One "Feature" that I sincerely do not like.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Questions!! (147 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you intentionally buy premium rounds and consumables with gold?

1. Yes (2 votes [1.36%])

Percentage of vote: 1.36%

2. No (145 votes [98.64%])

Percentage of vote: 98.64%

Vote Hide poll

Joco3000-x #1 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:06 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28983 battles
  • [JOCO]

It's been a number of weeks since 6.0 dropped. I wrote a sizeable feedback thread on the first day, and I have been intending to write a follow-up as I have been playing. This is, writing such a thread to a sufficient standard (for me) would take over an hour, and bluntly put I cannot be bothered to do this. There's so many things wrong with the game, even now, that I'd forget half the thing as I'm writing it. Perhaps I will get around to it another day, but there's one particular feature that I find atrocious. And it's not a new feature either, although the UI changes from 6.0 did worsen the issue.

Gold. More specifically, the ability to buy premium ammunition and consumables with gold; and the fact it defaults to gold when buying such items.

Now, I must first of all state that this is something that has never affected me, in my seven years of playing. This is partially due to me noticing and partially due to the fact I have been reasonably lucky whenever an update changes the currency selection for some individuals. It's not due to a lack of gold, I sometimes pretend I'm Mansa Musa with how much I gift out. Still, and especially with the introduction of 6.0 and all the troubles that brought, one thing has stood out to me.

Why is gold the default currency for premium rounds and consumables?

It's a simple question, and I can think of no honest answer to this. Several dishonest ones though.

It's actually at a point where, since PC has completely removed this feature entirely, where we're porting over PC tanks that don't even have the ability to buy premium ammunition with gold, and adding the ability to purchase said rounds with gold. The most egregious example of this is the FV4201/T95 tier X, as the "feature" was added a while after the tank was introduced.

I really do think that, at the very least, the default currency for this should be silver. If people want to buy it with gold, so be it, but there's quite a few that simply don't know that it's even a thing you can do. It honestly, to me at least, really does seem like it's solely there to prey on the uninformed and momentarily negligent. Not a good thing.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Haukkis-x #2 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38803 battles
Never. WG should default price of premium consumables and ammo to silver, not gold. No-one wants to use gold for those anyway.

M4ntiX-x #3 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39067 battles
  • [JOCO]
Wasn't that one of those infamous "community requested features" that absolutely had to make an appearance in 6.0? :trollface:

RIP WOTC December 15, 2020 

Current game frustration level: ███████████  110% I quit.

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

Derekthetree-x #4 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20965 battles
  • [BEARD]

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 13 January 2021 - 09:15 PM, said:

Wasn't that one of those infamous "community requested features" that absolutely had to make an appearance in 6.0? :trollface:

Was anything, at all, in 6.0 requested by the community? Seriously.

Rodimus Prime l-x #5 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23348 battles
  • [47R]

I have never intentionally purchased ammo or consumables with gold, nor would I ever consider doing so. I might be crazy but I am not a complete idiot.

Edited by Rodimus Prime l-x, 13 January 2021 - 09:41 PM.

World of Tanks Console v6.0 non-voluntary and uncompensated Beta Tester

Nocski-x #6 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23914 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostM4ntiX-x, on 13 January 2021 - 10:15 PM, said:

You sir, are correct. 

I requested on many occasions if my consumables and ammo could please default to gold every update, so I can spend my evenings checking loadouts of tanks to change it back to silver. Just so I have something to keep me busy besides actually, you know, playing the game. 

By the way, I was also the one that requested if I pretty, pretty please could take a tank into battle without a crew, because it allows for a fresh and exciting game experience. 

/s

natedaishmaster-x #7 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29379 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostDerekthetree-x, on 13 January 2021 - 01:25 PM, said:

Was anything, at all, in 6.0 requested by the community? Seriously.

-Improved HUD was requested, WG botched the implementation

-Reuseable consumables, again WG botched the implementation

-Revamped crews to an extent, not bad not good, mostly in the middle

-Equipment update to add more variety, botched by WG

-Reduced RNG, semi successful, tanks are more accurate, alpha is weird, pen is higher. OK change but needs a balance pass to look through some of the more affected tanks

-Better map quality, somewhat botched since the rotation is so limited, might be ok in the future

-Better MM, somewhat addressed by removal of 5 man platoons but it is difficult to make it much better

-Get rid of the package upgrade system, lol

WG did try to address a lot of the community complaints, they just had no idea how to implement most of the changes and screwed up because they didn't actually get feedback on what they were doing. As far as gold consumables go, it's a meme that it happens every update to some tank or another that'll get switched. You'd think after the 10th time they'd fix it but apparently not

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4

Derekthetree-x #8 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20965 battles
  • [BEARD]

View Postnatedaishmaster-x, on 13 January 2021 - 09:51 PM, said:

Its hard to think how they could have made it worse than it is now.

at least with the previous version you could skip unwanted, or useless packages. Now its just the full grind...

natedaishmaster-x #9 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29379 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostDerekthetree-x, on 13 January 2021 - 01:56 PM, said:

Its hard to think how they could have made it worse than it is now.

at least with the previous version you could skip unwanted, or useless packages. Now its just the full grind...

Thank goodness they didn't try to rework arty. Based on the rest of the update, arty probably would have turned out OP and even more broken than it is currently

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4

Ditch Doc-x #10 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27432 battles

Good poll. This has gone on far too long. There is no reason to default to gold. I can think of no acceptable explanation.

People are taking screenshots before and after playing just to avoid getting unwittingly ripped off. Needing to check and double check settings before matches is infuriating. This kind of thing destroys consumer faith. 

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly. ”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked. ”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

PYLE33-x #11 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:28 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 10086 battles

View Postnatedaishmaster-x, on 13 January 2021 - 04:51 PM, said:

-Improved HUD was requested, WG botched the implementation

-Reuseable consumables, again WG botched the implementation

-Revamped crews to an extent, not bad not good, mostly in the middle

-Equipment update to add more variety, botched by WG

-Reduced RNG, semi successful, tanks are more accurate, alpha is weird, pen is higher. OK change but needs a balance pass to look through some of the more affected tanks

-Better map quality, somewhat botched since the rotation is so limited, might be ok in the future

-Better MM, somewhat addressed by removal of 5 man platoons but it is difficult to make it much better

WG did try to address a lot of the community complaints, they just had no idea how to implement most of the changes and screwed up because they didn't actually get feedback on what they were doing. As far as gold consumables go, it's a meme that it happens every update to some tank or another that'll get switched. You'd think after the 10th time they'd fix it but apparently not

Too bad there isn't an older parent version of the game they could have taken advice and ideas from... What they have done is the equivalent of giving 4 year old children a box of crayons and letting them run amuck through someone else's house with no supervision from a responsible adult.

Usain Salt-x #12 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9073 battles
All of the above !!! :medal:

Ben The Orange-x #13 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15206 battles

This is a free to play game. It's a way of making money. They're nicknamed "Gold Rounds" for a reason. There was a time when premium ammo and consumables could only be bought with gold. That's why their silver price is so extortionate. And also compared to regular ammo. It makes sense to me why it's still a thing. Just be thankfull they let us buy it with silver, that was a community request. Otherwise we'd all be fireing standard ammo, aside from the whales and wallet warriors.

How about removing buying it with silver? That way, you'd never have them to be charged gold for them in the first place as they wouldn't be in your ammo loadout.

Edited by Ben The Orange-x, 13 January 2021 - 10:50 PM.

BrogueOne-p #14 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:48 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 26496 battles
  • [AP-EX]
I have heard that there are players out there who spend gold for everything....  How many there really are and how much cash they spend is a mystery, but for all the time I’ve spent playing WoT and sticking my nose into the various community outlets I have NEVER chatted with anyone personally(nor seen anecdotes about anyone) who does this.  I have also NEVER deliberately used gold to purchase ammunition or consumables.

f1mitku-p #15 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57232 battles
Never have done this and never would do it intentionally. The gold default price for ammo and consumables is implemented only to steal gold and thus money from the WG customers. And all those gold stealing “bugs” just can’t happen unintentionally too... at least not that many times and that often... just saying. Even the dumbest developer couldn’t do it that many times unintentionally. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Joco3000-x #16 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:55 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28983 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostBen The Orange-x, on 13 January 2021 - 10:45 PM, said:

This is a free to play game. It's a way of making money. They're nicknamed "Gold Rounds" for a reason. There was a time when premium ammo and consumables could only be bought with gold. That's why their silver price is so extortionate. And also compared to regular ammo. It makes sense to me why it's still a thing. Just be thankfull they let us buy it with silver, that was a community request. Otherwise we'd all be fireing standard ammo, aside from the whales and wallet warriors.

I could say several things, but I shall be a polite individual and just say that you are quite incorrect.

The money is made when gold is purchased. I highly doubt anyone playing this game would willingly buy premium consumables knowingly, and if they are, it's likely to be a knowledge issue. This game is quite poor at explaining things, which is yet another issue that I would need to touch on at some point. 

Premium ammunition and consumables have been purchasable with silver since the late Beta days on the old 360. It might had been a community request on PC, but over here it was just a PC/Console parity update. We used to get those before the German screw-up.

Anyhow, the community has been moaning about gold standard for years now. Might as make a formal suggestion about a change, no?

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 13 January 2021 - 10:48 PM, said:

I have heard that there are players out there who spend gold for everything.... How many there really are and how much cash they spend is a mystery, but for all the time I’ve spent playing WoT and sticking my nose into the various community outlets I have NEVER chatted with anyone personally(nor seen anecdotes about anyone) who does this. I have also NEVER deliberately used gold to purchase ammunition or consumables.

I've seen a few posts from less-knowledgeable players implying that they have brought premium ammunition with gold. Naturally, they just didn't know any better.

It's like those who spent 1k gold on crews in the older version. People did do it, just not those who knew any better.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Usain Salt-x #17 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9073 battles
It's perfectly set out so little ''johnny'' spends all his gold unknowingly,he then asks daddy for more.. It's a cheap but very profitable trick !

THAT BLOKE 500-x #18 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24026 battles
  • [-H8-]
Honestly they should just remove the option, even if there's some magical player out there who does spend their savings on prem rounds etcetera it's healthier for ALL players out there (and the game's reputation as a whole) to not be given that particular choice.

Edited by THAT BLOKE 500-x, 13 January 2021 - 11:09 PM.

natedaishmaster-x #19 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29379 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostTHAT BLOKE 500-x, on 13 January 2021 - 03:09 PM, said:

Honestly they should just remove the option, even if there's some magical player out there who does spend their savings on prem rounds etcetera it's healthier for ALL players out there (and the game's reputation as a whole) to not be given that particular choice.

Especially since the silver cost is equal to just converting the gold in the first place. The only positive to leaving the gold option is for the (very rare) whale that converts gold to silver anyways to buy premium rounds because he doesn't want to grind Premium tanks and buying the rounds with gold just saves him a step

BrogueOne-p #20 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:34 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 26496 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostJoco3000-x, on 13 January 2021 - 10:55 PM, said:

I've seen a few posts from less-knowledgeable players implying that they have brought premium ammunition with gold. Naturally, they just didn't know any better.

It's like those who spent 1k gold on crews in the older version. People did do it, just not those who knew any better.

No, I get it and that applies in a majority of cases where gold is used for ammo/consumables.  However... I have asked the question before and that’s why I believe that some “true whales” actually exist.  Not for nothing here, but I have seen several accounts over the years(you know when someone plays so well or badly that you have to immediately look at their stats) with a bucket of premium tanks and several T10s without showing any interim vehicles.... and indicator of a) possible/likely rerolls or b) someone who’s comfortable using money to have what they want out of the game.  The way to tell is: If the account has unicum stats it’s a reroll... if it has awful stats it’s likely someone too rich or too dumb to care

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

xKingTidusx-x