Raggas' Ongoing Review of 6.0 "Sensible"

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

RaggaMuffinReap-x #1 Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34111 battles
  • [DOOMU]

1st off, keep your posts sensible. There is plenty of venting holes for you to vent in.

By all means disagree, but troll and vent somewhere else. This is also a long post, i waited a while and "brewed it"

My background, just so people know im an old-school gamer;

I have extensive experience in gaming/technology, online and offline. I saw the birth of the WWW, the 1st iterations of counter strike, red alert, lamatron and cannon fodder <<< last one was silly mean and unfair. My point is that ive been around a while, i do describe myself as a "true" gamer

I posted about 2 weeks ago il either say sorry to WG or say fairplay WG, well im not saying sorry. 

Wow guys its a Sh1t show, 10/10 for balls, 1/10 for exeqution.

Had you called it 6.0  BETA im sure the fall out would be half, you would have got your self a "do what you want and get away with it badge". Throw a bit of prem in for "testing", everbody suddenly cares less

Now we ready.

Day 1 and 2. 12am Woke to alarm, loaded tanks, went back to sleep, Woke 2 hours latter, loaded tants to front screen went back to sleep, woke about 4pm, i dont do waiting

Lets start with the ugly bits

The Major elephant in room is the spotting/vision.

For starters, friendlys disappear off your screen just like reds, No No No, this should not happen we should see health bars, names and tanks through walls.They greens, let us help them, 

As for red breaking LOS, i think they [reds] should disappear, why should you not??? 

- unless being activly/currently spotted by a green, <<< maybe good change

but red totally visiable to greens and not to me when im spotting him???? <<< this is wrong

That said im still a supporter of WG doing something new

Tanks also "dissapear" while in full view, if thier "pip" is hidden, pilsen shows it best

Another 1 is the hud, UI, SFX, ie the feed back from the gui 

I know the intent but making things ultra small on a background of fuzzy leaves <<< this is wrong, its just wrong way to go about it, il get back to the leaves latter. Requst fires are also invisable

No ribbons, ok..  im writting this after day 2, we got our damage points back

If you going to steal a 16th of the screen with my tank, then can it please be actually "my" tank , with my gun travese limit please

The 6th/targeted ping is soooooo quiet for some thing so alarming. It sounds like my driver getting a txt with his phone in pocket

When i take a bounce/hit, i really should feel/hear it MUCH more. <<< intended volume matching not working due to dolby, a setting for non surround people maybe required, or stop using the "centre" speaker for it, 

The Garage

It would lag less if it was in less of a rush to load tanks, give a half second delay to loading tanks. << a moment when a delay is better, a stop sign if you must give it a name

Premium tech tree, standard tech tree

Wow, WG, you really thought that was better??????, honest guys hire somebody that knows what they doing here. Its a different kind of "head" than game coding, a till(cashier) person / silly phone game person would nail it 1st try. << Id suggest a right stick scroll around screen with static curser in middle, play an RTS on console for "feel" of it

Its day 2, have you stopped stealing gold yet??? <<< really WG?? yet again??? Shame on you!

crew mods should have had a grace period while things settled, << 90 gold to swap out 1(9) skill with new and fluid mechanics, thats theft/tax.

Stop allowing spuds to tanks without crews, it makes half of what your trying totally moot, and while your there actually make it work "right", cause right now its "ganky" - a square peg in a round hole

Im not including minor bugs yet, im quite tired, but i will drop some good points

Graphics, upgraded. Not the full PC treatment but still quite shiney.

Ignore nay sayers on fuzzy bits on close in renderings, i know how much they save WG, its about 10% gons/flops btw.

Looking into the sun on sand river, left flank moving east. This is Frakin exquisite boys

Texture varriation worked on, abby low vill shiney, himi shiny, kasserine villages really nice

Smoke puffs, art shell dust ( cr4p rattling on tank would be nice touch ), explosions are cool

Physics are better, rocks are "workable" but not exploitable (as yet)

You messed with gun/armour thing, as well as auto aim, i think it works better

Ill post at bottom of replys for Day 3, Ragga signing off

RaggaMuffinReap-x #2 Posted 18 December 2020 - 11:18 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34111 battles
  • [DOOMU]

Raggas Reviews

6.0 Day 3 to early 4

Been playing IS, ISm, new QLin, motherland, LHMTV, bc 12t, Obj430II, sherman 3 (93%), mainly to relearn mechcanics

The micro patch changed some things, volumes are better. pad feenback still limp

It seems like the over all intent is to nuke the fish bowel. more care is needed early on, yolos are going to die hard, slow low and sneaky works really well

Range play is more prevailant, as is good spotting rewarded, battles are longer,

more of a focus towards damage reduction, 

Players are more used to it [6.0] now, a bit more aware, this is helping fluid game play,

This high pen low roll thing seems better, it matters much less if you bottom tier - its actually quite polite, all tanks seem to "beheave" right

I think the idea is to have a crew for each tank and just get on with it, id keep new optics on most tanks and black tanks remain useful

I welcome changes to WOT, keep pushing the envelope guys

I finished on a 1800dam 1200ass games in my sherman 3, many Ms this day

motherland also worked great

Edited by RaggaMuffinReap-x, 19 December 2020 - 05:39 AM.

DrHorrible4Life-x #3 Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:32 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17600 battles

Props for being objective.  What's your take on the new equipment?  Personally, I've taken the default 4th slot equipment off a few tanks (brawlers) and replaced it with a performance based piece.

I also don't use optics on very many tanks anymore because tanks spec'd for stealth seem to counter them effectively.  

I feel like there are many more options for min/maxing now.  

RaggaMuffinReap-x #4 Posted 18 December 2020 - 06:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34111 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostDrHorrible4Life-x, on 18 December 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

Props for being objective.  What's your take on the new equipment?  Personally, I've taken the default 4th slot equipment off a few tanks (brawlers) and replaced it with a performance based piece.

I also don't use optics on very many tanks anymore because tanks spec'd for stealth seem to counter them effectively.  

I feel like there are many more options for min/maxing now.  

well i quite like the armor angling+ advanced armour combo, turret grazing seems in

I think i get my IS reload, with 100mm down to about 4 seconds, - i sh1t you not, thats equips + quick loader + food

Not sure if food still gives a passive on cool down

Im also keeping the advanced targeting on my mediums,

Kontraktniki-x #5 Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:13 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7735 battles
Generally agree across the board.  While there are a litany of things I’d like changed, after 55 battles I’ve gotten used to many of the changes, but it’s also made clear the elements that I still desperately want changed back in some way like the minimap location, having enemy tank names back above them when aimed at, possibly the friendly and enemy tank colors (but honestly it’s less of an annoyance over time).  I do feel like there’s a little less obvious feedback on penetration and sale goes for when you get penned.  It’s just not always as clear when I take damage for some reason.  It’s easy to tunnel and then notice I’ve lost a third of my health (possibly just a me thing though).

Largely, it plays well and it still feels like tanks.  

Appreciate the objectivity.  Being measured and reasoned is always a superior approach.  

RaggaMuffinReap-x #6 Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:44 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34111 battles
  • [DOOMU]

Raggas' Review 6.0 

Day 4, 

Well we've had a mad couple of days, i started about 6pm, dropped a couple of posts here, made coffee, started playing tanks.

i missed 1st micro patch sleeping but was there for the other 2

ive been directly questioned about my take on equipment and crews. Today we will get to that. 

To players that have spent thousands on premiums, ££££££, booo hoooo, Honest, if you thought it would (or could) continue i laugh at you. Its about time that you realised (admited) your 25 perk crews are OP, a 20 perk crew on its way to a 25 perk crew is OP they take tanks which are OP to silly levels AND you were running in toons of 5 of them, stomping servers, letting flanks fall so you could manipulate the stats. Id much rather have a spud looking over my shoulder, a uni would let you die incase you stole "his" damage 

It had to end; 

There was no min/maxing, there was only maxing DPM, moving the same crew through OP prems, only ever going to the same brawling spots (cause a web site said so).

It was a fish bowel, circles driven. Same every battle, stagnent and stale

Is it fair to those with massive crews, ummmm???

Well its not unfair is it??? To be unfair you would imply that somebody has advantage over another, well.... this is nolonger the case, Youve still got 20something crews @9 perks, inflated (bloated) stats, more silver than ive ever had at one time,

Im there transfering crews around, deciding where i want my 3 marks and where i want to train crews, yes i could realistically swap the same crew over, but if i did that id have a 9 perk crew "not gaining xp" i think the idea is have a crew for each and play what you want, as it matters less, 3 perks will do you tier 3-8 btw, (fast loading, brothers, 6th) season pass gives 6 crews with 3perks, 130% train rate

As for WG dropping leak about crews and then the cheap black tanks - i thought that was really sly, underhanded and cheeky

To those that dont spend much that bought the blacks, i think you are quids in, fair play, 

As for the equipment and perks;

1st off the interface suk, it suk bad, no colours, just meaningless hiroglyhics <<< i do have a colour tv guys 

Equipment is sold when you have an emtpty slot, costing you even more silver.

Silver already nerfed guys <<< no nice, wait 1 week and refund "taxed" silver

90 gold to respec crew??? still?? << should be grace period while Beta in effect, not sorry to still call it a beta

i actually like the new equips, loader skill, activatable food, it gives a much more fluid play.

Although derps, arty and anything with faster fire rates can get rather silly. Accuracy gets new buffs, be VERY carefull of art 

Does anybody know if food give passive bonus while on cool down?? 

Ive faced off  a fury with like 2 second load times, my motherland is vertually an autoloader, not tried krafty yet

Is it balanced???, nope, arty is filthy accurate, big guns are also filthy accurate,  it it actually quite fun tho

Micro patch 3 Day 4

i came off about 1 hour into it so wont give opinions until ive given it a good sesh

In day 5 i think i will descuss more about the high pen, low roll mechcanic

The return of more traditional spotting, did WG genuenly not get it working "as intended" or did they "bottle it"??

as well as anything else that goes with day 5

Edited by RaggaMuffinReap-x, 19 December 2020 - 07:49 AM.

FFpriest-x #7 Posted 19 December 2020 - 10:21 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21377 battles
  • [C7CAV]
If possible, could you stop writing as you talk and check your spelling? I am interested in your comments but it is really hard to follow your train of thought. No offense intended. 

XCrUsTySoCkSX-x #8 Posted 19 December 2020 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24116 battles
  • [D12-2]
Updates is bang on my leopard 1 loves it , lost a few15 perk crews and my army of prem tanks unfortunately do not need to be played anymore however not needing a new crew for each tank now makes keeping the previous tank in the line a viable option 

M4ntiX-x #9 Posted 19 December 2020 - 12:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39067 battles
  • [JOCO]

My god op, your lack of understanding of basic game mechanics before and after 6.0 upgrade is astounding. Not to mention the complete lack of knowledge when it comes to business economics and the effects of customer loyalty and retention. "Pipool who spent dauzendss of dullars can suuk it!" Really? No! Those people kept the game alive for the past 7 years, with them gone who do you think will support this title? Leprechauns?

Reading you shlog, I am beginning to understand why this game may succeed despite of representative 92% of the population disliking the update.

RIP WOTC December 15, 2020 

Current game frustration level: ███████████  110% I quit.

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

RaggaMuffinReap-x #10 Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34111 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostFFpriest-x, on 19 December 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

If possible, could you stop writing as you talk and check your spelling? I am interested in your comments but it is really hard to follow your train of thought. No offense intended. 

Nope, im not overly skilled with written englinsh, and FRAK my lazy/bad spelling, the intent and the content is were the focus of the post is. Im writing at the end of very long testing seshes, using  xbox browser OSKB. I might do a rewrite once things a settled. Until then im blerting things down right before i sleep. Its more like an update diary

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 19 December 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

My god op, your lack of understanding of basic game mechanics before and after 6.0 upgrade is astounding. Not to mention the complete lack of knowledge when it comes to business economics and the effects of customer loyalty and retention. "Pipool who spent dauzendss of dullars can suuk it!" Really? No! Those people kept the game alive for the past 7 years, with them gone who do you think will support this title? Leprechauns?

Reading you shlog, I am beginning to understand why this game may succeed despite of representative 92% of the population disliking the update.

I was waiting for 1 of these, a vailed mini stat troll. Well i knew the game mechcanics before, and just 3*my sherman 3, i think i know them now (6.0) dont I, somebody also said i wouldnt even 2 mark my BC12-t - sorry but that was said at 84.5%, i did it that night, soooo easy (5.0). I knew the old meta and mostly refused to join the DPM party, when i stopped being "noob" i chose to bring up WR of a selected 5 spuds, not roll with other non noob people only. How many have you trained?? - sorry i know it effects your stats 2 much

As for business economics, ive pretty much got a good understanding here - test it if you want. i love the fact that the "player base" - the people here seem to put them selves "higher" in the food chain. Above in "importantance" because they spent a bit of money AND they have been running a hak that allowed them to never be racked, set on fire and such. Because 90% of time they running 10+ perks. Of course they are upset, "they" got NERFED. If the 20+ crews were just little extras fair enough, but they were OP,

If they werent OP there would be no complaint, cause the nerf wouldnt be felt sooo much. Now i ask the "fake" unis, how good are you really???

The player base is mainly spuds, these people have spent lots of money, they will continue to do so. They will also do this while not being hounded by toxic over fed trolls in toons of 5

If you read the review, it wasnt exactly glowing. 

View PostXCrUsTySoCkSX-x, on 19 December 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

Updates is bang on my leopard 1 loves it , lost a few15 perk crews and my army of prem tanks unfortunately do not need to be played anymore however not needing a new crew for each tank now makes keeping the previous tank in the line a viable option 

Yep mine still works, camo works better, mine wants another 90gold respec but it still works

Edited by RaggaMuffinReap-x, 20 December 2020 - 05:29 AM.

M4ntiX-x #11 Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39067 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostRaggaMuffinReap-x, on 19 December 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

Nope, im not overly skilled with written englinsh, and FRAK my lazy/bad spelling, the intent and the content is were the focus of the post is. Im writing at the end of very long testing seshes, using  xbox browser OSKB. I might do a rewrite once things a settled. Until then im blerting things down right before i sleep. Its more like an update diary

I was waiting for 1 of these, a vailed mini stat troll. Well i knew the game mechcanics before, and just 3*my sherman 3, i think i know them now (6.0) dont I, somebody also said i wouldnt even 2 mark my BC12-t - sorry but that was said at 84.5%, i did it that night, soooo easy (5.0). I knew the old meta and mostly refused to join the DPM party, when stopped i being "noob" i chose to bring up WR of a selected 5 spuds, not roll with other non noob people only. How many have you trained?? - sorry i know it effects your stats 2 much

As for business economics, ive pretty much got a good understanding here - test it if you want. i love the fact that the "player base" - the people here seem to put them selves "higher" in the food chain. Above in "importantance" because they spent a bit of money AND they have been running a hak that allowed them to never be racked, set on fire and such. Because 90% of time they running 10+ perks. Of course they are upset, "they" got NERFED. If the 20+ crews were just little extras fair enough, but they were OP,

If they werent OP there would be no complaint, cause the nerf wouldnt be felt sooo much. Now i ask the "fake" unis, how good are you really???

The player base is mainly spuds, these people have spent lots of money, they will continue to do so. They will also do this while not being hounded by toxic over fed trolls in toons of 5

If you read the review, it wasnt exactly glowing. 

Yep mine still works, camo works better, mine wants another 90gold respec but it still works

Thank you for proving my point further. Carry on.

RIP WOTC December 15, 2020 

Current game frustration level: ███████████  110% I quit.

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

RaggaMuffinReap-x #12 Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34111 battles
  • [DOOMU]

Nope, you dont have a point. 

You dont even have a counter point, cause right now your not playing yeah???

RaggaMuffinReap-x #13 Posted 20 December 2020 - 07:27 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34111 battles
  • [DOOMU]

Raggas' Review 6.0 

Day 5

Guys we back, the home for bent english writing structure, funny spillings and a correctly used apostrphe

I didnt notice a micro patch today, that said i woke at 6pm, started playing at about 8pm (UK), so i think im still on the day 4 patch. 

Well game not stealing gold anymore, it does try to default food to gold and i still consider this "naughty" but at least it [game] doesnt steal anymore. 

It [game] still steals silver when changing kit over, the prices of which are mostly stupid, particulary @ lower tiers,

im quite lucky as most of my 85 tanks are equiped already

GUI still quiet, volumes for detected are better, but id really love my loader to shout at me (as you would get in a tank WW2 era)  when he's / she's ready, reloads are much more varriable now

Pad feedback still feel limp, the end of 5.0 had an XBL update that worked with pad vibrations. They are much more varried now, but on WOT its mostly missing entierly. If the tech boys ask how much tell them -  I want my pad to give me vibration white finger. (Ok thats 2 far)

The pen high, roll low system; new RNG

I know thats not exactly how things are working but coupled with, armour angling, advanced armour, low rolls are quite common now,

as are pens are also frequent, it felt like they toned it back a little for day 5, made it slightly less extreme, maybe this was more to do with the tanks i was running? It also means auto aim can be relidied on a little more. Sides of tanks mostly reliably "go", or so thought a tiger shark about my IS4, 90° or dont bother dude

Derps are lazers, and have better reloads

Yep, derpy guns shoot straight now, id expect this to get nerfed at some point but right now everything shoots straight, including art. This also goes for reloads. It also gives unlikly winners, T34-2s, Long Reach, The tier 10 120mm equiped mediums, are a few. not just arts and TDs

The Elephant, no im not taking about the Ferdinand. 

The vision mechcanics;

So im not 100% convinced about the "unintentional" bits, being unintentional. (tanks disappearing) that said once i got used to it, i actually found the mechnic quite fun, it made things more tense and quiet early on, slower and premeditated. I was just getting used to it when Day 4 M3 dropped. We basically got same vision back we used to. 

Was this a toe in bath by WG?? Did they "Bottle" it??? Was it just a "test", personaly im not sure.

Maybe a "Grey" PIP, with last known position was a good idea, map and hud????

Not knowing each tank until you "Ask", i actually quite like that, its a boon for -2s and flimsy mediums

Not seeing own team, thats gone i also hope it remains gone

Still seeing gamer tags, not tanks killing / dying, id rather see tanks

WG can do and will do what ever they want, i like them pushing the limits, its utterly fearless beheavior.

Still giving 10/10 for balls, but now a 4/10 exicution. updates been coming in fast. 

BTW WG, if you not working W/E - and you should be after screwing pouch this bad at least give a fake micro patch each day to make the plebs think you are working

Ragga Signing off, catch you day 6

Maurokomodo-x #14 Posted 20 December 2020 - 08:06 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2429 battles
Mantix . Anyone can play at the semantics around the edges. OP has a right to voice in whatever syntax he/she chooses. This is an opinion article clearly. To those that see. Can we offer no distinction from arrogance fueled hypocrisy? 

RaggaMuffinReap-x #15 Posted 21 December 2020 - 08:33 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34111 battles
  • [DOOMU]

Raggas' Review 6.0 

Day 6

Well WG had day off, how dare they. 

So as an update dairy there is not much to say really, so im also having day off

Can the results page be in right order???

Can the podium show my barrel and 1 of my emblems???? Not just my lower plate

Cant bring up name from results page, to send gg/salt

Edited by RaggaMuffinReap-x, 21 December 2020 - 08:37 AM.

Offroadx65-x #16 Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14292 battles
Would seem a 10/10 for balls and a 4/10 execution would equal a 10/10 for stupidity........

Jumping off a ten story building could be a 10/10 for balls....yet still be suicide.

RaggaMuffinReap-x #17 Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34111 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostOffroadx65-x, on 21 December 2020 - 10:33 AM, said:

Would seem a 10/10 for balls and a 4/10 execution would equal a 10/10 for stupidity........

Jumping off a ten story building could be a 10/10 for balls....yet still be suicide.

It would not be suicide if you had a plan, like a glider, a paracute

WG not stupid, i believe they know exactally what they doing.

WG plan goes far deeper than people give them credit for.

No i dont have an inside scoop, i just "know"

Offroadx65-x #18 Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14292 battles

When myself and numerous others have had to try off the wall crap from playing colorblind mode when your not colorblind and changing your tv settings just to try to play the game being able to see features that should be visible.......I lose confidence in them having any "plan" or common sense at all unfortunately. 

Then one only has to look at the forum, youtube, or any social media where people can express honest feedback to see their are numerous legitimate problems that should have been worked out in market research and play testing beforehand..........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users