One "Feature" that I sincerely do not like.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Questions!! (149 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you intentionally buy premium rounds and consumables with gold?

1. Yes (2 votes [1.34%])

Percentage of vote: 1.34%

2. No (147 votes [98.66%])

Percentage of vote: 98.66%

Vote Hide poll

matematicalone-p #21 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5565 battles

View PostUsain Salt-x, on 14 January 2021 - 12:04 AM, said:

It's perfectly set out so little ''johnny'' spends all his gold unknowingly,he then asks daddy for more.. It's a cheap but very profitable trick !

That's why it's rated PEGI 7

''There is no 'i' in team but there is in win.'', Michael Jordan

''If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.'', Muhammad Ali

1vs6 last man standing Kolobanov's

duc888sps-p #22 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31379 battles

This 'topic' has been bashed to death by countless forum members for years.

It is, quite apparent, to anyone with the gift of sight, or hearing, that WGCB will simply not give up this cash cow.

What truly rankles, is that the player base still supports it by buying their tanks etc etc etc without a care.

It is a horrible underhand practice that should be condemned by every player.  But, for reasons that I will never fathom, the vast majority of players just 'accept' it as part of the game.

Times are changing in the gaming industry with pay to compete being the new meta.  Reality.

I've more or less quit Tanks, I want nothing more to do with this fleecing of unwitting and unsuspecting players that are just accepting it 'as is' and carry on regardless.

Sad really when a company that purports to listen to its community and make changes and fixes, actively does nothing.  The silence is deafening.  People really need to start questioning this.  More importantly, need to do something about it.

if 6.0 hasn't convinced you of that by now there's is simply no-hope for you.  It's their way, or the highway.

I'm not going down "they're a business they need to make money argument"  WG is a Billion dollar industry, think about that, a Billion dollar industry.  How much is enough?

I'll tell you.

Fleece everyone for every goddamn penny you can right now because it's today, and no-one knows what tomorrow will bring so take every sucker for every penny you can right now and don't spare the horses.  Do it however you can.

This is WGCB's mantra.  Threads get closed, derailed, no right of reply etc etc etc.  Tell me I'm wrong and your delusional ometer will need re-calibrating.

It never ends until the customer starts saying no, "No, that's enough.  I'm not prepared to put up with this anymore"

They've baited the hook with new modern stuff, It'll sell like hotcakes, they know it.  So do I, but I won't be buying it at the expense of taking people for an unnecessary ride along the way.

How much is enough?

...votewithyourwallet...

ZCFlayer-p #23 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11043 battles
  • [S0L0]
There is literally no reason for shells to be available to purchase with gold other than hoping players leave the option on by mistake and waste gold (or there's another "bug" where suddenly all the defaults switch to gold). If you want to buy expensive ammo and don't have the silver you can convert gold into silver at any time. The fact the option of paying gold for ammo exists is nothing more than willful and damaging greed and maliciousness. It's a mechanic that exists for the sole purpose of stealing from players and adds nothing to the game.

Pit Friend-x #24 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37787 battles
  • [PTATO]

Having an option to spend Gold for Consumables and Ammo is silly enough. If you really want to spend real money to buy these things you can always just spend it to buy Silver and then use the Silver. 

Having the currency default to Gold has absolutely no purpose other than to try and scam unsuspecting players out of real money. Especially when the currency types keep “accidentally” reverting to Gold no matter how many times you change it. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

Ben The Orange-x #25 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15251 battles

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 13 January 2021 - 10:48 PM, said:

I have heard that there are players out there who spend gold for everything.... How many there really are and how much cash they spend is a mystery, but for all the time I’ve spent playing WoT and sticking my nose into the various community outlets I have NEVER chatted with anyone personally(nor seen anecdotes about anyone) who does this. I have also NEVER deliberately used gold to purchase ammunition or consumables.

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 13 January 2021 - 11:34 PM, said:

No, I get it and that applies in a majority of cases where gold is used for ammo/consumables.  However... I have asked the question before and that’s why I believe that some “true whales” actually exist.  Not for nothing here, but I have seen several accounts over the years(you know when someone plays so well or badly that you have to immediately look at their stats) with a bucket of premium tanks and several T10s without showing any interim vehicles.... and indicator of a) possible/likely rerolls or b) someone who’s comfortable using money to have what they want out of the game.  The way to tell is: If the account has unicum stats it’s a reroll... if it has awful stats it’s likely someone too rich or too dumb to care

This is exactly how it is on the Chinese server on WoT PC. They're in to pay to win over there. Our tech tree Chiefatin on that server is heavily buffed, is a premium tank and sells for about 25,000 gold, it might even be more. Let's not forget PC's King Dragon. A fully gold tank, exclusive to the Black Market system, also 25,000 gold.

I have no doubt there are players out there intentionally paying gold for all the things we wouldn't and that's why it's still a thing. I've also seen those questionable stat pages to. I'd say Wargaming thinks it's better to keep as is even if just a small number of players are doing it. It's money coming in after all.

I'm with Brogue on this one.

Usain Salt-x #26 Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:00 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9117 battles
  • [HALAL]
Take a bow sir !! 100% spot on :honoring:

natedaishmaster-x #27 Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:02 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29395 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostPit Friend-x, on 13 January 2021 - 03:57 PM, said:

Having an option to spend Gold for Consumables and Ammo is silly enough. If you really want to spend real money to buy these things you can always just spend it to buy Silver and then use the Silver. 

Having the currency default to Gold has absolutely no purpose other than to try and scam unsuspecting players out of real money. Especially when the currency types keep “accidentally” reverting to Gold no matter how many times you change it. 

If you think about it from a whale perspective (likely a surprisingly large amount of revenue), WG want to keep them around and care far more about them than the average player so the slightly easier way of paying with strait gold instead of having to convert it for that whale is worth keeping it in, regardless of how predatory it is which is likely less of the reasoning. The mid update swaps are annoying and should have been solved by now though

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4

Joco3000-x #28 Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:05 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28983 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 13 January 2021 - 11:34 PM, said:

No, I get it and that applies in a majority of cases where gold is used for ammo/consumables.  However... I have asked the question before and that’s why I believe that some “true whales” actually exist.  Not for nothing here, but I have seen several accounts over the years(you know when someone plays so well or badly that you have to immediately look at their stats) with a bucket of premium tanks and several T10s without showing any interim vehicles.... and indicator of a) possible/likely rerolls or b) someone who’s comfortable using money to have what they want out of the game.  The way to tell is: If the account has unicum stats it’s a reroll... if it has awful stats it’s likely someone too rich or too dumb to care

I think I have seen a true whale once or twice in the past here. 

They were probably too wealthy to actually care about them wasting money.

They are few and far between though, and I don't think they were any good. After all, you can buy premium ammunition, but you can't buy the skill to use them.

The tier X rerolls I've seen far too often. I remember one guy who kept rerolling as if stats mattered. Kept rushing towards the ELC AMX, back when it was a old-school light, and getting purple stats through there.

Was moderately humorous when he kept getting shot down by those who were higher grades of purple naturally, but that's getting a tad off topic now.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Sparko969-p #29 Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:44 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2923 battles

View PostJoco3000-x, on 13 January 2021 - 09:06 PM, said:

It's been a number of weeks since 6.0 dropped. I wrote a sizeable feedback thread on the first day, and I have been intending to write a follow-up as I have been playing. This is, writing such a thread to a sufficient standard (for me) would take over an hour, and bluntly put I cannot be bothered to do this. There's so many things wrong with the game, even now, that I'd forget half the thing as I'm writing it. Perhaps I will get around to it another day, but there's one particular feature that I find atrocious. And it's not a new feature either, although the UI changes from 6.0 did worsen the issue.

Gold. More specifically, the ability to buy premium ammunition and consumables with gold; and the fact it defaults to gold when buying such items.

Now, I must first of all state that this is something that has never affected me, in my seven years of playing. This is partially due to me noticing and partially due to the fact I have been reasonably lucky whenever an update changes the currency selection for some individuals. It's not due to a lack of gold, I sometimes pretend I'm Mansa Musa with how much I gift out. Still, and especially with the introduction of 6.0 and all the troubles that brought, one thing has stood out to me.

Why is gold the default currency for premium rounds and consumables?

It's a simple question, and I can think of no honest answer to this. Several dishonest ones though.

It's actually at a point where, since PC has completely removed this feature entirely, where we're porting over PC tanks that don't even have the ability to buy premium ammunition with gold, and adding the ability to purchase said rounds with gold. The most egregious example of this is the FV4201/T95 tier X, as the "feature" was added a while after the tank was introduced.

I really do think that, at the very least, the default currency for this should be silver. If people want to buy it with gold, so be it, but there's quite a few that simply don't know that it's even a thing you can do. It honestly, to me at least, really does seem like it's solely there to prey on the uninformed and momentarily negligent. Not a good thing.

Update 6.0 has been designed solely to extract as much revenue from the player base as possible. Working as intended unfortunately.

SUD123-x #30 Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:05 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 56399 battles

Joco man!

I specifically took out a second mortgage so that I could buy the gold to spam you all with prammo all day, every day. Now you wanna take that away from me? Reduce me to the status of a common man? Pieces of silver for prammo? That's some Judas like behavior. I demand my right to spam gold rounds with actual gold.

Disclaimer: Use of this product may cause mental illness, bankruptcy, divorce, homelessness, alcoholism, drug dependency, and/or various rashes

Edited by SUD123-x, 14 January 2021 - 02:07 AM.

f1mitku-p #31 Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57232 battles

View PostSparko969-p, on 14 January 2021 - 03:44 AM, said:

Update 6.0 has been designed solely to extract as much revenue from the player base as possible. Working as intended unfortunately.

We don’t have the real data of course. But I see way too many people stating they have stopped spending, lowered playing or stopped at all, uninstalled etc. This mostly means 6.0 downgrade doesn’t work as intended. It’s more likely seems to be as a WG shoot themselves in the foot. Trying to get absolutely everything usually means you’ll get nothing.

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

TocFanKe4-x #32 Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23162 battles
  • [GIRLS]
It's a shameful, deceitful practice that they then flip on the player as being our responsibility to check all 300-600 tanks in our garage.  They refuse to even add an easy way to see which ones are set to gold from the garage overview of tanks.  This is worse than loot boxes, IMO. The switching of silver to gold really should be looked at as part of a lawsuit. But with the amounts of money that get stolen each time, they are relying on players to not go through the expense and hassle for a couple bucks.  Over thousands of players, it's probably a decent amount of money, though.

WG lied about keeping special skills.  WG made my many extra trained crews useless.  WG can't expect me to support their product unless they fix this.  

M3RClLESS-x #33 Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42890 battles
  • [T0RN]
I recently got burned for 200 gold for permanent camo that I clicked by mistake and again in a hurry changed a crew country and changed back for 120 gold.  No surprise I filed a ticket and no refund.   The UI is garbage and set up to burn players for gold if they are the slightest bit careless.  Granted you can say it was my own fault, but if I didn’t have to reconfigure all my crews and a lot of my tanks it would not have happened. 
signature showing 30 day stats

bigpikle-x #34 Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:43 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42444 battles
Here is another feature for you:  I just upgraded the turret on my Pz IV-H and kept the same gun.  Luckily I checked the ammo setting and it reverted to gold. Not that I was stocking any premium rounds on that gun but still, If I was and I used some, then WG would have charged me gold. WG have done that on my Obj705 (got refunded in record time).

HerdOfDonkeys-x #35 Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:34 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43821 battles
As I write this, only 99% of the respondents never intentionally purchase consumables with gold...WGCB will clearly see these results as inconclusive. :)

Gallant Prime-x #36 Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:01 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 52448 battles
  • [47R]

This is the first update that I was hit with any of the gold bugs.  Still think I am missing about 1000 for a premium tank repurchase that was suppose to be silver...

Anyway, I like the default to silver, but not sure that would entirely fix the problem.  I have to believe that as much as WG has to muck around after just about every update fixing a gold ammo bug and refunding people that they would actually save money in personnel costs by streamlining the menu to completely remove the option.  Can put consumables in the store if people want to buy with gold.  I suppose if they wanted to make a depot (store option) where people wanted to buy gold rounds for the tanks they have they could do that as well.  

News, Info, Giveaways and Platooning with the WG community
Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays

baalsagaath-p #37 Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:56 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27918 battles
  • [_GO_]
if they just set the standard to silver, added an option to manually change the personal standard AND MAKE THE SETTINGS STAY AFTER UPDATES everyone could have it his own way, no one would have to think wg is scamming him (at least not in regards to premium ammo and premium consumables;)

(seriously, how hard can it be... it's been a legitimate topic for years)

Joco3000-x #38 Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28983 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostM3RClLESS-x, on 14 January 2021 - 03:41 AM, said:

I recently got burned for 200 gold for permanent camo that I clicked by mistake and again in a hurry changed a crew country and changed back for 120 gold.  No surprise I filed a ticket and no refund.   The UI is garbage and set up to burn players for gold if they are the slightest bit careless.  Granted you can say it was my own fault, but if I didn’t have to reconfigure all my crews and a lot of my tanks it would not have happened. 

I'd argue that you shouldn't have to do all that in the first place.

Why add several additional levels of difficulty for you to start off a game?

It's not a nice thing. There's probably a good proportion of players where 100 or so is a sizeable amount of gold, so it would be doubly painful for them. 

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

StockrA-p #39 Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27573 battles
So glad I checked the chisel just now, it was set to gold. Strange how its not all tanks in the garage tho, just a random few 

Pit Friend-x #40 Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37787 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostStockrA-p, on 14 January 2021 - 01:03 PM, said:

So glad I checked the chisel just now, it was set to gold. Strange how its not all tanks in the garage tho, just a random few 

Yes. It’s a “mystery.” :sceptic:

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users