• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

StormyThunder Z-x #41 Posted 30 December 2020 - 07:23 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8788 battles
  • [OFF]

View PostGallant Prime-x, on 28 December 2020 - 09:45 PM, said:

Obviously not a forum rule reader, otherwise you would not have posted in moderator red which is a no no.  

You may think a forum is a "real world" as you see it, but you might check the rules and note that it does say it is a privilege to post here.  Part of that responsibility in having this place to post is abiding by the rules which says you can't insult others, post in red, etc.  That is the real world.  

As for my right to state--again in rules, but it is what WG has stated on stream.  I suppose you didn't watch though or you would have known that.  You might not like the tone, but it is just the facts.  You might not like the facts, might not be able to deal with the facts, but it doesn't change the facts.  As far as knowing things to come, I know some--more now than before the update I would say.  Besides the public info on the update, I knew a little bit more, but not nearly the extent of the changes. I would say I have another bit of advantage others might not just based upon my work.  I am not a supertester btw.  If you know a supertester, you should probably thank them as they put in a lot of their time just to make the game better for us all.  They do not make decisions but they have their likes and dislikes just as everyone else.    

I've seen a lot of the feedback, the more specific it is, obviously the better.  Minto Vimto is the Community Liason and is gathering it from the 4 quarters as best as someone who could gather a busted firehose.  If there is something very specific, particularly if it has not been mentioned before, you might dm him on the discord.  There are bits and pieces that do get lost in a lot of the noise.  Such as it seems you are not aware that they have applied some fixes, will be applying more fixes and are trying to make sure the game works for people.  I think just about everyone has come out with their own HUD fix btw.  You may not have noticed, but the store we have now is the store from WWE, so the ground work was coming in then.  

You note the time, money etc that you have spent on the game.  I have a different frame of perspective on this.  This game is not an investment--it is an expense.  It is like a movie or beer or whatever you do for entertainment.  You can't really look at it as an investment.  The only return you get is the enjoyment in playing.  Anything you have spent, time, or whatever is gone.  It is a sunk cost you will never get back.  The only thing you should consider is the marginal cost going forward, and that is pretty much true for everything in life.  If you don't, can't, won't enjoy the game going forward, you absolutely should not torture yourself.  You don't engage in an entertainment expense to not have fun.  Take some time off, maybe later it will be better, but life is too short.  If you can play, and have suggestions, then make suggestions.  Like I said Minto on the discord is the most direct.  The streams are another.  You should also be able to message any ambassador or CC as well.  There are quite a few on twitter.    

Will everthing be as you or I would want it?  Doubtful.  But you'll either enjoy it or you won't.  You can't always get what you want, but you just might find, you get what you need.  

Gallant,

I started this thread (just with the hope that possibly Wargaming would give the community a "Christmas gift"), but it has evolved into more of a general discussion about the 6.0 update.  Per your comments above, is it best to DM Liam, or post my input in the Action Heroes Season - Feedback Thread in the Game Suggestions section that he started?  Obviously a lot of the posts there are folks doing more venting than providing constructive input, so I'm not sure if Liam (or Wargaming) is still reading all the posts there and collating the info. for update consideration (and want to make sure my input and gameplay suggestions are routed to the current/most effective feedback path).

Please advise - thanks.

Tim

TheWhiteWolf644-x #42 Posted 30 December 2020 - 10:37 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19896 battles
  • [R41D]

View PostZachattack1cub-x, on 29 December 2020 - 03:12 AM, said:

Trust me, MANY of us are moving on.

Yeah then most of you will come back like always :child:
WOT

HawkZ71-x #43 Posted 31 December 2020 - 04:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37978 battles

WG committed fraud. I purchsed premium tanks from their marketing of training crews faster. I put time and real money into advancing my crews...after 4 years, they just take away my best trained crews. That is a breech of trust. I am done spending real money on WOT.

I have not even played in the past week. Having too much fun playing Cold War Zombies with the kids.

When a company fails to listen to their best customers...it always leads to their own undoing.

Gallant Prime-x #44 Posted 01 January 2021 - 12:36 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 53094 battles
  • [47R]

View PostStormyThunder Z-x, on 30 December 2020 - 01:23 AM, said:

Gallant,

I started this thread (just with the hope that possibly Wargaming would give the community a "Christmas gift"), but it has evolved into more of a general discussion about the 6.0 update.  Per your comments above, is it best to DM Liam, or post my input in the Action Heroes Season - Feedback Thread in the Game Suggestions section that he started?  Obviously a lot of the posts there are folks doing more venting than providing constructive input, so I'm not sure if Liam (or Wargaming) is still reading all the posts there and collating the info. for update consideration (and want to make sure my input and gameplay suggestions are routed to the current/most effective feedback path).

Please advise - thanks.

Tim

The very best way is to DM Minto and I think discord is a bit better than forum.  He will probably have a lot of mail to go through come Monday though so he may not reply or reply right away.  The best messages are those with specific suggestions and then an explanation of why it is better.  So if starts out with more general stuff, it is likely to be less effective.  For example, saying that someone doesn't like the hud because they can't see is helpful feedback, but providing an example of what you would like the hud to look like and how it helps you is even better.  Saying you don't like the hud is one thing--saying the current green is too limey making it hard to see is more helpful.  I hope that makes sense.

The feedback threads are generally a good place, but there is so much feedback everywhere and a lot of the feedback in there is not terribly particular to be helpful, so it might get lost in the noise a bit.  I would imagine Minto would still do a sweep though there for the latest comments.   

News, Info, Giveaways and Platooning with the WG community
Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays

XxSoLiDSnAkEOxX-x #45 Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:08 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25986 battles
  • [XS2I2]

Despite buying a year of premium time on Black Friday, I will not continue playing the game. You took things we loved about the game... and flushed them down the toilet. Was a fun ride, hope the devs learn a lesson. As for your statements in your most recent news posts.
"Your messages have come through loud and clear!"

That's only a half truth, clearly people are still upset... you completely changed the game. It's not the same game anymore, regardless of how transparent you are from this point... you already did a ton of damage to your game's community. You may win some people back over... but I don't think you'll get the majority back without a complete overhaul.

"Artillery is a tank class that is the source of passionate discussions. We do not ignore the feedback that many players have provided regarding its impact on the game and are committed to make it a fair and interesting experience for Artillery fans, friendlies, and enemies alike"

So much is wrong with this statement. The passionate discussions are largely one sided, and the conclusion is almost always either to remove or heavily nerf artillery. If you were actually listening to feedback, one of those two things would've been done by now after years. You don't listen to feedback about an update, personally I heavily doubt you'll listen to overwhelming negative feedback about a class that is meant to cater to people who need a crutch to play the game. But that's the way you're going with the game... making it easier, its unfortunate personally what I enjoyed about the game was the very high skill cieling.

Go ahead tell me arty is balanced...

Marked Tanks: Strv 103B (3 marks), Centurion Action X (2 marks), FV4202 (2 marks), M60 Patton (2 Marks), Chisel (3 Marks), Centurion 7/1 (3 marks), Chieftain (2 marks), Stark STRV S1 (2 marks), Tiger 131, Super Conqueror (2 Marks), Conqueror (2 Marks)

Also tagged with 5.0, 6.0, update, revert, Liam, WG, paingod, wargaming, do the right thing, MintoVimto

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users