Update hud bug priority

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Ditch Doc-x #1 Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27617 battles

Hey WG,

It’s hard to believe there is a plan without seeing some sign of the programmer team priorities  Please give us a list so we can see what you currently are working on, what you are planning to fix next, etc. It doesn’t have to be perfect, and it can evolve, but give a little insight please. The way things stand at the moment, it feels like you don’t plan to fix certain things but don’t want to tell us. For example, I really don’t think you plan to give back the tank class and health bar over all enemy and friendly tanks. I hope I’m wrong, it just feels that way, since I haven’t heard it mentioned by you guys. 

The complete absence of any roadmap leads to speculation on our part and simmering discontent. Minto has done a really great job of reassuring us that you are hearing us, but a few details from the dev team could help us see what to look forward to.

If I missed something that was announced, my apologies. I’ve been losing interest as I lose faith that anything substantial is on the way.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly. ”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked. ”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

GatoFuegoe-x #2 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13772 battles
  • [NOTGD]

This is probably the best you're going to get:

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/holiday-announcement/

Edited by GatoFuegoe-x, 13 January 2021 - 07:19 PM.

matematicalone-p #3 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5565 battles

That would be really stupid if they refuse to restore that class/tier/HP info. It should be simply added as an option to customize. Like click Options, and under gameplay tab you add: Classic HUD (5.0 HUD with red/green), Modern HUD (blue/orange with transparent displays), Health info bar, Battle ribbons, Kill feed (with details about tank type, class, gt), Topographic minimap (this is not about map position), Transparent minimap.

Keep it simple.

''There is no 'i' in team but there is in win.'', Michael Jordan

''If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.'', Muhammad Ali

1vs6 last man standing Kolobanov's

Ditch Doc-x #4 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27617 battles

View PostGatoFuegoe-x, on 13 January 2021 - 07:16 PM, said:

This is probably the best you're going to get:

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/holiday-announcement/

Yeah, I read that back then and it gave me a little optimism, but too much silence and too few details since then feels like another kind of message. 

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly. ”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked. ”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

N6X507-p #5 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostDitch Doc-x, on 13 January 2021 - 06:58 PM, said:

Hey WG,

It’s hard to believe there is a plan without seeing some sign of the programmer team priorities  Please give us a list so we can see what you currently are working on, what you are planning to fix next, etc. It doesn’t have to be perfect, and it can evolve, but give a little insight please. The way things stand at the moment, it feels like you don’t plan to fix certain things but don’t want to tell us. For example, I really don’t think you plan to give back the tank class and health bar over all enemy and friendly tanks. I hope I’m wrong, it just feels that way, since I haven’t heard it mentioned by you guys. 

The complete absence of any roadmap leads to speculation on our part and simmering discontent. Minto has done a really great job of reassuring us that you are hearing us, but a few details from the dev team could help us see what to look forward to.

If I missed something that was announced, my apologies. I’ve been losing interest as I lose faith that anything substantial is on the way.

I am wondering if you are serious when you post this kind of request...

Aside from the fact that those who write the code have nothing to do with the orientation of the game itself, you, as a long time player, knows pretty well of WG' proverbial secrecy. I was following on another tread about CA's and CC's, and those guys which are meant to promulgate World of Tanks know next to nothing in advance.

It seems pretty obvious to me, and I have less experience than you have, that anything they are doing, WG keep close to their chest.

There is however one of your statement which is very true. When WG makes an announcement, but later deviate from making good on it, they should provide an explanation.

So Minto, if you read this, an announcement was made that tanks would be reviewed every 15 days for either nerf or buff. This has now slipped many times. Can you at least tell us if the programmed has been pulled or set aside temporarily?

M4ntiX-x #6 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39067 battles
  • [JOCO]
http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-1243/announcement-101-known-issues/

RIP WOTC December 15, 2020 

Current game frustration level: ███████████  110% I quit.

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

Ditch Doc-x #7 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27617 battles

View Postmatematicalone-p, on 13 January 2021 - 07:18 PM, said:

That would be really stupid if they refuse to restore that class/tier/HP info. It should be simply added as an option to customize. Like click Options, and under gameplay tab you add: Classic HUD (5.0 HUD with red/green), Modern HUD (blue/orange with transparent displays), Health info bar, Battle ribbons, Kill feed (with details about tank type, class, gt), Topographic minimap (this is not about map position), Transparent minimap.

Keep it simple.

That would be very nice. I just want to hear which of our requests they are working on, so we can know what they aren’t willing to change.

matematicalone-p #8 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5565 battles

View PostDitch Doc-x, on 13 January 2021 - 08:28 PM, said:

That would be very nice. I just want to hear which of our requests they are working on, so we can know what they aren’t willing to change.

Well so far we could hear that they will work on bringing familiarity back and that this Update is considered to be only roughly laid fundaments of the game. Bringing back all missing info from the 5.0 HUD is what I consider by ''bringing back familiarity''.

It should be pretty basic fix. Allowing people to customize their HUD would be like next gen standard.

''There is no 'i' in team but there is in win.'', Michael Jordan

''If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.'', Muhammad Ali

1vs6 last man standing Kolobanov's

Ditch Doc-x #9 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27617 battles

Thanks M4ntix. I know about the bug list. It wasn’t what I was after. I was looking for priorities, like, we’re doing in game HUD till we get that right, then we’re focusing on commander assignment interface, then tech tree arrangement, then silver economy...etc. Honestly, I don’t expect much. But it would be a good move to reassure players that something is happening. 

View PostN6X507-p, on 13 January 2021 - 07:24 PM, said:

I am wondering if you are serious when you post this kind of request...

Aside from the fact that those who write the code have nothing to do with the orientation of the game itself, you, as a long time player, knows pretty well of WG' proverbial secrecy. I was following on another tread about CA's and CC's, and those guys which are meant to promulgate World of Tanks know next to nothing in advance.

It seems pretty obvious to me, and I have less experience than you have, that anything they are doing, WG keep close to their chest.

There is however one of your statement which is very true. When WG makes an announcement, but later deviate from making good on it, they should provide an explanation.

So Minto, if you read this, an announcement was made that tanks would be reviewed every 15 days for either nerf or buff. This has now slipped many times. Can you at least tell us if the programmed has been pulled or set aside temporarily?

Yeah, I was serious. And yes it’s unlikely based on past trends, but I think it’s the right thing to do. 

UltimoPit385186-x #10 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34366 battles
Title reminded me of Oliver Twist. Please sir can I have some more? Yes a thin gruel of fixes 92% of folk don't care about.

MilitaryGoose05-x #11 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16936 battles
Remember they 'fixed' the minimap placement by putting in a feature that you have to move the map every. single. game. you play, so, I think it's fair to assume they're not going to fix anything.

Ditch Doc-x #12 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27617 battles

View PostUltimoPit385186-x, on 13 January 2021 - 07:43 PM, said:

Title reminded me of Oliver Twist. Please sir can I have some more? Yes a thin gruel of fixes 92% of folk don't care about.

That got a laugh. Thanks Pit!

M4ntiX-x #13 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39067 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostDitch Doc-x, on 13 January 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

Thanks M4ntix. I know about the bug list. It wasn’t what I was after. I was looking for priorities, like, we’re doing in game HUD till we get that right, then we’re focusing on commander assignment interface, then tech tree arrangement, then silver economy...etc. Honestly, I don’t expect much. But it would be a good move to reassure players that something is happening. 

Oh, yeah... Good luck trying to get that kind of information from WG. (or any kind of information for that matter).

Have they made the HUD modular yet like Pain promised on day 1 after downgrade 6.0 release?

RIP WOTC December 15, 2020 

Current game frustration level: ███████████  110% I quit.

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

Ditch Doc-x #14 Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27617 battles

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 13 January 2021 - 07:59 PM, said:

Oh, yeah... Good luck trying to get that kind of information from WG. (or any kind of information for that matter).

Have they made the HUD modular yet like Pain promised on day 1 after downgrade 6.0 release?

I know, right? It’s just bad PR. Oh well, the upside is I finally got a PC and started playing over there, so that’s one good thing that came of this.

ToxicBullbog-p #15 Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22200 battles

I'm pretty sure it's just a dart board with random stuff on.

Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

3 MoE Tanks: 76                               Latest: JagdTiger 8.8                             Greatest: TOG II

Really didn't think about the new perks effects on Arty did you?

radonism-x #16 Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20018 battles
The only reason a roadmap isn’t published is that they are worried people would leave if it didn’t match their expectations. It’s a weird way of doing things. You know, perhaps interacting (truly, not pretending) with the community and feeding back what’s in store might, in fact, stop people leaving... But, there’s historic arrogance from WGCB stopping them admitting mistakes and a lack of integrity to commit to fixing them.

Like maps. Seems a big deal for many (and the game is quite dull currently due in part to poor map rotation). There’s just vagueness on what, when and why. We had all this stuff in the past about max file sizes, which turned out to be false. Why make stuff up? It’s been years now with fewer maps. Why is that? Next gen upgrades is a convenient excuse now, but wasn’t a few years ago. My money is on very stripped out development team lacking in the required competence at the capacity needed. They could just say the truth, whatever it is. People would understand and respect the honesty and clarity, but I’ll not hold my breath for such a revelation.

UrticateArc6122-x #17 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7108 battles

View PostMilitaryGoose05-x, on 13 January 2021 - 07:45 PM, said:

Remember they 'fixed' the minimap placement by putting in a feature that you have to move the map every. single. game. you play, so, I think it's fair to assume they're not going to fix anything.

And they've fixed the chevrons by making them bigger!

"Sooner or later, all games become serious." - J.G. Ballard

Haukkis-x #18 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38891 battles

View Postmatematicalone-p, on 13 January 2021 - 08:18 PM, said:

Keep it simple.

This!!! +1000

Derekthetree-x #19 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:23 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21080 battles
  • [BEARD]

50% hit rate on consumables working when asked yesterday. 

if they fix "Multi-tank bundle only plays music during the first tank celebration" or "FV4005 has inconsistent camo scaling" before this....

Zathustra-x #20 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:34 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30886 battles

View Postradonism-x, on 13 January 2021 - 02:10 PM, said:

The only reason a roadmap isn’t published is that they are worried people would leave if it didn’t match their expectations. It’s a weird way of doing things. You know, perhaps interacting (truly, not pretending) with the community and feeding back what’s in store might, in fact, stop people leaving... But, there’s historic arrogance from WGCB stopping them admitting mistakes and a lack of integrity to commit to fixing them.

Like maps. Seems a big deal for many (and the game is quite dull currently due in part to poor map rotation). There’s just vagueness on what, when and why. We had all this stuff in the past about max file sizes, which turned out to be false. Why make stuff up? It’s been years now with fewer maps. Why is that? Next gen upgrades is a convenient excuse now, but wasn’t a few years ago. My money is on very stripped out development team lacking in the required competence at the capacity needed. They could just say the truth, whatever it is. People would understand and respect the honesty and clarity, but I’ll not hold my breath for such a revelation.

WGCB sounds like my wife when she makes excuses and I ask her about her excuses. Her answer: You know it's not true and I know it's not true, but it sounds good. WGCB tells us falsehoods knowing they are false, also knowing it is hard for us to believe anything they say after all these years BUT their falsehoods sound good. Only thing WGCB, you're not my wife and I definitely don't appreciate your falsehoods-also don't appreciate your burying your head in the sand hoping we forget the lack of communication from you. You do know, WGCB, that lack of communication on your part only causes even MORE PROBLEMS!

Also tagged with Update, hud, bug, priority

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users