Can anybody explain this (a detection question)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

BlackhawkBS-x #1 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:09 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 45060 battles
  • [MUDDA]

El Hayuf:

Light Tank in the southern base. Stand still since ten seconds. A arty came from the north. Went dark. 

Now it get visible with shooting in a distance of around 100m!!!!!! It came around a house corner.

Please explain this.

The Arty must move in position to shoot and see the light. It must be detect from the light before he got detected, because some piece of the tank come around the corner first.

Or am I thinking wrong?

Pontiac Pat-x #2 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:37 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 29394 battles
  • [47R]
We'd have to see a replay.  All sorts of objects and vegetation could affect just when it would be spotted.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

imanikingoff20-x #3 Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37782 battles
  • [-ATK-]

That's how it works

Gallant Prime-x #4 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:01 AM

Major

• 52527 battles
  • [47R]

I have noticed some arties loaded up on camo skills--sitting within a couple hundred meters and were unspotted.  Particularly if a bush gave the guy cover that would help. 

On the suncoast map, saw an ironrain sitting in a large amount of bushes less than 100 or so meters from a heavy, and the ironrain just unloaded on the heavy undetected until I think proxy detected or the heavy had moved through enough bush.  

Max just recently said on the discord that the tanks without a commander is equal to an old three skill crew with camo, repairs, and firefighting.  So if you add camo again on it, plus a camo equipment, plus camo paint, plus born leader, plus silent driving, plus bush camo, plus food...that's a lot of camo.

I tuned up a T67 with all camo.  Pretty filthy on prok--3.3k damage, 4k combined, 8 kills, 42 pens, 2430 base xp.  

News, Info, Giveaways and Platooning with the WG community
Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays

pilotguy79-p #5 Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20978 battles
A video would be helpful. I’m not quite understanding your English vey well. My apologies for that. Definitely put a video up and a lot of people will be able to see what happened.

PHE0NIX RIS1NG-x #6 Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:18 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17592 battles
OP correct me if I’m wrong but I think the question was why did the arty spot the light first when it’s the one moving and still wasn’t spotted despite obvious line of sight coming around building?

Kuhl MC-x #7 Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16849 battles
Camo can get really nasty now on stealthy tanks. Pushed my E-25 down to 197m of still concealment, had Russian Heavies pass my position in an array of bushes and trees at somewhat around 80m, stayed undetected and gave them a spanking afterwards.

MaxChaos24-x #8 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:00 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14222 battles
  • [CPTST]

View PostBlackhawkBS-x, on 12 January 2021 - 07:09 PM, said:

El Hayuf:

Light Tank in the southern base. Stand still since ten seconds. A arty came from the north. Went dark. 

Now it get visible with shooting in a distance of around 100m!!!!!! It came around a house corner.

Please explain this.

The Arty must move in position to shoot and see the light. It must be detect from the light before he got detected, because some piece of the tank come around the corner first.

Or am I thinking wrong?

Hello, was going to watch the replay to see what happened, however, I don't see you playing any Light tanks on El Halluf recently. Was it a different map or possibly a different tank?

Click to send in a Support Ticket!

Haukkis-x #9 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38843 battles

View PostGallant Prime-x, on 13 January 2021 - 04:01 AM, said:

Max just recently said on the discord that the tanks without a commander is equal to an old three skill crew with camo, repairs, and firefighting.  

Interesting. Why WG don't give up those details in game or somewhere we can easily find them? That was the first time I've heard of that.

Lysith3a-x #10 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15519 battles

View PostHaukkis-x, on 13 January 2021 - 02:17 PM, said:

Interesting. Why WG don't give up those details in game or somewhere we can easily find them? That was the first time I've heard of that.

State secret....

I aim to misbehave

RustyRat63-p #11 Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:59 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16296 battles

View PostBlackhawkBS-x, on 13 January 2021 - 12:09 AM, said:

El Hayuf:

Please explain this.

Or am I thinking wrong?

Exact figures will differ depending on what artillery it is, but they can have camo on the arty and equip the advanced concealment equipment (reduces detectability) and perhaps Improved Ventilation on some (Increase crew performance). The commander can equip silent driving (55% decrease to the effect of driving on camo factor), camouflage expertise (10% increase to your vehicles camouflage factor), Born Leader (10% increase to skill effectiveness and crew performance) and potentially get a boost from Green Thumb (10% increase to vehicle camo factor when in foliage. You start to build a very stealthy tank, but can also equip items to increase their own viewing range.

Get an arty set up like that and light tanks can get a shock. Arty such as the FV304 needs a stealthy setup, because of the extreme short range of its gun (outranged by pretty much every tank in the game).

BlackhawkBS-x #12 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:35 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 45060 battles
  • [MUDDA]
The Arty comes, while moving, arround the corner. Unspotted. The light stand still. No tree, No bush. 

Gallant Prime-x #13 Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:54 AM

Major

• 52527 battles
  • [47R]

View PostHaukkis-x, on 13 January 2021 - 08:17 AM, said:

Idk, I think they kind of said some things around it but nothing as definite as Max said there.  This was in a discussion about new players in tier 3s when this came out.  Others knew about the camo and repairs, which I remember hearing before, but the firefighting wasn't known.  I guess in someways we have 12 perk crews (compared to old crews) with WG essentially telling the playerbase, "Hey you really need these three skills."  Given some of the skill set ups I have seen, forcing these 3 basic skills doesn't seem unreasonable.  Now if only sixth sense can be added to that...  

News, Info, Giveaways and Platooning with the WG community
Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users