Join us during the World of Tanks True Vision Test September 18th - 22nd

• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

Uv LIGHTz-x #61 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21240 battles
  • [-L7-]
horrible idea, just ruined camo, and view range. Literally would make Swedish tds even more useless since they really rely on our current camo mechanics. Just ruins any tank that relies on camo. Just adopt pcs spotting and view range mechanics over this.

SprungNickel427-x #62 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:27 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38971 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostUnitedCombat645-x, on 15 September 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

(Copy/pasted) 

I mean... I don’t like tanks popping in and out within my view range because either the enemy or myself strayed near a bush that cut my view range down for a couple of seconds but it’s not that big of a deal. Why is this even being considered? How is such a drastic change necessary? We’ve spent the past 6 years learning how to use spotting mechanics, now those mechanics are going to be thrown out with the kitchen sink? Is Erlenberg going to become more irrelevant of a map because you’ll be able to snipe from hill to hill over the village? Is someone going to be able to nuke lights just because their camo (or lack thereof) doesn’t match with the background? I mean heck, the mercenaries have a red and white summer camouflage. The French have a bright green bush scheme to boot. 

So if this stays, the only applicable camo schemes are just going to be shades of white, green, tan, and gray respectively? Will those schemes become pay to win at that extent because they’ll actually stand a chance of hiding your tank? What basis does this have in an arcade game? 

exactly, Doesn't seem to be a priority in game changes needed. Think War Thunder where you actually need to look for tanks. Instead of disappearing right in front of your eyes, the reds will be visible. More camping and passive game play. 

UnitedCombat645-x #63 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26806 battles

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 15 September 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

READ! They can not!

It can be done with the third person camera, all it takes is some guessing to abuse that. But it’s also a heavy double edged sword since arty is constantly rendered as well. 

PLR65-x #64 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40312 battles

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 15 September 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

Why don't you post a video of the effect? The description sows doubt on it's actual impact, because we tankers can't read!

Very good idea

I assume they must have tested it themselves

But maybe not?

SprungNickel427-x #65 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38971 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostDerekthetree-x, on 15 September 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

So the news article is clear as mud. All tanks are permanently visible but you still need to spot them? Can we get comparison videos beforehand so we don't go in... blind

absolutely...So on point! you could not have said it better. We tankers can't read, or won't read and this thread points to another thread to read what it's all about. Show us a Vid! Show us the consequences. If I read this correctly, you just won't have tanks disappearing in front of you when they go out of view range or detection range. We shot at them blind and still hit them. Now we'll be able to see them either way but we'll have to manually aim , in that same way we blind fired tanks that disappeared.

SprungNickel427-x #66 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38971 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostUnitedCombat645-x, on 15 September 2020 - 02:28 PM, said:

It can be done with the third person camera, all it takes is some guessing to abuse that. But it’s also a heavy double edged sword since arty is constantly rendered as well. 

3rd person is useful right in front of you and only as far as you can see from behind your tank. Shot gun style! likely spotted any way and so no, not an issue. God mode where you can hear trees and fences breaking and look down will not reveal tanks that are not detected.  READ!

PLK180W-x #67 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles
Description is a bit of a mess, but I'll wait to try it before judging it.
Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

UnitedCombat645-x #68 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26806 battles

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 15 September 2020 - 09:27 AM, said:

exactly, Doesn't seem to be a priority in game changes needed. Think War Thunder where you actually need to look for tanks. Instead of disappearing right in front of your eyes, the reds will be visible. More camping and passive game play. 

I’ve played WT a bit and came to a conclusion where you need to be hyper alert, but you need a really good monitor in order to maximize your ability to see and pick out targets. 

Basically think if you’re running in 720p (or 1080) and you have to fight someone at a distance with a 4K screen, you’re already at a disadvantage. This really doesn’t belong here, realism was given up long ago, now this may likely make some premiums irrelevant and disadvantageous to play. 

mr doctor who98-x #69 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:44 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3471 battles
Personally this is too much like war thunder mechanics, I think it might also alienate the older player base or people with sight disabilities plus anyone with a lower resolution TV as this new mechanic is going require good eye sight and reactions

natedaishmaster-x #70 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29068 battles
  • [IMTLS]
Theoretically, this isn't a terrible change in the sense that a lot of (typically bad or poorly informed about game mechanics) players have complained about how tanks go in and out of vision. In terms of the game though, this is such a monumental change. The only way this works is if the amount of hard and soft cover in the game almost literally doubles and rows of bushes are added for field crossings just to make the game flow normally. Sure it eliminates some camping spots (rails on prok, Erlenberg ridges, etc) but it also makes it so that big tanks have a rough time moving around the map at all. Who knows, typically I think this will favor good players who know where to look at different points of the game but it also ruins skillful vision play in lights and mediums that made these players good in the first play

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4

mr doctor who98-x #71 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3471 battles
Also how is this going to effect render range is this still staying the same 

l FearMySkill l-x #72 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:51 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36222 battles
  • [CHAI-]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 10 September 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

Hello all,

One of the most important gameplay mechanics in World of Tanks is the vision system, also known as the vehicle detection system. This system determines how and when vehicles appear to players during a match, as well as how players can interact with those vehicles.

As we continue to adapt the game’s mechanics, we’d like to get your feedback on a change to the vision system that we want to test out. You can experience this change all this weekend in our True Vision Test!

We look forward to hearing your feedback below. Also, keep an eye out for a survey on this test coming to your inbox.

Please visit the World of Tanks Console website for more information on this test.

You really don't have any idea of how the game works right?

Like you legitimately don't play your own game for anything, completely delusional, we already kinda knew you don't know anything about the game with the priority you put into useless changes, and the complete mess in your attempts to create new maps, but this confirms it.

By this you're making camo, blindfires and light tanks completely useless, tanks like TDs and lights that rely on this mechanic to outplay enemies now are basically gone.

By this you're reducing the skill gap of the game, situational awareness and predicting enemy moves is what makes you a good player, shooting and angling is the easiest and most irrelevant part of the game, by doing this you're reducing all strategic aspects of the game, you really don't understand how big some tanks are right? If I'm playing malinovka encounter I could literally see everyone in their team by second zero, crossing that gap would be impossible with 15 tanks aiming at you, rotations aren't doable anymore, congratulations you're just about to break the whole game idea and the whole gameplay, honestly just fire MaxChaos before he singlehandedly ends the game.

In a side obvious note of why this won't work, imagine I'm in a platoon with artillery, or even worse in a team training tournament, me as a heavy tank or any other class I'm able to see an enemy at 400 meters peeking right? So, I can literally "blindfire" him with HE for 100-200 damage everytime he peeks and spotting him for 2 seconds for my artillery to shot him and get free information. I don't know who came out with this idea but honestly has no idea of the game or how the game skill works.

Posted Image
Image Link

Edit: typo

ALF EXTREME-x #73 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:53 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 53899 battles
this will be great for hunting arties no more invisible campers hiding in the base. planning arty killing routes will be easier and finding the scum will be easier.

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom

l FearMySkill l-x #74 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36222 battles
  • [CHAI-]

View Postnatedaishmaster-x, on 15 September 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

Theoretically, this isn't a terrible change in the sense that a lot of (typically bad or poorly informed about game mechanics) players have complained about how tanks go in and out of vision. In terms of the game though, this is such a monumental change. The only way this works is if the amount of hard and soft cover in the game almost literally doubles and rows of bushes are added for field crossings just to make the game flow normally. Sure it eliminates some camping spots (rails on prok, Erlenberg ridges, etc) but it also makes it so that big tanks have a rough time moving around the map at all. Who knows, typically I think this will favor good players who know where to look at different points of the game but it also ruins skillful vision play in lights and mediums that made these players good in the first play

vMaxified-x #75 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 35694 battles
  • [CHAI-]
Maybe it would be nice to rebalance some older tanks instead of changing mechanics that are working perfectly fine?

l FearMySkill l-x #76 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:03 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36222 battles
  • [CHAI-]

View Postnatedaishmaster-x, on 15 September 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

Well, I think it would be a damage farming simulator, I personally can think of a lot of maps that have spawns that can see each other, but think about how long the games are gonna be in some maps if I'm able to literally have 5-7 "blindfires" per game, games are already 3-4 minutes, now you need to play super passive because everyone in the map has a shot on you, an example can be G6 in artic region, the position relies on camo, if people at A line can see me all the game I can't play that position anymore, you won't be able to play aggressive since you'd at risk of being seen or shot without anyone peeking you or proxy spotting you, this basically just makes the meta even more heavy tank based. It's a completely trash change nate, and unnecessary, maps aren't even as big as they are in WT, so what's the point of this? We know how boring war thunder can be, so yeah making this game like that with the laser guns we have, and people that plays very close to the screen like I do are gonna be completely overpowered, a not so good player would literally sit in a bad spot and get completely farmed not understanding why, not only that, but think about low tier, so many tanks rely on their camo, and considering armor and view range are completely absent in that tier you could literally sit hull down and farm people camping in bushes, etc. Not even talking about how competitive play would look like

FinlandRed-x #77 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23565 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 15 September 2020 - 02:22 PM, said:

What I am seeing from time to time is people saying they don't like the sound of it, so they're not going to try it. I would highly encourage everyone to try out the True Vision Test and provide additional feedback once the feature has been played so that I can provide balanced feedback to the development team on whether the test was enjoyed by our players or not. Give it a go, all constructive feedback is highly welcomed and appreciated.

So I'm going to try and keep an open mind about this but I'm expecting disappointment.

Will it be active in Training Rooms and War Stories? Be nice to try various scenarios without doing it live multiplayer and trashing everyone elses game?

Some honest feedback for Development Team? Where do you get your ideas from and what are your priorities? There are any numbers of threads around here about game balance and the shortcomings of MM yet you choose to change the core view mechanics? Did I miss a thread about how view range is messing with people?

Finally, if you're going to make a massive change like this to the core of the game it would avoid all sorts of speculation, negative feedback and second guessing if you just did us short video showing how the changes will work in game. It work make your life easier to. Don't let the devs document things as generally devs sit too close to the work for their docs to be of use to the users. It needs to be filitered by someone who speaks tech.

MrSprayAndPrey-x #78 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 48767 battles
  • [GNSQD]

What I am seeing from time to time is people saying they don't like the sound of it, so they're not going to try it. I would highly encourage everyone to try out the True Vision Test and provide additional feedback once the feature has been played so that I can provide balanced feedback to the development team on whether the test was enjoyed by our players or not. Give it a go, all constructive feedback is highly welcomed and appreciated.

i would love toooooo,but I'm already boycotting the game while three man platoons are a thing. If i want to be anti social i would play on my computer account. As most of the friends on my list has already agreed they will be doing the same. Sorry little buddy

FlukierKey L636-x #79 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26128 battles
  • [JUL3S]

:great:

Dialga88-x #80 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:09 PM

Sergeant

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 3455 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostKoneko Da Best-x, on 15 September 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

If arty is capable of seeing tanks on the map with no spotter then that's a buff not debatable

Sort of but how often do you have to shotgun a tank? I suppose when you're reloading you can look around the battlefield in 3rd person. Even then theirs no outline.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users