Has vr 6.0 modified the battling ability perception on certain tanks?

vr 6.0 good bad tank perception

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

N6X507-p #1 Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

I have not resumed playing yet, since vr 6.0; waiting for the main bugs to be straightened out.

However I have followed many streams from people who were saying that not so great tanks suddenly became a lot more competitive in version 6.0;

Is it something that you guys also noticed? tanks that used to be great are no longer that, and second fiddle tanks are now shining?

Dialga88-x #2 Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 4612 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostN6X507-p, on 13 January 2021 - 07:40 PM, said:

I have not resumed playing yet, since vr 6.0; waiting for the main bugs to be straightened out.

However I have followed many streams from people who were saying that not so great tanks suddenly became a lot more competitive in version 6.0;

Is it something that you guys also noticed? tanks that used to be great are no longer that, and second fiddle tanks are now shining?

Absolutely. Arty Hit and Miss (My favourite being the BC 155 58 since 6.0, Pre 6.0 it was the Object 261 but don't like it as much now). The one tank i noticed really shine was the Iron Rain Borsig, It was powerful but hated the Derpy Gun but since 6.0 i had my best game of the year with 9 kills and a Kolobanovs. Russian Heavies like Hydra i got down to about 0.37 Dispersion. Iron Rain + Object 268 V down to about 0.28, Skorpion G down to 0.24 and the Grille 15 down to 0.21 which is glorious to play now as well. Not got Skills to test Strv 103 B but feel that might go down to 0.19 (No Rations for any).

CostlessSun07-x #3 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 35167 battles
Seems to me that auto-loaders have really been buffed due to the ability to easily pen.  For example, roll out from cover on an enemy tank who can not see you despite being in the area and empty your clip.  Return to cover and reload, repeat.  When you pen in the range of 85-90% it really only takes good timing to have monster games.  Very little skill now, map awareness is key.

Edited by CostlessSun07-x, 13 January 2021 - 11:13 PM.

N6X507-p #4 Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:25 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

@Dialga88 aka Mashman 90:

I do not own the Iron Rain; the battle you attached encapsulates the mistakes of the enemy team; when you remain the sole adversary, your only chance to get the win is to attack. Of course, one of them decides to occupy your base; true, they had an AFK, which helped. And their Arty almost got lucky at the end...

I am currently, or rather was grinding for the Foch 155 prior to the vr 6.0 drop. I am at the Tier IX Foch. That is my extent of playing TD's so far in this game. The Iron Rain seems to be good enough to be a bit more aggressive than playing ambush which I really don't care much for. I really have no feeling for TD's.

But this was a good game on your side!

Dialga88-x #5 Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:52 PM

Staff sergeant

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 4612 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostN6X507-p, on 14 January 2021 - 03:25 PM, said:

@Dialga88 aka Mashman 90:

I do not own the Iron Rain; the battle you attached encapsulates the mistakes of the enemy team; when you remain the sole adversary, your only chance to get the win is to attack. Of course, one of them decides to occupy your base; true, they had an AFK, which helped. And their Arty almost got lucky at the end...

I am currently, or rather was grinding for the Foch 155 prior to the vr 6.0 drop. I am at the Tier IX Foch. That is my extent of playing TD's so far in this game. The Iron Rain seems to be good enough to be a bit more aggressive than playing ambush which I really don't care much for. I really have no feeling for TD's.

But this was a good game on your side!

Yep enemy came at me 1 by 1 and had enough shells to deal with it. I was lucky, heart was pumping but also held my nerve despite accepting a loss when it was 1 v 6, stayed in cove as Arty was still in play. I used to hate the Iron Rain due to dispersion, only played a handful of times but can't argue with 0.28 dispersion. Also the new 268 V has same accuracy and that can play as a paper T110E4 or a Sniping Grille 15, can do both well.

N6X507-p #6 Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

@Dialga88;

The Hydra battles are much more conclusive. Obviously a little armor changes a lot. I personally don't fancy much the heavy meta. I like my tanks to be very mobile, at the price of sporting little to no armor. That's because I don't want to be in battles where I pick the wrong side of the map, the side where the enemy is not. Relocating makes you arrive late with the outcome most likely already chosen.

N6X507-p #7 Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

@Dialga88;

After watching the last video, I can certify TD's are not for me! I don't know how you stay put and wait for a target with so much patience. I figure it is a matter of discipline. I will have to get to it, because I have really taken a bash with the Foch by being impatient!

N6X507-p #8 Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostCostlessSun07-x, on 13 January 2021 - 11:11 PM, said:

Seems to me that auto-loaders have really been buffed due to the ability to easily pen.  For example, roll out from cover on an enemy tank who can not see you despite being in the area and empty your clip.  Return to cover and reload, repeat.  When you pen in the range of 85-90% it really only takes good timing to have monster games.  Very little skill now, map awareness is key.

I have so many auto-loaders.... but I am craving for more!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users