6th Sense or not?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

kingrich06-x #1 Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 69594 battles

Is there a direct link between players who do not use 6th Sense and how many times they are one shot killed by a long range TD or HT/MT/LT sniper and an SPG?

I have watched many videos either ingame post game match capture or on youtube and I see many players get spotted, you hear the warnings as they would hear ingame, yet they sit still, no effort to back off or duck behind cover.  BOOM one shot or a good chunk of HP gone.  Either no 6th sense or  just ignored the warning.

Also after they are hit by SPG or hit by long range fire.  Tracked / immobilized or not, many players just sit there so the shooter can send more rounds down to the stationary target.

With this said, do these players, not have 6th sense skill on their crew?  they have too much faith they can bounce all shots with their armour(even in open ground) or in their hull down position?   Is this just inexperience on how to react to enemy fire and defend themselves.  Could not having 6th Sense be a cause of most of the blind one shot kills from spg or a sniper?

I am wondering how many players use it and make it a priority in their crew progression. I have over a good number of crews, and I make it the first skill.   I don't like running around and having all the reds looking at me without knowing.  How far down the crew leveling progress do you put 6th sense? 

71 Tier X's All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/done.. time to farm wins and stats on OP tanks!

NEXT GOAL: get 1 crew from every country to Rank17 with 25 skills.GER done

DREAM: have every TT & GOLD tank ingame 532 in garage, 194GOLD/ 338 TT

BongoBaggins-x #2 Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5903 battles
All of my crews learn 6th sense first, except dedicated arty crews (if I ever decided to start a dedicated arty crew). It's the single most useful skill in any outfield tank. 
Nowhere to run. Know where to hide.

M0DKUqc.png

TheOneWhoPlucks-x #3 Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18939 battles
  • [-XGN-]
You’d be surprised to learn how many people view six sense as a useless skill because they “ play like they’re always spotted”. Six sense was always the first thing I trained because information is key. I only say was because I don’t really train crews all that much anymore

Follower of Tin’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-3

and

Lj’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-5

Turbo_RB20-p #4 Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15654 battles
  • [ODH]
6th sense is always my first crew skill on every tank. Any information is good information. 

MaxAmmo10562-x #5 Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 32001 battles
  • [G7CAV]
I train repairs first on a new crew then swap it out for 6th sense when fully trained, then train repairs again and swap it for bros in arms, train repairs again then swap it for track mechanic, finally train repairs and keep it. After that I start tailoring the skills and perks for the specific class of vehicle but always 6th sense first.

kingrich06-x #6 Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:54 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 69594 battles
from the first couple of responses, I am not crazy by putting 6th Sense as my first skill..  

71 Tier X's All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/done.. time to farm wins and stats on OP tanks!

The GamerZocker-x #7 Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 51014 battles
  • [RATM]

View Postkingrich06-x, on 01 August 2020

I don't like running around and having all the reds looking at me without knowing.

It's my 1st crew skill on all of my crews and your sentences above is wrong. 6th sense let you know that "the reds" know where you are but they have no free shot to hit you. (arty excluded) So, you were detected but you drove behind cover that they can't see YOUR TANK directly. They just know your known location spotted by an (red) team member and their radio operator told another (red) radio operator where you were but none see you directly anymore.

Detected / Targeted is when a red player spotted you and have a free shot area without things in the way to hit you AND the red player aims on you currently.

kingrich06-x #8 Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 69594 battles

View PostThe GamerZocker-x, on 01 August 2020 - 03:09 PM, said:

It's my 1st crew skill on all of my crews and your sentences above is wrong. 6th sense let you know that "the reds" know where you are but they have no free shot to hit you. (arty excluded) So, you were detected but you drove behind cover that they can't see YOUR TANK directly. They just know your known location spotted by an (red) team member and their radio operator told another (red) radio operator where you were but none see you directly anymore.

Detected / Targeted is when a red player spotted you and have a free shot area without things in the way to hit you AND the red player aims on you currently.

I play lights and fast movers and being detected (even not targeted) usually a bad thing.  I usually change direction after being 6th sensed, and crest the hill and avoid peaking out a corner in the same path as I was going when I was 6th sensed.  Many times you can see the red's turret and know you  can get by or duck into cover safely.  I use the 6th sense in conjunction with the auto proximity warning to be able to get by  red when active scouting in and out defilade hills and valleys.   a second or two 6th sense warning efore the detected warning is the difference to many light tanks when spotting.

DUBIOUSrepair-x #9 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32829 battles
BIA always first, then either camo or Sixth Sense (SS). SS is good for telling if someone is around the corner undetected or under concealment.

Pull up behind hard cover and poke out so the front of your tank becomes exposed, then quickly pull back. If SS didn't go off within 3 seconds, your probably ok to advance to the next hard cover.

That's how I use it.

TheOneWhoPlucks-x #10 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18939 battles
  • [-XGN-]

View PostDUBIOUSrepair-x, on 01 August 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

BIA always first, then either camo or Sixth Sense (SS). SS is good for telling if someone is around the corner undetected or under concealment.

Pull up behind hard cover and poke out so the front of your tank becomes exposed, then quickly pull back. If SS didn't go off within 3 seconds, your probably ok to advance to the next hard cover.

That's how I use it.

We don’t have a 3 second delay like pc. SS is instant 

and

DUBIOUSrepair-x #11 Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32829 battles

View PostTheOneWhoPlucks-x, on 01 August 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

We don’t have a 3 second delay like pc. SS is instant 

I always thought "Detected!" was instant and SS took a few seconds.

TheOneWhoPlucks-x #12 Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18939 battles
  • [-XGN-]

View PostDUBIOUSrepair-x, on 01 August 2020 - 08:02 PM, said:

nope

and

HerdOfDonkeys-x #13 Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:27 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41429 battles
First crew perk. Train camo or some other skill, then swap for SS. Playing without SS is a significant handicap for me.

WindedNickel18-x #14 Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:43 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 84828 battles
Sixth sense is THE skill to have 1st. spotting and being spotted are keys to the game,and knowing when you are in the crosshairs is crucial. Anyone not using it just doesn’t know the game.

f1mitku-p #15 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 54754 battles

View PostHerdOfDonkeys-x, on 02 August 2020 - 06:27 AM, said:

First crew perk. Train camo or some other skill, then swap for SS. Playing without SS is a significant handicap for me.

That’s what I’m doing too. I play without SS only until I train the first skill. Then SS becomes the first or I just choose it at the beginning if don’t wanna spend 10 gold on some low tier vehicles.

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

dave mg 04-x #16 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37605 battles

View PostWindedNickel18-x, on 02 August 2020 - 04:43 AM, said:

Sixth sense is THE skill to have 1st. spotting and being spotted are keys to the game,and knowing when you are in the crosshairs is crucial. Anyone not using it just doesn’t know the game.

i have saw my tank blow up and then a second later the spotted comes up.... it's not instant.

but second crew skill i do, B.I.A is first....

dave mg 04-x #17 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37605 battles

View PostWindedNickel18-x, on 02 August 2020 - 04:43 AM, said:

spoken like a true elitist.

yes one of the important skills but not the most important.

always asume your spotted and try to stay arty safe untill it;s trained but to say someone just doesn't know the game is wrong it's not essential but it does like most other crewskills help

you would be a worse player just relying on that to know if your spotted it's not instant.....

SPUK4U-p #18 Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15193 battles

For me 6th sense is first skill all tanks and second skill after bia in artillery.  I think that majority of players are at level of 48% win rate and I bet they do not know all the tricks of the game including how to efficiently use crew skill.  I see this in artillery game, detected TD player or arty player sit still in open, the targeted warning is not lid up and he keeps shooting.  It just tells me that he does not have 6th sense or they do not know how to use.  They get hit by artillery and sent me an angry message about stupid coward sky cancer. It's not my fault that some players don't know how to play the game.  Same happens with experienced players, I see how greed gets over them after they took fist shot that got them detect, they take second shot from the same spot and get hit artillery.  I gain I get angry message,but it's not my fault if experienced player gets killed by his own greed.  Get 6th sense, learn to use it and don't let stupidity and greedy kill you.

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

Tempest fox3-x #19 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:34 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23508 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostDUBIOUSrepair-x, on 02 August 2020 - 04:02 AM, said:

Neither have a delay anymore. 

The old 'targeted' had a delay but when they replaced it with 'detected' the delay was removed. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

Tempest fox3-x #20 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:37 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23508 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postdave mg 04-x, on 02 August 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

spoken like a true elitist.

yes one of the important skills but not the most important.

always asume your spotted and try to stay arty safe untill it;s trained but to say someone just doesn't know the game is wrong it's not essential but it does like most other crewskills help

you would be a worse player just relying on that to know if your spotted it's not instant.....

Sixth sense has no delay. Used on conjunction with the 'targeted!' Alert of gives you all the information you need.

And yes. It is essential. You're just being obtuse because you don't like what someone said. Whether you like it or not, they were correct. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users