Nearly one month out, and still years away.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

matematicalone-p #21 Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5689 battles
Shame to see people leaving after so many years. I'm still a noob and I will still play it for some time to see if I can find that ''click'' I used to have with the game. Although War Thunder is downloaded right after Dec 15ht, I've configured the commands, I like the realism but feels weird to play it. But I could learn to like it. Looks way better and details and information are astounding compared to 6.0. Gameplay will take some adjusting and learning, but it will come. I need a tank game fix.

''There is no 'i' in team but there is in win.'', Michael Jordan

''If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.'', Muhammad Ali

1vs6 last man standing Kolobanov's

AntHunter1967-x #22 Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:12 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19324 battles

View PostMournblood-x, on 10 January 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

snip

Very well said Sir

Uninstalled 18.12.20

dcr66-x #23 Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:44 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 25941 battles
  • [ONE]

All decisions for roadmaps and features are the responsibilities of Project Managers, Business Analysts, and whoever in charge of them. The rank-n-file developers (programmers),  QA and their respective team leads are just following orders given to them. They happen to be in a game company as opposed to the IT shop of some CRM software company, the command structures are similar. And we can all guess why / how they pick the features and specifications for 6.0.

By the time things get to UAT (supertester in this case) the features are usually carved in stone. I have been in Beta and ST (not anymore) also for World of Warships Legends, same kind of deal despite it was done by a WG studio in Europe. Minor changes they may allow changes but not the main part of the features they have implemented. 

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.

matematicalone-p #24 Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5689 battles

View Postdcr66-x, on 10 January 2021 - 11:44 PM, said:

All decisions for roadmaps and features are the responsibilities of Project Managers, Business Analysts, and whoever in charge of them. The rank-n-file developers (programmers),  QA and their respective team leads are just following orders given to them. They happen to be in a game company as opposed to the IT shop of some CRM software company, the command structures are similar. And we can all guess why / how they pick the features and specifications for 6.0.

By the time things get to UAT (supertester in this case) the features are usually carved in stone. I have been in Beta and ST (not anymore) also for World of Warships Legends, same kind of deal despite it was done by a WG studio in Europe. Minor changes they may allow changes but not the main part of the features they have implemented. 

Ok, so that's the direction they wanna take. Can we at least get a decent, functional bug-free product? I think that should be a minimum of decency.

Btw if that's the case, they can't draw out those lame excuses about certain console limitations and other crap. Anyone can DL War Thunder for free and try it out. Today I was testing Leopard 1 on WT, it's a free feature, you can take tanks to shooting range and try them on different targets. Also you can configure controls (so many details), tank TT is very detailed modules are explained tank info is available for each tank you own or about to explore. 

How can it be that biggest update of a 7 years old game is made with 70% original maps missing from the game compared with older version. It's a pure failure for just that fact. 

''If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.'', Muhammad Ali

dcr66-x #25 Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 25941 battles
  • [ONE]

View Postmatematicalone-p, on 10 January 2021 - 05:52 PM, said:

Can we at least get a decent, functional bug-free product? 

You do realize ALL software have bugs. If there is no bugs then many of software developers will be out of jobs!  It doesn't matter what software there are always bugs and some will never come out in structured QA. Proper QA are done with test scripts as opposed to random tests that outsiders think. Boeing 737Max was grounded because of bugs. Boeing Starliner test flight failure was due to bugs. NASA have bugs in their stuff too. I am sure SpaceX have their shares of issues along the way. All our modern devices from computers to smart phones have frequent OS / firmware upgrades due to bug fixes along with new features. 

However I don't think there any show stoppers bugs left in WoT Console that will cause the game to freeze or hang the console.  Many of the issues mentioned belong to the "I don't like it" bugs. 

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.

matematicalone-p #26 Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5689 battles

View Postdcr66-x, on 11 January 2021 - 12:19 AM, said:

You do realize ALL software have bugs. If there is no bugs then many of software developers will be out of jobs!  It doesn't matter what software there are always bugs and some will never come out in structured QA. Proper QA are done with test scripts as opposed to random tests that outsiders think. Boeing 737Max was grounded because of bugs. Boeing Starliner test flight failure was due to bugs. NASA have bugs in their stuff too. I am sure SpaceX have their shares of issues along the way. All our modern devices from computers to smart phones have frequent OS / firmware upgrades due to bug fixes along with new features. 

However I don't think there any show stoppers bugs left in WoT Console that will cause the game to freeze or hang the console.  Many of the issues mentioned belong to the "I don't like it" bugs. 

No, it's a list of 101 known issues and keeps growing.

Tankadelphia606-x #27 Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22097 battles
  • [T-E]
Want some cheese with that whine? 
">

VTEC77-x #28 Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:33 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 63936 battles
  • [AISH]

Great original post.

I totally agree with everything you say. I fear that WoT will only be a fond memory of a game we use to play :(

Forum-Image Link

dcr66-x #29 Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:42 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 25941 battles
  • [ONE]

View Postmatematicalone-p, on 10 January 2021 - 06:23 PM, said:

No, it's a list of 101 known issues and keeps growing.

Those list always keep growing in any commercially developed software out there. A game in gaming devices, console, computers, etc is just another piece of software. As expected that list of issues will be screened and filter by the various QA Leads, Business Analysts, Product Managers, etc before the developers will see them. Priorities will be set for them so they can decide what gets worked on first. The line developers have no say in that. The typical community representatives are just spoke person reading the scripts.

RadiantPup27709-x #30 Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31116 battles

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 10 January 2021 - 03:53 PM, said:

I don't think I have ever seen you in battle but judging by your forum comments it will be a shame to lose you as a member of this varied, devoted and often unorthodox community. 

Yeah, especially his recent comments that are all covered in digital red ink...:sceptic:

STUART SHERMAN-x #31 Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:19 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44476 battles
  • [FLT]

Good luck OP. I’m not uninstalling yet but I’m not going to play New Game as it is now. Shame tho as it seems that the writing is on the wall at least for me.

If I do get back to playing again it won’t be the hours on end like in the “old days”, and no more financial support period. 

MilitaryGoose05-x #32 Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:41 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17295 battles

View PostTankadelphia606-x, on 10 January 2021 - 11:28 PM, said:

Grow up man.

HerdOfDonkeys-x #33 Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:01 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43821 battles
Hey OP, great post.  IMO, you are spot on.  Couldn’t have said it better.  

Ditch Doc-x #34 Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:11 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28129 battles

View PostSTUART SHERMAN-x, on 11 January 2021 - 12:19 AM, said:

Good luck OP. I’m not uninstalling yet but I’m not going to play New Game as it is now. Shame tho as it seems that the writing is on the wall at least for me.

If I do get back to playing again it won’t be the hours on end like in the “old days”, and no more financial support period. 

Same thing here. I won’t uninstall, because I want to be able to come back if the game ever gets fun again, but I stopped playing. But I’m starting to feel like the silence from WG about certain requested fixes is deafening.  Maybe I missed it, but I have not heard anyone from WG even hint they intend to replace the useless chevron with the tank information and health bar. Every day without anyone speaking on it feels more like a confirmation that they want us to rely on the Advanced Targeting equipment and forget we ever used to have more information about the battlefield. I feel increasingly certain they’ll fly this crate straight into a mountain just to prove a a point.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly. ”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked. ”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Tankadelphia606-x #35 Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:20 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22097 battles
  • [T-E]

View PostMilitaryGoose05-x, on 11 January 2021 - 12:41 AM, said:

Grow up man.

Look, I have several personal issues with the update myself. But this guy added nothing, contributed nothing with his post but several paragraphs of whining and crying. Much like every perpetually dissatisfied mouthbreather on here. No constructive feedback. Only ridiculous outlandish accusations, personal attacks on WGCB staff, technically impossible demands, imaginary ulterior motives, no critical thinking skills, no ability to have a mature conversation. No comprehension that things are nuanced. People personally attacking CC's/CA's. I'm sick of it. Every single whiner on here, its the same story. A swirling cesspool of negativity. We can be better than this as a community. We can be critical without getting personal. 
">

FinlandRed-x #36 Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24661 battles

Thank you for such an eloquent post. It's a shame the people making the decisions won't ever see it.

I wish you well for the future.

WalkingTinCan-x #37 Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:06 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18126 battles
  • [M01ST]

View PostTankadelphia606-x, on 11 January 2021 - 01:20 AM, said:

Look, I have several personal issues with the update myself. But this guy added nothing, contributed nothing with his post but several paragraphs of whining and crying. Much like every perpetually dissatisfied mouthbreather on here. No constructive feedback. Only ridiculous outlandish accusations, personal attacks on WGCB staff, technically impossible demands, imaginary ulterior motives, no critical thinking skills, no ability to have a mature conversation. No comprehension that things are nuanced. People personally attacking CC's/CA's. I'm sick of it. Every single whiner on here, its the same story. A swirling cesspool of negativity. We can be better than this as a community. We can be critical without getting personal. 

**WARNING: This post contains Gluten.**

non-attorney spokesperson

update 6.0 poll

JustSpartan85-p #38 Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:19 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4027 battles

Since first coming to this forums on 15/12/20 to see if anyone else was thinking the same as me (wth). I can say that I have agreed with every one of your posts. I'm off to WOT PC when I can sort out a graphics card.

Good luck in whatever you chose to do / play brother, you will be missed by those that matter.

GhostRider110-x #39 Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:47 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34743 battles
  • [SCIT]

In memoriam

World of Tanks Console

14th February 2014 to 15th December 2020

WGCB fluffed downgrade 6.0 - The game is playable

Xenith_Inc-p #40 Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8172 battles

OP echoes my thoughts. Valour was the bright point, missed the 2019 BF prem time sale, was going to get in 2020, but for the season mess. Then this edition dropped, and havent bought any more time, despite the overly generous sale that basically went from BF to Jan 2nd. 

The game itself is still ok, the rest of the UX is horrible. Everything between pushing the 'multiplayer' button and getting into a game should be scrapped and reverted. 

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users