Algorithyms

WG update gold spamming pay to win algorithym free to play ego cost bounces

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SimpleOrdMinAnth-p #1 Posted 31 December 2020 - 04:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 673 battles

In five days of play, one had 1/4 wins, one had 1/2 wins, and three had 1/3 wins. In five days I had one that I could win half the time, ONE. My WR is in the crapper. I may be new, but not dumb enough to see that I am only 1 of 15 tanks, that when on the losing side my team doesn't just lose, but they are steamrolled 12-0 or something similar. I've also wondered how when there's FINALLY a close game, say 7-7, within seconds our team dropped to 2 or 3 just like that...this happens noticeably. Another noticeable thing is shooting a tank that's near death and getting bounce after bounce after bounce. I don't understand those using gold as a rule either...how to afford it all the time for every battle unless you're buying silver to play.

I played android some time back and did okay but console has been something else, especially since 6.0 (maybe the understandable player revolt has changed the stats too, I'm not sure). I'm guessing now that without platooning/clanning, it's a lost cause (and therefore quite a bit of lost money). Free to play can't leave any possible way to success. Are the commander/crew skills even working because I can't tell the difference? Each of the "mistakes" in the update surely has benefitted WG, not the player and since there are so many "mistakes" needing fixed, was lazy and intentional? After WG's reaction to the players and having more fun watching battles on YT verses actually playing, it makes one wonder if WG acts like drug dealers do. A regular person can't understand how letting users die so easily would help profits. But it turns out dealers don't care because there are always new recruits to be found. Maybe WG's general attitude and ego tops all...they make lots of money so why listen to the pee-ons! There's no way WG will make everyone happy, but not seeming to care at all is outrageous. Are the algorithms set to exploit us? If they do care, they will make a swift and concerted effort to correct the so called "mistakes" and with apologies. I do like this game and spend money on it and hope something positive will happen soon, real soon.

Edited by SimpleOrdMinAnth-p, 01 January 2021 - 06:22 AM.

DwarfOnDrugs-x #2 Posted 31 December 2020 - 08:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37832 battles
  • [-UNL-]

Jesus what a long read.

Firstly, if you want to see why you are losing so badly so often you should ask someone who is better than you to review some gameplay of yours to tell you how to improve. ‘Algorithms’ just don’t exist.

Yes WGCB don’t care about playerbase just their own egos. If they cared about the players they would have taken the feedback about the patch kits and realised they are totally out of sync with their community and learn and adapt but instead they just locked the community out and basically changed their motto to ‘Take it or leave it’

Majority of long term players have left or agree that 6.0 is a massive step back in the games development.

SimpleOrdMinAnth-p #3 Posted 01 January 2021 - 06:21 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 673 battles

View PostDwarfOnDrugs-x, on 31 December 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

Jesus what a long read.

Firstly, if you want to see why you are losing so badly so often you should ask someone who is better than you to review some gameplay of yours to tell you how to improve. ‘Algorithms’ just don’t exist.

Yes WGCB don’t care about playerbase just their own egos. If they cared about the players they would have taken the feedback about the patch kits and realised they are totally out of sync with their community and learn and adapt but instead they just locked the community out and basically changed their motto to ‘Take it or leave it’

Majority of long term players have left or agree that 6.0 is a massive step back in the games development.

Yes it is long, maybe WG's ego is the algorithm:P. Thanks for your input. I want to get better and would like to find someone willing to help. I need to open up the headset so I'm ready. I'm newish here so I thought the best way to find help and improve would be to 'fess up' regardless of the embarrassment.

kroneng-x #4 Posted 01 January 2021 - 01:36 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 71584 battles

View PostSimpleOrdMinAnth-p, on 31 December 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

In five days of play, one had 1/4 wins, one had 1/2 wins, and three had 1/3 wins. In five days I had one that I could win half the time, ONE. My WR is in the crapper. I may be new, but not dumb enough to see that I am only 1 of 15 tanks, that when on the losing side my team doesn't just lose, but they are steamrolled 12-0 or something similar. I've also wondered how when there's FINALLY a close game, say 7-7, within seconds our team dropped to 2 or 3 just like that...this happens noticeably. Another noticeable thing is shooting a tank that's near death and getting bounce after bounce after bounce. I don't understand those using gold as a rule either...how to afford it all the time for every battle unless you're buying silver to play.

I played android some time back and did okay but console has been something else, especially since 6.0 (maybe the understandable player revolt has changed the stats too, I'm not sure). I'm guessing now that without platooning/clanning, it's a lost cause (and therefore quite a bit of lost money). Free to play can't leave any possible way to success. Are the commander/crew skills even working because I can't tell the difference? Each of the "mistakes" in the update surely has benefitted WG, not the player and since there are so many "mistakes" needing fixed, was lazy and intentional? After WG's reaction to the players and having more fun watching battles on YT verses actually playing, it makes one wonder if WG acts like drug dealers do. A regular person can't understand how letting users die so easily would help profits. But it turns out dealers don't care because there are always new recruits to be found. Maybe WG's general attitude and ego tops all...they make lots of money so why listen to the pee-ons! There's no way WG will make everyone happy, but not seeming to care at all is outrageous. Are the algorithms set to exploit us? If they do care, they will make a swift and concerted effort to correct the so called "mistakes" and with apologies. I do like this game and spend money on it and hope something positive will happen soon, real soon.

Think you're right a lot. Looks like not many people play WG anymore and maybe we therefore play against a computer. Hard to say. After update 6, the graphics have also deteriorated. The colors are more like Walt Disney cartoons. Icons and symbols have become smaller and it strains the eyes after half an hour of play. Something has happened to WG. You do not go from a well-functioning game to a messy one that takes your mind back to the early nineties where they adjusted the degree of difficulty by adjusting the brightness of the game. This is bad.

SimpleOrdMinAnth-p #5 Posted 01 January 2021 - 06:22 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 673 battles

View Postkroneng-x, on 01 January 2021 - 08:36 AM, said:

Think you're right a lot. Looks like not many people play WG anymore and maybe we therefore play against a computer. Hard to say. After update 6, the graphics have also deteriorated. The colors are more like Walt Disney cartoons. Icons and symbols have become smaller and it strains the eyes after half an hour of play. Something has happened to WG. You do not go from a well-functioning game to a messy one that takes your mind back to the early nineties where they adjusted the degree of difficulty by adjusting the brightness of the game. This is bad.

Maybe WG sold out or bought a competitor and put the two together for a new type of game...Update 6.0 :mellow:

Brother Run-x #6 Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:05 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31189 battles
  • [HAPPY]

View PostSimpleOrdMinAnth-p, on 31 December 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

you're a noob and you're bad.  learn to play and do damge.  you'll get there Corkey! it takes a while 

Brother Run-x #7 Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31189 battles
  • [HAPPY]

View Postkroneng-x, on 01 January 2021 - 01:36 PM, said:

your vision, your low quality tv and your lack of knowledge of screen settings and calibration are more likely the culprit.  no such fidelity issues, UI is completely separate 

TheOneWhoPlucks-x #8 Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21093 battles
  • [M01ST]

View PostBrother Run-x, on 04 January 2021 - 12:05 AM, said:

you're a noob and you're bad.  learn to play and do damge.  you'll get there Corkey! it takes a while 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot_calling_the_kettle_black

Follower of Tin’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-3

and

Lj’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users