Information Update Silver Kaput

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

IBROX 04-x #1 Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22695 battles
  • [BNKR]
So today WG released an update, haven't seen nor played today, won't get on till later, so when the servers are back up I'll be interested to read the feed back. Looks like small steps by WG and its going to take quite a while to get the game back up to what it was before 6.0 dropped. Still haven't said or told the community what happened or why the this had to happen the way it did. So silver Minto? What's going on with silver and is it being looked into? Seen a few threads, well lots of threads about Silver. By the looks of it player's are going to be selling off in game assets just to play this World of tanks game pretty soon. If silver is going to stay the way it is in-game. The only reason Im making silver is because I have be hoarding consumables. So when they run out, I won't be buy silver from the store, that's for sure. Anyway I'm off to make more coffee and hopefully read what being said about today's update/patch. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

matematicalone-p #2 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 5565 battles
I heard chevrons will grow bigger, that should bring some old familiarity back.

''There is no 'i' in team but there is in win.'', Michael Jordan

''If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.'', Muhammad Ali

1vs6 last man standing Kolobanov's

dave mg 04-x #3 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:09 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39368 battles

i would just expect more complaints. 

they are not really fixing anything so far just shyte that makes no real differance at all.....

IIBSWAT-x #4 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 51031 battles

Was hoping for much quicker/more major updates since the new year... forgot it will be on a WG timescale so 'soon'...ie never/next year.

I've been a bit retro recently and playing Diablo 3 for a week or so, while I wait for wot to get back to what it was. Playing a necromancer atm that seems to do far too much trash talking.

matematicalone-p #5 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 5565 battles

View PostIIBSWAT-x, on 08 January 2021 - 12:10 PM, said:

Was hoping for much quicker/more major updates since the new year... forgot it will be on a WG timescale so 'soon'...ie never/next year.

I've been a bit retro recently and playing Diablo 3 for a week or so, while I wait for wot to get back to what it was. Playing a necromancer atm that seems to do far too much trash talking.

I've downloaded War Thunder and played couple of matches. While I do like some things like pen animation and crew knocked out, firing your secondary guns (it's great for soft targets), graphics and reality of tank movement, binocular commander view is great cause you can zoom in targets but can't shoot from this view etc. Tons of things I don't like, but that is partly caused by muscle memory by playing another tank game ;). Minimap is horrible and so small you can't recognize anything.

I would like to know if it would be possible to arrange commands to more familiar pattern, I need to dabble with that a bit more, but all in all I will try some more of it. Still not sure how crews function in this game and I play like absolute potato, but I might learn to like it.

''If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.'', Muhammad Ali

Lysith3a-x #6 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15519 battles
The chevrons are clearer, which is a marginal improvement, however still far less useful than actual tank info like class/health bar. Until it changes back to that then it’s only ever going to be a plaster on a gunshot wound.

I haven’t been shunted into battle in the wrong tank yet, but only 3 games played so...

The rest is mainly cosmetic stuff which I haven’t noticed either way.

I aim to misbehave

UltimoPit385186-x #7 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34354 battles
Time is ticking. They need to do something substantial and soon. Pre 6 I'd be looking forward to lengthy tanking (not a euphemism!) sessions tonight and tomorrow. Instead I'm looking at what's on Game Pass.

GhostRider110-x #8 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33975 battles
  • [SCIT]

View PostLysith3a-x, on 08 January 2021 - 12:37 PM, said:

The chevrons are clearer, which is a marginal improvement, however still far less useful than actual tank info like class/health bar. Until it changes back to that then it’s only ever going to be a plaster on a gunshot wound.

I haven’t been shunted into battle in the wrong tank yet, but only 3 games played so...

The 4th equipment slot with the default equipment is the replacement for that. I think they should remove the fourth slot and put the tank info back.

In memoriam

World of Tanks Console

15th February 2014 to 15th December 2020

WGCB fluffed downgrade 6.0

IIBSWAT-x #9 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:59 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 51031 battles

View Postmatematicalone-p, on 08 January 2021 - 11:35 AM, said:

I've downloaded War Thunder and played couple of matches. While I do like some things like pen animation and crew knocked out, firing your secondary guns (it's great for soft targets), graphics and reality of tank movement, binocular commander view is great cause you can zoom in targets but can't shoot from this view etc. Tons of things I don't like, but that is partly caused by muscle memory by playing another tank game ;). Minimap is horrible and so small you can't recognize anything.

I would like to know if it would be possible to arrange commands to more familiar pattern, I need to dabble with that a bit more, but all in all I will try some more of it. Still not sure how crews function in this game and I play like absolute potato, but I might learn to like it.

I tried warthunder and found it not great, even getting into a match seemed not very intuitive, may be it's not designed for console (?)...but that could be just me :)! Also when I tried using planes I needed to reset the controls each time I used it, which cant be right, so ended up crashing a lot!

Lysith3a-x #10 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15519 battles
The problem is that while there’s certain stuff which should be easy to improve, others are core parts of the game and presumably much harder to do. Spotting, is ridiculous. A TD with a view range of 430m shouldn’t be out-spotted by a mid-tier medium st half the distance just because it’s behind a bush that would struggle to hide one track, let alone the entire tank. Yet somehow, these bonsai trees manage to render whole tanks invisible. Genius.

Equally, MMing. Again. Something that should have been worked on over the past god knows how long, yet neglected again, in lieu of the downgrade and an absolute plethora of changes that very few, or no one actually asked for or wanted.

The current approach of minor tweaks instead of major fixes, I’m afraid if that’s the way we’re going then it’s going to be a slow, drawn out death.

I aim to misbehave

Lysith3a-x #11 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15519 battles

View PostGhostRider110-x, on 08 January 2021 - 11:58 AM, said:

The 4th equipment slot with the default equipment is the replacement for that. I think they should remove the fourth slot and put the tank info back.

This just smacks of “asked for by no one” or “misconstrued something that someone did ask for”. 

Either way, give players the choice of no 4th slot but tank info restored instead of chevrons, or retain the 4th slot/chevrons and see which way the vote goes. I think we all know how that would turn out.

I aim to misbehave

murphyrc510-p #12 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12681 battles
Still haven’t played since 6.0, keep checking back here on the forums for updated information. Apparently the fixes are negligible and slow in coming according to those who are still playing this game? Still not interested in participating until they can at least get the in game currency corrected so as not to hemorrhage silver every match just to stay competitive. 

Paskeetje-p #13 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19775 battles

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 08 January 2021 - 10:58 AM, said:

So today WG released an update, haven't seen nor played today, won't get on till later, so when the servers are back up I'll be interested to read the feed back. Looks like small steps by WG and its going to take quite a while to get the game back up to what it was before 6.0 dropped. Still haven't said or told the community what happened or why the this had to happen the way it did. So silver Minto? What's going on with silver and is it being looked into? Seen a few threads, well lots of threads about Silver. By the looks of it player's are going to be selling off in game assets just to play this World of tanks game pretty soon. If silver is going to stay the way it is in-game. The only reason Im making silver is because I have be hoarding consumables. So when they run out, I won't be buy silver from the store, that's for sure. Anyway I'm off to make more coffee and hopefully read what being said about today's update/patch. 

I've basically been playing without consumables the past few days. Only kept them on one tank I'm trying to get MOEs on. I did get killed 2 or 3 times because I got tracked and couldn't get away, but for the most part I'm not missing them at all and I'm making a good amount of silver.

Also, I'm playing a lot less than before. I've finished the season and this week I've only been playing a bit to get the free gold they're giving away. I should get that today and then I'm not playing untill Tuesday when they should start some kind of new earn op, I guess.

matematicalone-p #14 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5565 battles

View PostLysith3a-x, on 08 January 2021 - 12:37 PM, said:

What about that black background of images in HUD? It was listed first...anything noticeable?

FriedChicken8Me-x #15 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:18 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5765 battles

Attention was spent to get the music back working.:facepalm:

Many more things should have taken priority.

Lysith3a-x #16 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15519 battles

View Postmatematicalone-p, on 08 January 2021 - 12:14 PM, said:

What about that black background of images in HUD? It was listed first...anything noticeable?

I don’t even know what that relates to, which is probably answer in itself. 

The chevrons (and maybe a few other things?) have a black border around them. Presumably that? If so I can’t see as it makes much difference myself.

I aim to misbehave

IIBSWAT-x #17 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 51031 battles
Well I'm rushing back to play because they fixed the hotwheels and wwe emblems....and they fixed the music for the map upload, Hooray everything we asked for :sceptic:.

IBROX 04-x #18 Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22695 battles
  • [BNKR]
PRIORITY, that seems to be the case and WG are fixing stuff that aren't in anyway a priority. I actually said wg would do this before they got back from the holidays season and also seen it mentioned quite a lot by the community. If we don't have a working, playable game..  Then what's the point fixing stupid stuff that can and should be done at a later date WG? This was my biggest concern weeks ago and your proving me right. I carried on playing in the hope that WG would see sense, except that's not the way WG see it. At this rate, we'll get a playable game sometime 2022/2023 and by that time it's too late. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

Lysith3a-x #19 Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15519 battles
It’s a delaying tactic and calculated risk.

Promise fixes and then keep fixing small things, just enough to be able to say that you’re improving the game. Eventually, before you get to the point of having to fix the bigger ticket items people will have acclimatised to the inferior version and the noise will die down.

If they flat out came out now and said no, we’re only fixing this handful of cosmetic things then you’d have more people just giving up and moving on. Instead, maintain the illusion, over-sell and under-deliver.

Risky, cynical, standard WGA.

I aim to misbehave

FastSirleon-p #20 Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 56141 battles
  • [IOPS]

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 08 January 2021 - 12:43 PM, said:

PRIORITY, that seems to be the case and WG are fixing stuff that aren't in anyway a priority. I actually said wg would do this before they got back from the holidays season and also seen it mentioned quite a lot by the community. If we don't have a working, playable game..  Then what's the point fixing stupid stuff that can and should be done at a later date WG? This was my biggest concern weeks ago and your proving me right. I carried on playing in the hope that WG would see sense, except that's not the way WG see it. At this rate, we'll get a playable game sometime 2022/2023 and by that time it's too late. 

+1

Also tagged with Information, Update, Silver, Kaput

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users