WG this is more than a Poll, it’s a Petition

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Poll: List of Player Desires (168 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

+1/-1 Permanently Added

1. Yes (119 votes [70.83%])

Percentage of vote: 70.83%

2. No (49 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

Platoons

1. 3 Player (99 votes [58.93%])

Percentage of vote: 58.93%

2. 4 Player (17 votes [10.12%])

Percentage of vote: 10.12%

3. 5 Player (52 votes [30.95%])

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

Change Premium Rounds

1. Gold Only (8 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

2. Silver or Gold (144 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

3. Remove Premium Rounds (16 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Matchmaker

1. Keep as is (87 votes [51.79%])

Percentage of vote: 51.79%

2. Remove boost/nerf mechanic (34 votes [20.24%])

Percentage of vote: 20.24%

3. Random w/ tier weight only (47 votes [27.98%])

Percentage of vote: 27.98%

Crossplay

1. Keep as is (113 votes [67.26%])

Percentage of vote: 67.26%

2. Remove PS boost (16 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

3. Fix lag issue between consoles (39 votes [23.21%])

Percentage of vote: 23.21%

Events & Seasons

1. Keep as is (75 votes [44.64%])

Percentage of vote: 44.64%

2. Let player base vote on premise (93 votes [55.36%])

Percentage of vote: 55.36%

Power Creep on Older Tanks

1. Keep as is (26 votes [15.48%])

Percentage of vote: 15.48%

2. Upgrade Older Tanks (142 votes [84.52%])

Percentage of vote: 84.52%

3. Remove Older Tanks (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

HeXXeN-x #1 Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9142 battles

I know WG doesn’t even acknowledge the existence of console player concerns, complaints, wants or desires. We don’t exist past getting our money. We are red headed step children and we know it. 

With that said. The +1/-1 week and upcoming 3 player platoon test has given me a glimmer of, date I say it, HOPE.

Lets let them know ONE MORE TIME what we think.

Pardon My Stats.... I'm Still Grinding

Gallant Prime-x #2 Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:14 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 50767 battles
  • [47R]

The tinfoils are marching!  :izmena:

:popcorn:

stadt-kind-p #3 Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:55 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36148 battles
You're missing too many options as this poll can be taken serious. What about
- 2 player platoons,
- silver only premium rounds,
- change premium rounds to less damage and higher pen but same costs as normal rounds
- matchmaker with tank class balance
- matchmaker with tank class AND tier balance
-
- matchmaker with tank class restrictions regarding maximum amount of per team
- what is boost/nerf mechanic?
- your PS boost removal request without giving a XBOX boost removal option shows how "serious and unpejudiced" this poll is,
- Power creep on older tanks by nerfing newer tanks
- etc.

to just name a few.

Gesendet von meinem Rechenschieber.

RUNNINGDUDE1-x #4 Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:26 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26097 battles
Oh god...

HeXXeN-x #5 Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9142 battles

View Poststadt-kind-p, on 15 September 2020 - 09:55 PM, said:

You're missing too many options as this poll can be taken serious. What about
- 2 player platoons,
- silver only premium rounds,
- change premium rounds to less damage and higher pen but same costs as normal rounds
- matchmaker with tank class balance
- matchmaker with tank class AND tier balance
-
- matchmaker with tank class restrictions regarding maximum amount of per team
- what is boost/nerf mechanic?
- your PS boost removal request without giving a XBOX boost removal option shows how "serious and unpejudiced" this poll is,
- Power creep on older tanks by nerfing newer tanks
- etc.

to just name a few.

2 player platoons would be included in 3-5 player platoons - Seriously?

Silver is included in Gold/Silver - We got a genius here...

Premium round w/ less pen/dmg would be regular rounds - Oh boy....

Class balance works, only broken by platoons - Do you even play?

MM w/ max amount of a class per team is Class Balance - OMG

MM boosts/nerfs the teams due to player skill imbalance - again OMG

PS accounts currently are boosted +15% over Xbox. Why? Sony insisted.

Xbox are currently not boosted. Crossplay is uneven due to boost and lag

issues. Not to mention 5.0 is/was based on PS platform. Did ya notice how 

the gameplay speed up and the menu went over to the PS OS? And yes

I have both.

Power creep cannot be adjusted easily by nerfing new tanks. Why? Too many new mechanics have been introduced and implemented . The need is to adjust old tanks to relevant levels, this is  best way to balance the old guard.

So, name a few more. But please... think harder this time.

atwilliams07-p #6 Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37795 battles

View PostHeXXeN-x, on 16 September 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

I have both.

Power creep cannot be adjusted easily by nerfing new tanks. Why? Too many new mechanics have been introduced and implemented . The need is to adjust old tanks to relevant levels, this is  best way to balance the old guard.

This is news to me.  What exactly is boosted by 15% for PS players?  ... and where did you get this information from?

FusionStar287-x #7 Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:38 AM

Major

• 22024 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostHeXXeN-x, on 15 September 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

I have both.

He's saying that those should be added as options to the poll for each question, so there would be an option for a maximum of 2 players per platoon, an option for premium rounds to only be available for silver, etc.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

BrogueOne-p #8 Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:42 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 25062 battles
  • [AP-EX]
I’m not a “yes” or “no” for +1/-1; I’m a definite “whatevs, I’ll still play” about it.  Ambivalence needs to be an option for every poll question if you want accurate results.

HeXXeN-x #9 Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9142 battles

My thoughts on premium rounds.

Obviously put in to raise revenue. But... 99.9% of us wouldn’t and still won’t pay $0.25-$0.75 per shot. So they added the silver option instead of just removing it. A quick fix brought up during beta and implemented in the first few months of the game (PC). Since we got a bastardized copy of the PC game we inherited this gold/silver premium round buying structure.

I personally would like to see the premium rounds go away. I see no need for a “god” round. It simply breaks the armor mechanic that WG has worked so hard on. This won’t happen for two main reasons. First, too many people accidentally forget to switch it. WG probably sees good revenue from this, hence why there is a “no refund” policy written in exactly this occurrence. Second, too many of the “good/great” player rely on these rounds for their stats. My opinion on this is they would just have to work a touch harder. They’ll still be “good/great” players since all of us would be in the same boat.

There should be no magical rounds that allows bypassing the armor mechanic. Since this is a video game I can see putting this back to real money. This is a worse case for me, but hey I barely use them now lol.

Thoughts?

FusionStar287-x #10 Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:49 AM

Major

• 22024 battles
  • [JOCO]

As for my answers to the poll:

• I much prefer +2/-2 MM and would rather it remain the standard, but I don't mind the occasional +1/-1 event.
  • I'd say keep the maximum platoon size at five. I enjoy having that option to run platoons with four other friends.
  • Premium shells could still be purchasable for silver or gold, but at the very least they should have their default option set to credits. Ideally they shouldn't be directly purchasable for gold at all, though.
  • For the MM I voted "Keep as is", but mostly because I don't really understand the other options. To enter my own, MM should be changed so that platoons should always be the same tier and within one tank of the other team's platoons (so a four man tier IX platoon would only ever be matched against an enemy three, four, or five man tier IX platoon).
  • I feel that crossplay is fine and should be left as it is, although it would be nice if we were given some method of messaging players on the other platform in game.
  • For events I'm kind of in the middle of the two listed options. I wouldn't be against allowing the playerbase being given the chance to vote on the next event out of a limited selection, but I also don't mind WG planning the next events either (even though I'm not a fan of this WWE event). 
  • And as far as power creep goes older tanks should be buffed to be competitive when underpowered.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

FusionStar287-x #11 Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:55 AM

Major

• 22024 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostHeXXeN-x, on 15 September 2020 - 11:46 PM, said:

My thoughts on premium rounds.

Obviously put in to raise revenue. But... 99.9% of us wouldn’t and still won’t pay $0.25-$0.75 per shot. So they added the silver option instead of just removing it. A quick fix brought up during beta and implemented in the first few months of the game (PC). Since we got a bastardized copy of the PC game we inherited this gold/silver premium round buying structure.

I personally would like to see the premium rounds go away. I see no need for a “god” round. It simply breaks the armor mechanic that WG has worked so hard on. This won’t happen for two main reasons. First, too many people accidentally forget to switch it. WG probably sees good revenue from this, hence why there is a “no refund” policy written in exactly this occurrence. Second, too many of the “good/great” player rely on these rounds for their stats. My opinion on this is they would just have to work a touch harder. They’ll still be “good/great” players since all of us would be in the same boat.

There should be no magical rounds that allows bypassing the armor mechanic. Since this is a video game I can see putting this back to real money. This is a worse case for me, but hey I barely use them now lol.

Thoughts?

I generally like the implementation of premium shells personally, but at the same time they could be improved. I've always liked the idea of giving most tanks' premium shells slightly less alpha damage than their standard shells (along with slightly lowering their cost), as that would create a dynamic where you would have to choose between having higher pen or higher damage (similar to tanks like the FV4202). 

HeXXeN-x #12 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:13 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9142 battles

My thoughts on +1/-1

It’s  simply this:

No tank/TD can take on anything 2 tiers higher. Much less being put against 5-10 of them. 

There are a couple exceptions, these however PROVE THE RULE.

Examples of 2 tier failures:

KV1 vs KV3

T-34 vs A-44

Tiger I vs E75

T1 vs T29

Easy 8 vs Pershing

Churchill I vs Black Prince

PZ III/IV vs VK 30.02D

Type 58 vs T-34-2

IS2 vs WZ-111-4

CHI-TO vs STA-1

OI exp vs O-NI

LEO vs Emil II

LEO vs UDES 16

25TP vs 45TP

P43 BIS vs Standard B

Please tell me in what universe any of those tanks have any hope of beating their counterpart? And post what tanks can evenly match or even have a chance against any tank 2 tier higher “equal” in class?

No? Point made?

HeXXeN-x #13 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:24 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9142 battles

View PostFusionStar287-x, on 15 September 2020 - 10:49 PM, said:

As for my answers to the poll:

• I much prefer +2/-2 MM and would rather it remain the standard, but I don't mind the occasional +1/-1 event.
  • I'd say keep the maximum platoon size at five. I enjoy having that option to run platoons with four other friends.
  • Premium shells could still be purchasable for silver or gold, but at the very least they should have their default option set to credits. Ideally they shouldn't be directly purchasable for gold at all, though.
  • For the MM I voted "Keep as is", but mostly because I don't really understand the other options. To enter my own, MM should be changed so that platoons should always be the same tier and within one tank of the other team's platoons (so a four man tier IX platoon would only ever be matched against an enemy three, four, or five man tier IX platoon).
  • I feel that crossplay is fine and should be left as it is, although it would be nice if we were given some method of messaging players on the other platform in game.
  • For events I'm kind of in the middle of the two listed options. I wouldn't be against allowing the playerbase being given the chance to vote on the next event out of a limited selection, but I also don't mind WG planning the next events either (even though I'm not a fan of this WWE event). 
  • And as far as power creep goes older tanks should be buffed to be competitive when underpowered.

Ok... 

Please explain why you “like” the +2/-2 MM. I just posted above. Feel free to comment.

You know damn well what boost/nerf mechanic MM uses, funny you deny it here lol.

The complaint is that the 5 player platoon breaks class limits. What about that?

I won’t you ask about premium rounds, I already know why lol.

So platoons should abide by +1/-1 but not the whole player base. Interesting. MM is the most broken thing in this game and you want to keep it as is, EXCEPT PLATOONS SHOULD BE RESTRICTED TO +1/-1 WITH NO CLASS RESTRICTIONS. Seriously?

CatSnipah-x #14 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31760 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1-x, on 16 September 2020 - 04:26 AM, said:

Oh god...

yep

Brute Bassie-x #15 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:38 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32056 battles
What are the "PS boost" and "MM boost/nerf mechanic" OP is talking about? I'm in the dark here...

Will-E-WangStar-p #16 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38601 battles
  • [XRM]

Hahaha what a big brain poll this is.....

geuss op doesnt understand how the game works

Formally known as: BoereJack

My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA

3 MARKED TANKS:

SNAKEBITE, T21, SP1C, LYCAN, T-54 LWT, T-54

FusionStar287-x #17 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:25 AM

Major

• 22024 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostHeXXeN-x, on 16 September 2020 - 12:24 AM, said:

Ok... 

Please explain why you “like” the +2/-2 MM. I just posted above. Feel free to comment.

You know damn well what boost/nerf mechanic MM uses, funny you deny it here lol.

The complaint is that the 5 player platoon breaks class limits. What about that?

I won’t you ask about premium rounds, I already know why lol.

So platoons should abide by +1/-1 but not the whole player base. Interesting. MM is the most broken thing in this game and you want to keep it as is, EXCEPT PLATOONS SHOULD BE RESTRICTED TO +1/-1 WITH NO CLASS RESTRICTIONS. Seriously?

Starting with +2/-2 MM, I mostly prefer it due to the added variety and challenge it brings to the game. The variety part of that argument comes down to the fact that you're removing a full tier from every match and a maximum of two tiers from every tank's MM, but the challenge part takes a bit more explaining. Obviously a Tiger 1 isn't a match for an E75 in a head to head fight, but that's why you don't fight tanks that are two tiers higher than your own in a head to head engagement. Instead being two tiers down allows you to work with and/or use your team to get the upper hand on enemies that your tank normally isn't a direct match for, and in general this sort of challenge both takes the pressure off of you for carrying games and at the same time can give you many very satisfying results where you "beat the odds" per say. And on the other side when you are top tier you're frequently having to make decisions on who to target in engagements, as you could focus on equal tier tanks and risk losing a bunch of health to the bottom tier tanks you're ignoring or you could focus on removing those bottom tier tanks at the risk of giving the equal tier reds too much leeway and losing the fight because of that. Those dynamics do still exist in +1/-1 MM, but to a much smaller degree, and as such I just don't enjoy +1/-1 MM as much.

I feel that the complaint that "five-man platoons breaks the class limits" was largely resolved through preventing four and five player arty platoons. You could argue that lights should see this limit as well, but personally I don't feel the class is different enough to warrant being limited like arty is. Of course, there's no denying that smaller platoons would technically be more balanced, but in this regard I feel that the slightly better balance of reducing platoon sizes wouldn't be worth the loss of fun from being able to play with four different friends at once (after all, at that point why stop at three man platoons? Technically speaking no platoons at all would be the most balanced solution, and I know that wouldn't be a popular change). 

I honestly don't know what you mean by a "boost/nerf MM mechanic". If you mean that MM will "rig" the game for/against players based on their skill I can say that simply isn't the case, but if it means something else I just don't know what that is.

And lastly I didn't say that platoons should abide by +1/-1 MM. I was stating that platoons should be balanced against platoons of their own tier, as that would both prevent lopsided platoons where one team have five top tiers working together against another platoon of bottom tier tanks and would help alleviate the issues with MM giving one team notably more top/bottom tier tanks. 

f1mitku-p #18 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56078 battles

1. +1/-1 MM should be permanent.

2. Voted for 3 players platoon limit just because there is no other better opinions - the poll is broken and skewed. I’d vote for 0 players so - no platoons at all.

3. Voted for Silver or Gold premium rounds. But the default should be changed to silver and stop changing it back to steal gold on every update.

4. Voted for change the MM to weigh tank tiers just because as I have said already the poll is skewed and no better option. The MM must be changed to weight and balance tanks tiers and classes as a must... not only the tiers. But definitely not miss weighing the tiers at all as it’s currently.

6. Voted for the player base because the current events are just bad and blatant cash grab. But the poll again shows nothing itself and is very limited in opinions.

7. Power crept old tanks have to be buffed accordingly.

P.S. (Edit) Missed one

5. Crossplay should stay. I don’t know what are you talking about with these imaginary “boosts”.

Edited by f1mitku-p, 16 September 2020 - 07:07 AM.

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

HeXXeN-x #19 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9142 battles

Fusion,

Your argument for +2/-2 is “variety”? By that you mean (as you stated in better terms), allows the top tiers the CHOICE to farm the hit points and kills from low tiers or shoot at same tier opposition tanks. This “variety” also allows the low tiers to ineffectively support high tiers while getting farmed by opposition high tier opposing tanks. This “variety” allows for high tiers (especially tier 10) to compete in a completely balanced and fair environment while providing low tiers the challenge of being hit point piñatas and kill stats for the opposing high tier tanks. This set up is the most fun for every player in the match.

Seriously? That’s your whole argument?

+1/-1 would fix the platoon problem. No need to make platooning a whole complicated mechanic. Platoons pick +1/-1 off the host, game MM matches host off +1/-1. Easy cheesy.

FusionStar287-x #20 Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:02 AM

Major

• 22024 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostHeXXeN-x, on 16 September 2020 - 01:43 AM, said:

Fusion,

Your argument for +2/-2 is “variety”? By that you mean (as you stated in better terms), allows the top tiers the CHOICE to farm the hit points and kills from low tiers or shoot at same tier opposition tanks. This “variety” also allows the low tiers to ineffectively support high tiers while getting farmed by opposition high tier opposing tanks. This “variety” allows for high tiers (especially tier 10) to compete in a completely balanced and fair environment while providing low tiers the challenge of being hit point piñatas and kill stats for the opposing high tier tanks. This set up is the most fun for every player in the match.

Seriously? That’s your whole argument?

+1/-1 would fix the platoon problem. No need to make platooning a whole complicated mechanic. Platoons pick +1/-1 off the host, game MM matches host off +1/-1. Easy cheesy.

I split my argument into two points, variety and challenge. Variety only refers to the fact that there's a significantly smaller amount of matches that can be made for each tier and tank under +1/-1 MM, and as such the variety of tanks and tank combinations you can see is reduced substantially.

Most of what you're talking about here is in regards to the challenge part of my argument, and I disagree with your points. Being bottom tier doesn't make your support ineffective, nor does it just make you a piñata for the other team, and being top tier doesn't mean you get to just farm bottom tier tanks any time you encounter them.

And +1/-1 MM wouldn't/doesn't fix the platoon balance issue, as you can still have tier VIII platoons matched against tier VII or IX platoons of the same size. My suggestion really isn't complicated either; it's simply changing the matchmaker to ensure that platoons are always balanced against a platoon of the same tier and a similar, if not equal, size.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users