Anyone managed to snatch a PS5 online this morning?

PS5

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

N6X507-p #1 Posted 12 November 2020 - 12:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

At midnight (Eastern Time), I got automatically queued in Sony's system "queue it", where it tells you that you will get a chime and will have 10 minutes to sign in and get to the store.

There was a bar that was slowly filling to show you your progress in the queue.

A "live" dot was blinking to show you the web page was communicating with the server, and of course, a laconic message informing that the wait time was more than one hour.

From time to time, there would be an update showing the link was not broken.

The progress bar was 45% filled in the queue when the wait aborted, returning to the Sony page stating "out of stock".

Anybody got luckier?

BrogueOne-p #2 Posted 12 November 2020 - 12:58 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 25820 battles
  • [AP-EX]
As of 7am ET they were not yet for sale on Amazon.  Walmart will have scheduled online sales starting at 9am.  So I’m just refreshing my Amazon app every hour

N6X507-p #3 Posted 12 November 2020 - 01:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 12 November 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

As of 7am ET they were not yet for sale on Amazon. Walmart will have scheduled online sales starting at 9am. So I’m just refreshing my Amazon app every hour

I found a site yesterday, that had direct links (sponsored) to the various outfits that allegedly would sell the console.

Walmart was one of them, with "spot" spaced sales. Starting at 12:00 am, then as you reported, 09:00 am.

But excepted for Sony, I did not see anything happen; I was monitoring Best Buy, Target and Walmart early this morning and nothing.

I am guessing its over for this launch. No big deal.

ScottyDubs77-p #4 Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20356 battles

View PostN6X507-p, on 12 November 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

I found a site yesterday, that had direct links (sponsored) to the various outfits that allegedly would sell the console.

Walmart was one of them, with "spot" spaced sales. Starting at 12:00 am, then as you reported, 09:00 am.

But excepted for Sony, I did not see anything happen; I was monitoring Best Buy, Target and Walmart early this morning and nothing.

I am guessing its over for this launch. No big deal.

Walmart starts at noon and goes every 3 hours until 9pm, none have been sold yet, always a chance but I’m sure bots will grab most of them and they’ll be on sale for $1000

N6X507-p #5 Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostScottyDubs77-p, on 12 November 2020 - 02:15 PM, said:

Walmart starts at noon and goes every 3 hours until 9pm, none have been sold yet, always a chance but I’m sure bots will grab most of them and they’ll be on sale for $1000

I am not going to buy from a scalper, they can keep the consoles as far as I am concerned. There is already one on auction that has reached $820 with 20 more hours to go.

Pre-order are even above $1000....

crazy!

I thought that Walmart had upgraded their websites to be robot proof... but I can't vouch for it, because I have never purchased anything from Walmart online.

ScottyDubs77-p #6 Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20356 battles

View PostN6X507-p, on 12 November 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

I am not going to buy from a scalper, they can keep the consoles as far as I am concerned. There is already one on auction that has reached $820 with 20 more hours to go.

Pre-order are even above $1000....

crazy!

I thought that Walmart had upgraded their websites to be robot proof... but I can't vouch for it, because I have never purchased anything from Walmart online.

me either, I’m gonna give it a shot, have the app on my phone and a link ready to refresh me to the page, I’m not holding any real hope of getting it and I don’t really care because there’s really nothing releasing right now that I care about playing

N6X507-p #7 Posted 12 November 2020 - 04:01 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostScottyDubs77-p, on 12 November 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

me either, I’m gonna give it a shot, have the app on my phone and a link ready to refresh me to the page, I’m not holding any real hope of getting it and I don’t really care because there’s really nothing releasing right now that I care about playing

-"There's really nothing releasing right now that I care about playing;"

Very true!

However I am certain there is a lot of add-ons and improvements which we don't know about because of the secretive nature of these companies building up anticipation for their expected or non expected releases...

There is no way WG is not working on taking advantage of the new systems. It is a matter of not falling backward with regards to the competition. It is not going to happen overnight, but it is a given.

As an aside, I was at Costco this morning, and there was a lady looking for a new Xbox X series to purchase...

Tempest fox3-x #8 Posted 12 November 2020 - 04:33 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24238 battles
  • [JOCO]
I am finding the Sony release [edited]show somewhat amusing.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

RAGNAR0K N ROLL-x #9 Posted 12 November 2020 - 04:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20766 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostN6X507-p, on 12 November 2020 - 10:01 AM, said:

-"There's really nothing releasing right now that I care about playing;"

Very true!

However I am certain there is a lot of add-ons and improvements which we don't know about because of the secretive nature of these companies building up anticipation for their expected or non expected releases...

There is no way WG is not working on taking advantage of the new systems. It is a matter of not falling backward with regards to the competition. It is not going to happen overnight, but it is a given.

As an aside, I was at Costco this morning, and there was a lady looking for a new Xbox X series to purchase...

I'm sure everyone is working to make things updated for the new consoles WG included of course but really I've tried to see what launch titles are available for either the Series X or PS5 and really nothing trips my triggers. My X1X that just recently got serviced does everything I want at the moment and while it might be nice to have the latest/greatest just for the cool factor; if I can already play the games I like in very nice quality why spend another 500.00 just to move ahead and deal with more early adopter problems? I get the thrill of being the "first guy" with one and all but seriously these areant like the NES/SNES classics tha were limited in availability they're next gen consoles and will be around for years to come.

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

N6X507-p #10 Posted 12 November 2020 - 05:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

Talking about frustration...

I arrived all the way to place order, and the transaction failed on "out of stock"...

One would have thought once the item was in your cart, you had a certain time to complete the transaction, but apparently not...

Its my fault for not having an account at Walmart already. I lost time to enter my particulars with the server being overwhelmed.

Edited by N6X507-p, 12 November 2020 - 05:12 PM.

N6X507-p #11 Posted 12 November 2020 - 08:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

Second attempt at 3:00 pm.

This time, I did not get to the "place order" button, as the servers where completely saturated. Something scary happened. When the delivery address refreshed, that should have been directly pulled from my account, it was someone else's name and address in California...

I imagine that due to the traffic, this happened.

Scary!

I expect the two later times to be even more complicated.

kingrich06-x #12 Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:48 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72415 battles

Just picked up my pre order from 6 weeks ago. I am not sure to open and ultimately using as a blu ray player or a 4k streaming console for disney like my Ps4. I am not a big PS fan. I probably going to sell to someone who really really wants. My cc just got charged for my Xbox preorder so it will probably show up tomorrow....I can't wait for that, and for sure that one is being opened...woohoo early xmas!!

72 of 74 Tier X's All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/done.. need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done

GOAL: Have every TechTree & Premium tank. Tanks in the garage223 GOLD+439 TT=TOTAL: 662

N6X507-p #13 Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

They say third time is a charm, but as it turns out, it got even worse. I did not even get to put anything in the cart.

This third time felt like a DDoS more than anything. It is quite clear that Walmart online system is not rigged to face such a demand. Still some people must have gotten lucky since it lasted for a 5 minutes and then I got the "out of stock" pop up.

If hot tickets are going to be sold on line in the future, I would suggest they use the same system as the Houston Rodeo to sell tickets on line, to prevent servers' overload. It is like Sony did a little bit, with a queuing system. But unlike Sony, once you are admitted in the queue, you are guaranteed to get a ticket. The queuing system only prevents a massive surge of requests at the same time, paralyzing transactions.

N6X507-p #14 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postkingrich06-x, on 12 November 2020 - 11:48 PM, said:

Just picked up my pre order from 6 weeks ago. I am not sure to open and ultimately using as a blu ray player or a 4k streaming console for disney like my Ps4. I am not a big PS fan. I probably going to sell to someone who really really wants. My cc just got charged for my Xbox preorder so it will probably show up tomorrow....I can't wait for that, and for sure that one is being opened...woohoo early xmas!!

You should put it on eBay. The one that appeared this morning is already at $1,225 with 22 hours left to bid on the auction....

There are plenty others now being auctioned, I can predict that you will possibly make up to 500% of your original spending.

Mr Flak Yau-x #15 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28951 battles

Trying to find a Xbox or a PS on release is like looking for a needle in a haystack

kingrich06-x #16 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:29 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72415 battles

View PostMr Flak Yau-x, on 12 November 2020 - 07:21 PM, said:

Trying to find a Xbox or a PS on release is like looking for a needle in a haystack

or simply going to all those stores a couple of months in advance and put preorders ....  It sucked to have to put the full price on CC for both consoles but the upside is that I actually got one and the other is on its way for tomorrow or the next day delivery =)

managed two needles found in that big haystack =P

72 of 74 Tier X's All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/done.. need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done

GOAL: Have every TechTree & Premium tank. Tanks in the garage223 GOLD+439 TT=TOTAL: 662

Mr Flak Yau-x #17 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28951 battles

View Postkingrich06-x, on 12 November 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

or simply going to all those stores a couple of months in advance and put preorders ....  It sucked to have to put the full price on CC for both consoles but the upside is that I actually got one and the other is on its way for tomorrow or the next day delivery =)

managed two needles found in that big haystack =P

I'm glad you got yours.  But not everyone got 500 bucks to drop on a preorder on 5 different stores. 

People are greedy , they bought all the Xbox on release and resell them for 1,000 bucks on Amazon and Craigslist

Now everyone has to wait until all this retail restock.

kingrich06-x #18 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:42 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72415 battles

View PostMr Flak Yau-x, on 12 November 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'm glad you got yours.  But not everyone got 500 bucks to drop on a preorder on 5 different stores. 

People are greedy , they bought all the Xbox on release and resell them for 1,000 bucks on Amazon and Craigslist

Now everyone has to wait until all this retail restock.

I bought the xbox for myself and the PS for my sisterinlaws teen brother....  now that people are saying how PS screwed preorders etc, I may have to screw over the kid and see if I can make some cash.. 

I heard some people were using bots and stuff like that to order all the stock of every console on the online chain stores, that's why it was impossible to get online preorders in..  

I had to physically go into the store and make the preorders over 6 weeks ago when they were accepting preorders and even that was a pain in the butt....

FusionStar287-x #19 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:53 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 22381 battles
  • [JOCO]
I don't think I've ever bought a console on release day except for the Switch (and that was mostly for BOTW). I just don't see the point in it unless there happens to be a game you really want launching for that console exclusively the same day.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Mr Flak Yau-x #20 Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28951 battles

View Postkingrich06-x, on 12 November 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

I bought the xbox for myself and the PS for my sisterinlaws teen brother....  now that people are saying how PS screwed preorders etc, I may have to screw over the kid and see if I can make some cash.. 

I heard some people were using bots and stuff like that to order all the stock of every console on the online chain stores, that's why it was impossible to get online preorders in..  

I had to physically go into the store and make the preorders over 6 weeks ago when they were accepting preorders and even that was a pain in the butt....

It's all good, i just gotta be patient.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users