blue or red tank purchased, disappointed or not disappointed

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

SightlessRogue0-x #1 Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24127 battles

For those who bought a few, which ones and were you disappointed or not with your purchase?

Crimson

-Hydra: Bought a year ago, it corresponds to my style of play (or else I adapted to it ???), not disappointed by it after 1300 games in 1 year, for me it is the best heavy of the level 8.

-Ragnarock: Purchased last week. Lots of difficulty with him at first, for starters I'm not a lover of ammunition clips. But gradually I get used to it and it gives me back, often in first position in the team standings. 31 games so far, I think the number of games should increase rapidly.

Blue

-Demolisher: Bought one years ago, completely unpredictable, capable of the worst as well as the best, the sides are in wet cardboard. Disappointed with him, I expected better, 77 games.

-Eradicator: Bought last week. Those I had encountered with my Hydra over the past year left me with the impression that it was a soft target and no teeth ... much like the paladin. But since I didn't have a level 8 British heavy ... why not ... I bought it because of the bonuses and the fact that it's a rare tank. I tried it in 5 games and I like it a lot more than the T32 proto, really not disappointed with it!

In short, out of 4 tanks, I am satisfied with 3 of them.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

LargoGinganinja-x #2 Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36920 battles
  • [CLGUY]
Ragnorock is just insane when it is top tier and capable of handling teir 10s . I struggle with my eradicator as it is great top tier it struggles with tier 10s because it does not have the mobility so if you get in a bad spot you're finished and you are a massive target for arty. There the only two I have and got them in the sale at 20% off but definitely worth the price as I had the gold built up from ranked GM rewards.

3 Marked

Light Tanks - M7,Leopard,T21,Stinger,Becky Lynch Senlac,vk28.01

Medium Tanks - Pz 4 H,Pz 3/4,Sherman 3,Crusader,Renault G1,Skoda t24,E8 sherman, E2 sherman,P43,Cromwell,P43 bis,comet,p43 ter,T-44,firefly

Heavy Tanks - Churchill 1, Churchill 7,ARL 44

MtMCfreitl-p #3 Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:48 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9631 battles
  • [X-WIN]

Bought the Ragnarok last year and it is my tank to go on T8 beside my Draugen. I do pretty good in it and I think it is a very powerful tank.

Bought the Hydra this year...haven't played it much yet, but it is a good performing heavy and I like it.

Also got the Minotour...and I had also fun with it....bouncing a lot of shots, also on T10 :trollface:....It's a Meme and you can't take it serious, but platooned with a Lowe it can be powerful, no matter which tier you're facing.

CostlessSun07-x #4 Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34524 battles

Ragnarok purchase and I am satisfied with purchase.  Pretty much is what I expected.  If anything I am a little surprised that it can pen tier IX and X sos easily.  Unfortunately, it does seem to find bottom tier frequently like most tier VIII's.  

I have been playing it once a day.  No real big games with it yet.  Still, it is a silver factory.

animatethant-x #5 Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 92599 battles

great topic. 

I only have the Rag and it's a good to very good tank, depending on player. You can get yourself into alot of trouble with that tank if you overplay it. 

I declined to get the hydra although i'm sure it would have been fine. 

haven't bothered with the others. 

SirDerp-a-lot-p #6 Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 65886 battles
  • [EPOS]
Ragnarok is the only red or blue tank I own. I'm a bit disappointed, mainly because my expectations were high. The lack of gun depression is annoying, even though I usually don't mind that as much.

M4ntiX-x #7 Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38503 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSirDerp-a-lot-p, on 22 November 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Ragnarok is the only red or blue tank I own. I'm a bit disappointed, mainly because my expectations were high. The lack of gun depression is annoying, even though I usually don't mind that as much.

As per usual, your post couldn't be farther from the truth. Ragnarok has 8 degrees of gun depression. That's phenomenal given the platform it is based on and is enough to comfortably play on any map.

I own Earthshaker and Ragnarok. I like them both. Earthshaker packs a punch and has the HESH meme rounds,  Ragnarok is a game carry machine no matter the matchmaking.

Edit: For some reason I got Earthshaker confused with Eradicator. Lol. Now fixed.

Current game frustration level: ██████▒▒▒▒  60%

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

Joco3000-x #8 Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28745 battles
  • [JOCO]
I have all of the Blue tanks and The Ragnorok.

Of these, I'd say that the only must-buy is the Ragnorok. It is truly a monster, and quite a fun one to play as well.
As for the Blue tanks, the Earthshaker and Eradicator are both good tanks. The former is outclassed by the Draugen, and the latter by the Caernarvon AX. However, you cannot go wrong with either.
The Demolisher is awful though. Truly terrible.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Perfect Dark 51-x #9 Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25181 battles

Ragnarok I had when it first showed up and its a great tank.

Hydra is pretty damn fun and its nice to have an IS-6 that doesn't struggle to pen some same tier heavies.

Minotaur is alright but the armor profile is still pretty bad. 

Eradicator is pretty fun if you like the centurion style tanks.

kingrich06-x #10 Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:41 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72415 battles

Just bought the Blue Pack, have yet to play a match.... can't wait to play the three but disappointed on the reviews of the Demolisher on the forums, so I will not have high hopes for that TD... but will surely enjoy using the +75% crew training on the other two blue tanks.

I bought the crimson pack a two weeks ago and surely loving the Ragnarok 26 matches, good percentage of those matches was low tier but managed to do pretty decent.  Hydra on 14 matches, didn't do so well, even being same or high tier.  Minotaur had only 2 matches but since I have the Gorynchm, KV5, i knew this was a decent tank which bounched alot of shells.  overall, liked the +75 silver making capabilities of all 3 tanks made at least 75k-200k+ even on losing matches...  

72 of 74 Tier X's All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/done.. need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done

GOAL: Have every TechTree & Premium tank. Tanks in the garage223 GOLD+439 TT=TOTAL: 662

WrathJ83-x #11 Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26242 battles

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 22 November 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

As per usual, your post couldn't be farther from the truth. Ragnarok has 8 degrees of gun depression. That's phenomenal given the platform it is based on and is enough to comfortably play on any map.

I own Eradicator and Ragnarok. I like them both. Eradicator packs a punch and has the HESH meme rounds,  Ragnarok is a game carry machine no matter the matchmaking.

You mean Earthshaker as the Eradicator is the Caernarvon with the autoloading 32 pounder. Not good HESH there.

f1mitku-p #12 Posted Yesterday, 12:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56946 battles

I have the red KV-5 from before. Only few real MP battles during the year. Not too bad. But (compared to the Gory KV-5) - the marginally buffed armor and some better pen don’t worth at all the lower RoF and DpM plus the “honor” to play mostly at T-X where this armor is basically useless. Otherwise it was good for occasional WS relaxing battle. But even the WS goes to the bin soon I think.

Last weeks bought both the red and the blue 3-tanks bundles. So now I have them all... to collect dust. Still not played. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Gallant Prime-x #13 Posted Yesterday, 04:28 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 51750 battles
  • [47R]

In general, I would say the Demolisher is a bit underwhelming to play.  Not terrible, but the other two Blue tanks are just more fun and would even say the T34 Black is more fun. 

For the Ragnarok I just have not seen the amazing silver earnings I expected.  Not had bad games, not amazing games I guess but 80-100k in silver and I don't think I have been firing premium.  Enjoy it for the crew training and grateful to have it though.     

Kontraktniki-x #14 Posted Yesterday, 04:37 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6713 battles
Recently returned to the game after some years away, promptly bought a Ragnarok and then the Eradicator as I heard so many good things about both and they looked fun. I’m definitely not good enough to play either to the best of their capabilities, but I’ve done well in both often enough and enjoy them greatly. Very satisfied with both purchases.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users