This is the simple/obvious fix (directly from Victor Kislyi - CEO of WG)

5.0 6.0 wg roll-bacl revert do the right thing wargaming victor kislyi simply listen action heroes

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

StormyThunder Z-x #1 Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:36 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8788 battles
  • [OFF]

Although this has been posted/referred to several times in the "Feedback" thread that Minto created for 6.0 gameplay change input, I wanted to make sure it was posted here, as well (and obviously I haven't read through every other post here since the update, so don't know if someone else may have already done this).

After watching the video, it's so incredibly clear what Wargaming should do at this time - the only question is why they aren't simply following both their own precedent from a previous similar situation, as well as (once more, simply) listening to what anyone/everyone who truly cares about this game wants/expects to see happen (just like they did here - ???).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJGQFxk4XR4

DwarfOnDrugs-x #2 Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37832 battles
  • [-UNL-]

That CEO doesn’t really care about WoTC anymore, he gave WoTC devs the ability to progress differently to WoT PC and it was possibly the worst thing he has done.

WoTC just seems to be owned by a marketing team and no-one else.

dzhey43-x #3 Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41817 battles
  • [3EBC]
What should they do? Revert? That's not happening. Instead they should tell about 6.0 before releasing it and listen to feedback. Than work on fixing it. Instead you now what happened. Holy [edited][edited]right...
Spoiler

UnbudgingHarp79-x #4 Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 57851 battles

Was 6.0 just a cunning insurance job?

MintoVimto-x #5 Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:33 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1064 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostStormyThunder Z-x, on 07 January 2021 - 01:36 PM, said:

Although this has been posted/referred to several times in the "Feedback" thread that Minto created for 6.0 gameplay change input, I wanted to make sure it was posted here, as well (and obviously I haven't read through every other post here since the update, so don't know if someone else may have already done this).

After watching the video, it's so incredibly clear what Wargaming should do at this time - the only question is why they aren't simply following both their own precedent from a previous similar situation, as well as (once more, simply) listening to what anyone/everyone who truly cares about this game wants/expects to see happen (just like they did here - ???).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJGQFxk4XR4

That's a great video to be fair, and even though it's out of context, talking about something different 5 years ago, he's doing something no so dissimilar from what we do on our streams. This update wasn't perfect, people are upset, we know, we're working on adjusting and fixing it all for you. It'll happen, but as the video says, things take time. We have a responsibility to make a great game for you guys to enjoy, especially in these really difficult times. We will get there. Keep an eye out for the latest update patch notes coming in the next few hours.

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Wargaming Chicago - Baltimore

MintoVimto-x #6 Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:34 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1064 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostUnbudgingHarp79-x, on 07 January 2021 - 02:33 PM, said:

Was 6.0 just a cunning insurance job?

Lol wut :popcorn:

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

NEGATIVE NORMA-x #7 Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:40 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11639 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 07 January 2021 - 08:34 PM, said:

Lol wut :popcorn:

Easy. You make the game [edited]on purpose. Job security. Now in your streams [edited]can say "Look, we added Red and Green colors! The players should praise us for listening!"

I have an idea; Maybe don't ruin the game in the first place?

Edited by MintoVimto-x, 07 January 2021 - 08:48 PM.

MintoVimto-x #8 Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:48 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1064 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostNEGATIVE NORMA-x, on 07 January 2021 - 03:40 PM, said:

Easy. You make the game [edited]on purpose. Job security. Now in your streams [edited]can say "Look, we added Red and Green colors! The players should praise us for listening!"

I have an idea; Maybe don't ruin the game in the first place?

I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous :facepalm:

Edited by MintoVimto-x, 07 January 2021 - 08:48 PM.

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

GhostRider110-x #9 Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33987 battles
  • [SCIT]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 07 January 2021 - 09:33 PM, said:

That's a great video to be fair, and even though it's out of context, talking about something different 5 years ago, he's doing something no so dissimilar from what we do on our streams. This update wasn't perfect, people are upset, we know, we're working on adjusting and fixing it all for you. It'll happen, but as the video says, things take time. We have a responsibility to make a great game for you guys to enjoy, especially in these really difficult times. We will get there. Keep an eye out for the latest update patch notes coming in the next few hours.

Minto, the big difference between then and now is that WG recognized that their update 10 was breaking the game and they didn't released it then. Introducing the good parts took time and that payed off.

WGCB didn't dump a non-perfect game with downgrade 6.0. I wish it was near perfect. It was a disaster. It is actually worse then 5.0 update giving us Season passes. WGCB should have not released the downgrade in the first place.

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 07 January 2021 - 09:48 PM, said:

Well he claims a lot but he is right on the last bit. 5.0 wasn't perfect, but is was not broken. 6.0 is broken as a dumpster on fire.

Edited by GhostRider110-x, 08 January 2021 - 07:22 AM.

In memoriam

World of Tanks Console

15th February 2014 to 15th December 2020

WGCB fluffed downgrade 6.0

StormyThunder Z-x #10 Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:23 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8788 battles
  • [OFF]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 07 January 2021 - 03:33 PM, said:

Liam,

First - thanks for your response and acknowledgment.

Re: the context thing, I was just referring to Victor specifically stating/admitting that they (Wargaming) had made a mistake re: an update (failing to listen closely enough to what the players actually wanted), and so made the decision to roll-back the game and then proceed again in a more "step-by-step" method (with the proper amount of individual attention to specific issues).  In a nutshell, responding to the input from the dedicated WoT players and doing the right thing.

And I greatly appreciate your input that things are going to get (hopefully much) better - IMO, the key part in your statement is the "adjusting and fixing it all" part (since there are so many things that honestly make the game worse and much less fun/engaging to play vs. the previous version - so actually addressing all of them is quite a chore, but the results are 100% worth the effort).

I was definitely in the group of long-term players that are/were extremely upset about the changes (based on how much I enjoyed the previous versions), but since am trying my best to "regroup" my thoughts and sincerely help get the game back to being as great (or greater) than it was previously (unfortunately though, as of last night, I still get quickly discouraged when I try to play and lose interest in continuing past just a few matches - so definitely looking forward to the next patch and some of the more significant changes).  And I guess seeing that video from Victor just resulted in sort of a "one more time" effort towards initiating the roll-back that so many players have asked for.

Obviously please keep us posted - I did submit a lengthy post both in your "Feedback" thread as well as a DM to you with my personal input on the changes that (I feel) need to be made, but (once more obviously), there are many other long-term/very passionate WoT players that have also strongly expressed their own personal input re: gameplay and format issues. 

So, if things can get back to at least a reasonably playable status soon, hopefully the dedicated player base will become more positive and embrace the efforts of Wargaming to, as you said, produce a great game for all of us to (continue to) sincerely enjoy (with the mutual acknowledgement that changes are being made based both on the direct input from the WoT community, as well as the desire of Wargaming to allow the game to progress and not stagnate).

Thanks again,

Tim

AskingCupid78-x #11 Posted 08 January 2021 - 06:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57910 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 07 January 2021 - 08:48 PM, said:

You do not listen but just keep going, and have you ever heard the phrase, " if it aint broke, dont fix it", sorry to say but you and your employers are the ones beeing ridiculos:facepalm:.

Maybe you missed the part about "Happy players" the absolute Sh@@@t storm on the platforms and overwhelming negativity says you are wrong.

PS: locking threads and deleting them fools nobody.

Edited by AskingCupid78-x, 08 January 2021 - 06:37 AM.

Xero M XTC-x #12 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:41 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17457 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 07 January 2021 - 08:33 PM, said:

Keep an eye out for the latest update patch notes coming in the next few hours.

Where are the patch notes ??

Nevermind, i found them. Garbage, dont know why i was expecting any different to be honest.

Edited by Xero M XTC-x, 08 January 2021 - 07:59 AM.

M4ntiX-x #13 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 39067 battles
  • [JOCO]

I am sorry Minto, but no amount of lipstick put on this pig will make it "not perfect," or not ideal, or a "foundation that needs work," this update is a complete an utter disaster and frankly it should be referred to as a downgrade of a once good game.

Myself and thousands of others have left plenty of constructive feedback by now, so I will refrain from repeating it but in case you missed it, here is a phenomenal breakdown of what we think and what we would like to see acknowledged and discussed written by Mournblood:

View PostMournblood-x, on 07 January 2021 - 06:28 PM, said:

With all due respect, Minto, how about you respond with some truth and transparency about things that actually matter. In case you're not keeping track, I've compiled a short list for you below: 

1. Your development team introduced a terrible UI replacement, both in maps, battle, and in the garage. It's ridiculously more complicated and counter-intuitive. None of this was broke before 6.0 and certainly didn't require fixing. Why was this ill-conceived change even introduced in the first place? What could possibly be gained by changing something that worked and was fairly widely accepted, and replacing it with something hated by almost everyone? Are your developers that out of touch with the game and their players?
  2. As if you didn't already have significant power creep issues prior to 6.0 (i.e. light tanks), post 6.0 balance has gone completely out the window. You introduced game mechanics (e.g. accuracy buffs) without readjusting the tanks most affected by that. None of which is going to be easily fixed and certainly not anytime soon. Was that not even a consideration when 6.0 was conceived? And why weren't the implications to the meta and game balance considered foremost in the design decision process? Is there no QA or UAT process to check that?
  3. And if all that wasn't bad enough, your microtransactions have become far more predatory than ever before, such as hidden consumable costs, among others. What was the intention here? Are you simply focusing on the short-term goal of making as much money as possible, or are you actually trying to make the game better? Because what you delivered seems firmly in the former category than the latter.
  4. It was rumored that your development team was attempting to level the playing field for newer players, which was offered as a (poor) explanation for why crew training was gutted down to 9 skills/perks maximum, but the game is more new player unfriendly than it ever was before. Instead you managed to alienate a significant portion of your veteran player base. They very same players who have been supporting this game the last 6-7 years. And there's a rumor floating around that your development team is planning on selling back skill/perk slots above the 9th. Is any of this true? If so, what metrics were your decision makers possibly looking at that indicated this was a good idea? Were the veteran players not spending enough? Is the player retention issue affecting your bottom line? Was this change intended to reduce the disparity between veteran players (and their crews) and new players? And if so, why didn't you just isolate the lower tiers so that veteran players couldn't bring 15+ skill/perk crews into those tiers? Why didn't you just set aside tiers 1 - 4 as "new player only" tiers to give them a safer more level playing field to enjoy and learning the game from, instead of punishing all your veteran players who had spent countless hours and dollars on training their crews?
  5. Your development team now appears to be in damage control mode frantically trying to salvage what remains. Meanwhile, the reputation of your studio across every major social media outlet has taken a serious beating. The player rating of this game on XBox is down to 2 out of 5 stars, and dropping. Instead of acknowledging this, your studio appears to be hiding in their cubicles, leaving you alone to fend off the wolves, and the only official message we've gotten basically amounts to, "suck it up, tankers." Do they not care about the players that pay their bills? Are they that arrogant that they believe they know what's best for the game, whether the players like it or not? Do they not see the damage that 6.0 has caused? And if they do, why aren't they reverting it? Why haven't they fired the people responsible for it? Why aren't we getting an apology?
  6. Meanwhile, your development team didn't permanently address matchmaking, which is still the #1 reason for attrition and retention issues in this game. You continue to give away free tier VIII tanks and are offering yet another tier X tank for money, which only further exacerbates the issue with new players circumventing the learning curve. I don't understand why it hasn't occurred to anyone on your team that you can't lower the entry barrier to the higher tiers at the expense of the learning curve. Yet instead of addressing that with more robust tutorials gated by tiers, or offering a free tank token for the highest tier unlocked in a player's tech trees, you guys continue to give away tier VIII tanks like they're candy and the gameplay suffers for it. Can you speak to any of this? Can you explain why your studio refuses to listen to valuable player feedback? Or why after all these years, +1/-1 MM and same tier PMM isn't permanent yet? Or why they think tossing brand new players into the higher tiers (8 - 10) with little or no understanding of the game is going to be a good experience for them, or be good for the game in general?

And if all this is lost on you, let me put this another way for you....

• When your development team took away countless hours and money that I had spent training crews up to 15+, if for no other reason than that (of which they are plenty), I would have quit this game.
  • When your development team decided to keep the details of 6.0 a secret while myself and others made purchases in your store on Black Friday that we wouldn't have otherwise made had we known what was coming, that alone would have been enough reason for me to quit this game.
  • When your development team essentially bait & switched the game, taking what worked and what everyone enjoyed and replaced it with this hot garbage that NO ONE asked for instead of addressing the issues we did ask for, that alone would have been enough reason for me to quit this game.
  • Everyone one of my friends who were still playing this game quit and uninstalled the game after 6.0. You won't be seeing another dime from me, or from anyone else I was playing with. I won't be recommending this game to anyone, and in fact, I'll be warning anyone who asks to stay far, far away from WoTC.

That's the result of 6.0 for me, and many, many more like me. You talk about future plans for this game, and how 6.0 is supposedly setting the groundwork for that, but how can your studio possibly move forward without a significant portion of your loyal players? And why would your studio stubbornly insist on maintaining this course knowing how negatively it has impacted the game, your reputation, and many of its players? Can you offer an explanation for any of that? Can you give me a single reason that a rational, reasonably intelligent human being would accept why I, or anyone else who's quit the game since 6.0, should continue supporting this game?

RIP WOTC December 15, 2020 

Current game frustration level: ███████████  110% I quit.

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

AleTieCan05-x #14 Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:39 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52630 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 07 January 2021 - 08:48 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but it's true :facepalm:

im_balthazur-p #15 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 64768 battles
  • [DODTR]

It’s not an update. 

It’s not a downgrade.

It’s a complete FAILDATE.

It IS a however Armored Warfare (RIPieces) 2.0.

Creativity never really has been a strong point around here so no surprise there.

Usain Salt-x #16 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9346 battles
  • [HALAL]
:popcorn:great lockdown material this !

redredwineboy1-x #17 Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:02 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15950 battles
This development team are absolutely awful. For years we've been asking for 1+1 mm and for arty to be nurrfed or removed all together.

Instead of listening to us they have spent huge amounts of time and resources doing the exact opposite. Upper management needs to look into the console devision of the company because clearly incompetents is rife.

FastSirleon-p #18 Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 56141 battles
  • [IOPS]

Just need some time?  Time is up.  We are not guinea pigs.  many players will no longer play even if you go back.  You have betrayed our trust.  nothing will ever be the same again.

Hazelrock-x #19 Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30478 battles
I agree with everything every other player/customer has stated above. 

SKY LT 2009-x #20 Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13929 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 07 January 2021 - 03:33 PM, said:

WGC completely ruined a game that was beautiful, enjoyable and playable.  Your development team deserves to be simply fired for incompetence.  This game is now unplayable, ugly and very expensive.  What a great marketing strategy.  WoW!  Well done!  If you really want to keep your players happy, you just have to go back.

#revert :angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users