Anyone managed to snatch a PS5 online this morning?

PS5

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

N6X507-p #21 Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:35 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postkingrich06-x, on 13 November 2020 - 12:29 AM, said:

or simply going to all those stores a couple of months in advance and put preorders ....  It sucked to have to put the full price on CC for both consoles but the upside is that I actually got one and the other is on its way for tomorrow or the next day delivery =)

managed two needles found in that big haystack =P

I am not sure how you managed to pre-order by going to the store ahead of the pre-order campaign, that exclusively happened online, and in the PS5 case, it was botched up because the retailers opened the pre-order one day before the official date.

And since you asked, I did go to BB before the pre-order campaign, and asked if there was anyway to secure one. The answer was everything would happen from the website.

But I am ok not getting one on launch date. Hey, I tried. If it had worked, fine. It did not, I am good the same. There are certainly more important matters to be disappointed with at the moment.

kingrich06-x #22 Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:37 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72656 battles

View PostMr Flak Yau-x, on 12 November 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

It's all good, i just gotta be patient.

just like fusion said, there is no point on getting first day release consoles...  I guess I got spoiled by Microsoft when they sent me the X One for FREE on Nov 22, 2013 along with tons of goodies and the same weekend i got to play Forza in the Microsoft sim which was in an actual full size  formula one car.... it felt like disney world for a few minutes.

72 of 74 Tier X's All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/done.. need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done

GOAL: Have every TechTree & Premium tank. Tanks in the garage226 GOLD+439 TT=TOTAL: 665

Mr Flak Yau-x #23 Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28951 battles

View PostN6X507-p, on 12 November 2020 - 05:35 PM, said:

I am not sure how you managed to pre-order by going to the store ahead of the pre-order campaign, that exclusively happened online, and in the PS5 case, it was botched up because the retailers opened the pre-order one day before the official date.

And since you asked, I did go to BB before the pre-order campaign, and asked if there was anyway to secure one. The answer was everything would happen from the website.

But I am ok not getting one on launch date. Hey, I tried. If it had worked, fine. It did not, I am good the same. There are certainly more important matters to be disappointed with at the moment.

I called my local Gamestop and they said there waiting for Microsoft to ship them more. 

Bestbuy I called and no answer. LOL 

Mr Flak Yau-x #24 Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28951 battles

View Postkingrich06-x, on 12 November 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

just like fusion said, there is no point on getting first day release consoles...  I guess I got spoiled by Microsoft when they sent me the X One for FREE on Nov 22, 2013 along with tons of goodies and the same weekend i got to play Forza in the Microsoft sim which was in an actual full size  formula one car.... it felt like disney world for a few minutes.

Yeah, plus in a week all this will go away. 

kingrich06-x #25 Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:58 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72656 battles

View PostMr Flak Yau-x, on 12 November 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

Yeah, plus in a week all this will go away. 

maybe it will go away for the xbox hype but the way playstation has screwed with the retailers regarding the shortage of ps5, it may get worse.

72 of 74 Tier X's All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/done.. need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done

GOAL: Have every TechTree & Premium tank. Tanks in the garage226 GOLD+439 TT=TOTAL: 665

CheetohLips-x #26 Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20473 battles
Hey all
I’m selling my like-new PS5 
Highest end tech, just in time for the holidays
$950- serious buyers only - PM me

Attached Thumbnails

kingrich06-x #27 Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:36 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72656 battles

View PostN6X507-p, on 12 November 2020 - 08:35 PM, said:

while everyone was busy going to eb games I went to the source and pre ordered there lol.   as for the preorder date, it was that same date of the first preorder day which was about 6 weeks ago (not months typo) 

like i said the stores had a preorder date set and too many people were lined up at the obvious places.

P6X330-p #28 Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:32 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 19111 battles
  • [AMXS]

Here's a summary of my experience with the exclusive "online" purchase on the official launch day of the Sony PS5, November 12th, 2020;

From a lambda customer's point of view, I would say it was disappointing, and whoever at Sony managed the event should be trying to learn for the future.

The best example to follow that I know of, is what the Houston Live Stock and Rodeo show does to sell their tickets. Since I live in Houston, they have improved their system a lot, to try to prevent show tickets to be purchased exclusively for resale purpose.

You have a wait lobby which is like queuing in a line, making it possible to evaluate how much more time you need before you get to the ticket. It works very well, because the servers are not suddenly overwhelmed by client calls.

Sony had something similar working on the 12th, a service provided by Queue It. You got into a queue, and you could see a wait bar filling to reflect your queuing time. Unfortunately, they ran out of hardware before I could get to the front.

The only other retailer that seemed to have consoles for sale was Walmart. I liked that they spread the sales over time, to give a chance to everyone to log in. Unfortunately, they did not have the server capacity to face the number of demands. On my side, excepted for the 9:00 am attempt, I never even got to open my cart to check out and to place the order.

I don't know what made the difference.

My 9:00 o'clock attempt should have succeeded, but failed because unlike other retailers, even if you have merchandise in your cart, your purchase is only secured once you "place the order". Because the server responses were timing out, when I finally got to the "Place your order" button, the item that was in my cart became out of stock.

In my mind, this is wrong. I had the PS5 in my cart, and I was attempting to close the transaction, but could not on no fault on my own. In situations like this one, you should have a grace period to make the purchase. This is standard procedure on most of the websites, such as when you purchase plane tickets.

If future consoles are going to be sold exclusively online, in limited quantities, and if expecting a large interest, retailers have to use a third party provider such as "Queue It", to avoid stalling all their own server traffic.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

S0LTEN-x #29 Posted 13 November 2020 - 06:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16587 battles

Managed to snatch the digital edition:

Pit Friend-x #30 Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 37692 battles
  • [PTATO]
Seriously though, has ANY new console launch since the 360 days not been somehow screwed up and mishandled by the company making the console?

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

BrogueOne-p #31 Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:44 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 25917 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostPit Friend-x, on 14 November 2020 - 12:02 AM, said:

Seriously though, has ANY new console launch since the 360 days not been somehow screwed up and mishandled by the company making the console?

Everyone forgets once supply becomes adequate.   Some other food for thought though is that PS5 has not yet released in Europe.... XB already had their launch woes and now moving forward... but Sony has a second launch next week so it can continue to frustrate and piss off more gamers.

RadiantPup27709-x #32 Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29991 battles

View PostN6X507-p, on 12 November 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

You should put it on eBay. The one that appeared this morning is already at $1,225 with 22 hours left to bid on the auction....

There are plenty others now being auctioned, I can predict that you will possibly make up to 500% of your original spending.

I sold 2 PS5's on ebay this week and made a great profit. If I had more money I could've grabbed a couple more when they screwed up the preorders, but 3 is all I could afford at the time.

RadiantPup27709-x #33 Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29991 battles

View PostS0LTEN-x, on 13 November 2020 - 02:11 PM, said:

Managed to snatch the digital edition:

Lol!:great:

GroomingChief65-x #34 Posted 14 November 2020 - 01:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10524 battles

No luck here, I tried Walmart's website, I was working on Thursday but managed to sneak away at noon and 3pm for a few minutes to try.  Both times I was very close.  I had a couple of PS5s in the cart, then it asked me to type in my security code for the credit card (unexpected at this point since all of my cc info was already saved)  I did that though and thought I was home free, then as a final step it asked me to checkmark one of those captcha things. 

At that point it hung for a while and eventually said it was sold out. Oh well, I didn't really plan to get one this early anyway so no big deal. I probably would've listed them on ebay for now and got one for myself in 3-6 months.

N6X507-p #35 Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostGroomingChief65-x, on 14 November 2020 - 01:12 PM, said:

No luck here, I tried Walmart's website, I was working on Thursday but managed to sneak away at noon and 3pm for a few minutes to try.  Both times I was very close.  I had a couple of PS5s in the cart, then it asked me to type in my security code for the credit card (unexpected at this point since all of my cc info was already saved)  I did that though and thought I was home free, then as a final step it asked me to checkmark one of those captcha things. 

At that point it hung for a while and eventually said it was sold out. Oh well, I didn't really plan to get one this early anyway so no big deal. I probably would've listed them on ebay for now and got one for myself in 3-6 months.

My experience was very similar to the one you described here. But only for the 9:00 am attempt.

All the successive ones did not get me further than putting one in my cart.

My only gripe, is that part of these sold consoles end up with people that are only interested in reselling. 

Sony probably makes very little, if anything on the hardware. The profit comes with the players playing, subscribing, purchasing through the stores.

They know it is completely impossible to have enough consoles at the launch, given the interest. Furthermore this year with the pandemic that slowed down manufacturing.

I initially thought they were going to favor the players, when they inquired through the player base, to register in a "pre-order" scheme. But that turned out to nothing.

I don't think they were just gauging the interest. I presume they got scared by the sheer number of registration, knew they would not be able to fulfill them, and possibly returned to a different spread. Or maybe it was a technical problem, since Sony was not the only reseller.

Whatever the case may have been, we are now left to wonder when the next batch of consoles will surface. Most likely in time for Christmas, but again, I predict the quantity will not be large enough to satisfy the demand.

My guess, is the first batch may have been around in the hundredth of thousand. One month to ship and distribute, although distribution is faster, since it only goes to one warehouse. No stock at the reseller store.

The second batch is already sailing, and it will be again in the hundredth, although inferior in quantity to the first. I am hoping Amazon.com will get some. They are probably the only store with enough computer power to handle an interest of that magnitude.

But Amazon is less likely to get more than the other resellers, such as Walmart, Best Buy, and the Gaming outfits.

N6X507-p #36 Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 14 November 2020 - 12:44 AM, said:

Everyone forgets once supply becomes adequate.   Some other food for thought though is that PS5 has not yet released in Europe.... XB already had their launch woes and now moving forward... but Sony has a second launch next week so it can continue to frustrate and piss off more gamers.

There was apparently one for sale on eBay UK for 7000 GBP..... I saw the screen capture. I guess someone that got one in the US thought about diversifying the market....

Bloodhound IV-x #37 Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25611 battles
My brother managed to snag one by having alerts on his phone and jumping on it at 6 in the morning. He was set up at Best Buy , GameStop, Target, Amazon. I on the other hand am trying for the X haphazardly.

P6X330-p #38 Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:32 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 19111 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostBloodhound IV-x, on 14 November 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

My brother managed to snag one by having alerts on his phone and jumping on it at 6 in the morning. He was set up at Best Buy , GameStop, Target, Amazon. I on the other hand am trying for the X haphazardly.

Not having an account setup at Walmart is probably the reason why I could not get one at the 09:00 am session. I did not realize that for Walmart, the transaction is only closed when you hit the "place order" button. After I had one in my cart, I had to enter all my details for a check out without an account. And when I finally hit the "place order", I got an "out of stock" pop up. I checked the store's rules after that, and it is clearly stipulated that you only purchase at the time you place the order.

I was feeling safe because I had the item in my cart.

I have now created accounts at all usual stores, but too late...

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

ScottyDubs77-p #39 Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20365 battles
I originally got ps for bloodbourne and haven’t touched my Xbox since, bloodbourne was that good

kingrich06-x #40 Posted 14 November 2020 - 11:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72656 battles

LOL my PS5's brother just came in today.  Preorder came in... now the hard part, which one to open!!   I am leaning towards the XBox series S and probably gifting the PS5 to sister in laws teen brother.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users