Join us during the World of Tanks True Vision Test September 18th - 22nd

• Please log in to reply
519 replies to this topic

ONLY1 FLY FLAME-x #361 Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:30 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4187 battles
I absolutey love this experiment much more realistic game play. Please implement this system permanently.

SteampunkPagan-x #362 Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:53 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 100359 battles
  • [HDC-R]

Hello,

I am not a game developer so maybe I am missing something with this test. It seems to me that the Dev team are ashamed of WoT as a game & now wish to copy that other tank game we are not allowed to speak of here in the forum by changing core mechanics to their core mechanics. That said if I wanted to play that other game I would simple as that. I like WoTConsole even with its bugs, glitches & quirks. I do NOT want to play that other game or even a lite water downed version I want to play World Of Tanks Console. This is silly & for me has ruined my weekend Tanking...It is simply a silly idea to try & clone another games core mechanics just to become more like them & less like who/what you are.

Thanks,

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

https://www.twitch.tv/SteampunkPagan

dukeofpeasant-x #363 Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:59 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18172 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSteampunkPagan-x, on 19 September 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hello,

I am not a game developer so maybe I am missing something with this test. It seems to me that the Dev team are ashamed of WoT as a game & now wish to copy that other tank game we are not allowed to speak of here in the forum by changing core mechanics to their core mechanics. That said if I wanted to play that other game I would simple as that. I like WoTConsole even with its bugs, glitches & quirks. I do NOT want to play that other game or even a light water downed version I want to play World Of Tanks Console. This is silly & for me has ruined my weekend Tanking...It is simply a silly idea to try & clone another games core mechanics just to become more like them & less like who/what you are.

Thanks,

SPP

This exactly. 

It's very much like the other game's mechanics. Which are suited for that game due to the whole package. Piece mealing mechanics from that into WoTC without all the other systems, doesn't work. 

Like the hiding in bushes there works, because I can spray a Bushy area with machine gun fire to determine if there's anything there via hit markers much easier than simply relying on my eyes to catch the difference between bushes...and then drop a smoke screen so I can escape 

Need spots? I gots. Happy to scout if you want.

Tanks I love:

Luchs, Leopard(scout),vk 28/ fat leopard/ Skinny Vikki(scout), Awful Panther, V/IV, T49, E25 aka Super Hetzer!, Leopard PTA, Porsche Tiger, Ferdinand, Sexton 1 Yankee, M44, and Vikky 3601.

SausageCatHat-x #364 Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:00 PM

Private

• Players
  • 34187 battles

This is the worst update to WOT ever.  A pile of steaming <fill in the blank>

The product owner who decided to implement this is a moron.

Edited by SausageCatHat-x, 19 September 2020 - 11:09 PM.

BrogueOne-p #365 Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:26 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 25406 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostSteampunkPagan-x, on 19 September 2020 - 10:53 PM, said:

Hello,

I am not a game developer so maybe I am missing something with this test. It seems to me that the Dev team are ashamed of WoT as a game & now wish to copy that other tank game we are not allowed to speak of here in the forum by changing core mechanics to their core mechanics. That said if I wanted to play that other game I would simple as that. I like WoTConsole even with its bugs, glitches & quirks. I do NOT want to play that other game or even a light water downed version I want to play World Of Tanks Console. This is silly & for me has ruined my weekend Tanking...It is simply a silly idea to try & clone another games core mechanics just to become more like them & less like who/what you are.

Thanks,

SPP

It’s ok to say War Thunder... it’s not a bad word.  You can say Armored Warfare too(though not much reason to say AW since it’s even worse than WT!)  It’s the core mechanics of this game that’s kept most of us playing for 3-6+ years.  Players who really want a “historical” or “realistic” experience already know that War Thunder is there precisely for that experience.  Without any context or roadmap from WG it definitely seems like they’re playing at turning into War Thunder Jr. and you’re absolutely allowed to be concerned.  I like the arcade-style of this game too and it’s also ruined my weekend of WoT..... I impulsively wish to play, but definitely don’t want to deal with a “test” system that creates a massive imbalance between players as well as completely changes the ways people are playing to accomodate those imbalances.

SandM9-x #366 Posted 20 September 2020 - 12:34 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

View PostPontiac Pat-x, on 18 September 2020 - 05:59 PM, said:

To be honest, it was seal clubbing season below tier 5.  So many had no clue at all how they were being shot to pieces.  This definitely doesn't make it easier on new players.  It sets them up for slaughter.

From the clips I've watched it seemed like this was going to benefit more experienced players or at least those paying attention. 

View PostPontiac Pat-x, on 19 September 2020 - 08:55 AM, said:

Just to put it in perspective, the current render range limit was set a few years ago.  In the first couple years of the game we didn't have this restriction.  It was a sad day when they restricted it, even though I understood the 360 needed the help to keep up.  Now that the 360 is gone, I think they are right to bring unlimited render range back.

A couple of common situations where it makes a real difference:

1 - You are actively engaging a target that is running away.  It is spotted and has no cover but now suddenly disappears just because it's gotten to a magic distance from you.  In the old system you could continue to engage until it actually got to cover or lost spotting from your team mates.
2 - You are spotting for your team and are wondering why those TDs behind you aren't shooting what you're spotting.  It's because they are just a bit too far back to render the target you're lighting up for them.  In the old system it was the terrain that determined the best overwatch positions rather than an arbitrary limit.  It's OK to be shot from 700m away if the enemy scout does what is necessary to light you up.  It's not OK to be shot from 700m away when nobody comes forward to make that scouting run.

Yes, it does make things a little bit more campy, but only when working with scouts.  It rewards teamwork.  If nobody scouts camping is no different than it is now.

making me cry thinking about the good ole' days

the Shame in all this is where was this desire to innovate when it would've counted.  I could see this in the right hands being tweaked into something that makes the game better. This company though?  Now? And they are releasing bright shiny tanks? what's the direction here? 

At least some ones getting a chance to push there twitch I guess

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

jojo5455-p #367 Posted 20 September 2020 - 12:52 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49106 battles
  • [AKVMA]

So it's nice but only temporarily, it forces us to open the eye and be more suspicious, look at every street corner to see if no one hides.

Many do not understand where it comes from and it's funny to see them panic, you just have to anticipate the focus where it is camped and the popular passages and it's the guaranteed shoot.

Although it's fun so should not be permanent, 2 times a year the time of a weekend to laugh. If ever the game welcomes it again temporarily here is what you can add:

Once the game no longer spots us automatically, become completely invisible again for 5 seconds to give a chance to take cover.  

Add the possibility to activate this mode or not do this mode and make MM between people who have it or not.

This is my opinion, I repeat this mode should not definitely intervene I am to act of an event 1 or 2 times in the year the space of a weekend.

By becoming permanent a lot of Td and Arty will be unnecessary because too often stopped.

I see a lot less arty this weekend, it is one of the rare positive points of this test. Here is a small video to close my opinion..

TsprinTs-x #368 Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:18 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45804 battles

View PostPaskeetje-p, on 19 September 2020 - 06:16 AM, said:

The reason many people play this game is just because it is NOT like Call of Duty or similar shooters.

actually i love both.

Back to the topic seriously. 

1. I like the idea that you gave to actually searching for you enemy and you can shoot them if they are with range of 720.

2. Before the change you gun's effective range of 720m was completely meaningless.  Now at least you can try to hit your target further.

3. Will it promote camping? I play a few games for the test and my initial conclusion is, campers remain camping no matter what the mechanic is.

4. The way you search for the enemy is not as easy as I thought.  Some enemies are barely see able which is good and encourage people to hide behind foilage, taking cover.  Before the change, when you are spotted your enemy can still see your red lined profile behind foilage which is pretty stupid.

I think this idea can work on but need some map changes and vehicle changes.  Especially ammo limit.

And it really makes the game more realistic.

TsprinTs-x #369 Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45804 battles

View PostPaskeetje-p, on 19 September 2020 - 06:16 AM, said:

The reason many people play this game is just because it is NOT like Call of Duty or similar shooters.

Do you really think I don't know why people like this game over COD? I think i played more on WOT and COD than you.

TsprinTs-x #370 Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:44 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45804 battles

There is another thing that I find I can do with this new vision mechanics. 

Search for the enemy, knowing where they are, and relocate.

You can not do that in the original mechanics if you are out spotted by your enemy.

There was a situation that i got pinned on the hill in Pharkola (don'tknow how to spell it). I need to know where the rest of the reds are in order to relocate safely. I don't think I could do this in the original vision since i would be spotted and pinned again. End up I saw them, adjust my routine, relocated, shoot the red from there side and won the match even we were out numbered.

I think it let you move around the map easier provided that you are willing to move around and search the red by yourself.

GI PsychoTwitch-x #371 Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:54 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 6565 battles
I like it this mechanic but at the same time I don’t, for this to work They would need to remove the tank health system and add crewmen to make it like war thunder where you would have to disable the crew members instead of depleting the tank health, this will also enable the players to strategically make there shots on weak points where they can damage the most of the tanks crew to disable the tank. Also add more foliage so tank destroyers can hide and shot since that’s a tank destroyer purpose. Also add bullet drop if that’s not possible then add bullet distance limitations for when the bullet doesn’t do any damage at a certain range.

igoboomm-x #372 Posted 20 September 2020 - 04:40 AM

Private

• Players
  • 34547 battles
I've been playing for just about 5 years now. I've invested hundreds of hours and embarrassingly enough hundreds of dollars. I love this game! But this new vision system mechanic is trash. It has negated Sixth Sense camouflage silent Drive muffled shot Green Thumb designated Target and more. Oh yes someone can argue that they still work to keep you from being spotted for the artillery. But everyone can still see you. Camo Nets yeah that's a joke. I have been absolutely trashed buy tanks that had no chance of seeing me but could physically see my tank. I have trashed other people in the same way. I can't stand it. I probably put in a minimum of two hours a day playing this game at night. But I will not play anymore this weekend till this junk is over. This is a video game it's not supposed to be realistic. Anyone that complains about the way that the spotting Mechanics Work don't understand them and need to go back to playing Halo. Some of us have built crews to be as invisible as possible for spotting purposes. You no longer need camouflage or spotting skills you just need a bigger TV so you can see the tank. I made the joke  that I would just have someone sit next to me while I played on my new giant TV with a pair of binoculars pick out targets and ruin their gaming experience. Yeah you don't need binoculars on your tank any more you just need a set sitting next to you with your controller. You could play sniper and have your spotter buddy just sitting there picking out targets for you. Well I've said my peace I'm very disappointed with this true vision. I think it's a giant mistake and can only hope that it goes away and never comes back.

Comicsans3-x #373 Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:44 AM

Private

• Players
  • 13468 battles

This feels like warthunder.  Will not play past the 10 matches or so.  I do not appreciate being a beta tester either.  

Al hit ya-x #374 Posted 20 September 2020 - 08:35 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14849 battles
  • [JGTS]

What ? Eh?

So you can be seen anywhere but camo and concealment perks still work? slightly confusing.

So how does a camo net work then? 

Arty can be shot from anywhere unless behind a rock where it cant fire.

I am very confused, is there an English version of this anywhere? ;)

Sometime's its better to be thought an idiot than stand up speak and remove all doubt.

drosera88-x #375 Posted 20 September 2020 - 10:03 AM

Private

• Players
  • 30917 battles

In theory I like this because it adds a realistic element to the game. In practice I don't think this will work. well because the game isn't realistic enough to make the mechanic work. Real life tactics using camouflage don't translate well with the game mechanics.

Real life tank battles were usually fought at long ranges with combatants separated 1 or 2 kilometers apart. At those ranges, a well camouflaged tank could be extremely hard to detect visually, and could be almost impossible to spot if a commander was trying to spot with the hatch closed using view ports. The problem with this in WOT is that all maps are small, with 1.2x1.2 km being the largest map size. At such small distances, camo will come to mean very little as visually detecting tanks at distances of less than 1.2km is relatively easy. We aren't hindered in the same way real tank commanders were because the third-person camera gives us a much better view of everything than any real tank would have. 

Another issue is that tanks in WOT don't blend into foliage as well as real tanks. A camouflaged tank in real life would be covered with dirt, netting and pieces of foliage. WOT's camo net is not visible, which means you are far more visible than tanks would be in real life, which makes foliage a lot less useful for concealment. Additionally, foliage on WOT maps is placed and sized according to the original vision mechanics. Small bushes currently provide concealment, but this concealment is more or less pointless with the new mechanics because even a light tank will have trouble concealing itself visually in a small bush. 

Of course, once a tank fires, it's general position is given away. This means real-life tactics using camouflage heavily favored ambushing. A tank would lie in wait at range and once an opportunity arose, it would be able to knock out one or two tanks before other tanks could get shots off at it. In WOT, ambushing like this doesn't work unless you're using a tank that stands a chance to one shot or one clip an enemy vehicle, such as the Deathstars, WT E100, or arty. None of these tanks are easy to hide though, meaning whoever you're ambushing will likely see you before they are in a position for you to actually ambush them effectively. 

wake_the_move-p #376 Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:11 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17635 battles

View PostTsprinTs-x, on 20 September 2020 - 02:18 AM, said:

2. Before the change you gun's effective range of 720m was completely meaningless.  Now at least you can try to hit your target further.

3. Will it promote camping? I play a few games for the test and my initial conclusion is, campers remain camping no matter what the mechanic is.

Well, it could be more meaningful, if they increased the view range, but not the spotting range. Would also give light tanks and radio range somewhat more meaning... 

They should test it by increasing view range to 600 or even 650 meters.

View PostDevilman05-p, on 18 September 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

I think the tankers you seek to help with this change are the ones falling victim to it

Indeed! Those, who complained about invisible tanks might be the same ones, who are always driving out in the open, and wonder why they end up being a shooting gallery. They still make they same mistakes ending up as cannonfodder regardless. Imho the „seventh sense“ (warning when you are targeted) should also be removed, since it also takes some meaning off of sixth sense.

Give the muppets better tutorials instead of implementing boomerangs.

edit: Are there actually any King Dragon, or similarly fancy coloured vehicles driving around lately?

Edited by wake_the_move-p, 20 September 2020 - 11:21 AM.

TsprinTs-x #377 Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:23 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45804 battles

View PostGI PsychoTwitch-x, on 19 September 2020 - 10:54 PM, said:

I like it this mechanic but at the same time I don’t, for this to work They would need to remove the tank health system and add crewmen to make it like war thunder where you would have to disable the crew members instead of depleting the tank health, this will also enable the players to strategically make there shots on weak points where they can damage the most of the tanks crew to disable the tank. Also add more foliage so tank destroyers can hide and shot since that’s a tank destroyer purpose. Also add bullet drop if that’s not possible then add bullet distance limitations for when the bullet doesn’t do any damage at a certain range.

Gun range is 720m for most t10 tank.

You will see out of range when you cannot damage your target.

TsprinTs-x #378 Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:59 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45804 battles

Give the tanks some Transparency,  based on class and distance seen. Make certain tanks harder to see by naked eyes on a TD thus make it harded to see lets a tank with better concealment. So player will need more real effort to search for a certain class tank.

TsprinTs-x #379 Posted 20 September 2020 - 12:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45804 battles
People say it defeats the spotting mechanics.  But my exp with it is, if you are spotted you become the first priority taget and everyone stop searching for tanks and shoot at you.

JOSEisntCOOL1-p #380 Posted 20 September 2020 - 12:09 PM

Private

• Players
  • 22735 battles
  • [5ACES]
Just my opinion as I have been playing this test. Its bad, I think I should play all tanks as TDs and not move. Its just my opinion . Been playing tanks since release on xbox360 to ps4. A true tanker. Also when you are trying to defend an enemy tank in your base and you roll in to try to take it out, once your spotted its bad. I'm done with this test WOT.

Edited by JOSEisntCOOL1-p, 20 September 2020 - 12:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users