What do you want devs for WOT Console to focus on?

Poll WWE Balance Premiums Bugs 60FPS

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Dev focus poll (129 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which of these would you want WGW to focus development on ?

1. Balance Changes (67 votes [51.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.94%

2. Game Performance Enhancements (60 FPS, Bug Fixes, Better Optimization) (56 votes [43.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.41%

3. New Premiums and WWE tanks (6 votes [4.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

Vote Hide poll

PrezBillClinton-x #21 Posted 31 August 2020 - 09:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 60648 battles
  • [JOCO]
Bigger Siegfried line type maps.

If you don't know, ask someone who does.

SteampunkPagan-x #22 Posted 31 August 2020 - 09:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 100732 battles
  • [HDC-R]

Bug fixes & Quality of life improvements (Radial wheel, UI & customization options)  are my two game related issues...

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

https://www.twitch.tv/SteampunkPagan

Warsteiner 1-x #23 Posted 31 August 2020 - 10:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 46936 battles
  • [C-X-L]

More female representation in the WWE tank commanders ! Only ONE so far ????

This is 2020 , come on Wargaming !

Warsteiner 1-x #24 Posted 31 August 2020 - 10:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 46936 battles
  • [C-X-L]

I voted more WWE BTW.

SteampunkPagan-x #25 Posted 31 August 2020 - 10:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 100732 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostWarsteiner 1-x, on 31 August 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

https://www.twitch.tv/SteampunkPagan

GamerPaws-x #26 Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:06 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25727 battles

View PostNicoH58-x, on 31 August 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

Not listed here is matchmaking, I’ve said it once I’ll say it again. I’ll take waiting 45 seconds to a minute for a match if it meant tank distrubution and weight was balanced. But you need to purge 4 and 5 man platoons to do it...

I would think MM is part of Balance.

Because u can have balanced teams or total calculator failure.

“I don’t agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

GamerPaws-x #27 Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:07 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25727 battles

View PostWarsteiner 1-x, on 31 August 2020 - 10:14 PM, said:

We need more black n transgender tanks too!!!!!!!!!!!!!......!

“I don’t agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

GroomingChief65-x #28 Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:07 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10524 battles
IMO definitely stay the course with tier ten balance tweaks. Very smart move.  Why the E4 hasn't seen any nerfs yet is a bit of a mystery to me but we'll see... in the meantime I'll keep getting smacked...   second I would say getting the most out of the nex gen console hardware graphics will be important to keeping the game fresh for many more years.  The bizarre spawn points lately are a bit of an annoyance, this may be an experiment of some sort but I for one will be glad when some optimum spawn points are finally settled on.  

LPShingo911-x #29 Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:19 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16638 battles
  • [KNIFE]
Let the firepower of the 183 and 4005 return. Incredible what they did with those changes, which was requested by the players who do not know how to lose by going wrong with their tanks.

M4ntiX-x #30 Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38499 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostLPShingo911-x, on 01 September 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

Let the firepower of the 183 and 4005 return. Incredible what they did with those changes, which was requested by the players who do not know how to lose by going wrong with their tanks.

Between this and your "tier X bots" thread I have concluded you sir, are a troll.

Btw, I have proof trolls exist. ;)

Current game frustration level: ██████▒▒▒▒  60%

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

LPShingo911-x #31 Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:28 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16638 battles
  • [KNIFE]
Hey, if I have to apologize I do. But we can all get confused.

theSwansonFTW-p #32 Posted 01 September 2020 - 01:24 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28184 battles

There are so many things that I think are wrong with this game, I voted balance, but MM and RNG are my main bugbears. All I know is I used to spend money regularly on this game, and haven't spent any since July.

That's how I vote. I have 13,000 gold and there is nothing I want to spend it on, because right now it doesn't matter what tank I'm driving. All the games are bad. So what happens is I stop playing after the 10th game in a row where I lose because I got one shot by artillery, or end up having to tie down 5 tanks single handed whilst the rest of the team gets vapourised by ten reds and half the team do 0 damage.

That does not encourage me to buy the latest premium, that encourages me to go and do something else. And that's what I do now. I could be playing now, but I'm not because it's not enjoyable. Match after match after match, Doesn't matter which tier, top tier or bottom, or which tank it's just an unrelenting procession of being outnumbered, outgunned and surrounded by people who seem incapable of carrying out the most basic tasks in their tanks. 

I've also noticed I keep on being put into a kind of special needs server where there may well be 5000 people playing and yet the pool of players showing is sub 100. That's when the bad runs start, and then all of a sudden after 10 games of garbage suddenly the available players will jump up to 200-300 players for 2 or 3 games, and then back to special needs server again. 

It took me 5 weeks to cobble together 75 500 assist damage games. 5 weeks! I played probably 600 games, most of which I was front lining in mediums and heavies. I think in those 600 games I had "friendly" artillery shoot at maybe 6 tanks I was either spotting or actively fighting against. 

I just don't understand the player base, or the Meta anymore. Every match I lose I am fighting the reds who go on to win the game, and in most cases I am outnumbered with no support. 

So either I support the players who are in the wrong place and don't win the game, or I camp base, which is something that does not interest me in the least.

Edited by theSwansonFTW-p, 01 September 2020 - 01:33 AM.

Three marked tanks: VK30.01H, O-I Experimental, PzIII/IV, Pz IVH,

Saggy Cloth Cat-x #33 Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:46 PM

Private

• Players
  • 9448 battles
  • [PFM]

View PosttheSwansonFTW-p, on 01 September 2020 - 01:24 AM, said:

There are so many things that I think are wrong with this game, I voted balance, but MM and RNG are my main bugbears. All I know is I used to spend money regularly on this game, and haven't spent any since July.

That's how I vote. I have 13,000 gold and there is nothing I want to spend it on, because right now it doesn't matter what tank I'm driving. All the games are bad. So what happens is I stop playing after the 10th game in a row where I lose because I got one shot by artillery, or end up having to tie down 5 tanks single handed whilst the rest of the team gets vapourised by ten reds and half the team do 0 damage.

That does not encourage me to buy the latest premium, that encourages me to go and do something else. And that's what I do now. I could be playing now, but I'm not because it's not enjoyable. Match after match after match, Doesn't matter which tier, top tier or bottom, or which tank it's just an unrelenting procession of being outnumbered, outgunned and surrounded by people who seem incapable of carrying out the most basic tasks in their tanks. 

I've also noticed I keep on being put into a kind of special needs server where there may well be 5000 people playing and yet the pool of players showing is sub 100. That's when the bad runs start, and then all of a sudden after 10 games of garbage suddenly the available players will jump up to 200-300 players for 2 or 3 games, and then back to special needs server again. 

It took me 5 weeks to cobble together 75 500 assist damage games. 5 weeks! I played probably 600 games, most of which I was front lining in mediums and heavies. I think in those 600 games I had "friendly" artillery shoot at maybe 6 tanks I was either spotting or actively fighting against. 

I just don't understand the player base, or the Meta anymore. Every match I lose I am fighting the reds who go on to win the game, and in most cases I am outnumbered with no support. 

So either I support the players who are in the wrong place and don't win the game, or I camp base, which is something that does not interest me in the least.

Totally absolutely agree. MM is the biggest problem. I've been using the Wargaming API to chart my stats. I can see clearly there are losing streaks and winning streaks that go on for days. Yes my play gets worse after a while because of frustration, but some simple changes like +1/-1 which would at least make whitewash games less likely would be an improvement. With the increased population please can someone at WG explain what their plans are for improving MM so games last more than 4 minutes? Once I've completed the Chisel contract I'm backing right away from this game until I feel it's worth playing again.

XxDark90SirenxX-x #34 Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:29 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 471 battles
  • [BUNNY]
Nothing about this forum represents the community in any significant way and their focus should be on removing the forums entirely 

Saggy Cloth Cat-x #35 Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:30 AM

Private

• Players
  • 9448 battles
  • [PFM]

View PostXxDark90SirenxX-x, on 03 September 2020 - 04:29 AM, said:

Nothing about this forum represents the community in any significant way and their focus should be on removing the forums entirely 

What evidence or facts do you have to back up this opinion?

Brute Bassie-x #36 Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:14 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33236 battles
A combination of the first two options. Their focus should be on improving the core product, i.e. balance changes, bug fixes, a new garage and preferably new maps. Get rid of all clown tanks (historical filter?) and the stupid jungle/WWE theme. Of course this will never happen, but a man can dream...

mockney_piers-p #37 Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11920 battles
  • [F1LTH]

View PostDrHorrible4Life-x, on 31 August 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

Nerfing the Vanguard when it is objectively one of the worst in class is exactly the kind of thing WG is known for.

https://www.wotstars.com/tanks

Highest on WR, DR, KDR, Assist, Combined and Survival (discounting becky lynch, given 700 battle sample versus 240,000)

FinlandRed-x #38 Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23901 battles

MatchMaking,

MatchMaking,

MatchMaking,

MatchMaking.

Have I said it enough yet?

GEToff MyLawn52-x #39 Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32281 battles

Neither of my biggest complaints are listed as an option.

MM and RNG.  Tired of one team getting far more HP than the other team (sometimes two tanks worth of HP) and I would like to see RNG halved.  Wishful thinking, I know.

JelliedPenny08-x #40 Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20370 battles
  • [6APC]

I voted Balance. 

More specifically I think the focus should be matchmaking. Whilst individual tank balance is a thing of importance, it pales into insignificance compared to the overall team composition. This isn't about platoons, skilled players or OP tanks. All of those things, or a combination of any, can swing a battle. But the mm that underpins it needs reviewing, because without that any of the other changes on top are just a soggy, peeling plaster over a gaping wound. 

+/-1  might be a good change whilst MatchMaking is being worked on in more depth. I don't underestimate how much of a big task that might be. Picking up complicated programming from several years ago can be tricky even if you worked on it. Even worse if it was someone else's work and is a core mechanic that other things hang from. It needs looking at though. 

After Matchmaking I think it should be priority bug fixing like the ui problems in the ops page. As I think those things are ahead of wider balance changes which are more of a long term programme. 

Also tagged with Poll, WWE, Balance, Premiums, Bugs, 60FPS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users