WCL Tournament WG Wargaming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

KeIIenn-x #1 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 37390 battles
  • [TRND0]

The World of Tanks Community League has been host to 3 of the largest tournaments ever to come to WoT on Xbox. These events met a tragic end when WG dropped support for community tournaments. With a new Community Manager and a larger community with the introduction of cross-play, the league believes this is the best time to restart its events. Our hope is to show WG the potential interest in such an event to secure unique prizing for both those who participate and who follow the tournament on Xbox and PS4. You can help us just by signing this petition to show your support for the league. Any help is much appreciated so please share with other! On behalf of WCL Staff, I thank you for your time and support!

*Prizing will ideally  be available for teams of all skill levels so there is no reason to not participate this season!

http://chng.it/gnvqWj9j

Shout out to WoTConsoles Facebook Group, Global Tank League Staff, Wednesday Night Fights Staff, Ladder Tournament Staff and everyone who has helped spread the word!

[TRND0] Tornado 

DaffierPear6-x #2 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26915 battles
  • [1CAB]

Brilliant initiative, I'd love to see WCL back in action!!

We desperately need a Regional  Tournament event, so not just catering to the US & Europe.  There are so many Aussies & Kiwis who want to play competitive but can't participate due to the timings of events.  A lot have simply stopped playing Tanks cause there is no real opportunity to take part.

I would love to see a new Wednesday Night Fights streamed and commentated by some of the Community Contributors, but have different regions at different times so Clans can participate at times suitable to them.

Pontiac Pat-x #3 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28043 battles
  • [47R]
Kellenn is picking up the torch as I am unable to commit that much time right now.  I wish you the best in this endeavor.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

KeIIenn-x #4 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 37390 battles
  • [TRND0]

View PostDaffierPear6-x, on 02 August 2020 - 01:34 AM, said:

Brilliant initiative, I'd love to see WCL back in action!!

We desperately need a Regional  Tournament event, so not just catering to the US & Europe.  There are so many Aussies & Kiwis who want to play competitive but can't participate due to the timings of events.  A lot have simply stopped playing Tanks cause there is no real opportunity to take part.

I would love to see a new Wednesday Night Fights streamed and commentated by some of the Community Contributors, but have different regions at different times so Clans can participate at times suitable to them.

I’m not too knowledgeable regarding Australian Time Zones. EU games are likely to be played at 1600 to 1800 UTC and NA played 0000 to 0200 UTC. I do not believe there are enough Australian teams to warrant creating a league with the current format. Although matches will be pre-scheduled for these times, team captains will have the option of rescheduling if they would like. All games will be pre-scheduled for the weekend (Friday-Sunday).

View PostPontiac Pat-x, on 02 August 2020 - 02:00 AM, said:

Kellenn is picking up the torch as I am unable to commit that much time right now.  I wish you the best in this endeavor.

Thank you Pat! Appreciate your support with this one.

[TRND0] Tornado 

KeIIenn-x #5 Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37390 battles
  • [TRND0]
bump

[TRND0] Tornado 

DaffierPear6-x #6 Posted 03 August 2020 - 03:27 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26915 battles
  • [1CAB]

View PostKeIIenn-x, on 02 August 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

I’m not too knowledgeable regarding Australian Time Zones. EU games are likely to be played at 1600 to 1800 UTC and NA played 0000 to 0200 UTC. I do not believe there are enough Australian teams to warrant creating a league with the current format. Although matches will be pre-scheduled for these times, team captains will have the option of rescheduling if they would like. All games will be pre-scheduled for the weekend (Friday-Sunday).

Thank you Pat! Appreciate your support with this one.

Jellen, I think you're doing an awesome job with this and wish you all the best.

The Timezone Issue puts us Aussies in a situation where we would have to forfeit.  1500hrs UTC Saturday falls at 0200hrs Sunday in Sydney.  If we made it through to the finals it would be early Monday morning.  That's where we forfeit as most have to work.

I hope you get a big turnout for it.

Also tagged with WCL, Tournament, WG, Wargaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users