This is the worst update in WoT history, by a very large margin.

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

FusionStar287-x #1 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:26 PM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 22544 battles
  • [JOCO]

POPULAR

I'm just going to get straight to the point: This update is terrible. I hate saying that since I love this game and there are a few details of this update I really like (I actually like the crew, module, and equipment changes, for example), but the negatives of this update completely and totally ruin the game. The new UI, while pretty, is absolutely terrible in a ton of different ways, including (but not limited to):

• Trying to move commanders between tanks
  • Trying to equip a tank with ammo, consumables, and equipment
  • Attempting to navigate the tech tree
  • Trying to tell who's spotted in front of you and their relative location
  • Trying to tell how damaged your own tank is
  • Trying to read the map at all
  • Attempting to see how much health enemies have remaining (and if you hit them in the first place)

And so on. Of course, that's just some practical parts of the UI that's terrible, and beyond that there's details like the fact that you can't see you MOE percentage unless looking at a post battle results screen, the post battle results screen in itself is awful with much less information than before, you can accidentally play tanks without crews in them at all, you can't switch crews between other nations without spending gold (even between premiums), the upgrade system is somehow even more convoluted than packages were, and even more minor details that would take far too long to mention.

Seriously, the WWE update made the game worse, but at least it was still World of Tanks. This update takes everything bad about the WWE update and adds so, so many negatives that not only is the game vastly worse than it has ever been, but it doesn't even remotely feel like World of Tanks anymore. Simply put, this update had a few good ideas, but ultimately fixed nothing, broke everything, and has ruined the game to the point that even I (someone who tries to remain optimistic) may quit playing entirely. This update is so bad that I would have preferred True Vision, and that's a system that would also completely ruin the game. Please, please revert this update, as to be frank it would be easier to add the good changes to the previous version than it would be to fix all of the issues added with this update.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

TocFanKe4-x #2 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23162 battles
  • [GIRLS]
Did they do any testing, or get any feedback?  What kind of Yes Men do they have working in their testing program?  

WG lied about keeping special skills.  WG made my many extra trained crews useless.  WG can't expect me to support their product unless they fix this.  

Joco3000-x #3 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28990 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTocFanKe4-x, on 15 December 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

Did they do any testing, or get any feedback?  What kind of Yes Men do they have working in their testing program?  

Going by previous experience, they are remarkably good at ignoring Supertest feedback.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

craig3999-x #4 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:38 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35568 battles
  • [JOCO]
How to break a good game - update needs to be rolled back

Tempest fox3-x #5 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24595 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostJoco3000-x, on 15 December 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

Going by previous experience, they are remarkably good at ignoring Supertest feedback.

Assuming they even tested it in the first place. I remember the supertesters getting thrown under the bus by WG more than once with them saying we gave positive feedback on an update we never even got to test. 

Like that comic book filter thing. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

Lysith3a-x #6 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15519 battles
No wonder it was near-total silence pre-update. Who WOULD want to defend this with a straight face?!

I aim to misbehave

kromhout55-x #7 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 37968 battles
The big worry if they do roll back this update is will we get our old crews back or, has that file(s) been conviently deleted?

AleTieCan05-x #8 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52630 battles

View PostFusionStar287-x, on 15 December 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

I'm just going to get straight to the point: This update is terrible. I hate saying that since I love this game and there are a few details of this update I really like (I actually like the crew, module, and equipment changes, for example), but the negatives of this update completely and totally ruin the game. The new UI, while pretty, is absolutely terrible in a ton of different ways, including (but not limited to):

• Trying to move commanders between tanks
  • Trying to equip a tank with ammo, consumables, and equipment
  • Attempting to navigate the tech tree
  • Trying to tell who's spotted in front of you and their relative location
  • Trying to tell how damaged your own tank is
  • Trying to read the map at all
  • Attempting to see how much health enemies have remaining (and if you hit them in the first place)

And so on. Of course, that's just some practical parts of the UI that's terrible, and beyond that there's details like the fact that you can't see you MOE percentage unless looking at a post battle results screen, the post battle results screen in itself is awful with much less information than before, you can accidentally play tanks without crews in them at all, you can't switch crews between other nations without spending gold (even between premiums), the upgrade system is somehow even more convoluted than packages were, and even more minor details that would take far too long to mention.

Seriously, the WWE update made the game worse, but at least it was still World of Tanks. This update takes everything bad about the WWE update and adds so, so many negatives that not only is the game vastly worse than it has ever been, but it doesn't even remotely feel like World of Tanks anymore. Simply put, this update had a few good ideas, but ultimately fixed nothing, broke everything, and has ruined the game to the point that even I (someone who tries to remain optimistic) may quit playing entirely. This update is so bad that I would have preferred True Vision, and that's a system that would also completely ruin the game. Please, please revert this update, as to be frank it would be easier to add the good changes to the previous version than it would be to fix all of the issues added with this update.

Fusion ... I'm with you, 6 years of playing thrown down the toilet to have something much worse, complicated and stupid game .. I'm speechless ...

SteampunkPagan-x #9 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 100919 battles
  • [HDC-R]

Did they even test this? What a FAIL where are all my Camo Vouchers, All my Boost & well everything...Minto so far the reason you gave for not giving information "this is like a movie trailer" & "we don't want to ruin the surprise of exploring the update" all ring poorly after sitting through the 1st hour of your film & exploring & well it is so very very Bad. How this made it out of Super Test points to a fail in that program. Please revert this update ASAP. Other games have done this in the past because an update was so very bad or broken day one says this is worse than many of those. 

SPP

EDIT:

Ok now that you have released the Mobile Version of WoTConsole when can we expect the Console version?

Max, Jeff, PAIN & Minto you guys are punking us right?

I am NOT joking at all. If this is the real update & you do not announce a rollback then I simple have to say you guys FAILED. How you let this out of Super Test in the current state is shocking in NO way was this even 25% ready to "Roll Out" I now 100% understand why you refused to give any real information or show any Dev Kit gameplay during those streams...Because there is no way anyone sober or sane could defend this update without breaking down either crying or laughing.

Edited by SteampunkPagan-x, 15 December 2020 - 05:28 PM.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

CatSnipah-x #10 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32908 battles
  • [BNKR]

The most impressive element in this thread is that FusionStar actually speaks out against WG.

And I agree with most of what you said in your opening post.  

In fact, the point about this not being WoT anymore is spot-on, and a great one-line summary.  Enough said. 

GhostRider110-x #11 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33975 battles
  • [SCIT]

This update is a disappointment. 7 years of work flushed down the drain because they needed to dumb down the player base. I see Armoured Warfare... So sad.

It is not even optimised for SeriesX|S

Edited by GhostRider110-x, 15 December 2020 - 04:47 PM.

In memoriam

World of Tanks Console

15th February 2014 to 15th December 2020

WGCB fluffed downgrade 6.0

SandM9-x #12 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:47 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

Looks like someone's done looking for the silver lining

your, a day late and a dollar short

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

CatSnipah-x #13 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32908 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postkromhout55-x, on 15 December 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

The big worry if they do roll back this update is will we get our old crews back or, has that file(s) been conviently deleted?

Considering they don't know if they have to remove maps to work on them or not (they constantly change their tune on that) says it's probably gone forever.  In the trashbin of life. 

GinTonicus-x #14 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:47 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14066 battles

View PostCatSnipah-x, on 15 December 2020 - 11:44 AM, said:

The most impressive element in this thread is that FusionStar actually speaks out against WG.

In fact, the point about this not being WoT anymore is spot-on, and a great one-line summary.  Enough said. 

I agree - Fusion has always tried arguing for the playerbase to see the positive, and to see him on the verge of quitting the game should be a MASSIVE red flag to WG

SandM9-x #15 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

View PostCatSnipah-x, on 15 December 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

even funnier is you can find where he was already making the effort. So your point is doubled. He reached down inside and just couldn't find any at the bottom of the bag.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

AngryL0AF-x #16 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28014 battles
  • [10SR]

View PostSteampunkPagan-x, on 15 December 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

Did they even test this? What a FAIL where are all my Camo Vouchers, All my Boost & well everything...Minto so far the reason you gave for not giving information "this is like a movie trailer" & "we don't want to ruin the surprise of exploring the update" all ring poorly after sitting through the 1st hour of your film & exploring & well it is so very very Bad. How this made it out of Super Test points to a fail in that program. Please revert this update ASAP. Other games have done this in the past because an update was so very bad or broken day one says this is worse that many of those. 

SPP

And the movie they have delivered is Ishtar.

FusionStar287-x #17 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:53 PM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 22544 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostCatSnipah-x, on 15 December 2020 - 11:44 AM, said:

View PostSandM9-x, on 15 December 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

Looks like someone's done looking for the silver lining

your, a day late and a dollar short

View PostGinTonicus-x, on 15 December 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

I agree - Fusion has always tried arguing for the playerbase to see the positive, and to see him on the verge of quitting the game should be a MASSIVE red flag to WG

View PostSandM9-x, on 15 December 2020 - 11:49 AM, said:

even funnier is you can find where he was already making the effort. So your point is doubled. He reached down inside and just couldn't find any at the bottom of the bag.

View PostSandM9-x, on 15 December 2020 - 11:49 AM, said:

I've always tried to weigh the positives against the negatives, but when the negatives are so vast that the game isn't recognizable or even playable no amount of positives will redeem that change (even partially). The game now just feels like one of those off-brand mobile games that tries to look like World of Tanks, but when you start playing you realize it's a very cheap imitation of it. 

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

CatSnipah-x #18 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32908 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSandM9-x, on 15 December 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

Remember what I've said multiple times recently - 

Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer care.

That can be interpreted in several ways, but in this instance, I mean to imply that you shouldn't push your loyal player base to the point where you upset them beyond recovery.  All of the loyalty and fight they have FOR you will turn AGAINST you.  

That is what is happening today.  Not just with FusionStar, but his turn is significant. 

SkillfulTurtl3-x #19 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40182 battles

Why Why Why ?

I accidentally launched into battle when I was trying to look at a crew (sorry commander), had not got a clue what I was looking at.

Did damage..... no idea how much.

How do I know how many shells I have of the type not selected ?

Why has the Mini Map been moved ? Can I move it back

This might be it for me, love the game (as it was, even with its faults), but too much has been changed just for the sake of it. Not sure I want to learn all over again

SandM9-x #20 Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

View PostFusionStar287-x, on 15 December 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

I've always tried to weigh the positives against the negatives, but when the negatives are so vast that the game isn't recognizable or even playable no amount of positives will redeem that change (even partially). The game now just feels like one of those off-brand mobile games that try to look like World of Tanks, but when you start playing you realize it's a very cheap imitation of it. 

You've had on blinders for a long time. Don't mistake their removal for sudden clarity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users