Join us during the World of Tanks True Vision Test September 18th - 22nd

• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

Xx ChibiCatz xX-x #81 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:14 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21217 battles
  • [GATES]

What they should do is mark as on the pc the last time they located it, it is the only thing that would really help them if they had already seen the enemy, if not, then really the role of the allied light tank to detect the enemy is bad. I think they should understand what it is to play as a team. And if WG starts to help the novices, affects the experienced ones and especially all the tier tanks the impact is unimaginable.

Also what they should do is improve the tutorial (show videos or carry out simulations such as scaramuza, etc) to the novices and thus they would not be so novices a clear example is that if you eliminate the enemy light tank or eliminate the enemy light attack or the allies lose vision on the battlefield and you have the problem "almost" solved of ghost tanks. Either that or that WG will work on player matchmaking where the ranks are not that high, I am not talking about tank level but about games played and win8.

Uv LIGHTz-x #82 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21240 battles
  • [-L7-]

View Postl FearMySkill l-x, on 15 September 2020 - 02:51 PM, said:

You really don't have any idea of how the game works right?

Like you legitimately don't play your own game for anything, completely delusional, we already kinda knew you don't know anything about the game with the priority you put into useless changes, and the complete mess in your attempts to create new maps, but this confirms it.

By this you're making camo, blindfires and light tanks completely useless, tanks like TDs and lights that rely on this mechanic to outplay enemies now are basically gone.

By this you're reducing the skill gap of the game, situational awareness and predicting enemy moves is what makes you a good player, shooting and angling is the easiest and most irrelevant part of the game, by doing this you're reducing all strategic aspects of the game, you really don't understand how big some tanks are right? If I'm playing malinovka encounter I could literally see everyone in their team by second zero, crossing that gap would be impossible with 15 tanks aiming at you, rotations aren't doable anymore, congratulations you're just about to break the whole game idea and the whole gameplay, honestly just fire MaxChaos before he singlehandedly ends the game.

In a side obvious note of why this won't work, imagine I'm in a platoon with artillery, or even worse in a team training tournament, me as a heavy tank or any other class I'm able to see an enemy at 400 meters peeking right? So, I can literally "blindfire" him with HE for 100-200 damage everytime he peeks and spotting him for 2 seconds for my artillery to shot him and get free information. I don't know who came out with this idea but honestly has no idea of the game or how the game skill works.

Posted Image
Image Link

Edit: typo

Agreed literally flipping the game upside down, anything with no armor literally becomes useless. Swedish tds gone out the window now.

Dialga88-x #83 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:15 PM

Sergeant

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 3455 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View Postl FearMySkill l-x, on 15 September 2020 - 02:51 PM, said:

You really don't have any idea of how the game works right?

Like you legitimately don't play your own game for anything, completely delusional, we already kinda knew you don't know anything about the game with the priority you put into useless changes, and the complete mess in your attempts to create new maps, but this confirms it.

By this you're making camo, blindfires and light tanks completely useless, tanks like TDs and lights that rely on this mechanic to outplay enemies now are basically gone.

By this you're reducing the skill gap of the game, situational awareness and predicting enemy moves is what makes you a good player, shooting and angling is the easiest and most irrelevant part of the game, by doing this you're reducing all strategic aspects of the game, you really don't understand how big some tanks are right? If I'm playing malinovka encounter I could literally see everyone in their team by second zero, crossing that gap would be impossible with 15 tanks aiming at you, rotations aren't doable anymore, congratulations you're just about to break the whole game idea and the whole gameplay, honestly just fire MaxChaos before he singlehandedly ends the game.

In a side obvious note of why this won't work, imagine I'm in a platoon with artillery, or even worse in a team training tournament, me as a heavy tank or any other class I'm able to see an enemy at 400 meters peeking right? So, I can literally "blindfire" him with HE for 100-200 damage everytime he peeks and spotting him for 2 seconds for my artillery to shot him and get free information. I don't know who came out with this idea but honestly has no idea of the game or how the game skill works.

Posted Image
Image Link

Edit: typo

You do realize that Minto is only the Community Liaison right? Calm down, it's just a game. Also WG do play the game. The people who make the decisions, you barely see in the limelight then the people in the lower end of the spectrum, get all the blame. It's not their fault.

Secondly it's just a Test. It probably won't even make it into the game (then again, it might). 

For the Record, I don't like this Test either but i will participate to give my viewers a glimpse into what it is like so they don't have to. :)

Kaptain Proton-x #84 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49723 battles
  • [47R]

Nothing that WG does is going to make everyone happy.  They just need to make most of the people happy and want to play and make it a fun game for new players to play.  

In addition to this test they should post some sort of survey after it.  

For me I will try it but I don’t like the idea of it.  I am relatively good at this game now.  Now it seems like I need to figure out how to play this game again.  I’m old and don’t like change.  

Vampire_Izumi-p #85 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32367 battles
  • [VMPIR]
i feel like this will hurt TDS who are heavily reliant on their concealment a lot.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence: Tier V > Tier X in that order. 5678910

UnitedCombat645-x #86 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26806 battles

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 15 September 2020 - 09:35 AM, said:

3rd person is useful right in front of you and only as far as you can see from behind your tank. Shot gun style! likely spotted any way and so no, not an issue. God mode where you can hear trees and fences breaking and look down will not reveal tanks that are not detected.  READ!

Have you ever played a tank with a howitzer at all? The third person reticle follows your shell arc, compensating for the rise and fall of terrain along the said shell arc. The higher the arc, the more obstacles you can shoot over. The procedure is simple- pull up near a ridge where you can’t be hit but are still able to use the camera to view over the ridge, find a target that is now constantly rendered in third person, then estimate where they are in arty view, and fire. It’s nearly identical to watching objects get ran over and guessing where to shoot, except now it’s easier. But you sit there with your caps lock on telling me to read when you should learn. 

SteampunkPagan-x #87 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 99884 battles
  • [HDC-R]

From my Twitter post:

Based purely on the description this does not sound good at all. Especially being disabled & relying on auto aim as I do. "When seeing the enemies with your naked eye, you won't have any of the normal vision/aiming assistance such as; tank outlines, ability to lock on or use radial commands, HUD elements, etc." That said it IS a test & I look forward to that. Testing new stuff is a good thing IMO.

https://twitter.com/...5073090561?s=20

Thanks,

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

https://www.twitch.tv/SteampunkPagan

Xenith_Inc-p #88 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 7907 battles
Will the camo net actually do something visibly/physically now?

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

Warthog II-x #89 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 47486 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostVampire_Izumi-p, on 15 September 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

i feel like this will hurt TDS who are heavily reliant on their concealment a lot.

anything balanced around it having camo is hit with a nerf hammer

It changes the balance of maps too.

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of bad advice from players who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.

SprungNickel427-x #90 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38971 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostUnitedCombat645-x, on 15 September 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

I’ve played WT a bit and came to a conclusion where you need to be hyper alert, but you need a really good monitor in order to maximize your ability to see and pick out targets. 

Basically think if you’re running in 720p (or 1080) and you have to fight someone at a distance with a 4K screen, you’re already at a disadvantage. This really doesn’t belong here, realism was given up long ago, now this may likely make some premiums irrelevant and disadvantageous to play. 

well I play 4K TV 65" OLED fed at 1440p 120hz, on a game locked at 30fps. PC Master race is wrecking crossplay on console in many games. This won't happen here yet... but it sure is a thing when console and PC are trying to blend the lines more and more. 

AnonymousHobo69-x #91 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43900 battles
  • [-H8-]

Looks like trash, guess I have another reason not to play WOT this weekend :facepalm:

This test looks like it caters to lower-skill players who don't want to bother learning camo mechanics and playing well and instead would rather just sit on the tapeline and fud out. The overwhelming majority of players will tell you that they'd rather have +1/-1 mm or 3 man platoons, or actual tank balance changes, Certainly not this.

Edited by AnonymousHobo69-x, 15 September 2020 - 03:42 PM.

I have ascended.

xxBattleroyAL-x #92 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19143 battles
  • [-1]
You think camping is bad now, it’s gonna get a lot worse.

PLR65-x #93 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40312 battles

View PostDialga88-x, on 15 September 2020 - 03:15 PM, said:

You do realize that Minto is only the Community Liaison right? Calm down, it's just a game. Also WG do play the game. The people who make the decisions, you barely see in the limelight then the people in the lower end of the spectrum, get all the blame. It's not their fault.

Secondly it's just a Test. It probably won't even make it into the game (then again, it might). 

For the Record, I don't like this Test either but i will participate to give my viewers a glimpse into what it is like so they don't have to. :)

I don’t know about that

max closed down a post this morning with “we know what we’re doing”!

I’m really not sure they do know what their doing

It feels like they are being swayed by complaints about guys getting shot and not knowing how that could have happened when they can’t see the shooter

It is true (if you can remember when you started or if you take out a completely new crew) that it can be difficult to understand why your getting out spotted and consequently taking hits

Just give everyone sixth sense all the time so they know they are spotted

SprungNickel427-x #94 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38971 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostUnitedCombat645-x, on 15 September 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

Have you ever played a tank with a howitzer at all? The third person reticle follows your shell arc, compensating for the rise and fall of terrain along the said shell arc. The higher the arc, the more obstacles you can shoot over. The procedure is simple- pull up near a ridge where you can’t be hit but are still able to use the camera to view over the ridge, find a target that is now constantly rendered in third person, then estimate where they are in arty view, and fire. It’s nearly identical to watching objects get ran over and guessing where to shoot, except now it’s easier. But you sit there with your caps lock on telling me to read when you should learn. 

I just got my Sr Technical Engineer and have played every tech tree tank in the game. I get what you're saying, back the camera up to maximize height viewing over a ridge etc... Like peeking a corner with over rotated camera angle. I hear you and we don't know how that will work. I three marked the IKV 105 using the derp Arc method on a ridge. I know the deal. Low odds idea that is. 

SprungNickel427-x #95 Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38971 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostPLR65-x, on 15 September 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

I don’t know about that

max closed down a post this morning with “we know what we’re doing”!

I’m really not sure they do know what their doing

It feels like they are being swayed by complaints about guys getting shot and not knowing how that could have happened when they can’t see the shooter

It is true (if you can remember when you started or if you take out a completely new crew) that it can be difficult to understand why your getting out spotted and consequently taking hits

Just give everyone sixth sense all the time so they know they are spotted

If they do know what they're doing, I hope there's more to the story than the glimpse they show. Strange Marketing of an idea. Mushroom technique, Throw S... at them and keep em in the dark! 

SteampunkPagan-x #96 Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 99884 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostxxBattleroyAL-x, on 15 September 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

You think camping is bad now, it’s gonna get a lot worse.

Funny I just talked about that here & agree but again that is only based on how this has been described/presented to us. I look forward to testing this out so I can give feedback.

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

https://www.twitch.tv/SteampunkPagan

UnitedCombat645-x #97 Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26806 battles

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 15 September 2020 - 10:48 AM, said:

I just got my Sr Technical Engineer and have played every tech tree tank in the game. I get what you're saying, back the camera up to maximize height viewing over a ridge etc... Like peeking a corner with over rotated camera angle. I hear you and we don't know how that will work. I three marked the IKV 105 using the derp Arc method on a ridge. I know the deal. Low odds idea that is. 

As low of a chance this will happen regularly, it’s still a problem. Although it’s just added to the pile of little gripes, trying to bring more realism into a game that abandoned that idea long ago is perplexing to say the least. I just feel like it’s opening another skill gap and will break the flow of gameplay much like the old WT-E100. Overpowered one minute then irrelevant the next. 

Although as it stands, tank camouflage with this system is the biggest sticking point, IMO. 

Xenith_Inc-p #98 Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 7907 battles

Block Quote

Over the years, from new players and experienced players alike, there have always been complaints and confusion surrounding invisible tanks and how detection/the Vision System works

Emphasis mine.

My gut feeling is that explaining this better somewhere in-game or online would be a whole lot easier and less disruptive than changing it entirely. Have you tried that?

orks.

From here:

https://console.worl...6fnrrvxgsZRO0gY

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

AnonymousHobo69-x #99 Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43900 battles
  • [-H8-]

View PostXenith_Inc-p, on 15 September 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

Emphasis mine.

My gut feeling is that explaining this better somewhere in-game or online would be a whole lot easier and less disruptive than changing it entirely. Have you tried that?

orks.

From here:

https://console.worl...6fnrrvxgsZRO0gY

Vision is not at all hard to understand. View ports are just a common sense sort of thing, it'd be silly if you could spot with your gun. Camo and view range is just basic math. I don't get how so many people are so bad at this game, I don't think I've ever been a part of a playerbase that is so clueless to the basic game mechanics.

I have ascended.

Vampire_Izumi-p #100 Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32367 battles
  • [VMPIR]

if implemented well, i think it will be pretty neat.

but it makes a lot of tanks useless, anything that uses concealment as armor is now useless, even behind bushes, these tanks will be useless.

if you have decent eyes, you should be able to see tanks in bushes or behind bushes rather easily.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence: Tier V > Tier X in that order. 5678910

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users