Jump to content


Always spotted vision test


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

John-berg1995-p #1 Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:08 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 13463 battles
  • 3,681
  • [CIA]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015
Am I the only one who can see just how completely over powered this is going to be for a certain scumbag class , they can already hit you anywhere on the map now they can see you anywhere on the map and hit you anywhere on the map , NICE MEME

XxDark90SirenxX-x #2 Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:11 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 471 battles
  • 89
  • [BUNNY]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013
You arent but too many won't see how bad it is till its too late. Many here only learn the hardway. The only saving grace is its temporary for now. But people here should be alot more worried about wg using us as guinea pigs for their ideas these past few months. That rarely ends well in gaming

Vampire_Izumi-p #3 Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:13 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32367 battles
  • 6,070
  • [VMPIR]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015
artillery in sky view will have no change.

      A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence: Tier V > Tier X in that order. 5678910


dtproof151-x #4 Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:15 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22272 battles
  • 1,131
  • [TACO]
  • Member since:
    02-05-2014
Arty can only see spotted tanks in god mode. Although some exploits are possible if platooning. More scumbaggery afoot.

Edited by dtproof151-x, 15 September 2020 - 11:16 PM.

 Don't worry, dear Pamela, I'll do my scientific best to command your fleet...


deadmeat1027-x #5 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:07 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 19475 battles
  • 815
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

True vision+lemming trains I already played that game

 

 


 

 

Tank beats Ghost ... Tank beats Hunter ... Tank beats everything!


DrHorrible4Life-x #6 Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:48 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16364 battles
  • 6,079
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

View Postdtproof151-x, on 15 September 2020 - 11:15 PM, said:

Arty can only see spotted tanks in god mode. Although some exploits are possible if platooning. More scumbaggery afoot.

 

If arty hits someone who isn't detected based on verbal instructions from their platoon, WELL PLAYED.

sumplkrum-x #7 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:07 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12812 battles
  • 2,184
  • Member since:
    02-27-2014

The problem that immediately comes to my mind is that there's no mention of adding more foliage. Most maps are pretty barren by default.

So if we're saying spotting is now by eyeballs, we already have minimum stuff to hide behind even compared to pc.



deadmeat1027-x #8 Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:16 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 19475 battles
  • 815
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostDrHorrible4Life-x, on 16 September 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

 

If arty hits someone who isn't detected based on verbal instructions from their platoon, WELL PLAYED.

 

That actually sound more accurate to the way artillery really works. Spotters find the target, call for artillery fire, and call out corrections to the shots as they fall.

 

 

Tank beats Ghost ... Tank beats Hunter ... Tank beats everything!


haydonut421-x #9 Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:34 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16305 battles
  • 840
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View Postdeadmeat1027-x, on 16 September 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

 

That actually sound more accurate to the way artillery really works. Spotters find the target, call for artillery fire, and call out corrections to the shots as they fall.

Yeah facts.



DrHorrible4Life-x #10 Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:26 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16364 battles
  • 6,079
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

View Postdeadmeat1027-x, on 16 September 2020 - 10:16 PM, said:

 

That actually sound more accurate to the way artillery really works. Spotters find the target, call for artillery fire, and call out corrections to the shots as they fall.

 

You mean they didn't just switch their on-board camera feed freely between the orbital satellite and the drone camera?  

dtproof151-x #11 Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:32 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22272 battles
  • 1,131
  • [TACO]
  • Member since:
    02-05-2014

View PostDrHorrible4Life-x, on 16 September 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

 

You mean they didn't just switch their on-board camera feed freely between the orbital satellite and the drone camera?  

 

Or your platoon mate streams his game...

 

I even have friends who like to play under the same roof. Although that was pre suck-all-the-fun-out-of-life virus.


 Don't worry, dear Pamela, I'll do my scientific best to command your fleet...


DrHorrible4Life-x #12 Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:42 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16364 battles
  • 6,079
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

View Postdtproof151-x, on 17 September 2020 - 12:32 AM, said:

 

Or your platoon mate streams his game...

 

I even have friends who like to play under the same roof. Although that was pre suck-all-the-fun-out-of-life virus.

 

Your friends prone to trying to use high-tech cheating in a game with nothing riding on it?  I'm not bothered by the idea.  If your friend in the arty isn't relocating between shots (that usually miss) because he is watching twitch, then he'll be dead soon enough.  And with games lasting 3 minutes, your friends are going to a lot of effort for what amounts to wet fart impact.

dtproof151-x #13 Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:55 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22272 battles
  • 1,131
  • [TACO]
  • Member since:
    02-05-2014

View PostDrHorrible4Life-x, on 16 September 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

 

Your friends prone to trying to use high-tech cheating in a game with nothing riding on it?  I'm not bothered by the idea.  If your friend in the arty isn't relocating between shots (that usually miss) because he is watching twitch, then he'll be dead soon enough.  And with games lasting 3 minutes, your friends are going to a lot of effort for what amounts to wet fart impact.

 

1. Streaming is hardly high tech

2. Most people do this kind of stuff for s&g, so I'm not bothered by wannabe cheaters either

3. If arty survives the 1st minute hailstorm, then they are at the back the map unspotted so not really hard to go forward/aft for 3 sec between shots to avoid the usual counterbattery

4. Friends don't let friends play arty

5. My post was not meant to be serious to begin with, just highlighting a possible loophole

6. Did I say i hate arty...

7. Have a nice day


 Don't worry, dear Pamela, I'll do my scientific best to command your fleet...





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users