It's time for a major Poll (Everyone should Participate)

wot WG current state of game events modes balancing poll tanks premium question

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote on the most recent things happening in WOTC (345 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should +1/-1 stay as an event or become permanent?

1. Stay as Event (89 votes [25.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.80%

2. Become permanent (218 votes [63.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.19%

3. No opinion (18 votes [5.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.22%

4. It should never come back (20 votes [5.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.80%

Should "True Vision" stay as an event or become permanent?

1. Stay as Event (82 votes [23.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.77%

2. Become Permanent (41 votes [11.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.88%

3. No opinion (19 votes [5.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.51%

4. It should never come back (203 votes [58.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.84%

Reducing Platoon size from 5 to 3 become a permanent thing?

1. No (109 votes [31.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.59%

2. Yes (187 votes [54.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.20%

3. No opinion (49 votes [14.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.20%

Do you enjoy the "Season's" and the "Pass" that comes with them?

1. No (170 votes [49.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.28%

2. Yes (111 votes [32.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.17%

3. No opinion (64 votes [18.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.55%

Hot Wheels or WWE?

1. Hot Wheels (32 votes [9.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.28%

2. WWE (18 votes [5.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.22%

3. Neither (256 votes [74.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.20%

4. No Opinon (39 votes [11.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.30%

Do you enjoy the Halloween event?

1. No (60 votes [17.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

2. Yes (216 votes [62.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.61%

3. No Opinion (69 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Should WG look into an Arty rework/change, like PC has?

1. Yes, make it a test like they did with platoon mm (92 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. Yes (83 votes [24.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.06%

3. No, Arty does not need a rework/change (116 votes [33.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.62%

4. No opinion (54 votes [15.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.65%

Console War event! Xbox vs PS4!

1. Yes (168 votes [48.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.70%

2. No (91 votes [26.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.38%

3. No Opinion (86 votes [24.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.93%

If you HAD to chose one or the other: WG, focus more on balancing tanks or focus more on updating maps/graphics

1. Rebalance tanks, all tiers (159 votes [46.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.09%

2. Map and Graphics updates (172 votes [49.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.86%

3. No opinion (14 votes [4.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.06%

Of the 3 listed past Event Modes, which one should return in the next couple of months?

1. Lunar Mode (161 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. Turret Town Mode (3 votes [0.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.87%

3. Core Breach (21 votes [6.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.09%

4. No opinion (160 votes [46.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.38%

Commander mode: PvP or PvE?

1. PvP (35 votes [10.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.14%

2. PvE (54 votes [15.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.65%

3. No Opinion (256 votes [74.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.20%

New Event: Team Deathmatch, but with lives (limited Lives, special mode)?

1. Yes, could be fun (98 votes [28.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.41%

2. No (154 votes [44.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.64%

3. No Opinion (93 votes [26.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.96%

Premium Ammo: make it less damage but higher pen than standard ammo. Start it off as a test/event, like +1/-1, to see how players react to it.

1. Yes (125 votes [36.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.23%

2. No (186 votes [53.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.91%

3. No Opinion (34 votes [9.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

Should WG refer to polls like this as what the community thinks?

1. Yes (268 votes [77.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.68%

2. No (27 votes [7.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.83%

3. No opinion (50 votes [14.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.49%

In-Game Polling (after logging in there is a poll option), would more accurately resemble the player base than the forums.

1. Yes, In-game Polling would Tremendously help represent the player base more (263 votes [76.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.23%

2. No, polling does not help represent the player base (24 votes [6.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.96%

3. No opinion (58 votes [16.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.81%

Vote Hide poll

OldRugger51-x #81 Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21443 battles
  • [C-X-L]

View PostLifeTilts-x, on 29 October 2020 - 12:10 PM, said:

Not wanting a rebalance is a clear sign that you want to have an unfair advantage over others. That makes you a cheater.

Perhaps the most convoluted logic ever used on the forum....ok, thinking back, definitely not the most but certainly in the top ten. The only cheating is the time I have been cheated of reading the cheating arguments. :facepalm:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.  Steven Wright

LifeTilts-x #82 Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 48262 battles

View Postnatedaishmaster-x, on 02 November 2020 - 08:01 PM, said:

You just have to get 3 marks, I don't care how you do it. You've played 230 battles (160 on your main) in the E100 on your alt in the last 3 months (150/100 in the last month) and the combined damage isn't where it needs to be, that's a pretty serious effort. Interestingly, your combined damage on your alt and main differ by only 200 over that time period (WN8 differs by 200 as well) meaning that prem isn't actually doing all that much to help you ~5% increase. The stats speak for themselves in this case. I've said that prem doesn't give as much of an increase as you thought and I was correct. Now you are lying about how hard you're trying and how close you are to the actual goal as well. It's a pretty bad look for someone like you who tries to maintain the moral high ground with your anti-prem argument

The last week was particularly brutal due the map rotation so I got completely Roflstomped in many games during the week on a constant mix of Sand River, Prokhorovka, Malinovka, Fisherman's bay and Arctic Region. I was able to patch some of it smashing potatoes in a brief session during the weekend but then returned on monday to erase the progress. It's been like trying to drive uphill on an icy slope. I think we can both agree that weekend games are softer, this would be the first weekend I get to actually play for more than a couple of hours after crossing the 2 mark threshold over a month ago. 

Also the circumstances have changed, before when playing against Xbox players it was a struggle to get above an 80% damage standing. Back then when I started I made the assessment that I needed about +19% in damage output. When I started I was doing roughly 20% more over the first 50+ games, now you can make the argument that I was just playing poorly in my AP100. Sure I've gained crew skills which improve performance over time but I'd argue that the main reason for the increased output is the influx of PS players who in my opinion are relatively bad at the game. 5% would be enough but my Heat100 performance is more consistent and doesn't swing as much thus I guess I need to do closer to 8%. 

This particular experiment was done with a tank that is always top tier the expectation is obviously that the benefit is lower than for a tank that faces opposition that is two tiers higher. Additionally just because HEAT shells are marginally better than AP overall doesn't erase the massive benefit you get from premium spamming the more common APCR. Nor does it account for the situational benefits of HEAT where you pick the right shell for the task.

My Twitch Channel Solo gameplay, Tank requests (300+ tanks), No premium spam.

natedaishmaster-x #83 Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29405 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostLifeTilts-x, on 06 November 2020 - 07:45 AM, said:

The last week was particularly brutal due the map rotation so I got completely Roflstomped in many games during the week on a constant mix of Sand River, Prokhorovka, Malinovka, Fisherman's bay and Arctic Region. I was able to patch some of it smashing potatoes in a brief session during the weekend but then returned on monday to erase the progress. It's been like trying to drive uphill on an icy slope. I think we can both agree that weekend games are softer, this would be the first weekend I get to actually play for more than a couple of hours after crossing the 2 mark threshold over a month ago. 

Also the circumstances have changed, before when playing against Xbox players it was a struggle to get above an 80% damage standing. Back then when I started I made the assessment that I needed about +19% in damage output. When I started I was doing roughly 20% more over the first 50+ games, now you can make the argument that I was just playing poorly in my AP100. Sure I've gained crew skills which improve performance over time but I'd argue that the main reason for the increased output is the influx of PS players who in my opinion are relatively bad at the game. 5% would be enough but my Heat100 performance is more consistent and doesn't swing as much thus I guess I need to do closer to 8%. 

This particular experiment was done with a tank that is always top tier the expectation is obviously that the benefit is lower than for a tank that faces opposition that is two tiers higher. Additionally just because HEAT shells are marginally better than AP overall doesn't erase the massive benefit you get from premium spamming the more common APCR. Nor does it account for the situational benefits of HEAT where you pick the right shell for the task.

I personally find weekends less consistent on the whole because there are more dumb players and you never know if there is going to be a steamroll or not so it's more difficult to know when to push or farm. I honestly haven't noticed the average ps4 player being any worse or better, I actually think that the driving force behind improvement is desire. Xbox probably has a higher percentage of very good players but I'd assume that the lower half of players is about the same for each console.

Tier X is tricky when it comes to armor and pen values. Against fellow tier X tanks, most tanks have a frontal weakspot that is >50% pen chance with standard and a secondary spot that is >50% with prem. The IS7 has the lower plate with standard and the pike with prem, the E100 has lower plate and turret cheeks, the SConq upper plate is weak to prem. Additionally, most tier X mediums have turrets that can be penned a fair portion of the time with prem if the shot hits properly. All of this leads to the need for situational prem use as you can't really damage a sidescraping E100 or SConq with the lower plate covered. Additionally, a lot of tier IX tanks struggle against tier X prem so you can load it to auto pen most tier IXs regardless of where you shoot them. At lower tiers, prem is required if you're -2 since your standard is rarely enough, especially with heavies. Mediums can get away with standard since prem won't pen +2 frontal weakspots anyways so they have to flank and TDs usually get uptiered guns. Objectively, this shouldn't be a thing but I understand it from a business perspective. The problem that a lot of people make is that they complain about the stuff that is in the game to make WG money by skewing the economy like stock tanks and prem and +2/-2 and tier Xs not really making silver and that stuff will be difficult to convince WG to change since it is effective at making money. If prem is nerfed, the same people will still be good and bad, it won't actually change much, it's just that the gap will be slightly narrower. I wouldn't mind them nerfing prem but they probably should reduce pen RNG at the same time because that is a big factor for me using prem

I'll agree that prem APCR is just better. The decrease in normalization doesn't make up for the extra shell velocity and pen. This is slightly easier to fix with a steeper pen drop off at long range. HEAT typically has more pen but it is much worse against a lot of the spaced armor tanks and can't be used in every situation. HEAT does have some benefit against stuff that relies on angles rather than thickness like the Swedish tanks

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4

SandM9-x #84 Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

Not surprised that "balancing and Maps" are the two top choices, but I am surprised that "maps and graphics" is ahead.

So it doesn't matter if the game way out of balance and the mechanics are wonky just make sure it looks good. :trollface:

Maybe the choices should have been:

Balance

Maps

Graphics

Instead of "Maps and Graphics"

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

Playertd-x #85 Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21586 battles
I wish wg would look at polls like this, they are sooooo out of touch with what people want for the game, I legit stopped playing because of these godawfull season passes (wwe and hot wheels make me barf in my mouth like holy crap they do not fit tanks at all) and the true vision test just extra-insured I won't redownload the game.

4HPMvmm.jpg

natedaishmaster-x #86 Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29405 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostPlayertd-x, on 06 November 2020 - 09:17 AM, said:

I wish wg would look at polls like this, they are sooooo out of touch with what people want for the game, I legit stopped playing because of these godawfull season passes (wwe and hot wheels make me barf in my mouth like holy crap they do not fit tanks at all) and the true vision test just extra-insured I won't redownload the game.

There's a pretty solid chance that the forum is out of touch. A very small number of people visit the forums and we only represent a specific demographic of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if the Facebook group is the best representation of the average player, even though the average player doesn't actually know why they want what they want.

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4

THAT BLOKE 500-x #87 Posted 06 November 2020 - 06:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24039 battles
  • [-H8-]

View PostLifeTilts-x, on 06 November 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

Since I just bumped into your heat100 and saw you play mostly well (Arctic region game vs my comp loadout IS7, I think you overextended cus your team played poorly), running full AP E100 would definitely be one of the main limiting factors - seriously even with the buffed 246 pen you're just not getting the damage you could be getting if you used HEAT. It's just a fact that I wouldn't have even got penned against you in that engagement, and there must have been other engagements like that.

However: HE100 is a thing. It's still rather good too, since unlike HEAT100 you aren't relying on pen so much as hitting crit zones like turrets and engine roofs. HEAT does provide the advantage you were on about previously, but I feel that if you used more HE for those drawn-out situations you can't pen in, then it'd make marking the tank a lot easier.

sidenote: It's not just that PS4 players are worse, there are good players too but there are many more bad players than on xbox, and the majority of them are packed into EU server. I've alruged in the past that because it's both a younger release (4yrs instead of 6) and the playerbase has been isolated from xbox the whole time, their way of playing is fundamentally different from ours and player knowledge generally less developed that when crossplay hit they (and us on xbox) were thrown into a completely different gameplay meta and have been slowly adjusting ever since. 

Elite Corsair-x #88 Posted 07 November 2020 - 05:18 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 34075 battles
  • [IRON]
The only change that arty needs is for premium HE shells to be removed, other than that they are balanced.

LifeTilts-x #89 Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 48262 battles

View PostTocFanKe4-x, on 02 November 2020 - 10:41 PM, said:

They can and do.  It's fair now.  If you don't want to put in the work to use premium items, that's on you.  Nobody reports people for premium ammo use anymore because everyone uses it.  You're in the far out fringe on this one.  Nobody besides you thinks that small repair kits and fire extinguisher use is cheating.  Like I said, it's fine if you want to make things hard on yourself, but nobody is cheating using things the game gives to everyone.  If I die in the game, that's on me.  It's amazing you play this game at all with the rampant cheating going on with these fire extinguishers being used.    

Why stop with premium items?  You should drive stock tanks because anyone that uses upgraded packages is cheating too.  They keep having this workaround called grinding to unlock things.  Why is this game so unfair that people have to grind XP to unlock the best guns?  They're paying with time for them!  That's cheating!  

I doubt you'll find a post where I say using small repair kits and fire extinguishers is cheating. They're cheap, like 3k a pop, right? I do find it annoying that someone can magically undo the damage done to targeted modules, it kind of defeats the purpose of having them in the first place.

Not my fault WG doesn't hand everyone fully upgraded tanks. They should. The big difference there is that once you get the upgrade it costs you the same if you use it in one battle or in a thousand. Premium rounds and premium consumables are a continuous expense that exceed your earnings.

My Twitch Channel Solo gameplay, Tank requests (300+ tanks), No premium spam.

Mr Flak Yau-x #90 Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29123 battles

View PostElite Corsair-x, on 06 November 2020 - 09:18 PM, said:

The only change that arty needs is for premium HE shells to be removed, other than that they are balanced.

Arty isn't the only one with Premium HE.

Remove Premium rounds and buff standard rounds 

Ben The Orange-x #91 Posted 09 November 2020 - 01:51 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15280 battles
I'm really enjoying the fact that a lot of players who voted want to keep artilery exactly the same as it always has been or have no opinion to change it. Seems we have a silent majority among us and we're not all a bunch of anti artilery haters, like this forum would have us all believe.

Desyatnik Pansy-x #92 Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

View PostBen The Orange-x, on 09 November 2020 - 01:51 AM, said:

I'm really enjoying the fact that a lot of players who voted want to keep artilery exactly the same as it always has been or have no opinion to change it. Seems we have a silent majority among us and we're not all a bunch of anti artilery haters, like this forum would have us all believe.

You know more people voted to have it changed than that right. Ah wait no I've realised who I'm responding to so maths would be hard.

Edited by Desyatnik Pansy-x, 09 November 2020 - 12:22 PM.

I am a PC Player who randomly posts on here sometimes. 

I also do mod stuff. You can see some of it here.

kingrich06-x #93 Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:34 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 74101 battles

started doing the poll then realized my real answer is not available on choices... most of the polls from WG are biased towards getting an answer to get what ever plan they have to move forward.   

I have mentioned many times on Polls there should be a  e) other option: a text box to write what one really thinks of the question

76 Tier X's, All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/in garage sans 4. Need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done (so much for this)

GOAL: Have every Tank, ACE Mastery with min MOE1 Tanks in the garage251 GOLD+447 TT=TOTAL: 698

THAT BLOKE 500-x #94 Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24039 battles
  • [-H8-]

View Postkingrich06-x, on 09 November 2020 - 08:34 PM, said:

started doing the poll then realized my real answer is not available on choices... most of the polls from WG are biased towards getting an answer to get what ever plan they have to move forward.   

I have mentioned many times on Polls there should be a  e) other option: a text box to write what one really thinks of the question

This poll? It's not a WG poll but a player one, and polls are best when they have simple answer options to present to the readers. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users