Post game / In game reporting system needs work (Xbox)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Cobravert-x #1 Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30564 battles
  • [WKPLC]

I have recently discovered that there has been an in game player reporting option on the Xbox.

Is there a reason why it is interconnected with the Xbox gamer card reporting functions? Reporting players to Xbox for things that happen in game other than anything to do with language and disruption is pointless. So trying to be able to report someone to War Gaming seems to be the only viable option to report anyone when the situation arises. However, using this new option in it's current state is extraordinarily confusing.

As it is, the Xbox report screen comes up and overlays every but press used for the in game reporting.

If you bring up a player's name, the Xbox report screen overlays and overrides the in game report screen.

When you push 'B' to back out of the Xbox screen, you can access the in game screen.

But, as soon as you hit 'A' on the report option, the Xbox report screen once again overlays and overrides the in game screen.

It does this for every function of the reporting process.

Is this by intent, making it intentionally broken and difficult to use, so that no one will use it, or is it something that was implemented too soon and not fully worked out?

I mean granted, I rarely have need of reporting anyone, but in the event that it would be nice to be able to report people who do deserve. As it is now, it is not useable.

I don't know if it's been brought up here before, for I've never been in this section of the forum before. I just thought you should know that in it's present state, it doesn't work well at all.

MaxChaos24-x #2 Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:10 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14155 battles
  • [CPTST]

View PostCobravert-x, on 28 October 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

I have recently discovered that there has been an in game player reporting option on the Xbox.

Is there a reason why it is interconnected with the Xbox gamer card reporting functions? Reporting players to Xbox for things that happen in game other than anything to do with language and disruption is pointless. So trying to be able to report someone to War Gaming seems to be the only viable option to report anyone when the situation arises. However, using this new option in it's current state is extraordinarily confusing.

As it is, the Xbox report screen comes up and overlays every but press used for the in game reporting.

If you bring up a player's name, the Xbox report screen overlays and overrides the in game report screen.

When you push 'B' to back out of the Xbox screen, you can access the in game screen.

But, as soon as you hit 'A' on the report option, the Xbox report screen once again overlays and overrides the in game screen.

It does this for every function of the reporting process.

Is this by intent, making it intentionally broken and difficult to use, so that no one will use it, or is it something that was implemented too soon and not fully worked out?

I mean granted, I rarely have need of reporting anyone, but in the event that it would be nice to be able to report people who do deserve. As it is now, it is not useable.

I don't know if it's been brought up here before, for I've never been in this section of the forum before. I just thought you should know that in it's present state, it doesn't work well at all.

Hello, I'm not really sure what you are referring to? The in-game report system is not tied to MS. 

To report a player from the Post battle screen

- Select that player

- Press A for Player interaction

- Press A to Report

- Select the item you are reporting them for. 

Then that's it. 

Click to send in a Support Ticket!

Crew Skills and Perk Values

Cobravert-x #3 Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30564 battles
  • [WKPLC]

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 28 October 2020 - 10:10 AM, said:

Hello, I'm not really sure what you are referring to? The in-game report system is not tied to MS. 

To report a player from the Post battle screen

- Select that player

- Press A for Player interaction

- Press A to Report

- Select the item you are reporting them for. 

Then that's it. 

Max, That is exactly how I was doing it, but every time I hit the 'A' button that was shown on the report feature, the Xbox report screen came up over it, for every step of the reporting process.

I don't know if I can record it and show you what was happening, but I may try to do that later tonight and see.

In this particular case, it was on a Lakeville game, tier VII, where 3 platooned enemy all suicided into the lake at the game start. So it did this overlay thing on every step of all 3 reports.

MaxChaos24-x #4 Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:25 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14155 battles
  • [CPTST]

View PostCobravert-x, on 28 October 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

Max, That is exactly how I was doing it, but every time I hit the 'A' button that was shown on the report feature, the Xbox report screen came up over it, for every step of the reporting process.

I don't know if I can record it and show you what was happening, but I may try to do that later tonight and see.

In this particular case, it was on a Lakeville game, tier VII, where 3 platooned enemy all suicided into the lake at the game start. So it did this overlay thing on every step of all 3 reports.

It would be helpful if a video is possible. I'm not seeing this on mine. Are you perhaps in the Xbox Preview program?

Cobravert-x #5 Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30564 battles
  • [WKPLC]

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 28 October 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

It would be helpful if a video is possible. I'm not seeing this on mine. Are you perhaps in the Xbox Preview program?

Not that I recall.

TsprinTs-x #6 Posted 28 October 2020 - 04:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46160 battles

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 28 October 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

Max

Try use it yourself and you will know what he is talking about.

Basically when you press A to report someone, the gamertag infor will pop up make it so hard to use

dzhey43-x #7 Posted 28 October 2020 - 04:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 40651 battles
  • [3EBC]

View PostCobravert-x, on 28 October 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

Yes it is how it works now. Worked fine before some xbox update.
Spoiler

Haukkis-x #8 Posted 28 October 2020 - 05:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38406 battles

View PostCobravert-x, on 28 October 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

Same thing happened to me recently.

MaxChaos24-x #9 Posted 28 October 2020 - 05:47 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14155 battles
  • [CPTST]

View PostTsprinTs-x, on 28 October 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

Max

Try use it yourself and you will know what he is talking about.

Basically when you press A to report someone, the gamertag infor will pop up make it so hard to use

I have tried it right after I read the report and not seeing any of what is described. If you are seeing it also, are you able to grab a video?

Spud Magnum-x #10 Posted 28 October 2020 - 05:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33187 battles
  • [GEEZR]

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 28 October 2020 - 05:47 PM, said:

I have tried it right after I read the report and not seeing any of what is described. If you are seeing it also, are you able to grab a video?

you can't capture the Xbox ui with the record function you would need a capture card. I have also noticed that it only happens when you report an Xbox player while on that system. It won't happen when you report a ps player.

Edited by Spud Magnum-x, 28 October 2020 - 05:54 PM.

Bibo1GerUk-x #11 Posted 28 October 2020 - 06:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30213 battles

I play on Xbox too and that's how it's been from the start.

The constant interference from the overlay is annoying but you just accept it.

The worst part is after closing the report you get stuttering for a few seconds which makes it unadvisable to do while in or near combat.

Edited by Bibo1GerUk-x, 28 October 2020 - 06:59 PM.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

THAT BLOKE 500-x #12 Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23188 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostCobravert-x, on 28 October 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

The normal UI for in-game reporting does have a similar list of options on its overlay (offensive comms, unsporting behaviour etc), but I've not seen the xbox reporting UI pop up at all for that....then again I play EU and that's mostly PS4 players now so that interaction would be impossible in most cases.

WizardOfGore5x5-x #13 Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:43 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 35541 battles
What happens to the person that is being reported? Is there some form of punishment program that affect your gameplay? Do you get banned or timed out? If reported for talking does your mic gets shut off? Why is there not an option to give somebody like a thumbs-up or a good game. It seems that the reporting system only reports someone for doing something bad or for playing artillery. I mention artillery because I've heard of someone on a stream saying that they use up all their reporting to report artillery because they hate that particular type of tank. I was wondering what the end result of the reporting system is to the player being reported. What happens to players being reported? What happens to players that are abusing the reporting system?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users