• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

WaxDrgnFang-x #21 Posted 22 December 2020 - 03:31 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16927 battles
  • [METIN]

View PostColdstone10-p, on 22 December 2020 - 03:27 AM, said:

Yes. And for consoles it seems to be too expensive to have test servers. Other online games which are from PC also don't have them. (STO for example)

war thunder does for pc, you can also port and play your console account on pc and console. Wargaming just keeps making these pathetic excuses. Billion dollar company WE HELPED BUILD THROUGH OUR LOYALTY, gives 0 [edited]. When i first joined console world of tanks, they still had the test server for console but it disappeared pretty fast.

HerdOfDonkeys-x #22 Posted 22 December 2020 - 03:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43821 battles

View PostGallant Prime-x, on 21 December 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

Would you prefer if I lied to you?  They are quite serious when they say there is no going back and there was no possibility of going back.  

Having worked in a development field in the past, my guess is that there were databases updated and/or converted with changes that would be difficult to undo.  Should they revert to the backups, all progress would be lost unless a separate conversion process was written to calculate the changes and then add them to the old backup (xp earned for tanks, crews, etc). Moreover, there could be values that exist in the new version that did not exist in the old version and vice versa. 

Now if you want to do a thing badly enough, you can always figure out a way to do it, but to Gallant’s point I certainly believe it would be quite an undertaking to go back.  The only exception being if we went back and pretended like the last week never happened - but that would introduce its own problems. 

Knowing that a revert would be difficult and extremely unlikely makes this entire update even more problematic.  They should have never taken such a severe step without thoroughly testing it and without getting “buy-in” from the Community, especially given their recent track record with updates.  It is in my opinion inexcusable and they have indeed earned every bit of the grief they are receiving.  Again I say they have earned the ire they are now enduring.  

WaxDrgnFang-x #23 Posted 22 December 2020 - 03:36 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16927 battles
  • [METIN]

View PostHerdOfDonkeys-x, on 22 December 2020 - 03:34 AM, said:

Having worked in a development field in the past, my guess is that there were databases updated and/or converted with changes that would be difficult to undo.  Should they revert to the backups, all progress would be lost unless a separate conversion process was written to calculate the changes and then add them to the old backup (xp earned for tanks, crews, etc). Moreover, there could be values that exist in the new version that did nit exist in the old version and vice versa. 

Now if you want to do a thing badly enough, you can always figure out a way to do it, but to Gallant’s point I certainly believe it would be quite an undertaking to go back.  The only exception being if we went back and pretended like the last week never happened - but that would introduce its own problems. 

Knowing that a revert would be difficult and extremely unlikely makes this entire update even more problematic.  They should have never taken such a severe step without thoroughly testing it and without getting “buy-in” from the Community.  It is in my opinion inexcusable and they have indeed earned every bit of the grief they are receiving.  Again I say they have earned the ire they are now enduring.  

let them take a poll. Let them see for themselves how sick of this [edited]the community is and that a rollback would be better than this tragedy even with the circumstances presented. Would rather lose a weeks work than 3+years and money speny into crews.

RaggaMuffinReap-x #24 Posted 22 December 2020 - 12:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32381 battles
  • [DOOMU]

Since day 4.5, its basically been same game. Revert what??? Crews??? 

Its different, git gud or snooze and lose

ooo NO ONE ooo-x #25 Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 66982 battles
  • [MMTLS]

View PostGallant Prime-x, on 22 December 2020 - 01:22 AM, said:

Not sure why people are not understanding the it's either forward or die.  It's not a mode--it is the game.  There is no going back.  :amazed:

Really? Coca-Cola tried that once. They changed the taste and it was a total disaster. Customers hated it. The only difference is Coke listened to their customers and reverted the changes.

PrezBillClinton-x #26 Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:20 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 61409 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostGallant Prime-x, on 21 December 2020 - 08:22 PM, said:

Not sure why people are not understanding the it's either forward or die.  It's not a mode--it is the game.  There is no going back.  :amazed:

let it die

If you don't know, ask someone who does.

Venushin-p #27 Posted 22 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 43597 battles
  • [TW_S]

I say:WG should make this update become a new game(WOT:modern tanks)

And then we have 2 games both,I will play the new one absolutely,continue play the old one

But right now WG and I lost WOTC both.._what a dump decision!!

Choco14Chain214-x #28 Posted 22 December 2020 - 03:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25953 battles

View PostSightlessRogue0-x, on 22 December 2020 - 12:20 AM, said:

Why not play?

Once we get used to the new version of the game we don't want to go back. That's why after the mourning ball of the first days and the occasional fixes, there are more and more people who like the new update. In a few weeks the subject will be exhausted, no one will be talking about version 5.

I bet money that's not true 

GunmetalDrip-x #29 Posted 24 December 2020 - 08:30 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44297 battles

Am tired. Came back after a few days and tried a few games, very depressing.

Also very depressing when a WOT comm ambassador makes a states like "either forward or die" - that's a very Soviet era battlefield pep talk.

Same Ambassador also goes on to state "You are welcome to go to PC"

If this is an Ambassador's attitude, then you can imagine what guys higher up are like.

Yes. I am tried of trying and enjoying this. Always loved tanks, always will. Loved WOT, now I am puzzled. Feel like I was cheated upon and the woman took all my belongings.

No, I don't think they will change. Know this, I won't either. No more gold purchases from me. Will use up what I have and then return only if and when this attitude changes.

I wish this update failure had gone to the press and the gaming world.

MilitaryGoose05-x #30 Posted 24 December 2020 - 09:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17267 battles
Hear hear. Wargaming, roll it back for the holidays at least. Swallow your g-d pride, and roll it back.

MegaHesh-p #31 Posted 24 December 2020 - 09:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26378 battles
  • [NO_60]

It is really great to see how every single element of this new game was implemented as poorly as it is possible)

WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

Zachattack1cub-x #32 Posted 25 December 2020 - 07:01 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9802 battles

View PostGallant Prime-x, on 21 December 2020 - 08:22 PM, said:

I'm not sure why people like you can't understand that this game, like every other game out there, is still a product. And if the playerbase/consumers of said product, that PAY the bills of many of their staff, say that the game is objectively bad, then our word goes. The issue isn't that it's either forward or die. The issue is they either listen to the consumers that support this game, or risk shutting the game down and losing their jobs. It's that simple. As for this being the game currently, that may be true in a literal sense, but NO ONE asked for this, and if even half of what we were given was shown off to us directly instead of being vaguely mentioned in the streams apparently, then they'd have seen that we don't want this. And for "not going back," you're really gonna tell me the company and game you're an ambassador for is dumb and incompetent enough to not make a backup of previous updates and versions in case something were to go wrong? It's clear that they have update 5.0 still available. The issue is their stubbornness in reverting back to something the majority of us preferred. That, or they really didn't think to keep their backup copies and they truly are idiots of the highest order. Wouldn't be too surprising considering they hired several incompetent devs from the console division of Armored Warfare.

TL;DR: Please try not to make a fool of the Ambassador title by not knowing what you're talking about, aight?

Aimed to own every tank in the game - No longer a dream of mine.

Gallant Prime-x #33 Posted 27 December 2020 - 09:28 PM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 53094 battles
  • [47R]

View Postooo NO ONE ooo-x, on 22 December 2020 - 07:41 AM, said:

Really? Coca-Cola tried that once. They changed the taste and it was a total disaster. Customers hated it. The only difference is Coke listened to their customers and reverted the changes.

The funny thing about that is it was a marketing failure.  Individuals actually preferred the new taste.  Oh and don't look but Coke has changed since.  :ohmy:

View PostPrezBillClinton-x, on 22 December 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

let it die

Nah--I'm enjoying it.  The blue is much less coarse on my eyes.  

View PostZachattack1cub-x, on 25 December 2020 - 01:01 AM, said:

I'm not sure why people like you can't understand that this game, like every other game out there, is still a product. And if the playerbase/consumers of said product, that PAY the bills of many of their staff, say that the game is objectively bad, then our word goes. The issue isn't that it's either forward or die. The issue is they either listen to the consumers that support this game, or risk shutting the game down and losing their jobs. It's that simple. As for this being the game currently, that may be true in a literal sense, but NO ONE asked for this, and if even half of what we were given was shown off to us directly instead of being vaguely mentioned in the streams apparently, then they'd have seen that we don't want this. And for "not going back," you're really gonna tell me the company and game you're an ambassador for is dumb and incompetent enough to not make a backup of previous updates and versions in case something were to go wrong? It's clear that they have update 5.0 still available. The issue is their stubbornness in reverting back to something the majority of us preferred. That, or they really didn't think to keep their backup copies and they truly are idiots of the highest order. Wouldn't be too surprising considering they hired several incompetent devs from the console division of Armored Warfare.

TL;DR: Please try not to make a fool of the Ambassador title by not knowing what you're talking about, aight?

I would say I am more informed than you.  I still know of things to come.  Forward or die is from WG itself.  It either updates or closes shop.  If you don't like it, that's fine.  People don't like a lot of things they have no control over.  Doesn't change the circumstances.  You have the choice to either play or quit.  No one else will cry either way what you do.  If you choose to play, then by all means make suggestions. 

I'd be careful with those insults btw.    

News, Info, Giveaways and Platooning with the WG community
Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays

LargoGinganinja-x #34 Posted 28 December 2020 - 12:04 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41245 battles
  • [-PLEB]
I am starting to really enjoy the update now. Lots of formerly bad tanks are great now (stubbs/tusk). There are tons of issues but they will be resolved over time and the previous meta was staler then moldy bread so it is good for it to be shaken up.

3 Marked

Light Tanks - M7,Leopard,T21,Stinger,Becky Lynch Senlac,vk28.01,stubbs,amx elc bis,amx 12t

Medium Tanks - Pz 4 H,Pz 3/4,Sherman 3,Crusader,Renault G1,Skoda t24,E8 sherman, E2 sherman,P43,Cromwell,P43 bis,comet,p43 ter,T-44,firefly,firefly vc,vk30.01P,vk30.01D,p44 panterra,standard b

Heavy Tanks - Churchill 1, Churchill 7,ARL 44

GunmetalDrip-x #35 Posted 28 December 2020 - 12:02 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44297 battles

View PostGallant Prime-x, on 27 December 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

The funny thing about that is it was a marketing failure.  Individuals actually preferred the new taste.  Oh and don't look but Coke has changed since.  :ohmy:

Nah--I'm enjoying it.  The blue is much less coarse on my eyes.  

I would say I am more informed than you.  I still know of things to come.  Forward or die is from WG itself.  It either updates or closes shop.  If you don't like it, that's fine.  People don't like a lot of things they have no control over.  Doesn't change the circumstances.  You have the choice to either play or quit.  No one else will cry either way what you do.  If you choose to play, then by all means make suggestions. 

I'd be careful with those insults btw.    

WHICH part of those posts are classed as insults?? Was it the "idiot" comment? Wake up and splash some coffee on your face in this real world. Yeah, you are classed as a WOT comm ambassador but somehow you don't seem to belong with the community - what gives you the right to state "I would say I am more informed than you.  I still know of things to come.  Forward or die is from WG itself.  It either updates or closes shop.  If you don't like it, that's fine." and expect no repercussion for that attitude and tone! You know of things to come?? Then does that mean you knew what was going on and were a part of this chaos??

Loved this game for 6 years - posted positive reviews on XBOX to counter the negative in the past - and then 6.0 happened - Who are these so called super testers? Was it you, Gallant Prime?? Who are these so called developers? Am trying to make myself play it and hate it even more everytime! That ugly confusing reticle over a reticle, my crews gone...The chunky tank images in the map...The horrible ching,ching sound when you kill a tank  - who thought this up??...piles of additional rubbish in this update - please look at the feedback from the others. Look at YT, Reddit,FB etc etc
Is WG going to actually listen or just focus on fixing the store first instead of the game as they did earlier??
You also stated "You have the choice to either play or quit" - WE SPENT MONEY AND TIME ON SOMETHING THAT WAS GOOD and YOU, Dear gallantprime are now are telling us this?

You also stated "If you choose to play, then by all means make suggestions" - WHO THE HECK IS LISTENING TO US???...all we have is an ambassador making smart comments to rile us up even further!!

Have you and WG taken it's position for granted? Are we to serve (pay gold, make love to the store) or die??

TheWhiteWolf644-x #36 Posted 28 December 2020 - 12:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19896 battles
  • [R41D]
They can't revert it so stop complaining like children either move on or get used to it ,it's here to stay :facepalm:
WOT

Gallant Prime-x #37 Posted 29 December 2020 - 02:45 AM

Major

• 53094 battles
  • [47R]

View PostGunmetalDrip-x, on 28 December 2020 - 06:02 AM, said:

WHICH part of those posts are classed as insults?? Was it the "idiot" comment? Wake up and splash some coffee on your face in this real world. Yeah, you are classed as a WOT comm ambassador but somehow you don't seem to belong with the community - what gives you the right to state "I would say I am more informed than you.  I still know of things to come.  Forward or die is from WG itself.  It either updates or closes shop.  If you don't like it, that's fine." and expect no repercussion for that attitude and tone! You know of things to come?? Then does that mean you knew what was going on and were a part of this chaos??

Loved this game for 6 years - posted positive reviews on XBOX to counter the negative in the past - and then 6.0 happened - Who are these so called super testers? Was it you, Gallant Prime?? Who are these so called developers? Am trying to make myself play it and hate it even more everytime! That ugly confusing reticle over a reticle, my crews gone...The chunky tank images in the map...The horrible ching,ching sound when you kill a tank  - who thought this up??...piles of additional rubbish in this update - please look at the feedback from the others. Look at YT, Reddit,FB etc etc
Is WG going to actually listen or just focus on fixing the store first instead of the game as they did earlier??
You also stated "You have the choice to either play or quit" - WE SPENT MONEY AND TIME ON SOMETHING THAT WAS GOOD and YOU, Dear gallantprime are now are telling us this?

You also stated "If you choose to play, then by all means make suggestions" - WHO THE HECK IS LISTENING TO US???...all we have is an ambassador making smart comments to rile us up even further!!

Have you and WG taken it's position for granted? Are we to serve (pay gold, make love to the store) or die??

Obviously not a forum rule reader, otherwise you would not have posted in moderator red which is a no no.  

You may think a forum is a "real world" as you see it, but you might check the rules and note that it does say it is a privilege to post here.  Part of that responsibility in having this place to post is abiding by the rules which says you can't insult others, post in red, etc.  That is the real world.  

As for my right to state--again in rules, but it is what WG has stated on stream.  I suppose you didn't watch though or you would have known that.  You might not like the tone, but it is just the facts.  You might not like the facts, might not be able to deal with the facts, but it doesn't change the facts.  As far as knowing things to come, I know some--more now than before the update I would say.  Besides the public info on the update, I knew a little bit more, but not nearly the extent of the changes. I would say I have another bit of advantage others might not just based upon my work.  I am not a supertester btw.  If you know a supertester, you should probably thank them as they put in a lot of their time just to make the game better for us all.  They do not make decisions but they have their likes and dislikes just as everyone else.    

I've seen a lot of the feedback, the more specific it is, obviously the better.  Minto Vimto is the Community Liason and is gathering it from the 4 quarters as best as someone who could gather a busted firehose.  If there is something very specific, particularly if it has not been mentioned before, you might dm him on the discord.  There are bits and pieces that do get lost in a lot of the noise.  Such as it seems you are not aware that they have applied some fixes, will be applying more fixes and are trying to make sure the game works for people.  I think just about everyone has come out with their own HUD fix btw.  You may not have noticed, but the store we have now is the store from WWE, so the ground work was coming in then.  

You note the time, money etc that you have spent on the game.  I have a different frame of perspective on this.  This game is not an investment--it is an expense.  It is like a movie or beer or whatever you do for entertainment.  You can't really look at it as an investment.  The only return you get is the enjoyment in playing.  Anything you have spent, time, or whatever is gone.  It is a sunk cost you will never get back.  The only thing you should consider is the marginal cost going forward, and that is pretty much true for everything in life.  If you don't, can't, won't enjoy the game going forward, you absolutely should not torture yourself.  You don't engage in an entertainment expense to not have fun.  Take some time off, maybe later it will be better, but life is too short.  If you can play, and have suggestions, then make suggestions.  Like I said Minto on the discord is the most direct.  The streams are another.  You should also be able to message any ambassador or CC as well.  There are quite a few on twitter.    

Will everthing be as you or I would want it?  Doubtful.  But you'll either enjoy it or you won't.  You can't always get what you want, but you just might find, you get what you need.  

Zachattack1cub-x #38 Posted 29 December 2020 - 03:12 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9802 battles

View PostTheWhiteWolf644-x, on 28 December 2020 - 07:40 AM, said:

They can't revert it so stop complaining like children either move on or get used to it ,it's here to stay :facepalm:

Trust me, MANY of us are moving on.
Aimed to own every tank in the game - No longer a dream of mine.

GunmetalDrip-x #39 Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44297 battles

View PostGallant Prime-x, on 29 December 2020 - 02:45 AM, said:

Obviously not a forum rule reader, otherwise you would not have posted in moderator red which is a no no.  

You may think a forum is a "real world" as you see it, but you might check the rules and note that it does say it is a privilege to post here.  Part of that responsibility in having this place to post is abiding by the rules which says you can't insult others, post in red, etc.  That is the real world.  

As for my right to state--again in rules, but it is what WG has stated on stream.  I suppose you didn't watch though or you would have known that.  You might not like the tone, but it is just the facts.  You might not like the facts, might not be able to deal with the facts, but it doesn't change the facts.  As far as knowing things to come, I know some--more now than before the update I would say.  Besides the public info on the update, I knew a little bit more, but not nearly the extent of the changes. I would say I have another bit of advantage others might not just based upon my work.  I am not a supertester btw.  If you know a supertester, you should probably thank them as they put in a lot of their time just to make the game better for us all.  They do not make decisions but they have their likes and dislikes just as everyone else.    

I've seen a lot of the feedback, the more specific it is, obviously the better.  Minto Vimto is the Community Liason and is gathering it from the 4 quarters as best as someone who could gather a busted firehose.  If there is something very specific, particularly if it has not been mentioned before, you might dm him on the discord.  There are bits and pieces that do get lost in a lot of the noise.  Such as it seems you are not aware that they have applied some fixes, will be applying more fixes and are trying to make sure the game works for people.  I think just about everyone has come out with their own HUD fix btw.  You may not have noticed, but the store we have now is the store from WWE, so the ground work was coming in then.  

You note the time, money etc that you have spent on the game.  I have a different frame of perspective on this.  This game is not an investment--it is an expense.  It is like a movie or beer or whatever you do for entertainment.  You can't really look at it as an investment.  The only return you get is the enjoyment in playing.  Anything you have spent, time, or whatever is gone.  It is a sunk cost you will never get back.  The only thing you should consider is the marginal cost going forward, and that is pretty much true for everything in life.  If you don't, can't, won't enjoy the game going forward, you absolutely should not torture yourself.  You don't engage in an entertainment expense to not have fun.  Take some time off, maybe later it will be better, but life is too short.  If you can play, and have suggestions, then make suggestions.  Like I said Minto on the discord is the most direct.  The streams are another.  You should also be able to message any ambassador or CC as well.  There are quite a few on twitter.    

Will everthing be as you or I would want it?  Doubtful.  But you'll either enjoy it or you won't.  You can't always get what you want, but you just might find, you get what you need.  

True and perfect observation  - NOT a forum guy - guess what - UPDATE 6.0 made me jump in and vent - all my years I supported WG with all its updates, good or bad, got some others to come in and play as well - cause I loved the game - 6.0 really really messed it all up.

I can go on and on with all your points and shred them up - but am NOT in the mood  -rather enjoy some rum n coke and guess what? - play WOT - sound like a hypocrite but I'm not - I paid for something that was good and great which has now turned into colorful and dark garbage, still have 125 days premium which I intend to use for a personal target I set myself. But note this - WG will not get a cent out of me. Once that target is met - I'm gone - like you said, it's not an investment, but an expense. This WAS an expense (past tense). I will rip it for everything I can get back for free and then......(but then again -Who cares? I'm just another idiot on the forum who has to accept everything or lay down and play dead)

Not a forum guy - update 6.0 made me an angry one.

You said " It is like a movie or beer or whatever you do for entertainment.  You can't really look at it as an investment.  The only return you get is the enjoyment in playing. "

Felt like I was having a good beer while watching a movie and someone comes over and douses his cigarette in my beer and tells you it will taste better. Just an expense.

Gallant Prime-x #40 Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:12 AM

Major

• 53094 battles
  • [47R]

View PostGunmetalDrip-x, on 29 December 2020 - 11:06 PM, said:

True and perfect observation  - NOT a forum guy - guess what - UPDATE 6.0 made me jump in and vent - all my years I supported WG with all its updates, good or bad, got some others to come in and play as well - cause I loved the game - 6.0 really really messed it all up.

I can go on and on with all your points and shred them up - but am NOT in the mood  -rather enjoy some rum n coke and guess what? - play WOT - sound like a hypocrite but I'm not - I paid for something that was good and great which has now turned into colorful and dark garbage, still have 125 days premium which I intend to use for a personal target I set myself. But note this - WG will not get a cent out of me. Once that target is met - I'm gone - like you said, it's not an investment, but an expense. This WAS an expense (past tense). I will rip it for everything I can get back for free and then......(but then again -Who cares? I'm just another idiot on the forum who has to accept everything or lay down and play dead)

Not a forum guy - update 6.0 made me an angry one.

You said " It is like a movie or beer or whatever you do for entertainment.  You can't really look at it as an investment.  The only return you get is the enjoyment in playing. "

Felt like I was having a good beer while watching a movie and someone comes over and douses his cigarette in my beer and tells you it will taste better. Just an expense.

Enjoy the run and coke.  Btw, if it is too dark, I recommend turning the gamma up.  I've had to turn mine up to 100 as I have an older plasma tv.  

Also tagged with 5.0, 6.0, update, revert, Liam, WG, paingod, wargaming, do the right thing, MintoVimto

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users