Vision test with spotting changes is the best WOT has ever been.

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

LeTank3r-p #161 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5869 battles

View PostPrinz_Butterbrot-p, on 19 October 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

Those who sit in slaughterhouses should not throw pigs.

Geez let this guy have his opinion. This whole" you can't have an opinion cause you drive tank xyz" is such [edited].

Dude, have you read his posts in this thread? He is criticizing people because they are voicing their negative opinions on true vision. 

And at this point it doesn't really matter how good or bad he does in any tanks. He sounds like an idiot. 

Desyatnik Pansy-x #162 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

View PostLeTank3r-p, on 19 October 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

And at this point it doesn't really matter how good or bad he does in any tanks. He sounds like an idiot. 

Seen him in game can confirm.

I am a PC Player who randomly posts on here sometimes. 

I also do mod stuff. You can see some of it here.

LeTank3r-p #163 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5869 battles

View PostPrinz_Butterbrot-p, on 19 October 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

So the T67 isn't a seal clubbing tank? And you too seem to like the V/IV quite a bit.

The point is not really so much of playing those certain tanks. He has made some bold assertions about his gameplay and how he's adapting with true vision. It's fine to have a positive opinion about it. But you should at least be able to back up what you're saying. I'm not on here bragging about how I do. I know I ain't good. True vision makes my experience even worse with getting taken out of the game more quickly. 

I know these guys to be good players and I have more trust with what they would say about the game. When someone else gets on here saying how good this mechanic is for the game, I'm going to call into question that whole stance. He thinks people shouldn't express a negative view on it. I don't see why he doesn't just ignore the thread if it bothers him so much. But evidently he enjoys trolling.

HerdOfDonkeys-x #164 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:25 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43137 battles
Add me to the list of TV haters.  It is a huge change to the game mechanics that no one was asking for.  The forumers have complained about many things - arty, RNG, too many light tanks per match, MM, buffs/nerfs, etc. I could go on.  I know there were some occasional complaints about spotting mechanics but compared to the aforementioned list spotting complaints were rather few.  So instead of addressing some of the real issues, WG goes and makes a radical change to how the game works.  In essence they broke something that was for the most part working.  Many tanks are now irrelevant.  How does this make sense?  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as for me I hope we never see TV again.  

isic-x #165 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25702 battles
  • [SHART]

View PostLeTank3r-p, on 19 October 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

Dude, have you read his posts in this thread? He is criticizing people because they are voicing their negative opinions on true vision. 

Clearly you haven't been reading my posts... I am not criticizing anyone for voicing their negative opinions about TV, I am criticizing them for thinking this community represents the majority of the player base and acting like entitled fools for posting threatening "remove this garbage or I'll leave" threads. I could care less if you like TV mode or not and I completely encourage a civil discussion about the differences. Unfortunately if you disagree with the vocal minority here, they make sure that civil discussion goes out the window and are the first to turn the discussion toxic and uncivilized, using tactics like with stat bashing and personal attacks. Then when your response is within' those same parameters or just as toxic as their initial jab, they all of a sudden turn into a victim.

Your last line just proves my point for me. So naturally I want to repay the favor with a similar insult on your intelligence, just as you have insulted me. Yet if I do, you will play the victim and claim I don't know what I am talking about and say "see, he goes straight to insults". Then you would pull up my stats so fast you would get a speeding ticket in a school zone, just to take a swipe at my skills and use that to further insult me. All with the goal to be so toxic and off topic that the original point gets lost so you and all the "cool kids" can sit back and laugh together. It's the "cool kid" blueprint to disagreements and I've been watching it unfold for 6 years now.

You can make fun of my stats, my intelligence or my preferences, but none of that will change, that this community is a vocal minority. I know you don't like that, but it's true.

isic-x #166 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25702 battles
  • [SHART]

View PostLeTank3r-p, on 19 October 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

The point is not really so much of playing those certain tanks. He has made some bold assertions about his gameplay and how he's adapting with true vision. It's fine to have a positive opinion about it. But you should at least be able to back up what you're saying. I'm not on here bragging about how I do. I know I ain't good. True vision makes my experience even worse with getting taken out of the game more quickly. 

I know these guys to be good players and I have more trust with what they would say about the game. When someone else gets on here saying how good this mechanic is for the game, I'm going to call into question that whole stance. He thinks people shouldn't express a negative view on it. I don't see why he doesn't just ignore the thread if it bothers him so much. But evidently he enjoys trolling.

You do realize what started this all right? You do realize Catsnip accused me of wanting to look like I was better player and he thinks that is why my opinion is what it is, right? Pretty much implying that I suck and like TV because I want to look better, not because I actually enjoy it. 

If I accused you of disliking TV mode just because you wanted to look like a better player and I had a lower wn8 than you, I'm sure you would point out that irony, right? That's all I did. Cat insulted my skills and my intentions... so I responded with the ironic fact that he has a lower wn8, yet he took an unprovoked swipe at my skills. I'm not on here bragging about how good I am, (cause I'm not good) I am simply defending myself from a personal attack... an ironic personal attack at that.

Prinz_Butterbrot-p #167 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6278 battles

View PostDesyatnik Pansy-x, on 19 October 2020 - 09:45 PM, said:

Oh god the PS4 Reroll is back.

Whatever.

Did you create this xbox wot account solely to shitpost people?

View PostLeTank3r-p, on 19 October 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

View PostLeTank3r-p, on 19 October 2020 - 10:21 PM, said:

I don't really care about whiners or whiners whining about whining. Just as he could have ignored the thread (although he should be allowed to state his opinion, shouldn't he?) they could have just let his post stay uncommented and moved on. And yes i'll admit that his post did come across a bit snarky.

I just pointed out a bit of the hypocrisy going on with all the stat shaming here. That's a common thing on this forum as can be seen from the clever reply i got from that guy above.

There is a habit of ganging up on people with unpopular opinions on this forum.

Desyatnik Pansy-x #168 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

View PostPrinz_Butterbrot-p, on 19 October 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

Whatever.

Did you create this xbox wot account solely to shitpost people?

Did you buy a new console just to reroll stats on a free to play game?

I am a PC Player who randomly posts on here sometimes. 

I also do mod stuff. You can see some of it here.

Prinz_Butterbrot-p #169 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:58 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6278 battles

View PostDesyatnik Pansy-x, on 19 October 2020 - 10:50 PM, said:

Did you buy a new console just to reroll stats on a free to play game?

No, sorry to disappoint you.

I recognize you dodged my question tho.

Edited by Prinz_Butterbrot-p, 19 October 2020 - 10:59 PM.

LeTank3r-p #170 Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5869 battles

View Postisic-x, on 19 October 2020 - 04:33 PM, said:

Clearly you haven't been reading my posts... I am not criticizing anyone for voicing their negative opinions about TV, I am criticizing them for thinking this community represents the majority of the player base and acting like entitled fools for posting threatening "remove this garbage or I'll leave" threads. I could care less if you like TV mode or not and I completely encourage a civil discussion about the differences. Unfortunately if you disagree with the vocal minority here, they make sure that civil discussion goes out the window and are the first to turn the discussion toxic and uncivilized, using tactics like with stat bashing and personal attacks. Then when your response is within' those same parameters or just as toxic as their initial jab, they all of a sudden turn into a victim.

Your last line just proves my point for me. So naturally I want to repay the favor with a similar insult on your intelligence, just as you have insulted me. Yet if I do, you will play the victim and claim I don't know what I am talking about and say "see, he goes straight to insults". Then you would pull up my stats so fast you would get a speeding ticket in a school zone, just to take a swipe at my skills and use that to further insult me. All with the goal to be so toxic and off topic that the original point gets lost so you and all the "cool kids" can sit back and laugh together. It's the "cool kid" blueprint to disagreements and I've been watching it unfold for 6 years now.

You can make fun of my stats, my intelligence or my preferences, but none of that will change, that this community is a vocal minority. I know you don't like that, but it's true.

I think we all can agree the forum does not represent the majority. They have a bigger following on twitter and facebook I think. But I think we can go by the posts here and see that the majority here at least do not favor true vision. I think there has also been a lot of criticism for it on those other platforms too though. 

WG always does what they want regardless of what people say. That is their reputation. 

I understand a game company cannot always go in the direction their players want them to. But they do need to take into consideration their veteran players who have put a lot of time and money into their game. 

The thing is true vision gives an advantage to good players. If they choose to play during the event, they'll make use of that no doubt. But when good players who can use something like this to their advantage say something isn't good for a game, isn't it worth listening? It shows they do care about the game and what direction it goes. 

I did look up your stats. You're better than me as far as causing damage and survival. 

I think you have sounded like an idiot the way you keep saying the same repetitive things over and over again. Making sure to point out how we're the vocal minority as though no one figured that out. And I think like you've been doing it on purpose to rub people the wrong way. And I also think you're getting it back in return from others. If I get on here and say something unreasonable, stupid, or arrogant, I would hope to think someone would call me out for it if I'm being so blind to it. I have shared gameplay on here that I thought was great. Others pointed out it was not so great. It didn't feel good in the moment, but I appreciate being told the truth. 

isic-x #171 Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25702 battles
  • [SHART]

View PostLeTank3r-p, on 19 October 2020 - 04:01 PM, said:

I think we all can agree the forum does not represent the majority. They have a bigger following on twitter and facebook I think. But I think we can go by the posts here and see that the majority here at least do not favor true vision. I think there has also been a lot of criticism for it on those other platforms too though. 

WG always does what they want regardless of what people say. That is their reputation. 

I understand a game company cannot always go in the direction their players want them to. But they do need to take into consideration their veteran players who have put a lot of time and money into their game. 

The thing is true vision gives an advantage to good players. If they choose to play during the event, they'll make use of that no doubt. But when good players who can use something like this to their advantage say something isn't good for a game, isn't it worth listening? It shows they do care about the game and what direction it goes. 

I did look up your stats. You better than me as far as causing damage and survival. 

I think you have sounded like an idiot the way you keep saying the same repetitive things over and over again. Making sure to point out how we're the vocal minority as though no one figured that out. And I think like you've been doing it on purpose to rub people the wrong way. And I also think you're getting it back in return from others. If I get on here and say something unreasonable, stupid, or arrogant, I would hope to think someone would call me out for it if I'm being so blind to it. I have shared gameplay on here that I thought was great. Others pointed out it was not so great. It didn't feel good in the moment, but I appreciate being told the truth. 

I can respect everything you said up until the last paragraph. That's where I respectfully disagree.

Most of what I have posted has been responses in my defense to multiple people. I don't doubt that it might sound redundant, but so are all the attacks on me as well as the countless and redundant threads bashing WG. I'm not defending myself or WG to rub people the wrong way, it's just I have multiple people coming at me here at all angles from multiple threads. So if there a couple attacks from one member, a couple more from a few more members, it's natural that my replies will add up and not all will be that polite... Heck I don't even replay to them all, could you imagine that! 

Also, I know the difference between brutal honesty and down right insults. Because of that I always try to respond appropriately. You throw an insult my way, expect a similar response, show a little respect, and you can expect a respectful response ;)

MagmaticGem-x #172 Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25610 battles
  • [13TH]

View PostLeTank3r-p, on 19 October 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

I did look up your stats. You're better than me as far as causing damage and survival. 

insults will lead nowhere good, will you all please be respectful to each other? If we, the community can't be respectful to each other, how do you expect the devs to respect our opinions?

NeonLeon4-x #173 Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:54 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19225 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostWHITE SHADOW WS-x, on 19 October 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

In some mathces I´ve seen, that Arties got sniped in the very first 5 Seconds of the match! Thats pretty unfair for them.. justice

Smell ya' later  - JaCrispy

dtproof151-x #174 Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23048 battles
  • [TACO]

Just a few hours remaining. More importantly, is it the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end?

Only thing this test has achieved is make people mad at each other. 

And now...

Don't worry, dear Pamela, I'll do my scientific best to command your fleet...

Ghoest9-p #175 Posted 20 October 2020 - 05:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20910 battles
I agree that someone getting shot  at the spawn would be lame.  They could just wait 45 seconds to tuen on true vision. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users