Can anyone US based suggest best practice tips to get a PS5 on November 12th?

PS5

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

John-berg1995-p #21 Posted 02 November 2020 - 01:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13470 battles
  • [CIA]

View PostRaggaMuffinReap-x, on 02 November 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

Errrr everything, hold out on the giants, dont play their stupid "its sooo much better" ( its slightly better ) games

im pretty much never buying anything full price unless i have to, but tech prices fall so quick why bother, in march price will be down 10%, this time next year 20%, 

Go get PS5, p1ss higher than the next man, then cry cause somebody else playing stalker 2 and you cant cause you got PS, 

The first time you play cyber punk will be the first time you play cyber punk, if playing it before others gives you more pleasure then that says something about your phycology doesnt it.

Want now, must have culture at its worst, cause they released it substandard to then release another 1 in june/july

and i echo bug warnings of others

Well, I personally have a full time job and pay no bills of any kind so dropping $399 on a next gen console that can out perform $900-1000 built PC is nothing to get upset about. 

I swear people are so cheap when it comes to buying new tech but won't hesitate to drop $100 on the newest premium tank.. a digital good with no resale value :sceptic:

RaggaMuffinReap-x #22 Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29910 battles
  • [XPBLS]

View PostJohn-berg1995-p, on 02 November 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

Well, I personally have a full time job and pay no bills of any kind so dropping $399 on a next gen console that can out perform $900-1000 built PC is nothing to get upset about. 

I swear people are so cheap when it comes to buying new tech but won't hesitate to drop $100 on the newest premium tank.. a digital good with no resale value :sceptic:

It would cost about £650 to out perform ps5 and XSX, its not hard,

be under no illusions that these next gen consoles will be better than a 4 year old gaming PC, or one u can build now for that money, 

Then also you get steam, best invention ever

Also i dont buy either at full price, With second hand CPU, RAM, MOBO, GPU you could skim another 150 - 200 there,

these components dont have a life span in the traditional sense. Never buy them new, if they break buy a better one later when they even cheaper

If anybody wants advice doing this id happily help. Its my thing

Edited by RaggaMuffinReap-x, 02 November 2020 - 06:58 PM.

N6X507-p #23 Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:38 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostGallant Prime-x, on 01 November 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

Find a rural store.

When the Wii was super popular and there were none in stores for Christmas, I was travelling for work and popped into a Walmart in a very rural area.  They had 10 on the shelf--I bought 2.  

Maybe they are better now but I think they distribute a certain amount to each store, regardless of the size of the community.

The "rural" venture makes sense. I think this is probably the best bet.

N6X507-p #24 Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostHaukkis-x, on 02 November 2020 - 12:24 AM, said:

This. Why hurry? Besides, first wave of new consoles might have some problems... I still remember "Red Ring Of Death" all too well...

I am not in a hurry, nor am I desperate. If I can get one, I will though. I am not really concerned about possible short falls on first issue consoles.

I also got affected by the 360 Red Ring of Death, but I got it fixed by Microsoft out of warranty for 90 bucks. Since then, the 360 has been steadily running.

N6X507-p #25 Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostGroomingChief65-x, on 02 November 2020 - 12:42 AM, said:

My kids are a bit older now and aren't gaming like they used to. This is the first time I haven't been gunning for new consoles to re-sell and what not in quite a few years, things may be different this time around but In the past I've had some luck with various in stock 'trackers'. Basically you keep an eye on the trackers and see who is coming in and out of stock, get one added to your cart and check out as fast as possible.  The brick and mortar can work too but you have to get up early and check stores when they open, figure out when they usually get their trucks and stop there before work or whatever.  It turns out to be 'work' unfortunately, like everything else in life that pays off.  :)

I am willing to put a little effort, but I am not making it a "life or death" situation. I will try to get one from a brick and mortar store.

I happened to be around Best Buy for the Nintendo Switch launch by chance, and they had a line organized for those hopeful to get one that day.

N6X507-p #26 Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostBibo1GerUk-x, on 02 November 2020 - 04:50 AM, said:

Do you really need one right away?

It's best to wait till the initial release is over for normal availability and prices.There may even be better budles for the x-mas sales, wether officially from Sony or a store one.

By then they will have sorted out software bugs and issues and possibly found out hardware issues too. Remember, early adopters are also the first testers who actually paid for the privilege.

I don't need one right away, but if I can get one, I will take it.

I am not a big fan of bundles. I actually only play World of Tanks; not interested by any skinned console or add-on games.

Software bugs are inevitable, and they still happen today on existing consoles.

Hardware issues are always a possibility. I verified that earlier this year, when the Sony back button attachment failed after one month of use.

I don't mind playing guinea pig.

N6X507-p #27 Posted 02 November 2020 - 09:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 02 November 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

I got the ps3 day 1 and it suffered from both the first leap year day nonsense and later the blue light of doom. 

I got my 360 two years down after launch and had no issues with it. 

Just shows its better to wait. You pay less money, get more games to play and don't have to deal with the 1st gen teething issues. 

The more games to play is not a real incentive to me, since I only play the one. I only came to play console because of WoT. The console was initially purchased for my son who only plays Fortnite.

I got one of the first 360, and got the circle of death syndrome. Excepted for that, I would say it has been reliable until 2019, the last time I played WoT on it.

As said above, I agree that the smart way would be to wait and not rush. But I am interested to get one now if I can. I will not make it a crusade though.

John-berg1995-p #28 Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:51 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13470 battles
  • [CIA]

View PostRaggaMuffinReap-x, on 02 November 2020 - 06:46 PM, said:

It would cost about £650 to out perform ps5 and XSX, its not hard,

be under no illusions that these next gen consoles will be better than a 4 year old gaming PC, or one u can build now for that money, 

Then also you get steam, best invention ever

Also i dont buy either at full price, With second hand CPU, RAM, MOBO, GPU you could skim another 150 - 200 there,

these components dont have a life span in the traditional sense. Never buy them new, if they break buy a better one later when they even cheaper

If anybody wants advice doing this id happily help. Its my thing

Those figures are complete fantasy. 650?! LOL 

You're just flat out wrong. 

There are $1,500 PCS that barely even compare to the PS5 or Xbox. Sony and Microsoft are taking huge losses to ensure sales. Next gen is one of the nicest deals you can get. 399 for a console that can run 4k 60fps is a steal and a half. 

XxDark90SirenxX-x #29 Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:46 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 471 battles
  • [BUNNY]
Wait till next year

Edited by XxDark90SirenxX-x, 02 November 2020 - 11:47 PM.

GroomingChief65-x #30 Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:20 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10524 battles

View PostN6X507-p, on 02 November 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

I am willing to put a little effort, but I am not making it a "life or death" situation. I will try to get one from a brick and mortar store.

I happened to be around Best Buy for the Nintendo Switch launch by chance, and they had a line organized for those hopeful to get one that day.

Yea I only did it for my kids really, if I got hold of an extra console or two to list on ebay it helped to pay for my kids Christmas gifts. This year they're 17 & 18.  The 18 year old almost never games anymore and the 17 year old is fine with his Garden Warfare game on PS4 and also his Switch.  I'll just give them cash in a card this year and they can buy whatever they want. 

I'll definitely get a PS5 at some point for WoT but it won't be until this game rolls out the enhancements on it.  I don't play any other games. Other games interest me and sometimes I read about what's coming up soon, reviews etc but I don't have much time to get involved with any other games at this point in my life.  If I were in my teens I'd be all over the PS5 asap.  I remember even in my 20s renting Road Rash on the 3do from Blockbuster and playing all night with friends.   

Good luck in your search, hope you find one !

P6X330-p #31 Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:08 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 19111 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostGroomingChief65-x, on 02 November 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

Yea I only did it for my kids really, if I got hold of an extra console or two to list on ebay it helped to pay for my kids Christmas gifts. This year they're 17 & 18.  The 18 year old almost never games anymore and the 17 year old is fine with his Garden Warfare game on PS4 and also his Switch.  I'll just give them cash in a card this year and they can buy whatever they want. 

I'll definitely get a PS5 at some point for WoT but it won't be until this game rolls out the enhancements on it.  I don't play any other games. Other games interest me and sometimes I read about what's coming up soon, reviews etc but I don't have much time to get involved with any other games at this point in my life.  If I were in my teens I'd be all over the PS5 asap.  I remember even in my 20s renting Road Rash on the 3do from Blockbuster and playing all night with friends.   

Good luck in your search, hope you find one !

My son is only 9 years old, and while he initially used all his screen time to play Fortnite, he has lapsed.

The PS5 is more for me than for him at this point. This is not impulse driven, I am interested to have a platform to test the upcoming improvements we are likely going to see coming from WG on WoT. They are keeping quiet about it, but I am pretty certain they have been working on the new features in the background.

As a tester, I find it indispensable to own the three current platforms; I have a PS4 Slim hooked to a 1080p smart screen, a PS4 Pro hooked to a 4K HDR, and if I get the PS5 on the 12th, I will get one of the latest generation displays; I am not talking about getting an 8K display, but a display equipped with HDMI 2.1.

I have done comparisons between Slim and Pro and 1080p versus 4K HDR so far.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Also tagged with PS5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users