next-gen PS5 XSX update

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Elytre-p #1 Posted 29 October 2020 - 12:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17572 battles

Hey WG and all mighty Tankers,

The Dev.Team of another Tank-based Game just released their next-gen update teaser, wich shows some amazing graphics and overall very nice engine, wich provides plenty of details and effects. Called "New Power", clearly showing the PS5 and XSX logos also on the end.

So i was wondering if WG is planning to go along with that, as the current-gen graphics are... well yh, "aged", it's some polished PS3/X360 graphics IMO.

I think with a new overall graphics engine, using the next-gen GPU and CPU capacities in combination with the SSD loading speed, WoT would gain way more new Players and keeping its loyal Playerbase happy, instead of scaring them off with ridiculous "balancing" on tanks wich allready have below-average winrate and damage output and those WWE or HW season stuff filled with horrible colorfull tanks (pleaso don't start a debate about the recent Season updates or balancing here, just wanted to mention this)

If next-gen could have the "1.0" update from PC version would allready be a great step i think.

RAGNAR0K N ROLL-x #2 Posted 29 October 2020 - 01:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20771 battles
  • [JOCO]

I suppose it sounds good in theory but I don't hear anyone say they don't play or are leaving this game because it isn't "pretty enough" and quite a few areas that they could already improve for example larger maps let's say are already easily doable on the X1 and PS4 because the 360 limitation was removed. As much as I would like to respect your wish to avoid bring dead horse arguments into here; content, tank balance and MM are 3 of the bigger issues you see complaints about on the forums at least. I'm sure something big is coming eventually but they cant even manage to continue doing the two tanks every other week thing consistently. Not to mention they keep trying out features that affect the core game (think True Vision) for whatever reason.

Trust me many of us older players have been around since the game was decidedly worse looking than it is now and still enjoyed it just fine. I can appreciate graphics as much as anyone else but the game looks nice now and with the potential that already exists I'd rather we simply focus on polishing the game we have vs. trying to do another complete graphical overhaul which given the last few model updates we had will likely break some tanks armor in some silly way that will take months to fix.

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

MaxMiner11-x #3 Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22190 battles
What I find pretty is the red tanks blowing up.

Honestly I don't really notice the improved graphics on Xbox One X much unless I am watching a replay.

If you are stopping to smell and admire the roses, your scrap.

I would rather see things like the extending the Pilson map. Etc.

When the latest gen consoles become more affordable and makes sense to me I will get one.  But I am not too worried about.  

For players that can get one, great.  I am not quite there yet.

BrogueOne-p #4 Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:28 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 25844 battles
  • [AP-EX]
There’s no doubt that WG is working on improving the game to run on next gen hardware; literally every developer on Earth is doing so right now.  Just because they haven’t made any fancy trailers doesn’t mean they’re not working on it.  

Regardless, even without upgrades at launch the game will look and run better simply by virtue of the upgraded hardware.

HawkZ71-x #5 Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37351 battles
I have found having the right tv the console is connected to makes a difference in how good the graphics look.  Two years ago I upgraded to a Sony 65" 4K UHD and could easily see a difference in detail compared to my 7 year old 55" LG.

Eskadrinis-p #6 Posted 29 October 2020 - 03:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14180 battles
Yeah they can make improvements but the super fast load times won’t matter for online multiplayer if crossplay with last gen cuz we are way slower

CatSnipah-x #7 Posted 29 October 2020 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32688 battles
  • [BNKR]

I'd rather them spend time on expanding map sizes, new map development and fixing MM issues. 

But that's just me.

MaxMiner11-x #8 Posted 29 October 2020 - 04:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22190 battles
I run an external SSD on my One X and it loads fast.

TheOneWhoPlucks-x #9 Posted 29 October 2020 - 05:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20828 battles
  • [M01ST]
Gameplay > graphics 

Follower of Tin’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-3

and

Lj’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-5

SightlessRogue0-x #10 Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24153 battles
Since the abandonment of the 360 there have already been graphic improvements and there will be others. I can't wait to see what the next major update will be all about.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

GinTonicus-x #11 Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:52 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13786 battles

They will likely keep using the same engine, but do something for the new gen similar to what they did for the One X and Pro when they were released. WG mentioned back in 2016 that the current engine was designed to support 'future hardware platforms'.

The upgrades will probably consist of things like increasing draw distance for grass and trees, load time optimizations, hopefully massively increased texture quality, enhanced lighting and shadows - and if if we're really lucky - ray-traced reflections

Elytre-p #12 Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:55 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17572 battles

Yh i get the point about the MM, TrueVision test and so on, of corse there is a LOT to improve on the game, and a new Look def. isnt the main thing, but i ment like if they bring a new look/engine to the game, Ppl will enjoy that MORE like those WWE or HW themed tanks, not saying they shouldnt improve the MM and bring new Maps an so on.

Of corse it makes a difference in the game experience if you have a nice TV, myself i play on PS4PRO and 55" 4K HDR Sony TV since the PRO released, the Game looks good (enought), but as mentioned, it aged over the Years and could get some cosmetic love on next-gen too keep looking good in many Years

GroomingChief65-x #13 Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:22 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10524 battles
Graphics always have been a huge draw / selling point for any game. You really can't go wrong IMO putting dev effort into making the game look better on the new consoles.  Especially a game like this which has been around for a long time, if it looks amazing you will have new players jumping in to see what this is all about plus some former players may be interested in jumping back in again.  Whether or not you can keep some of them around is the trick. 

RaggaMuffinReap-x #14 Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29590 battles
  • [XPBLS]

View PostElytre-p, on 29 October 2020 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hey WG and all mighty Tankers,

The Dev.Team of another Tank-based Game just released their next-gen update teaser, wich shows some amazing graphics and overall very nice engine, wich provides plenty of details and effects. Called "New Power", clearly showing the PS5 and XSX logos also on the end.

So i was wondering if WG is planning to go along with that, as the current-gen graphics are... well yh, "aged", it's some polished PS3/X360 graphics IMO.

I think with a new overall graphics engine, using the next-gen GPU and CPU capacities in combination with the SSD loading speed, WoT would gain way more new Players and keeping its loyal Playerbase happy, instead of scaring them off with ridiculous "balancing" on tanks wich allready have below-average winrate and damage output and those WWE or HW season stuff filled with horrible colorfull tanks (pleaso don't start a debate about the recent Season updates or balancing here, just wanted to mention this)

If next-gen could have the "1.0" update from PC version would allready be a great step i think.

There is nothing next gen about PS5/XSX its 5 year old PC tech, and its upsetting the industry how much that has platued - they cant go much faster, 

The current consoles will quite happily do more, im not sure how much more the X1, X1S will take

but the ps4 and xb1x will both take a LOT more, they just neet to be asked to do it.

Still waiting for 75% PC graphics WG, it not like the work is not already done

Mr Flak Yau-x #15 Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28951 battles

View PostTheOneWhoPlucks-x, on 29 October 2020 - 09:32 AM, said:

Gameplay > graphics 

This

The only thing WG needs to fix I can confidently say this in the behalf of the entire wot community is to make bushes transparent some can where the round is going and where we shooting. 

milesizdead-x #16 Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 24169 battles
  • [KLA]

View PostMaxMiner11-x, on 29 October 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

What I find pretty is the red tanks blowing up.

Honestly I don't really notice the improved graphics on Xbox One X much unless I am watching a replay.

If you are stopping to smell and admire the roses, your scrap.

I would rather see things like the extending the Pilson map. Etc.

When the latest gen consoles become more affordable and makes sense to me I will get one. But I am not too worried about.

For players that can get one, great. I am not quite there yet.

I noticed the change from X1 to X1X for sure, and I'm not a graphics enthusiast. I especially noticed it while at a friend's house playing on an X1 :) 

Also tagged with next-gen, PS5, XSX, update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users