To the Playstation Players....

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Cobravert-x #1 Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30693 battles
  • [WKPLC]

This isn't a console war rant, but since having the 2 systems merge and the subsequent learning curve we've all had to undergo from it I have seen a lot of disruptive console bashing of one system's players vs the other and vice versa.

Though through my own experience the past month, I have noticed a trend.

Since we can not send messages across systems, I want to tell some of the PS players that I have been teamed with "Thank you for playing like a team mate, for covering me, for flanking with me, for team firing, for team attacking when the situations presented themselves." I have seen and experienced this multiple times in the past couple of months.

I send messages to Xbox players when they do the same, but I can't PS players. Unfortunately those who have played in such a way likely never darken this forums doorway....

DrHorrible4Life-x #2 Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:00 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17535 battles
I was playing ranked battles on EU this weekend because I had a lot of early playtime, and I had quite a few matches where I wished I could have messaged a PS teammate to compliment the gameplay.  From working with me to flat out carrying, there were plenty of PS players I owe a "GG" to.

Tempest fox3-x #3 Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24595 battles
  • [JOCO]
I dunno if it's a side effect of the PS 'meta' being incorporated into Xbox but certain maps are just played incorrectly every time now.

Sand river for example, north spawn players just go into the dunes and sit there. Likewise mountain pass south spawn players have started going down the river road for some reason.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

SPUK4U-p #4 Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16475 battles

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 25 November 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

I dunno if it's a side effect of the PS 'meta' being incorporated into Xbox but certain maps are just played incorrectly every time now.

Sand river for example, north spawn players just go into the dunes and sit there. Likewise mountain pass south spawn players have started going down the river road for some reason.

Why is that incorrect way to play the map?   

"Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?" - Six Sigma 

M4ntiX-x #5 Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39067 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSPUK4U-p, on 25 November 2020 - 06:42 PM, said:

Because it ends up being a loss.

RIP WOTC December 15, 2020 

Current game frustration level: ███████████  110% I quit.

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

DrHorrible4Life-x #6 Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17535 battles

View PostSPUK4U-p, on 25 November 2020 - 06:42 PM, said:

It's downhill on an extreme flank on terrible terrain with no cover and no strategic value.  If you win that flank, you're probably still too late to get back to defend, have to cross a killzone where hulldown tanks on the bridge can shoot your sides to advance, and it's uphill both ways to go anywhere.

Generally, it's like swamp on Lakeville.  It's where bad players go to trade shots with other bad players while their teammates decide the outcome of the game.  And just like the swamp on Lakeville, the 1 time in 50 that it worked was all bad players remember.

SPUK4U-p #7 Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16475 battles

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 25 November 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

It makes sense that losing team has somehow played map incorrectly.  It's still hard to say what is the correct way to play the map as there is 15 players in the team without leader and common communication.  I's like a miniature collective experiments where group of strangers are just trying to figure out what others do and what they are expected to do.    

"Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?" - Six Sigma 

El Materdor43-x #8 Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37974 battles

View PostDrHorrible4Life-x, on 25 November 2020 - 02:26 PM, said:

It's downhill on an extreme flank on terrible terrain with no cover and no strategic value.  If you win that flank, you're probably still too late to get back to defend, have to cross a killzone where hulldown tanks on the bridge can shoot your sides to advance, and it's uphill both ways to go anywhere.

Generally, it's like swamp on Lakeville.  It's where bad players go to trade shots with other bad players while their teammates decide the outcome of the game.  And just like the swamp on Lakeville, the 1 time in 50 that it worked was all bad players remember.

You can add the beach on Overlord to your last paragraph. Well put

Tempest fox3-x #9 Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24595 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSPUK4U-p, on 25 November 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

It makes sense that losing team has somehow played map incorrectly.  It's still hard to say what is the correct way to play the map as there is 15 players in the team without leader and common communication.  I's like a miniature collective experiments where group of strangers are just trying to figure out what others do and what they are expected to do.    

There are advantageous and disadvantageous parts of most maps. Typically you don't want to surrender the high ground without a fight or let the enemy take map control and surround you.

Some maps you can completely ignore a flank because going there to try and defend it is less advantageous than allowing the enemy to push through that region into your half of the map. Cliff is an example of this. As long as you take the middle high ground it's irrelevant whether the enemy controls the valley. If they try to push through the valley you can eviscerate them from the high ground as they push towards your cap. 

Sand river H1-K3 dunes are suboptimal. Especially if over half the team go there. Taking control of G5/6 - D6/7 region is far more important.

For mountain pass the river road is irrelevant. Going there surrenders the high ground, leaves you vulnerable to attack from the bridge and limits you to one path of attack. Going the other way maintains the high ground and gives you access to three avenues of attack including the ability to flank the river road or fire upon the turds attacking down that road from the bridge.

Some maps do just have a "correct" way to be played. Playing them any other way is just foolish.

Effective Map control is how you secure wins. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

CatSnipah-x #10 Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32908 battles
  • [BNKR]

I hesitated to say this, but now I'm done working in the garage and yard and now feel compelled to....

The last time I posted stats from my study of W/L vs which team had more PS players, I got attacked in the thread. So, I stopped providing updates on that study, although I didn't stop keeping track. 

Only thing I'll say here - and it WILL be the last time, so save the personal attacks - is that trend where the gap was closing has reversed, and its a statistically significant finding in the relationship between more PS players and increased team losses. 

That's not saying all PS players are bad, nor does one study on one relationship definitively conclude that one console is worse than the other. However, it is a statistcally-drawn metric that can't be ignored. 

That'll be the last I say regarding this topic. Argue, gnash teeth, call me a liar, I don't really care. I've seen enough to draw a conclusion and end my 4-month study. 

ThermalStone-x #11 Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38566 battles
  • [80085]

View PostCatSnipah-x, on 25 November 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

I hesitated to say this, but now I'm done working in the garage and yard and now feel compelled to....

The last time I posted stats from my study of W/L vs which team had more PS players, I got attacked in the thread. So, I stopped providing updates on that study, although I didn't stop keeping track. 

Only thing I'll say here - and it WILL be the last time, so save the personal attacks - is that trend where the gap was closing has reversed, and its a statistically significant finding in the relationship between more PS players and increased team losses. 

That's not saying all PS players are bad, nor does one study on one relationship definitively conclude that one console is worse than the other. However, it is a statistcally-drawn metric that can't be ignored. 

That'll be the last I say regarding this topic. Argue, gnash teeth, call me a liar, I don't really care. I've seen enough to draw a conclusion and end my 4-month study. 

From my own experience with ranked battles no Xbox player is purple enough to carry a team with 6 PS players.  Ugh.

I will add Malinovka Beach to the list of flanks you shouldn't go.  In general you don't want to go downhill at the beginning of a match because it's very hard to push or retreat uphill later in the match.  Gain elevation when you aren't spotted, lose elevation when spotted for a momentum boost.  

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

dzhey43-x #12 Posted 25 November 2020 - 10:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41786 battles
  • [3EBC]
That's easier to go any place unspotted several minutes, doing nothing, wait there several minutes, doing nothing again and than get smashed in 30 sec. Other way is a "no go", as there is a battle actually, and a possibility to die in 30 sec. So nothing could be changed)
Spoiler

Pit Friend-x #13 Posted 25 November 2020 - 11:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37811 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostSPUK4U-p, on 25 November 2020 - 01:42 PM, said:

Spending time and resources to take and hold a part of the map that has no strategic or even tactical value whatsoever is the wrong way to play any map. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

Turbo_RB20-p #14 Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17157 battles
  • [ODH]

I'm an Xbox fanboy, it's my main console. However, I play on ps4. What I see is that Xbox players are worse, and toxic. It's so nice that I get pushed in the open, team killed, pushed around, or just flat out have Xbox players come to my corner and get in front of me and push me backwards. It's annoying seeing so many Xbox players talk crap on psn players, yet all I see are camping and yoloing Muppets. I liked to play on psn because games lasted more than 2 minutes at tier 10. The amount of Yolo play from Xbox is embarrassing. Now, I'm not saying Xbox players are all trash. I also play on Xbox. What I'm saying is, there is a larger player base on Xbox. Meaning more bad players to fill the servers. 

My problem is that opposite console players are just flat out absolutely rude to each other. It's bad enough I have to fight 15 enemies on my own, now I need to fight my team too? 

I have a video uploaded of this exact [edited]. Just trying to corner fight in my heavy tank, and an Xbox player i guess didn't like that I was there and tried pushing me in the open. 

Edit: what's the most fun is I will run to help an Xbox team mate, only to get to them and they run away. 

Something no one understands, there are more adults that play tanks on ps4 than kids. Xbox has a lot more kids playing the game. Again, I play on both consoles although my Xbox account is free to play, don't ask, long story. 

Turbo_RB20-p #15 Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:17 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17157 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 25 November 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

If you push, no, no it doesn't. The problem is, people write off the mountains because they don't know how to push or are too scared. I push mountains every time I'm on that map and win, same with prok.

M4ntiX-x #16 Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 39067 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTurbo_RB20-p, on 26 November 2020 - 12:15 AM, said:

I'm an Xbox fanboy, it's my main console. However, I play on ps4. What I see is that Xbox players are worse, and toxic. It's so nice that I get pushed in the open, team killed, pushed around, or just flat out have Xbox players come to my corner and get in front of me and push me backwards. It's annoying seeing so many Xbox players talk crap on psn players, yet all I see are camping and yoloing Muppets. I liked to play on psn because games lasted more than 2 minutes at tier 10. The amount of Yolo play from Xbox is embarrassing. Now, I'm not saying Xbox players are all trash. I also play on Xbox. What I'm saying is, there is a larger player base on Xbox. Meaning more bad players to fill the servers. 

My problem is that opposite console players are just flat out absolutely rude to each other. It's bad enough I have to fight 15 enemies on my own, now I need to fight my team too? 

I have a video uploaded of this exact [edited]. Just trying to corner fight in my heavy tank, and an Xbox player i guess didn't like that I was there and tried pushing me in the open. 

Edit: what's the most fun is I will run to help an Xbox team mate, only to get to them and they run away. 

Something no one understands, there are more adults that play tanks on ps4 than kids. Xbox has a lot more kids playing the game. Again, I play on both consoles although my Xbox account is free to play, don't ask, long story. 

For someone who is so against players being rude to one another, you sure do talk a lot of smack. Like, a lot.

Edit: Speaking of Xbox players being worse and toxic, I guess you must be the exception that proves the rule.

RIP WOTC December 15, 2020 

Current game frustration level: ███████████  110% I quit.

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

Turbo_RB20-p #17 Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:37 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17157 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 25 November 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

For someone who is so against players being rude to one another, you sure do talk a lot of smack. Like, a lot.

Edit: Speaking of Xbox players being worse and toxic, I guess you must be the exception that proves the rule.

Please explain what part of that was rude? Don't be a snowflake bro, no one likes em. If you can't handle an adult convo, there's the door. 

I guess you didn't read all of what I said. So, you can jump to conclusions and accuse me of stuff, yet I'm the toxic one sharing my opinion? Lol, suuure buddy. 

WittyFoal468165-x #18 Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24942 battles
  • [USAV]

View PostCatSnipah-x, on 25 November 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

Turbo_RB20-p #19 Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:42 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17157 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostWittyFoal468165-x, on 25 November 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

Your oobviously been drinking writing that post, i have seen much worse Playstation players than XBOX 

Nice grammar and spelling while you accuse me of drinking. Loool. And I get called toxic for sharing a post that wasn't bad at all, hahah. Man, Xbox players proving me right. Look how upset these snowflakes get, hahahahaha.

WittyFoal468165-x #20 Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:46 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24942 battles
  • [USAV]

View PostTurbo_RB20-p, on 26 November 2020 - 12:42 AM, said:

Nice grammar and spelling while you accuse me of drinking. Loool. And I get called toxic for sharing a post that wasn't bad at all, hahah. Man, Xbox players proving me right. Look how upset these snowflakes get, hahahahaha.

Did i hurt your little fellings? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users