Has the "Silver Bleed" affected how you play? Tier&Tank selection?

Silver game meta

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Silver Bleed (102 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are you more conservative because you don't want to overspend Silver?

1. Yes (66 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. No (36 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

Are you considerate in which tank and tier you play because of Silver rather than usual criteria (grind/fun etc)

1. Yes (68 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (34 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Do you refrain from using Premium ammunition because of Silver Bleed?

1. Yes (52 votes [50.98%])

Percentage of vote: 50.98%

2. No (50 votes [49.02%])

Percentage of vote: 49.02%

Are you more careful in your game play, trying to survive and win to enhance Silver earnings? (more conscious than before)

1. Yes (54 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. No (48 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

Vote Hide poll

Ben The Orange-x #21 Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:55 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15836 battles

I'll be removing premium repair and med kits from the tanks that have them when I play them. I'll still use food and fuel though. I have a surplus of all, but it'll be to expensive when it's time to resupply with silver for all of them. I don't mind taking a hit for just food and fuel, a similar expense to pre update. Small kits work like the old premium ones did anyway. I usually never used them, just kept it on for the passive and relied on the skills and perks. I'd far rather make silver than have a better fighting chance in battle.

Gameplay wise, I still the play the same way as pre update.

Lysith3a-x #22 Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16370 battles
The only change to my play is that I run without repair/medi kits.

Other than that, business as usual.

I aim to misbehave

Gallant Prime-x #23 Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:52 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 53033 battles
  • [47R]
Too many poll questions for what I do--just don't equip as much consumables.  

News, Info, Giveaways and Platooning with the WG community
Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays

STUART SHERMAN-x #24 Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44398 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostSightlessRogue0-x, on 14 January 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

For me since the "Silver Bleed" I have selected the OP tanks or with the best bonuses as favorites in the garage filter (Qilin, Blue, Crimson's, Black, Mc Dragon ....) and I only play with them at because of the costs / benefits they offer.

All the other premiums are For Sale, for example Concept 1B, VK75, Valor, Obj 260, Kpzr 50, Fangula ..... all those who are not OP or who do not offer a bonus above normal. This means that as soon as I hit my operational limit (100,000,000 silver) I will eliminate 3 or 4 each time because of their bad costs / profit.
This is now the reality, several premium tanks are no longer worth playing with him.

Obviously this has an effect on my buying habits. If the proposed tank is not openly OP or does not have money bonuses approaching that of Crimson's tank (or other great bonus justifying the Silver Bleed), I will not buy.

Hello Rogue, 

First off, I am glad you still enjoy playing. Someone needs to keep this thing going and for that I thank you.

It is however rather unfortunate that you have been put in a position that the tank’s silver earn rate dictates what you buy, and play. Luckily you have a good choice of Premiums to play and have the resources to keep going. Not everyone does and it seems like the so called Silver Bleed is another aspect of the New Game that could keep new players from staying with the game long enough to get those tanks. Hopefully it will all work out and we can look back on this as one of those, “Hey, do you remember when.....,” moments. 
Good Hunting, 

STUART

I did not vote in the poll as it doesn’t apply to me. 

f1mitku-p #25 Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57499 battles

Yes. After the 6.0 downgrade and mostly due to the consumables usage changes - basically the average silver price for one battle is up to 10 times higher. So I’ve had to stop using premium consumables (which I was using before). I have started using mostly the small consumables and sometimes food (as it’s really good now).

And also I use mostly some T-VIII premiums to get enough silver (in those rare days lately when I decide to play WoT at all).

I’m lucky that I’ve finished all TT grinding. Couldn’t even imagine the silver economy situation if I’ve had to grind a TT line as a new player. It should be a nightmare.

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Ben The Orange-x #26 Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15836 battles

View Postf1mitku-p, on 15 January 2021 - 05:06 PM, said:

Yes. After the 6.0 downgrade and mostly due to the consumables usage changes - basically the average silver price for one battle is up to 10 times higher. So I’ve had to stop using premium consumables (which I was using before). I have started using mostly the small consumables and sometimes food (as it’s really good now).

And also I use mostly some T-VIII premiums to get enough silver (in those rare days lately when I decide to play WoT at all).

I’m lucky that I’ve finished all TT grinding. Couldn’t even imagine the silver economy situation if I’ve had to grind a TT line as a new player. It should be a nightmare.

I'm grinding new lines still as a veteran player, was taking my time with it. Yes, it's more brutal. Even with a premium account, feels like I'm back to free to play again. The half price equipment sell on and consumable charge every battle is a real double whammy. I'm down 10 mill from grinding out about a dozen new tanks. Thankfully I've lots of premium tanks to help. But I'll have to play them a lot more now than I would pre update to match the difference, further lengthening the tech tree grind.

Highlordwurm-x #27 Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19978 battles
  • [AZHOL]
Its impossible to tell what is going on anymore.  I have no idea whether I'm making money, hitting my shots, killing opponents, no idea!   Run around and shoot red things, get some stuff, repeat.  I seem to get the second most XP in a battle, but come in 11th, no biggie!  I'm not here to compete just have a bit of shooty fun!  Who cares why, or how you get stuff, its all free, right?  Just relax, stop getting mad, asking nasty questions, and criticizing, huh?  I like to just run around, shoot moving things, and every now and then the confetti goes and I get stuff! Yay!  Multi player games are much more fun when you just trust a private company to do what they want, I mean, its their company, they can do what they want, right?...And, besides, they have your best interests in mind :hiding:

Dr__Jag-p #28 Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25698 battles

I know a few tankers who are newish to the game, still grinding up multiple lines.  I'm hearing from them the crunch is very real on silver returns compounded by the fact

they are only getting back half of what they spent on equipment, which many pieces were increased in price. Also, keep in mind new tankers are trying to save enough silver to purchase the new tank in the line.  So, WG levels the player field with crews only to nuke the silver economy for newer players. :facepalm:

Vets like myself 20k+ battles have tens of millions at disposal, yeah I make less, but I'm pretty much done with tank lines. The effect on me is nil.

KillDozer33-x #29 Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 6909 battles
Best way to avoid silver rip off scam of 6.0 QUIT PLAYING ANYMORE LIKE SO MANY DID.:facepalm:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users