Information Update Silver Kaput

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Mournblood-x #41 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9282 battles

View Postkromhout55-x, on 08 January 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

I don't know if it's me but it appears the "usual suspects" have been very subdued these last twenty-four hours or so.

Either their handlers have put them on a tighter leash or, perhaps even they are realizing what a massive clusterfudge they're being asked to defend?

My giant post to Minto might have scared them off. Speaking of which, we should probably carry that forward so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. The questions I posed still stand and remain unanswered, the players have the right to know the truth, and WG/A needs to accept accountability for what they've done instead of lying to themselves and us.

Moff Pancho-x #42 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 45398 battles
  • [ENGUS]

View PostBigBenLikesTDs-x, on 08 January 2021 - 06:33 AM, said:

Has anyone played enough battles today after the recent server restart to know if regular consumables are working fine now? Played handful of matches last night and first 2 games worked like a charm, then the usual not working after that. Kept trying the opening up the commander wheel to bypass as i read up here that sometimes works  - but to no avail 

small consumables are still not working as they should. You would think something like this would be a priority for WG. At least I can download the music now and listen to it at home  

Lysith3a-x #43 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15510 battles

View PostShockwave IIC-x, on 08 January 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

EDIT - Just found out there is 18 including Happy Holidays, though I haven't seen Mines

Mines is low-tier restricted. Definitely there though.

I aim to misbehave

radonism-x #44 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19956 battles

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 08 January 2021 - 06:11 PM, said:

Game is turning into an actual pay to win scenario.

This right here. Although it started veering that way long before 6.0 with the rise of the Uber powerful premiums, your Ragnaroks and similars.

The current silver economy, unless changed, is actually getting close to Pay to Play. Newer players without hoards built up previously need premium accounts to play beyond a few battles. I’ve seem streams from well known decent players saying they are going to have to start selling tanks to continue playing. These players have premium accounts, but don’t wish to disadvantage themselves by not using the most competitive load out. 

Its a bad precedent amongst many bad precedents. 

Shockwave IIC-x #45 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20460 battles
  • [-PA-]

View PostLysith3a-x, on 08 January 2021 - 07:08 PM, said:

Mines is low-tier restricted. Definitely there though.

Indeed, Just like Port, which I have seen.

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, T -54 **, ST-I **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

IBROX 04-x #46 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22677 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostShockwave IIC-x, on 08 January 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

Then you, and Mantix missed the point of my post. And long with a lot of other people have a problem, you have such a hard on hate for V6.0 that when someone is showing, facts*, attempts to look at something objectively, instead of you seeing them as the moderates that they are, because you are so "right wing", those attempting to be moderates look like full liberal SJW's in your eyes (Sorry for the political analogy, it was the only thing coming to mind, I'm not saying I know what your political leanings are)

* Another example, people claiming there is only 5 maps in rotation. There is at least 12 (13 with the Xmas map), in rotation. Is that a good thing? Is it enough maps? No, not at all, it's something that needs to be address for certain. But stop with the Hyperbole.

Did I not put that something definitely seemed off with the Silver earnings for the TT tanks I played? Because I seem to recall that I did.

I have I not posted that the RNG is messed up, because I've done that as well (And ELI5'd it twice on reddit)

EDIT - Just found out there is 18 including Happy Holidays, though I haven't seen Mines

Yeah i get what you're saying. But originally wg said this was all to make the game simpler. Easier for new players etc... Except that's not true is it. When 6.0 dropped my heart wasn't in it. New game, back to the beginning. This is going to take time to fix. + wg still haven't said why they ported certain assets to what's basically a new game. You know wg could have just said months ago, that the old game was maxed out and we need to do this or that, nobody would have been any the wiser. But thay didn't say anything and still aren't saying a thing. They sold 6.0 as an update. Yeah players are angry, hurt even. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

MrSprayAndPrey-x #47 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49414 battles
  • [GNSQD]

View PostShockwave IIC-x, on 08 January 2021 - 07:23 PM, said:

Indeed, Just like Port, which I have seen.

stop seal clubbing not a good look. And do you look into there eyes as club make contact then a audible crack rings bring a twist smile to ones face.

KingBorisDantas-p #48 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2430 battles

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 08 January 2021 - 12:11 PM, said:

"No Consumables loaded." <-- You're consciously handicapping yourself in-game just to make silver. Does that sound right to you?

Current silver economy is forcing you to omit a game mechanic that prolongs your life on the battlefield, i.e. the use of consumable kits. Spin it any way you want, this is not right. Game is turning into an actual pay to win scenario. Who can afford to drop 60K per game to use everything the game has to offer now? Prior to the downgrade you could run food, large consumable kits and still make money in any tank you played well (including tier X's). I would know, I was one of those players! Nowadays this is simply impossible. No matter how much damage you deal, you always lose money playing a fully equipped tank. Ridiculous!

On my xbox account, although I didn't play tier 10 too much after getting to tier 10, I usually made some silver, or if not, I didn't lose too much silver. I am afraid to try my tier 10 tanks now-have them fully equiped-but also have pretty much quit grinding tech tree tanks now because of the uselessness that 6.0 has brought about on grinding. If WGCB thought it will cause people to buy gold,for my part I have quit spending any money on this game.

WGCB, these other game studios appreciate your new update because I, and I am sure many other players, am spending my DISCRECINARY SPENDING MONEY on their games that I would've spent on this game. FYI: I just spent $60 that would've went to this game on purchases on 2 other games.:sceptic:  

KingBorisDantas-p #49 Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2430 battles

View PostShockwave IIC-x, on 08 January 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

Then you, and Mantix missed the point of my post. And long with a lot of other people have a problem, you have such a hard on hate for V6.0 that when someone is showing, facts*, attempts to look at something objectively, instead of you seeing them as the moderates that they are, because you are so "right wing", those attempting to be moderates look like full liberal SJW's in your eyes (Sorry for the political analogy, it was the only thing coming to mind, I'm not saying I know what your political leanings are)

* Another example, people claiming there is only 5 maps in rotation. There is at least 12 (13 with the Xmas map), in rotation. Is that a good thing? Is it enough maps? No, not at all, it's something that needs to be address for certain. But stop with the Hyperbole.

Did I not put that something definitely seemed off with the Silver earnings for the TT tanks I played? Because I seem to recall that I did.

I have I not posted that the RNG is messed up, because I've done that as well (And ELI5'd it twice on reddit)

There may be 18 maps, I cannot say yes or no, but I can definitely say there are 5 or 6 that seem to constantly turn up. As for the others, I will say that they may be in rotation but getting them is very difficult to impossible. Would you list all 18 maps?  

Shockwave IIC-x #50 Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20460 battles
  • [-PA-]

View PostMrSprayAndPrey-x, on 08 January 2021 - 07:51 PM, said:

stop seal clubbing not a good look. And do you look into there eyes as club make contact then a audible crack rings bring a twist smile to ones face.

???

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, T -54 **, ST-I **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

Shockwave IIC-x #51 Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20460 battles
  • [-PA-]

View PostKingBorisDantas-p, on 08 January 2021 - 07:59 PM, said:

There may be 18 maps, I cannot say yes or no, but I can definitely say there are 5 or 6 that seem to constantly turn up. As for the others, I will say that they may be in rotation but getting them is very difficult to impossible. Would you list all 18 maps?  

From someone on Reddit, and as I've mentioned, I the only one I haven't seen is Mines, but I've been spending most of my time at Tier 8/9

Block Quote

If you create a custom game, you can see all 18 maps currently in the game:

1. Abbey
  2. Arctic Region
  3. Cliff
  4. El Halluf
  5. Fisherman's Bay
  6. Happy Holidays!
  7. Himmelsdorf
  8. Kasserine
  9. Kaunas
  10. Malinovka
  11. Mines
  12. Mountain Pass
  13. Pilsen
  14. Port
  15. Prokhorovka
  16. Sand River
  17. Steppes
  18. Sunset Coast

Edit - He say, starting a new Tier 5 grind and getting Mines

Edited by Shockwave IIC-x, 08 January 2021 - 08:09 PM.

x If Only x-x #52 Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:44 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 28571 battles
They fixed the music lol and the chevrons etc but still not the repair kits! At least they have they're priorities right!

IBROX 04-x #53 Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22677 battles
  • [BNKR]

I won't be able to do this Monday, I'll be in mobile black spots. I was lost and had dark days and then some old lady handed me this one day at the the grave yard. 

One night I dreamed a dream. I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

kromhout55-x #54 Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 37968 battles

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 08 January 2021 - 10:00 PM, said:

I won't be able to do this Monday, I'll be in mobile black spots. I was lost and had dark days and then some old lady handed me this one day at the the grave yard. 

One night I dreamed a dream. I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you

That's beautiful IBROX; if you don't mind I'm going to copy and send it to my ninety-seven year old mother.

It's breaking her heart that she can see from her kitchen window just across her garden her church which of course is closed to her now.

Lysith3a-x #55 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:31 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15510 battles
Watching tonight’s stream back, why was the arty chat all around win rates? More often than not there’s the same number on both sides, so WR will be 50%.....

The maps talk was very disappointing. So we’ll get two back (one a remake, yawn)....and possibly one or two of the current maps disappearing (Please be Pilsen, please be Pilsen!)?

I see that the multitude of questions over the silver economy were ignored. Shock.

And no mention at all of the multitude of info culled from the battle, post-battle report and Garage.....great. :(

I aim to misbehave

IBROX 04-x #56 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22677 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostLysith3a-x, on 08 January 2021 - 11:31 PM, said:

Watching tonight’s stream back, why was the arty chat all around win rates? More often than not there’s the same number on both sides, so WR will be 50%.....

The maps talk was very disappointing. So we’ll get two back (one a remake, yawn)....and possibly one or two of the current maps disappearing (Please be Pilsen, please be Pilsen!)?

I see that the multitude of questions over the silver economy were ignored. Shock.

And no mention at all of the multitude of info culled from the battle, post-battle report and Garage.....great. :(

Basically PainGod said, they have 100 different issues to deal with. Looks uninterested when other issues are mentioned.  Ain't hard to see that's something is bothering him. As I've said this is his baby and it's on his head. So i see he's under pressure. Except a few things mentioned, honestly looked like news to him and a wthmoment went over his face. Wasn't nice to watch personally. This 6.0 or whatever you want to call it. Is the biggest failure wg console has ever had to deal with. Whether Minto can put that forward or not. I don't blame Minto personally.  Just seem PainGod isn't taking any of this seriously or  nobody has the balls to actually explain the situation. 

Lysith3a-x #57 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15510 battles
Yeah I was surprised at some of the (relatively) long-standing issues that he was only just becoming aware of, but I guess the vehicle for him learning these things is usually Minto’s reports, which he won’t have had until today, with the last one being from before Christmas.

It was also disappointing not to hear something concrete about the reticule/target info - the chevrons really need to go, or at the very least be replaced by the old tank info when targeted. Hopefully there will be options around that in the stuff to do with the HUD that he wouldn’t talk about.

I aim to misbehave

Cyrex005-x #58 Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15122 battles
  • [BNKR]
Played are matches and switched back to WOWSL since WOT was lagging but WOWSL wasn't.

Also tagged with Information, Update, Silver, Kaput

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users