Jump to content


Suicide tankers


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

jonesofcolorado-x #1 Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:57 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16023 battles
  • 745
  • Member since:
    02-27-2014

Several games of late, there have been a few reds that rather than be killed because their team is going to lose, they suicide it by running into the deep water.

 

Why not penalize suiciders so they get no xp? Or another idea is to give the nearest enemy the xp and kill? 



SPUK4U-p #2 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15244 battles
  • 3,453
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View Postjonesofcolorado-x, on 01 August 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

Several games of late, there have been a few reds that rather than be killed because their team is going to lose, they suicide it by running into the deep water.

 

Why not penalize suiciders so they get no xp? Or another idea is to give the nearest enemy the xp and kill? 

 

How would you make a difference between accidental drowning or falling to death?   

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --


jonesofcolorado-x #3 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:02 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16023 battles
  • 745
  • Member since:
    02-27-2014

View PostSPUK4U-p, on 01 August 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

 

How would you make a difference between accidental drowning or falling to death?   

 

Don't bother trying to tell the difference. 

Dethchant-p #4 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44543 battles
  • 126
  • [UDOD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2016

View PostSPUK4U-p, on 01 August 2020 - 10:00 AM, said:

 

How would you make a difference between accidental drowning or falling to death?   

 

or the trolls pushing you into water on greens

jonesofcolorado-x #5 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:23 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16023 battles
  • 745
  • Member since:
    02-27-2014

View PostDethchant-p, on 01 August 2020 - 08:16 AM, said:

 

or the trolls pushing you into water on greens

 

I can't say I've seen this much. I'd guess it's a very small fraction compared to the suiciders.

 

You can report team kills too. 



Dyslexsticks-x #6 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 36237 battles
  • 10,584
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

A good thing to do is if you see them, track them in their last few seconds so you keep the kill you would have got.

 

It's a way of blowing the raspberry back at them even louder.


View PostRaaRaa4895, on 06 December 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

The waifus guide us into the light. Once I finish school I will certainly be funding research to develop catgirls! uWu

Twit twoo. Off Topic archive. Stat-shame me uwu.


jonesofcolorado-x #7 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:44 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16023 battles
  • 745
  • Member since:
    02-27-2014

View PostDyslexsticks-x, on 01 August 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

A good thing to do is if you see them, track them in their last few seconds so you keep the kill you would have got.

 

It's a way of blowing the raspberry back at them even louder.

 

That's a good idea :medal:

SPUK4U-p #8 Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15244 battles
  • 3,453
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View Postjonesofcolorado-x, on 01 August 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

 

Don't bother trying to tell the difference. 

 

 

  

So according to you also these tankers deserves to be punished?  Silver penalty? a ban?  Accidents happen quite often, more often that purposely done suicides.

 

I think current system is fine enough, we all have unlucky battles and we all have bad battles that  just make us feel like we need to get out fast as we can.  There is not enough high penalties to prevent toxic players pushing others to death so there would not be high enough penalty from making players stay and fight when they feel that they need to got out from the battle.

   

 

 


-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --


Turbo_RB20-p #9 Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:20 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15772 battles
  • 324
  • [ODH]
  • Member since:
    12-07-2015

View PostDethchant-p, on 01 August 2020 - 10:16 AM, said:

 

or the trolls pushing you into water on greens

 

I've been recording every time I get pushed into the open. Cross plat has brought back toxic players. I love getting pushed in the open by Xbox players on purpose, while screaming at my monitor "stahhhppp, I'm an Xbox player in disguise." Hahaha

DressyMetal65-x #10 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 387 battles
  • 123
  • Member since:
    06-09-2020

View PostSPUK4U-p, on 01 August 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

 

How would you make a difference between accidental drowning or falling to death?   

 

That seems pretty obvious... Lol

 

 

 

As in, drowning requires water, falling requires elevation.

 

Falling off a bridge by accident, as you later posted, is a different matter.

 

Besides, the OP clearly mentioned deliberate suicides, not accidents.


Edited by DressyMetal65-x, 01 August 2020 - 11:42 PM.


DressyMetal65-x #11 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 387 battles
  • 123
  • Member since:
    06-09-2020

View PostTurbo_RB20-p, on 01 August 2020 - 08:20 PM, said:

 

I've been recording every time I get pushed into the open. Cross plat has brought back toxic players. I love getting pushed in the open by Xbox players on purpose, while screaming at my monitor "stahhhppp, I'm an Xbox player in disguise." Hahaha

 

​Somebody needs to make it clear that this is a Green vs Red game, NOT Xbox vs PS.

 



dave mg 04-x #12 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:31 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 37612 battles
  • 459
  • Member since:
    01-17-2017

not an excuse but the reason behind it is being stuck in losing game after losing game,  getting screwed by the RIGGED number generator where your top tier tank with over 260mm of pen bounces  off a bottom tier tank with 40mm of armour,  ghost shells, or all of a sudden your normally acurate gun suddenly can't hit anything even aiming for 10 mins it still goes to the moon. maybe in a game where reds have 6 top tier to greens 2 top tier....

this game give many many reasons to get pissed off with it,

 

i used to rage at people who did this but not anymore, theres only so much shyte one person can take and when you have invested a lot of time and money in a game where you KNOW your getting screwed over, i now understand why they do it...

all war gaming fault for making this game pay to just play. with every update the game just got worse and worse but all war gaming do is cash grab after cash grab.. all this crud but nothing to fix any of the  problems that people CONSTANTLY bring up on forum......

and that is why wargaming wont punish them as it was wargaming that created them......



SPUK4U-p #13 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:28 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15244 battles
  • 3,453
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View PostDressyMetal65-x, on 01 August 2020 - 11:37 PM, said:

 

That seems pretty obvious... Lol

 

 

 

As in, drowning requires water, falling requires elevation.

 

Falling off a bridge by accident, as you later posted, is a different matter.

 

Besides, the OP clearly mentioned deliberate suicides, not accidents.

 

So you want to go same path as with team killers that turn blue?  Some of them claim to be innocent, but I don't believe them, I shoot them as I believe that system is working as intended.  :trollface:

 

 


-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --


DressyMetal65-x #14 Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 387 battles
  • 123
  • Member since:
    06-09-2020

View PostSPUK4U-p, on 02 August 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

 

So you want to go same path as with team killers that turn blue?  Some of them claim to be innocent, but I don't believe them, I shoot them as I believe that system is working as intended.  :trollface:

 

 

 

I haven't noticed that yet, but shooting traitors sounds like fun!

 

You can't really shoot a suicide though. That would be pointless.



SPUK4U-p #15 Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:56 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15244 battles
  • 3,453
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View PostDressyMetal65-x, on 02 August 2020 - 02:47 PM, said:

 

I haven't noticed that yet, but shooting traitors sounds like fun!

 

You can't really shoot a suicide though. That would be pointless.

 

:teethhappy:

 


-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --


XT356-x #16 Posted 03 August 2020 - 03:03 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12635 battles
  • 3,134
  • [SCRBS]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2013

View PostDressyMetal65-x, on 02 August 2020 - 08:47 AM, said:

 

I haven't noticed that yet, but shooting traitors sounds like fun!

 

You can't really shoot a suicide though. That would be pointless.

 

Well, it would stop them from suiciding if you kill them.


“Meh"

Dyslexsticks-x #17 Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 36237 battles
  • 10,584
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostXT356-x, on 03 August 2020 - 03:03 AM, said:

 

Well, it would stop them from suiciding if you kill them.

 

This is true actually, the science behind it people die if they're killed.

 

That said kill me next please :medal:


View PostRaaRaa4895, on 06 December 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

The waifus guide us into the light. Once I finish school I will certainly be funding research to develop catgirls! uWu

Twit twoo. Off Topic archive. Stat-shame me uwu.


Ben The Orange-x #18 Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:36 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12448 battles
  • 250
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
One thing has me puzzled about suiciding. We're supposed to get silver and xp when an enemy tank does this. But some times I see battle results where two have suicided, yet only one grants silver and xp while the other doesn't. So does anyone know why some suiciders give out zero? Is it a bug? Surely that can't be intentional right?

Edited by Ben The Orange-x, 03 August 2020 - 10:36 PM.


NeXL115-x #19 Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:48 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27127 battles
  • 738
  • [CHINA]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
How many tankers are there with consoles? Wg needs as many as possible. I don't think there will be a punishment.


WindedNickel18-x #20 Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:04 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 84984 battles
  • 161
  • Member since:
    03-13-2014
If you drown out you don’t get the xp in most cases. Falling or Thelma and Louiseing it over a cliff may not cause you to get a zero. Leaving early is a zero.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users