Update hud bug priority

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Ditch Doc-x #21 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27546 battles

View PostZathustra-x, on 13 January 2021 - 09:34 PM, said:

WGCB sounds like my wife when she makes excuses and I ask her about her excuses. Her answer: You know it's not true and I know it's not true, but it sounds good. WGCB tells us falsehoods knowing they are false, also knowing it is hard for us to believe anything they say after all these years BUT their falsehoods sound good. Only thing WGCB, you're not my wife and I definitely don't appreciate your falsehoods-also don't appreciate your burying your head in the sand hoping we forget the lack of communication from you. You do know, WGCB, that lack of communication on your part only causes even MORE PROBLEMS!

That’s funny, I was thinking something similar. It’s like when I ask my boys how their homework is going. They always say, “pretty good, I should be done soon”. Then if I take them at their word, they drag it out and they’re still unfinished when it’s time to go to bed. I have to ask them for details and a plan or they just never apply themselves.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly. ”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked. ”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

STUART SHERMAN-x #22 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44089 battles
  • [FLT]

Greetings Doc,

I feel like WG has simply been in, “press on regardless”, mode hoping things will just sort themselves out. Don’t tell us anything meaningful but keep promising the moon in hopes that we will eventually accept an inferior product and get on with it.
Clearly they are planning a Modern Tank version so I’m sure they are busy with that. Meanwhile keep stringing us along until they can release that new fangled version which in turn can keep us distracted to the point that we forget what Old Game even looked like. 
You know baffle them with cow manure and keep them guessing. 

STUART

atwilliams07-p #23 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40913 battles

View PostSTUART SHERMAN-x, on 14 January 2021 - 08:27 AM, said:

Greetings Doc,

I feel like WG has simply been in, “press on regardless”, mode hoping things will just sort themselves out. Don’t tell us anything meaningful but keep promising the moon in hopes that we will eventually accept an inferior product and get on with it.
Clearly they are planning a Modern Tank version so I’m sure they are busy with that. Meanwhile keep stringing us along until they can release that new fangled version which in turn can keep us distracted to the point that we forget what Old Game even looked like. 

STUART

Absolutely.  Feels like they are trying to "ride out the storm" of 6.0 "feedback" whilst making as few "big" changes as possible, having shifted the Dev team focus to the next "big release" ... which will be released in a over-hyped fanfare and we'll "rinse & repeat"!

Ditch Doc-x #24 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27546 battles

View PostSTUART SHERMAN-x, on 13 January 2021 - 10:27 PM, said:

Greetings Doc,

STUART

Hi Stuart,

That’s what seems to be happening. I’ve got no illusions. But I really hope, for the sake of the game we loved, they get serious about being transparent about what’s coming.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly. ”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked. ”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

CostlessSun07-x #25 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 35195 battles
Apparently, "They are working really hard at fixing all of the issues in the game and value our feedback." :hiding:

Pit Friend-x #26 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37830 battles
  • [PTATO]

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

RFCAN76-x #27 Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 53610 battles
Here is something to think about, maybe the Development Team is no longer in house.  It would explain much
"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."   

Jean Baptiste Poquelin (1622 - 1673]      301 tanks in the garage as of 01/06//2021

Spoiler Update 01/06/2021

GuanoLoco63-x #28 Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:58 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11873 battles
  • [NEGAN]

To WG, 

Who is the one to decide what the priority to what gets fixed first? Yo are not listening to the community on what is to be fixed first. 95% of us don't care about store issues, a particular gun on one tank not being able to be put on, the sound of an engine not being correct, etc. What we care about is the HUD Display being corrected to where we have the information in front of our eyes and not in the upper left or lower right corners, depending on where you want your mini-map, We care about not being given the maps back that have been taken out for "updating". It seems you can  update a map while it is in rotation. It has been done with the current maps we are getting to use. We care about the commanders being put back in country order so we can find them easier. We care about putting the tanks back in country order so when we assign a commander to a tank we can find it easier. In fact it was way easier to pick the tank and then put the commander in it. We care about getting the information at the end of the game on how many shots hit versus how many penetrated and to what tanks we did damage to. we care about having the information back on the tanks guns aiming time. Right now I can look at any tank gun I want and there is nothing on how long it takes for it to aim fully. especially helpful to arty. We care about the correct damage being displayed and registered when shooting another tank. ie., Hitting a tank at point blank range in the side, hearing the audio saying nice shot, seeing the enemy tank damage go down and not getting the credit for said shot. We care about getting at least 4 man platoons back. A lot of us play with many friends and being able to play 5 man platoons was what some of us did 95% of our playing time. It would of been better to not allow 5 of the same type of tank to run together. 

This update was poorly timed and way too big to be bringing out two weeks before the holidays. It should of been done in pieces and fixed and then another piece done. Bring back maps and fix the HUD and that will bring a lot of the players back. Show some good faith to the community and have some guts. Minto has been pounded on because you decided to roll this mess out. Just my humble opinion.

Ditch Doc-x #29 Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27546 battles

View PostRFCAN76-x, on 14 January 2021 - 01:19 AM, said:

Here is something to think about, maybe the Development Team is no longer in house.  It would explain much

You could be right. That would definitely explain the slow flash to bang. Although they could still say what priorities have been assigned to whatever team is doing the actual work.

Ditch Doc-x #30 Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27546 battles

View PostPit Friend-x, on 13 January 2021 - 11:47 PM, said:

Lol! I had to look this up, even though I could tell it was funny. Now I know the word Moblin.

MilitaryGoose05-x #31 Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16930 battles

View PostDitch Doc-x, on 14 January 2021 - 07:40 PM, said:

You could be right. That would definitely explain the slow flash to bang. Although they could still say what priorities have been assigned to whatever team is doing the actual work.

Good point. Maybe there was only enough money to pay the dev team up until the new year, which is why 6.0 was rushed out. And now there is no dev team, which is why the only fixes we've had are really minor things, often incompetently done?

Zachattack1cub-x #32 Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9802 battles

View Postradonism-x, on 13 January 2021 - 03:10 PM, said:

The only reason a roadmap isn’t published is that they are worried people would leave if it didn’t match their expectations. It’s a weird way of doing things. You know, perhaps interacting (truly, not pretending) with the community and feeding back what’s in store might, in fact, stop people leaving... But, there’s historic arrogance from WGCB stopping them admitting mistakes and a lack of integrity to commit to fixing them.

Like maps. Seems a big deal for many (and the game is quite dull currently due in part to poor map rotation). There’s just vagueness on what, when and why. We had all this stuff in the past about max file sizes, which turned out to be false. Why make stuff up? It’s been years now with fewer maps. Why is that? Next gen upgrades is a convenient excuse now, but wasn’t a few years ago. My money is on very stripped out development team lacking in the required competence at the capacity needed. They could just say the truth, whatever it is. People would understand and respect the honesty and clarity, but I’ll not hold my breath for such a revelation.

On the topic of a stripped out dev team, dunno if it's become common knowledge yet but WG C-B hired about 50% of their current dev team from the failed wreckage that was Armored Warfare's console division dev team. It's why the game looks so eerily similar, why none of them seem to be listening, and why there's a multitude of bugs that would rival a Bethesda game release.
Aimed to own every tank in the game - No longer a dream of mine.

Zachattack1cub-x #33 Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:59 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9802 battles

View PostMilitaryGoose05-x, on 14 January 2021 - 03:44 PM, said:

Good point. Maybe there was only enough money to pay the dev team up until the new year, which is why 6.0 was rushed out. And now there is no dev team, which is why the only fixes we've had are really minor things, often incompetently done?

Well, as the saying goes, ya want something done right, ya gotta do it yourself. Imma look into this and see what I find about the state of WGCB.
Aimed to own every tank in the game - No longer a dream of mine.

Also tagged with Update, hud, bug, priority

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users