True Vision II - My Experience

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Pontiac Pat-x #1 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:03 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 28694 battles
  • [47R]

OK, so I have now played quite a bit with the updated True Vision.  My experience is that lights and TDs are both massively OP now.  The heavies and mediums are just meat to chew on.  I managed to get Ace Mastery in 4 tanks that had eluded me first time around.  The advantage is especially pronounced on Prokhorovka and similar open maps, but I did get one Ace on Abbey with a good position and serious bush camping.

Also, although it's not in these vids, I found that tanks with contrasting camo were definitely easier to spot.  Colors stick out like beacons when you're zoomed into sniper mode.

All in all, I really, really, really hope this is never brought into mainstream game play.  As I said after the first test, it is a fun alternate mode, but it is hopelessly broken as a general multiplayer feature.

Vids below:

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

dzhey43-x #2 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:19 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 39956 battles
  • [3EBC]
I hope they will drop this true vision. I do understand they spent time and resources, but dropping it now will save time and resources for usefull things, not this.
Spoiler

FluffyColt12271-x #3 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:30 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15552 battles
I followed your advice in the other thread and rolled out a couple of TDs to get them marked this morning. Like you I found them to be op. The mastery in the stug took one game, and in the elc took 3 games before I had the right non-city map with 15 reds.

I hope they don't implement this permanently. The game just isn't calibrated for it. A novel distraction perhaps but it doesn't work we all know that.

Tempest fox3-x #4 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:38 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23949 battles
  • [JOCO]
My experience has been, well. Playing other games instead. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

TimMac PA-x #5 Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59053 battles

I had the same experience with TD's, especially the Hellcat 105. 

Also the Snakebite...

I also had a lot of strange games, I ran the Matilda BP for 6 games and went 6-0. That means I survived until the 6th game! But I stayed out on the edge of the map. iirc half the games were Mali. 

Also strange, no one goes up the hill on HimD, Prok or Mali. Wierd, but that may be directly related to the lack of big slow tanks. And right now they are very rare. 

I have been through the beacon syndrome on both sides. The Bone Shaker and Rodger Dodger stick out like sore thumbs. I prefer the WWE tanks, they are for the most part concealable, Hot Wheels tanks are ugly and totally unrealistic to begin with, but no amount of camo seems to help in TV.

I've played 116 games since the start of TV, and while I have had some decent games, along with a couple of really good ones, (for me anyway), True Vision is crap. I have been through a whole bottle of Systane already!

dave mg 04-x #6 Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:13 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38353 battles

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 18 October 2020 - 08:38 AM, said:

My experience has been, well. Playing other games instead. 

same but don't think it was due to true vision.

yesterday i FORCED myself to play 6 games. all complete pathetic blowout losses that lasted about 2 mins per game...

so true vision certainly has had NO POSITIVE  effect on the game, it's still shyte ....

obviously the MATCHMAKER  would be a better place to start. how a game this old can have blowout after blowout game where one team easily steamrolls the other constantly is just beyond a joke.

but thats all wot is now just a pathetic joke.......

TimMac PA-x #7 Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59053 battles

View Postdave mg 04-x, on 18 October 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

same but don't think it was due to true vision.

yesterday i FORCED myself to play 6 games. all complete pathetic blowout losses that lasted about 2 mins per game...

so true vision certainly has had NO POSITIVE  effect on the game, it's still shyte ....

obviously the MATCHMAKER  would be a better place to start. how a game this old can have blowout after blowout game where one team easily steamrolls the other constantly is just beyond a joke.

but thats all wot is now just a pathetic joke.......

Yes, lots of blowouts. It appears the team that gets in position and fires off first is often times the winner.

But on the flip side, many games have been camp-fests. I haven't had any that ran out the clock, but there have been a few you could baste a turkey during.

UrticateArc6122-x #8 Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5322 battles

Haha, re. the Stug video - I love that position on Abbey encounter when the reds rush to cap first, true vision clearly just makes it even better - lambs to the slaughter. Those reds can't have known that they're 'always visible' at the moment.

Got my ace tanker in the Jagdpanzer IV this weekend, have played all TDs so far, the camo buffs are ridiculous. Two games in my T67, two highest damage hauls so far in the tank.

This test changes the fundamentals of the game so much, even more than the first test with the buffs to camo on TDs and lights and removal of maps, that I can't see how any valid data comes out of it. Especially as it's clear a significant proportion of the players don't seem to know it's happening and/or how it affects them.

"Sooner or later, all games become serious." - J.G. Ballard

SightlessRogue0-x #9 Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23769 battles

I used a Russian heavy a lot and unlike you I didn't see a big difference, sometimes I get a shot from a distance but it almost always bounces back because either at the end of the stroke or whoever threw it n was not precise enough to take advantage of weakspots. I think the success of TD is only down to the idiots who stand on the ridges trying to see a potential target ..... you know like cans on a fence.

For players who go into combat and who were already playing arti-safe and TD-safe before this test, no difference except that we no longer duel (normal, the second line remains on the base and seeks targets from the other side).

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

AleTieCan05-x #10 Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52284 battles
TV II is just a giant invisible campers party .... for the umpteenth time: either WG completely redesigns the game so that TV can work (redefine tanks, maps, skills, camouflage net, binoculars etc.) or it's just a giant pile of garbage, and should be treated as such....

NeonLeon4-x #11 Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19225 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostPontiac Pat-x, on 18 October 2020 - 03:03 AM, said:

All in all, I really, really, really hope this is never brought into mainstream game play.  As I said after the first test, it is a fun alternate mode, but it is hopelessly broken as a general multiplayer feature.

My opinion on this may be biased, because i've played almost exclusively light tanks this weekend since i'm working on a merc contract, but it does seem to give them quite an advantage. I've been having much better games than (my) normal and a lot of times driving like a complete idiot and getting away with it.

I have thought about making it a separate mode also, but feel like the queue would full of LTs and lacking HTs and fat TDs.

I don't want it to be a permanent feature either, but 2 tests so close together kinda feels like a hint that they're really trying to push it into being ready, idk.

Smell ya' later  - JaCrispy

NeonLeon4-x #12 Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19225 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostUrticateArc6122-x, on 18 October 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

I can't see how any valid data comes out of it.

I don't either; the TV mechanic, [rather large] buff to LT and TD camo values, limited map selection and +1/-1 MM all together

didn't we learn in like 2nd grade science class that when you're testing something you should only test ONE variable at a time??

Smell ya' later  - JaCrispy

pingwrx-p #13 Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28464 battles
  • [REDIT]
The camo on lights is just op as hell played 6 matchs in the Vanguard yesterday won 5 of them with 2k avg damage and 4.9k wn8.

CatSnipah-x #14 Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32196 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostPontiac Pat-x, on 18 October 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

OK, so I have now played quite a bit with the updated True Vision.  My experience is that lights and TDs are both massively OP now.  The heavies and mediums are just meat to chew on.  I managed to get Ace Mastery in 4 tanks that had eluded me first time around.  The advantage is especially pronounced on Prokhorovka and similar open maps, but I did get one Ace on Abbey with a good position and serious bush camping.

Also, although it's not in these vids, I found that tanks with contrasting camo were definitely easier to spot.  Colors stick out like beacons when you're zoomed into sniper mode.

Vids below:

What have you seen with respect to player population count?

I thought about logging on last night in prime time to compare, but just couldn’t be bothered. 

Pontiac Pat-x #15 Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:45 PM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 28694 battles
  • [47R]

View PostCatSnipah-x, on 18 October 2020 - 07:26 AM, said:

What have you seen with respect to player population count?

I thought about logging on last night in prime time to compare, but just couldn’t be bothered. 

I wasn't paying attention to that, but I always found a full 15 v15 match within a reasonable time.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Brass Drag0n-x #16 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 37499 battles

The game has turned into World of Lights for me - I'm regularly seeing 5 lights per team now.

TV2 has clearly shifted the game massively in their favour if that many players are suddenly choosing a class that is normally lucky to see two scouts per team. 

TV2 also gives autoloaders a big advantage as they can erase tank after tank at range while sitting completely hidden during their lengthy reloads.

MoE: M4A3E2 (2), Firefly (2), Churchill III (2), KV-5 (2), Pz V/M10​ (2), Tiger 1​ (3)

(PS4 - DRAGONxxSWORD)

CatSnipah-x #17 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32196 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostPontiac Pat-x, on 18 October 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

I wasn't paying attention to that, but I always found a full 15 v15 match within a reasonable time.

One doesn't necessarily drive the other, so I've seen.  It does at extreme limits, but even when the population was at 2300 during very late night / early morning weekend hours on the US East Coast, I / we'd still not sit for very long when playing tiers 8 and up.  

That's why I was curious about the raw number - as I've been monitoring it since the Great Server Merge of 2020, and there has been a steady decline once again over the past 2.5 months.  

MaxMiner11-x #18 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21729 battles
I finally got an Ace in the Amx 13 57. It was well over 3000 direct damage.  I ran out of ammo.  

If I had more ammo, I may have been able to take out the last three reds.  My team was long dead by then.  

I really needed more premium ammo as I was bouncing too many shots on a couple of tanks.

This was on Abbey.

TheOneWhoPlucks-x #19 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20231 battles
  • [M01ST]
My experience so far has been a lot of mafia 2 and cod tbh

Follower of Tin’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-3

and

Lj’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-5

psmobius1-p #20 Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34707 battles
  • [6O97H]
I've been playing ranked and the TV test seems to have had very little impact beyond the occasional light or TD well hidden in bushes that you just couldn't find. All in all, don't mind TV but they are still going to need to tweak the lights and TD's a bit more and larger maps with more bushes and tree lines to hide in would be good in the future. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users