6th Sense or not?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Derekthetree-x #41 Posted 03 August 2020 - 01:29 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19328 battles
  • [BEARD]

another person in the first skill on any crew.

Its so useful in many situations, giving info on enemy positions, their view ranges etc.

I've flitted between spending 10G to swap out something else after grinding the first crew and not.

Wroclaw-x #42 Posted 03 August 2020 - 07:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 63138 battles

View Post on 02 August 2020 - 10:31 PM, said:

So what is the difference. Why bother with SS if "Detected" does the same thing?

the main difference is that by running SS you can end up playing more cautiously than you need too.

you can repeatedly top the table in both winning & losing matches & not have Sixth Sense on any of your crews.

& only idiots continually swop out Mentor. the small gain you get in saved XP isnt worth the tiny gold price it requires. thats how small an advantage your giving yourself. idiot. 

Edited by Wroclaw-x, 03 August 2020 - 07:50 AM.

Camping  is  Killing  this  Game

MrTrollPacMan-x #43 Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:34 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20676 battles

When I train crews, I usually train repairs first, then swap that for sixth sense once it’s fully trained. I train repairs again, swap it for BiA once it’s fully trained. Then, I train repairs again

IMO the 3 essential skills on virtually any tank is SS/BiA/Repairs

Arty is the only real exception, you can get by without repairs since they don’t have enough HP to make it worthwhile

FinlandRed-x #44 Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23152 battles

I do BIA and then SS on all my crews. I view both of these as essential skills as they help you stay alive.

Mentor is not worth it.

/<THREAD>

PLK180W-x #45 Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 02 August 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

Neither have a delay anymore. 

The old 'targeted' had a delay but when they replaced it with 'detected' the delay was removed. 

Targeted does have a delay, it will only sound once a gun is aiming within a certain arc of the target. You can spoof people into exposing themselves by keeping your gun pointing away until they are far from cover. It also doesn't go off if it's Arty pointing your way.

Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

Tempest fox3-x #46 Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23514 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostPLK180W-x, on 03 August 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

Targeted does have a delay, it will only sound once a gun is aiming within a certain arc of the target. You can spoof people into exposing themselves by keeping your gun pointing away until they are far from cover. It also doesn't go off if it's Arty pointing your way.

That's not a delay. A delay would be if their Yun was on you and it had to wait 3s before notifying you. 

As soon as their gun is within the predetermined arc of you it triggers. No timed delay. 

And I'm aware it isn't triggered by arty. Still not a delay. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

PLK180W-x #47 Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

View Postkiller etzi0-x, on 02 August 2020 - 03:09 PM, said:

It's been a while but there have been many threads/posts about this "discussion". My conclusion was I went through all my crews and ditched Mentor. 

I am in the "Train 6th sense 1st" camp.

Used Mentor on all my crews when I started, 3rd skill on my grind crews, 5 skill on crews going to keepers. Been switched on most of my crews now as most are at 12 skills. Still use it when bringing new crews up to 8 skills, (lower tiers), or if finishing a skill off on a high skill crew, (13 skills or over, training skill over 80%, switch a trained skill to Mentor, run through Premiums, switch skill back).

Still make sure SS is my first skill trained though.

PLK180W-x #48 Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

View PostBen The Orange-x, on 02 August 2020 - 10:05 PM, said:

I always do Mentor first then Sixth Sense TC. Short term pain for long term gain. It pays off in the long run after a dozen skills or so.

Don't spend gold swaping out skills. It's a waste of money. Especially with a lot of crews. Have a strategy for what your tank needs and stick to it. It's almost as bad as paying to convert experience to free xp.

He never mentioned heavies. Also Quickbaby and Mighty Jingles advocate using camo on heavies. Even a KV 2 gains several metres of extra concealment so it does have benefit.

Again also, Quickybaby and Claus Kellerman use binos on pretty much every tank up to and including tier eight. Vision is king.

Notice the difference sometimes when my Challenger crew goes into my Bulldog.

Edited by PLK180W-x, 03 August 2020 - 01:02 PM.

PLK180W-x #49 Posted 03 August 2020 - 01:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 03 August 2020 - 12:50 PM, said:

That's not a delay. A delay would be if their Yun was on you and it had to wait 3s before notifying you. 

As soon as their gun is within the predetermined arc of you it triggers. No timed delay. 

And I'm aware it isn't triggered by arty. Still not a delay. 

Okay, not a delay, but a flaw in the system that can be exploited.

You could be in a Heavy tank, get spotted by a Light, who keeps his gun aimed away from you, then slotted by Arty, all without "Targeted" flashing up to warn you.

SS would let you know as soon as that Light tank has spotted you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users