Nearly one month out, and still years away.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

ooo NO ONE ooo-x #41 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 66982 battles
  • [MMTLS]

Very well said OP. I would love to play again. I keep checking these forums but can see virtually no improvement or hope.

It is hard to believe it has been nearly a month and so little has been done. I guess the answer is in the previous sentence. 

Edited by ooo NO ONE ooo-x, 11 January 2021 - 11:50 AM.

MilitaryGoose05-x #42 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17267 battles

View Postooo NO ONE ooo-x, on 11 January 2021 - 11:25 AM, said:

Very well. I would love to play again. I keep checking these forums but can see virtually no improvement or hope.

It is hard to believe it has been nearly a month and so little has been done. I guess the answer is in the previous sentence. 

They fixed the music that plays on the loading screens, what more do you want?

ooo NO ONE ooo-x #43 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 66982 battles
  • [MMTLS]

View PostMilitaryGoose05-x, on 11 January 2021 - 11:35 AM, said:

They fixed the music that plays on the loading screens, what more do you want?

Seriously? They have? Wow, count me in then.

Black RL-x #44 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:59 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 60830 battles

I understand your position, and trully, that's what you should do, leave, because in the end it's just a game.

I just don't aprove the lack of tolerance towards people that like the game, that like different things, because just like you say:

View PostMournblood-x, on 10 January 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

I don't wish any ill on the players who continue to play this game for whatever reasons that compel them to do so, whether that's Premium time you don't wish to leave on the table, or Gold you don't wish to leave unspent, or simply because the prospect of having to find a new game to play is just too daunting. But that's where my good will ends. For the vapid fanboys - those who blindly support the game - you do yourself and the game a disservice. It's only through critical and meaningful feedback that positive and productive change can be facilitated - though I'll concede that Wargaming has certainly made it clear that they are uninterested in player feedback. Nevertheless, simply endorsing the changes because you set the bar for quality and value far lower than anyone else doesn't help anyone, not Wargaming, nor your fellow players for whom you indirectly rely on to keep the game alive and solvent. While you're fanaticism is not unique to this game, it is a cancer that eats away at every game on the market.

The gamers you don't agree with might be causing the shift in the gaming industry, but people like you, that lack tolerance, are causing a far greater problem, the current state of our World.

Good luck and never invest too much of yourself in something you don't control, specially games, they're suppose to be fun!

Gotta catch them all! ^^

My hateful 4: Food a p2w mechanism, New player experience vs veteran player, Are overpowered premium tanks p2w? and Why World of Tanks can't shake off being perceived as a p2w game. About Understanding Mentor skill, RNG affects the outcome of games, here's why, broken tanks, True Vision feedback, 6.0 update feedback.

See what happens to your tank in real time when you use equipment, supplies or crew skills in tanks.gg. Amazing WN8 site dedicated to console WoTStars.com, awesome tracker of active players WOTC_Tracker (Twitter), and WoTC Tracker (GitHub). How the community greets newcomers.

IIBSWAT-x #45 Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 51750 battles

View PostBlack RL-x, on 11 January 2021 - 11:59 AM, said:

.... because in the end it's just a game.

... but people like you, that lack tolerance, are causing a far greater problem, the current state of our World.

So it's just a game but people that don't like it, don't want to wait for the mess to be sorted and disagree with with people that blindly accept crap are causing a greater problem for the world.

Total contradictory rubbish and a shame there is not a down vote.

Black RL-x #46 Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 60830 battles

View PostIIBSWAT-x, on 11 January 2021 - 12:08 PM, said:

So it's just a game but people that don't like it, don't want to wait for the mess to be sorted and disagree with with people that blindly accept crap are causing a greater problem for the world.

Total contradictory rubbish and a shame there is not a down vote.

No, people that lack tolerance towards other people, I don't care what he thinks about the game, what he thinks about people that like it it's the issue.

Why would you need a down or up vote? Would that make you feel better?

Gotta catch them all! ^^

My hateful 4: Food a p2w mechanism, New player experience vs veteran player, Are overpowered premium tanks p2w? and Why World of Tanks can't shake off being perceived as a p2w game. About Understanding Mentor skill, RNG affects the outcome of games, here's why, broken tanks, True Vision feedback, 6.0 update feedback.

See what happens to your tank in real time when you use equipment, supplies or crew skills in tanks.gg. Amazing WN8 site dedicated to console WoTStars.com, awesome tracker of active players WOTC_Tracker (Twitter), and WoTC Tracker (GitHub). How the community greets newcomers.

Liordes-p #47 Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22374 battles

Personally, i currently continue to play the game because i am thinking that they are going to do the things players want. Hopefully, there are going to do so. Moreover, i have spent a lot of time on this game.

I really wish that there was an option to transfer account among different platforms. I would definitely move my account to PC because i still want to play this game.

I have been playing on PC version in the last couple of days and i think you can not even compare PC version to console. It is much much better.

Edited by Liordes-p, 11 January 2021 - 01:26 PM.

Lysith3a-x #48 Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16482 battles
If you could transfer accounts to PC then I suspect the console playerbase would be decimated.

I aim to misbehave

FFpriest-x #49 Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:14 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21377 battles
  • [C7CAV]

View PostMournblood-x, on 10 January 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

This will be my last post on these forums. I've spent enough time and energy expressing my intense dismay and dissatisfaction with 6.0, and I feel it's time I take that time and energy and invest it somewhere else more productive. I've spent more time on the forums in the last month than I have in my prior 6 years combined. To put it plainly, this game - this studio - is just not worth my time or energy anymore. It's been made abundantly and painfully clear that Wargaming has no regard for their players, other than how much money they can squeeze out of them. So without further preamble, here's my final thoughts....

It's been nearly one month since 6.0 irrevocably changed this game, and to possibly undo the irreparable damage that it's done to this game, the reputation of the studio, and its player base will take years assuming the game is still around that long. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure they can recover from this, but I'm certainly no authority here, and despite my long years of gaming and having seen the outcome of disastrous mismanagement in other games similar to this one (e.g. Trion Worlds with Defiance), Wargaming may yet somehow pull this out of the fire. But I have neither the time nor the inclination to continue supporting this awful game while waiting for any of that to happen, and I'm loathe to endorse a studio for its greed and incompetence with my playtime or my money.

Maybe this will be a watershed moment for their studio. Maybe they'll come to finally understand that without their players, they are nothing. Without industry standards such as a fully integrated QA and UAT process in their SDLC, the most well-intentioned development will wreak all manner of havoc in their game and amongst their player base. That understanding their own game, intimately, and their customers, and being fully transparent through open and honest communication about design decisions are foundations for success. That making the game good, or better, will do more for the longevity of the game than any myopic, short-term goals of surreptitious design intended to soak more revenue from their players. And the humility to accept that they, the developers, don't always know what's best for the game. As obvious as some of that sounds, it seems to have eluded them completely, or perhaps intentionally. Yet the cynic in me highly doubts anything will change with this studio until its forced upon them.

To the developers at Wargaming who are directly responsible for this unmitigated mess, you are literally your own worst enemy. Your failure to connect with the players, your open and blatant disregard for your customers beyond how much money you can make from them, your unwillingness to solicit and listen to valuable player feedback, your deceptive business practices to obfuscate your design intentions and to ostensibly steal money from your players that they wouldn't have given you otherwise, your inability to truly understand what was working in your own game and what wasn't, and your arrogance and pride that are even now preventing you from accepting accountability for the profoundly terrible mistake you have made here and realizing that your only course forward is to return the game to its 5.0 state and start over, will likely in the end be your studio's undoing.

Since you refuse to listen to your players, maybe you'll actually hear them when more of them vote with their wallets and withdraw their financial support from your game. Trust me when I tell you, more will quit and/or stop giving you money in the months to come. The consequences may not present themselves immediately in your next quarterly earnings report, but eventually, the fallout from 6.0 will reach your bottom line. And then, after it's too late to do anything about it, someone will be held accountable in your company as you have some very difficult discussions trying to explain what went wrong and how it got to the point where the console revenue dried up and the game became financially unsustainable. That's what I see happening in your future. I've seen it happen before for other studios that made the exact same mistake you are making right now. At the very least, if you don't learn anything from this, you'll only make the same mistake again down the road, perhaps with update 7.0, if you manage to limp that far. History has a tendency of repeating itself when those lessons are ignored and not learned.

That all being said, I want to make a few things clear. I absolutely loved this game, even at its lowest points, and I've spent countless hours and money (more than I'd like to admit) supporting WoTC over the past 6+ years. I've had a lot of good times with my friends in this game. I've had some amazing, crazy fun matches in this game. I've also had quite a few profanity-laced frustrations. I've advocated on these forums for positive changes, such as with matchmaking and balance issues. I've slowly but surely improved as a player over the years from "Average" to "Great" according to WN8, and was nearly at "Unicum" level right before I quit. It's been a long, sometimes hard, but ultimately enjoyable road I have travelled with this game. But that journey has now come to its inexorable end. That unavoidable decision is a consequence of 6.0, which bears no similarity to the game I loved to play in 5.0 and earlier, other than the fact that both versions have tanks in them.

I don't wish any ill on the players who continue to play this game for whatever reasons that compel them to do so, whether that's Premium time you don't wish to leave on the table, or Gold you don't wish to leave unspent, or simply because the prospect of having to find a new game to play is just too daunting. But that's where my good will ends. For the vapid fanboys - those who blindly support the game - you do yourself and the game a disservice. It's only through critical and meaningful feedback that positive and productive change can be facilitated - though I'll concede that Wargaming has certainly made it clear that they are uninterested in player feedback. Nevertheless, simply endorsing the changes because you set the bar for quality and value far lower than anyone else doesn't help anyone, not Wargaming, nor your fellow players for whom you indirectly rely on to keep the game alive and solvent. While you're fanaticism is not unique to this game, it is a cancer that eats away at every game on the market.

To the rest of my fellow tankers out there in this community, many of whom I've come to respect for your modesty, your sportsmanship, and your skill, I thank each and every one of you for all the good matches you've given me over the years, and even for some of the advice along the way. But I do not think any less of any of you who have suppressed your dedication to this game in the face of the sobering reality that it's not the same game anymore, and it's worse for it in nearly every way. It's unfortunate and sad, but when faced with extreme situations such as this, the only logical, reasonable choice left to most of us is to move on. If you've already done so, you should be commended for your conviction, not vilified for it.

For anyone else still on the fence, or for those who are new to the community and either just curious what all the drama is about or who are trying to research the game before you dip your toe into the murky waters of WoTC, I invite you to watch the videos below. The authenticity of the outraged reaction, the abysmal changes that were made to the game for reasons that no one fully comprehends or asked for, and yet nearly everyone hates, all of which continue to ring true nearly a month out from 6.0. For those who find themselves in agreement with the sentiment of the videos and decide to leave the game, maybe one day, we'll meet again on the other side.

World Of Tanks Console Update 6.0: Heartbroken, Disgusted, Dissapointed | Quitting WoT Console - YouTube

(1) An Update on World of Tanks Console Update 6.0 | Going Nowhere - YouTube

God Bless and good luck to all of you. Audentes fortuna juvat.

Very well put. I agree 100%.

AskingCupid78-x #50 Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57910 battles

There is absolutely no point in continiuing playing if you dont enjoy it and have fun.

The worst part is that WGCB kept on selling premium time and tanks right until the end, and then ported the players over to an new crappy game, that nobody had asked for, while they kept the Players/Customers in the dark.

Shady and scummy buisness practice.

PRI Tempest-x #51 Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 48068 battles
One of the best post yet! Straw camel- camel straw .

JustSpartan85-p #52 Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:34 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4027 battles

View PostAskingCupid78-x, on 11 January 2021 - 01:44 PM, said:

There is absolutely no point in continiuing playing if you dont enjoy it and have fun.

The worst part is that WGCB kept on selling premium time and tanks right until the end, and then ported the players over to an new crappy game, that nobody had asked for, while they kept the Players/Customers in the dark.

Agreed....

”He who does not pay attention to history, is doomed to fail” - Arnold Schwarzenegger 

There will be no refunds (or sympathy) when the server shuts down at the end of this year after a BIG BLACK Friday sale, just tears and regret.

BASIAN5K1-x #53 Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48177 battles
I’m still playing but I’m not sure who I am shooting at or who is killing me. I’m also losing a lot of silver if I play 10s. The game is still there, just very broken from where it was before 6.0

Tankadelphia606-x #54 Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22052 battles
  • [T-E]

View PostWalkingTinCan-x, on 11 January 2021 - 09:06 AM, said:

Want some cheese with that whine?

Love a good extra sharp irish cheddar. Pairs well w/ logic, reason, level-headedness, honesty, nuanced discussion & the like :popcorn:

">

Tankadelphia606-x #55 Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22052 battles
  • [T-E]

View PostBlack RL-x, on 11 January 2021 - 11:59 AM, said:

I understand your position, and trully, that's what you should do, leave, because in the end it's just a game.

I just don't aprove the lack of tolerance towards people that like the game, that like different things, because just like you say:

The gamers you don't agree with might be causing the shift in the gaming industry, but people like you, that lack tolerance, are causing a far greater problem, the current state of our World.

Good luck and never invest too much of yourself in something you don't control, specially games, they're suppose to be fun!

Yes! Well done.
">

STUART SHERMAN-x #56 Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:23 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44447 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostBlack RL-x, on 11 January 2021 - 07:24 AM, said:

No, people that lack tolerance towards other people, I don't care what he thinks about the game, what he thinks about people that like it it's the issue.

Was it,”I don’t wish ill on anyone who continues to play the game for whatever reason...”, or “...those that blindly support the game - you do yourself and the game a disservice.”? 
I’ll admit the, “But that’s where my good will ends.” comment was marginally harsh, but lukewarm at worst. 
I’m not trying to be contrary but exactly where was the intolerance?  Am I missing something? 

DertyChewbacca-x #57 Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9335 battles
Great post bro. Unfortunately, no one at WGCB gives a [edited]about your opinion, but that's because they refuse to believe that it's a bad update. Take care of yourself.

In memoriam 

World of Tanks Console 

15th February 2014 to 15th December 2020

Ditch Doc-x #58 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:46 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28044 battles

View PostBlack RL-x, on 11 January 2021 - 12:24 PM, said:

Hey man. We’ve all been here for years. I’ve got no problem with someone who likes the update. I don’t, but seriously, who cares what I think? But here’s the truth, in terms of intolerance, you were the one who first said, “people like you” who think... By my reading, you are the intolerant one. I’ve read a lot of your posts, and I think you’ve been trying to engage, but you’ll never get anywhere if you start by telling people you think they’re stupid. We need to have more respect for each other, in some weird way, all these people are our peers.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly. ”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked. ”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Black RL-x #59 Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:50 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 60830 battles

View PostSTUART SHERMAN-x, on 12 January 2021 - 12:23 AM, said:

Was it,”I don’t wish ill on anyone who continues to play the game for whatever reason...”, or “...those that blindly support the game - you do yourself and the game a disservice.”? 
I’ll admit the, “But that’s where my good will ends.” comment was marginally harsh, but lukewarm at worst. 
I’m not trying to be contrary but exactly where was the intolerance?  Am I missing something? 

You just said it friend, I honestly wish you good luck in your next game.

View PostDitch Doc-x, on 12 January 2021 - 04:46 AM, said:

Hey man. We’ve all been here for years. I’ve got no problem with someone who likes the update. I don’t, but seriously, who cares what I think? But here’s the truth, in terms of intolerance, you were the one who first said, “people like you” who think... By my reading, you are the intolerant one. I’ve read a lot of your posts, and I think you’ve been trying to engage, but you’ll never get anywhere if you start by telling people you think they’re stupid. We need to have more respect for each other, in some weird way, all these people are our peers.

No one cares with what we think, we're not relevant in the grand scheme of WOT.

Will stupid people get anywhere? You can be critical without being an "extremist", specially if you're talking about a game, the I don't agree/don't like anyone that doesn't think like me mentality only further polarizes people.

And that's one of the reasons our "community" is a joke, just look at the forum, people can't agree and are always discussing between them, always resorting to insult, and they expect Wargaming to listen? To whom exactly?

Gotta catch them all! ^^

Reaper_-218--p #60 Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31771 battles

View PostSTUART SHERMAN-x, on 11 January 2021 - 10:19 AM, said:

Good luck OP. I’m not uninstalling yet but I’m not going to play New Game as it is now. Shame tho as it seems that the writing is on the wall at least for me.

If I do get back to playing again it won’t be the hours on end like in the “old days”, and no more financial support period. 

I'm still hoping the game will return to more like it was.

I am playing this season's op to get the reward tanks, just in case the game gets fixed, but I am pretty sure I will have to find something else to waste my time on

View PostDitch Doc-x, on 11 January 2021 - 12:11 PM, said:

Same thing here. I won’t uninstall, because I want to be able to come back if the game ever gets fun again, but I stopped playing. But I’m starting to feel like the silence from WG about certain requested fixes is deafening.  Maybe I missed it, but I have not heard anyone from WG even hint they intend to replace the useless chevron with the tank information and health bar. Every day without anyone speaking on it feels more like a confirmation that they want us to rely on the Advanced Targeting equipment and forget we ever used to have more information about the battlefield. I feel increasingly certain they’ll fly this crate straight into a mountain just to prove a a point.

I think you are right.

WG Console seem to have the arrogance that they will continue with this version, no matter what the consequences will be.

Oh well, it's THIER JOBS on the line, not mine!

No more money from me

View PostAskingCupid78-x, on 11 January 2021 - 11:44 PM, said:

I got suckered into buying a years premium time. I would never have done so if I new this game would turn into what it is now!

A corrupt business practice, because WG never even hinted while they were selling the Premium Time, that the game would turn into a completely different one

I've learnt my lesson with regards to WG

View PostBASIAN5K1-x, on 12 January 2021 - 05:08 AM, said:

I’m still playing but I’m not sure who I am shooting at or who is killing me. I’m also losing a lot of silver if I play 10s. The game is still there, just very broken from where it was before 6.0

Exactly, being shot at by unidentifiable small red chevrons. You have to point your view directly at the chevron but then look to the side of your screen to get a glimpse of what the target is before it moves! Unbelievably stupid!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users