Less SPG Suicides and Light tank YOLOers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

kingrich06-x #1 Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:32 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72406 battles

With the Arty/Lights Event it has made arty drivers want to get more damage thus reducing the number of SPG drowning themselves in the the lake or falling off the bridges or cliffs when they are the last one standing on their team.  There are more SPG who will back themselves into a corner and try to get that last shotgun kill or ram to get that last few HP damage.

The same would go for the light tanks,  with the emphasis on staying alive longer to get as much damage and spot assists, this Event has made most light tanks less prone to running to front line and getting killed almost right from the startt

Has anyone else noticed the arty suicides and drownings are less since this event has started?  Less yoloing light tanks?  There has been the odd arty suicide and a few yoloing lights but not as much since the event.

72 of 74 Tier X's All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/done.. need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done

GOAL: Have every TechTree & Premium tank. Tanks in the garage223 GOLD+439 TT=TOTAL: 662

Tempest fox3-x #2 Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:50 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24238 battles
  • [JOCO]
I doubt there are enough people participating in the event to have any significant impact. It was only advertised here on the wot website after all.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

SPUK4U-p #3 Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15734 battles

View Postkingrich06-x, on 22 November 2020 - 03:32 AM, said:

With the Arty/Lights Event it has made arty drivers want to get more damage thus reducing the number of SPG drowning themselves in the the lake or falling off the bridges or cliffs when they are the last one standing on their team.  There are more SPG who will back themselves into a corner and try to get that last shotgun kill or ram to get that last few HP damage.

The same would go for the light tanks,  with the emphasis on staying alive longer to get as much damage and spot assists, this Event has made most light tanks less prone to running to front line and getting killed almost right from the startt

Has anyone else noticed the arty suicides and drownings are less since this event has started?  Less yoloing light tanks?  There has been the odd arty suicide and a few yoloing lights but not as much since the event.

I have not noticed difference in suicides tank or arty, they were not so common in battles that I had maybe 1 out of 100  battles that I saw ones that were clearly suicides and not possible accidents when cornered tank tries to flee.  What I have noticed is that light tanks really play better, less yolo and more spotting and staying alive.   I hope WG learns from this event and adjusts light tanks spotting damage so that it gets what it deserves from target only arty can shoot.  

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

kingrich06-x #4 Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:20 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72406 battles

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 22 November 2020 - 03:50 AM, said:

I doubt there are enough people participating in the event to have any significant impact. It was only advertised here on the wot website after all.

I always get an email stating upcoming events and news(most of the time its ignored lol like all other junkmail).... not sure if I signed up to it... with this said, I am sure every account holder gets a heads up regarding these events.

not sure if you can even signup once the event starts... if so this may also explain how many of the SPG/Lights are playing "slightly better" as per first post

72 of 74 Tier X's All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/done.. need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done

GOAL: Have every TechTree & Premium tank. Tanks in the garage223 GOLD+439 TT=TOTAL: 662

DrHorrible4Life-x #5 Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:24 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17364 battles
No.  I noticed there were no arty in ranked and played that instead.  

GrumpyBoomer438-x #6 Posted Yesterday, 05:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24434 battles
..and I missed there was one entirely, tho I noticed we were suddenly seeing 3 arty a side recently?
I may be a Grumpy Scrub, but I am getting better! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users