Perhaps 1 change to True Vision as tested to keep whiners happy - change nets.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

bigpikle-x #21 Posted 19 October 2020 - 06:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40086 battles
Make the tank outline appear like a Bush while camo net is deployed?

SgtSquirreL17-p #22 Posted 19 October 2020 - 06:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32081 battles
  • [W-W-P]

View PostKingBorisDantas-p, on 19 October 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

Here is a suggestion, in the first minute have true vision off, then let it switch on. At least that way slow tanks could move away from the spawn point and find a reasonable position to fight from. As it is, nobody will be playing slow tanks if they know about true vision because slow tanks are dead tanks in true vision as it is!

I can agree with that .So that even on maps like el haufffff players move away from spawn point instead of just sitting there sniping across map.

IBROX 04-x #23 Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22454 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 19 October 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

Or enjoying their weekend off... You know we don't work weekends! Just to let you all know, I went over to the Say No To True Vision Discord server and had a talk with the mods over there about feedback regarding the True Vision Test. I also spoke to various other members of the community all week regarding True Vision and now I am spending today and parts of tomorrow going over all of the feedback. I know the community would really appreciate more transparency, and we are working on that. But we absolutely weren't ignoring the community or have our heads in the sand.

Yeah i know your off over the weekend, so am I, work all week and usually enjoy tanks over the weekend, always look forward to tank weekends. Then wg go and totally waste it with true vision. Please Minto this change with kill the game if it goes permanent. Sorry btw Minto. I know it isn't you or max's fault, you two have to face the community on a daily basis and put up with us lol

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

PANDoGGA-x #24 Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 44297 battles
  • [BLAK]

Or enjoying their weekend off... You know we don't work weekends! Just to let you all know, I went over to the Say No To True Vision Discord server and had a talk with the mods over there about feedback regarding the True Vision Test. I also spoke to various other members of the community all week regarding True Vision and now I am spending today and parts of tomorrow going over all of the feedback. I know the community would really appreciate more transparency, and we are working on that. But we absolutely weren't ignoring the community or have our heads in the sand.

No need to work on the weekend when you do not implement stupids mechanics.

XxDark90SirenxX-x #25 Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 471 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 19 October 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

it's not nice to lie to the people here. I get that your job prevents you from saying much critical or otherwise but it's a bit insulting to give people false hope about feedback when you guys have every intention of implementing these awful mechanics even if you need to force it. Transparency is really important but if your hands are tied they're tied thats cool. Just maybe dont pretend we'll get otherwise when your company maintains radio silence on all of their titles outside of  occasional hype videos warships on pc gets every month.

Goddog-x #26 Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26109 battles
  • [SDKFZ]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 19 October 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

for what its worth I enjoyed the test for what it was, I think exploring the idea further with larger maps, and longer engagement range is the way to go.  Seeing an unspotted light daring between two mediums moving in to kill arty and taking him out was a highlight this weekend. 

Winner 3rd place in the  [UNOFFICIAL CHALLENGE #2] Tier V Sturmgeschutz III

Spexinator25-x #27 Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 74438 battles
  • [KRZ8]

View PostGhoest9-p, on 18 October 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

Make it so a deployed net offers true invisibility  as long as you arent spotted/marked. But you could probably remove the camo bonus the nets offer. 

But keep the spotting/marking mechanics the same as in the test. 

Wake Up!! True Vision is just plain terrible!!!

MintoVimto-x #28 Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:33 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 900 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostXxDark90SirenxX-x, on 19 October 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

it's not nice to lie to the people here. I get that your job prevents you from saying much critical or otherwise but it's a bit insulting to give people false hope about feedback when you guys have every intention of implementing these awful mechanics even if you need to force it. Transparency is really important but if your hands are tied they're tied thats cool. Just maybe dont pretend we'll get otherwise when your company maintains radio silence on all of their titles outside of  occasional hype videos warships on pc gets every month.

If I was lying about not taking your feedback into account, why would I take the time out of my day to even reply? We're not bad people, and we really care about the community and the game, most days I finish working and after dinner jump straight into supporting smaller WoTC streamers and CC's if they're online, its almost a 24-hour job sometimes, done out of love for the community. I know it is the same for other members of the team too. Sometimes, our hands are tied but definitely could never bring myself to lie to the community. Trust and respect takes a long time to gain, and it is very quick to be lost. I would be mortified if I ever lost that trust and respect which is slowly growing.

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Wargaming Chicago - Baltimore

Spookyrobbie-x #29 Posted 19 October 2020 - 08:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23857 battles
  • [T-R-U]

Thank you Minto!  For me not being able to play until the event is over should at least raise a question as to why ? Or that some of the community have passionately said that they do not want WG to go down this direction including myself for which is more personal due to heavily relying on the exiting spotting mechanics due to poor vision. 

I love playing world of tanks for all its flaws even the being the only tier 6 in a tier 8 to make up the numbers and has been my go to game come good and bad times.  

Yes trust or integrity is absolutely pinnacle to building and maintaining a good relationship and to that all I ask is TV going to implemented in a future release ? 

Derekthetree-x #30 Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:53 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20636 battles
  • [BEARD]

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 19 October 2020 - 07:04 PM, said:

Yeah i know your off over the weekend, so am I, work all week and usually enjoy tanks over the weekend, always look forward to tank weekends. Then wg go and totally waste it with true vision. Please Minto this change with kill the game if it goes permanent. Sorry btw Minto. I know it isn't you or max's fault, you two have to face the community on a daily basis and put up with us lol

This. Why do a "test" on the weekend, then we can't enjoy our weekend off.

Good to see Minto in here. Here's a tip for some feedback.

Put a splash screen up at the start of the game with a simple question. "Do you prefer True Vision or normal mechanics". No arguments over casual players not coming to the forum. Players who play get to vote on whether its good or not.

AssassinGuru-x #31 Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:54 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43131 battles
  • [BNKR]

Then be transparent and unveil your plans!

1. Why there are two very close TV test although majority didn't like it

2. Do you plan to make it permanent or change base mechanic of game?

Just say it. I don't want to waste any minute of my life to this game if that would be future! At least we deserve to know!

Coldstone10-p #32 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10541 battles
  • [U-P-B]

View PostAssassinGuru-x, on 19 October 2020 - 09:54 PM, said:

Then be transparent and unveil your plans!

1. Why there are two very close TV test although majority didn't like it

2. Do you plan to make it permanent or change base mechanic of game?

Just say it. I don't want to waste any minute of my life to this game if that would be future! At least we deserve to know!

Well I have to play the devils advocate. Is it really sure TV isn't liked? Sorry, but even if you add all people in this forum and those active on social media I assume it would be max 25% of all players. In the end, it is the number of players who actually play under TV conditions which is evaluated as data.

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which fails the last wins, its as easy as that.

AssassinGuru-x #33 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43131 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostColdstone10-p, on 19 October 2020 - 11:17 PM, said:

Well I have to play the devils advocate. Is it really sure TV isn't liked? Sorry, but even if you add all people in this forum and those active on social media I assume it would be max 25% of all players. In the end, it is the number of players who actually play under TV conditions which is evaluated as data.

It is called trend. If we presume that in these forum 90% dislike TV we could pretty easy reflect it to whole player base.

XxDark90SirenxX-x #34 Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 471 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 19 October 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

If I was lying about not taking your feedback into account, why would I take the time out of my day to even reply? We're not bad people, and we really care about the community and the game, most days I finish working and after dinner jump straight into supporting smaller WoTC streamers and CC's if they're online, its almost a 24-hour job sometimes, done out of love for the community. I know it is the same for other members of the team too. Sometimes, our hands are tied but definitely could never bring myself to lie to the community. Trust and respect takes a long time to gain, and it is very quick to be lost. I would be mortified if I ever lost that trust and respect which is slowly growing.

There's a difference between what feedback is given and what is recived by those in charge. Im curious as to what your responses will be like when whatever you guys have planned is unveiled. I can't speak for others but i know I'd be upset if this game were to undergo a huge shift in core gameplay on what seems like a whim. It's easy to say your taking in feedback but how much of it actually will end up affecting these meta shifting mechanics youve been testing. Again i get that you're just their rep and can only do so much but its not hard to figure out what you guys are working towards and its more than a little insulting when all wg puts out is radio silence mixed with the usual "we hear your concerns" that so many game publishers put out i would love to be proven wrong but i have a feeling i wont be and come next year this game will be getting a shift in focus that isnt good for this game as its been for these 6 years. 

DrHorrible4Life-x #35 Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:48 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17432 battles
When you call it a test, it really pisses me off.  Tests are about isolating variables, so when you run TV, +1/-1, ranked battles, Halloween, and the season pass all at the same time, you look like complete morons to anyone who learned about the scientific method in grade school.  

Holy_Coq-p #36 Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:07 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5817 battles

View PostDrHorrible4Life-x, on 20 October 2020 - 12:48 AM, said:

When you call it a test, it really pisses me off.  Tests are about isolating variables, so when you run TV, +1/-1, ranked battles, Halloween, and the season pass all at the same time, you look like complete morons to anyone who learned about the scientific method in grade school.  

But you must admit that it made a few (lights tanker) feel good. :hiding:

HerdOfDonkeys-x #37 Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:48 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43584 battles

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 18 October 2020 - 07:11 AM, said:

Or better yet, make it so your tank disappears when you aren't spotted! How's that for a revolutionary idea?

WG, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! 

Brilliant!   Why WG hasn’t offered you a job is a mystery to me.  Oh...I forgot...they hate the game and you don’t so it would never work.  

CleverJoey1844-x #38 Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:14 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 52940 battles
  • [THNTR]
One thing is for sure. TV definitely helps the high skilled map aware player much more than the average player. A few here already know at game start you can snipe vision routes and count tbe number of reds going each direction. And the clueless player that has no map ability get toasted and can't figure out how or why!

GamerPaws-x #39 Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:34 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25755 battles

View PostGhoest9-p, on 18 October 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Make it so a deployed net offers true invisibility  as long as you arent spotted/marked. But you could probably remove the camo bonus the nets offer. 

But keep the spotting/marking mechanics the same as in the test. 

Dont call people whiners, u obviously have no idea about WoT. They re taking away one of the core principles.

“I don’t agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

hexine-p #40 Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29527 battles
this change (among many others) is the kind of thing that would be needed to make true vision work

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users