PS5;

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

N6X507-p #1 Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

For those of you who never heard of it, here is the saga definition.

There is an article in Engadget, that Amazon UK is investigating alleged PS5 orders switch...

So it seems that even if you have been lucky enough to secure one of the rare new consoles, you may not get it because it gets replaced by something else along the delivery line...

I have had Amazon US orders confirmed as delivered, and missing at my front door. But nowadays, they take a picture of the package delivered. It is not perfect, but I have a unique door mat, so I can always tell.

But if they replace the contents of the delivery box, then it gets tricky. How are you going to prove that the PS5 was never there in the first place?

Bibo1GerUk-x #2 Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30279 battles

With high value items use your smartphone to film the condition of the packaging and the opening the box and the contents.

At least then you have some evidence of what you received. File a ticket with the vendor's support and possibly go to the police to file a report for theft.

Edited by Bibo1GerUk-x, 21 November 2020 - 09:28 PM.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

StockrA-p #3 Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27292 battles
If the packaging looks like it's been fudged with refuse delivery, and state not to leave it. When I've had stuff delivered, they was taking the picture once the door was open.   

kingrich06-x #4 Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:08 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72656 battles

THis switch thing is an inside job,  and the courier deliverer will blame the recipient, stating that they did driver the correct parcel when in fact they did the switch already.  

I receive packages on a daily basis from Amazon, Ebay, Wal-Mart and ther big name stores and even from private individuals.  I try to limit the deliveries left on my doorstep.

I would suggest you do the following when purchasing a big tick item or even everyday items. 

Put a big printed sign at the window of your door so the mailman or delivery guy can see

PLEASE DO NOT SAFE DROP OR LEAVE AT THE DOOR.  

PLEASE CALL THE # ON PACKAGE AND WE PICK UP THE PARCEL AT DEPOT AND LEAVE PICK UP RECEIPT.

UPS/FedEx/USPS (CANPost) DHL and even Amazon subcontracted delivery will not leave it at the door when they see this but sometimes they will simply just leave the package on your front step.

When placing an order or giving instructions to person or company sending you stuff

a) I always put in return address company or second line (PLEASE DO NOT SAFE DROP)

b) always check off the option to not safe drop if no one answers door

c) always pay for tracking, insurance and signature(if high ticket item)

d) always put a note to delivery person to NOT SAFE DROP

there is just so much you can do when you have minimum wage sub contracted delivery people ie Amazon or local courier service, they get paid on how many parcels they deliver and will always leave the package at your door no matter what your big sign says or what your delivery notes says.. they do not want to make another trip back to your location the day after.

72 of 74 Tier X's All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/done.. need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done

GOAL: Have every TechTree & Premium tank. Tanks in the garage226 GOLD+439 TT=TOTAL: 665

Also tagged with PS5;

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users