• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

xxFUZZYDUNLOPx-x #21 Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37871 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostKing Horus-x, on 08 January 2021 - 09:48 PM, said:

No, thats why i shoudn't use sarcasm. I just can't fantom the tought proces of paingod by saying the winrate of arty was 0.5 off since the update while there are mostly two on both sides.

I can't believe somebody really used that to say there is no difference in powerbalance.

But.... i still don't like arty, i just adapted. No more slow super heavys, only mediums and light, and thats a shame.

Yeah it just makes certain heavies borderline unplayable, hence the popularity of lights, mediums and heaviums. I wonder if this is why Abbey and himmelsdorf are in constant circulation.

" that's weird even though we're restricting open maps people still favour lights and mediums I wonder why especially as arty is so balanced and it's win rate has gone down by 0.5"

if spall liner actually did reduce arty damage...

Lysith3a-x #22 Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15544 battles

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 09 January 2021 - 01:22 PM, said:

What it does do is make the game seriously unfun for anyone on the receiving end.

They’re great for digging out camping heavies, or hull-down monsters, or well-positioned TDs, but the game doesn’t need 3 per side. 

Also at the moment, tanks like the Type 4/5 Heavy, the Mause, even the E-100, you might as well not even bother. Beep beep, 1...2...dead. 

I aim to misbehave

MilitaryGoose05-x #23 Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:21 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16936 battles
Remember the good old days when Arty was the only thing slightly broken in the game?

Tempest fox3-x #24 Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:42 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24595 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostLysith3a-x, on 09 January 2021 - 01:39 PM, said:

They’re great for digging out camping heavies, or hull-down monsters, or well-positioned TDs, but the game doesn’t need 3 per side. 

Also at the moment, tanks like the Type 4/5 Heavy, the Mause, even the E-100, you might as well not even bother. Beep beep, 1...2...dead. 

In my experience they never target those vehicles. Too busy trying to nail that light or soft skinned medium for the 1 shot kill and I'll say it again. Damage alone doesn't win games. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

SkillfulTurtl3-x #25 Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40205 battles

That comment on the stream about Arty win rate was priceless.....

In most (but I admit, not all) battles you have the same number of Arty on each team, and therefore as a class the win rate should average 50% (assuming no draws). So if the win rate is varying, does that just show that the matchmaking is failing more often and you are getting uneven numbers of arty?

Pit Friend-x #26 Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37844 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostSkillfulTurtl3-x, on 09 January 2021 - 12:28 PM, said:

In most (but I admit, not all) battles you have the same number of Arty on each team, and therefore as a class the win rate should average 50% (assuming no draws). So if the win rate is varying, does that just show that the matchmaking is failing more often and you are getting uneven numbers of arty?

That’s actually a good point.  Average win rate for arty should be slightly below 50% due to the possibility of draws since normally one side wins and the other loses. If it’s not there’s something very wrong somewhere. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

RustyRat63-p #27 Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16354 battles

View Postl_Ravagyr_l-p, on 09 January 2021 - 09:00 AM, said:

Referencing winrate is simply not understanding logic. If there are 2 arties on team A, then there are almost certainly 2 arties on a team B. Winrate won’t be impacted because they offset. However, I have NEVER seen so many high damage, multi kill games from arty. On one game on Malinovka, our two arties did HALF the damage of the whole team. If you want to see the impact, look at average damage, not winrate.

Either way, they were broken before. Mainly due to the lack of a reasonable limit on arties per team. You should NEVER have 3 arties. It destroys gameplay. 2 arty games should be limited maybe 20%, the rest should be 1 or none. Finally, arties should not be able to platoon together. With other tanks yes but not with other arties, platoons of arties make focusing ridiculous.

I am not sure what metric would actually help. If you go by damage done, etc, you could actually end up with an arty buff. You bring in player skill, so some matches would have low results (especially where the light tanks yolo across the map and destroy them at the start). There is also an RNG accuracy bug at the moment. One game an arty can be manned by a sniper and do well, the next the shells don't fall anywhere near the target.

As for damage done, some arty have shells that do an extreme amount of damage, but ammunition is very limited and it take forever to aim, If they get a good game they do a lot of damage (on a bad one very little and can even run out of ammo).

As for the people that say they see too many arty in the top three, does that mean that heavy, medium, lights and TDs should be nerfed? Because I see them in the top three much more. I play all classes and get MVP way more with mediums and TDs than I do arty.

RustyRat63-p #28 Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16354 battles

View PostSkillfulTurtl3-x, on 09 January 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

It is quite common to see 1v2 or 2v3 when it comes to arty. However I usually think the team with the greater number is at a disadvantage if the other teams lights push up fast. The arty are an easy kill if you do it right.

Also tagged with winrate, arty, update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users