Communication....

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

dtrickle-x #1 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25405 battles

as we all know, is a two way street.

We have all seen quite a few really well thought out and transcribed posts regarding the problems with this game, pre and post 6.0. Others have chimmed in saying that they agree/disagree with points made in these posts and have added other points themselves. 

Seems to me the player base is well versed in comunicating with each other and WGCB.

Now here's the problem, with a simple solution. WGCB just wont acknowledge this community other than sending one poor fella in here to tell us that 'we hear you guys and are working toward (insert end result here)'. copy-paste.

Solution...... do as you say you would. BE more transparent, BE more communicative. You have a public rep for a reason, use him. Vanilla answers wont quell the rage, nor will weak Twitch streams that contain no real solid info. 

that is all.

i loves bacon!! ..... and pancakes! mmmmmm, loves me some pancakes and bacon! 

MilitaryGoose05-x #2 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17267 battles
It's almost 5 weeks since they dropped 6.0 on us.

Still no roadmap. Still no honest communication. Still no apology.

MintoVimto-x #3 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:23 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1152 battles
  • [WGW]
I guess I'm the poor guy haha! I'm gathering some information together right now on what the team is currently working on with regards to fixes, and community inspired adjustments. I'm hoping that tomorrow I will be able to communicate this with you all. On Monday I am also working on an Insider Information stream that should be a little different and hopefully should help with some transparency. But I don't want to go into that right now as I'm still working on the details, and don't want to let anyone down.

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Wargaming Chicago - Baltimore

MintoVimto-x #4 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:24 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1152 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostMilitaryGoose05-x, on 21 January 2021 - 01:22 PM, said:

It's almost 5 weeks since they dropped 6.0 on us.

Still no roadmap. Still no honest communication. Still no apology.

The things I would do for a roadmap :mellow:

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Lysith3a-x #5 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16482 battles
No danger of good communication until they decide to finally come out of the echo chamber.

I aim to misbehave

ColderRacer107-x #6 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6269 battles
Could you set a way for us to see a road map once you guys get one?

BT4 Swat-x #7 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:31 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 42279 battles
my biggest problem with 6.0 downgrade is that tanks have no personality now. The way some tanks were meant to be played and designed for is out the window. If you thought it was bad before people sitting at the back "trying to snipe" with their heavies and lights its going to be 10x worse now, core gameplay is totally ruined. 

yota151-p #8 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6602 battles
  • [1ST]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 01:24 PM, said:

It's okay we know you are doing the best you can given the info they allow you to tell us and what they tell you.

thctomate-x #9 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23441 battles
  • [LIEBE]

Not your fault, but what Wargaming has been doing here in the last almost 6 weeks after the update made it even worse.

Google translator is my friend ;-)

MilitaryGoose05-x #10 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17267 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 06:24 PM, said:

Yeah I mean, I know you can't say anything, but a bunch of us do have a lot of sympathy for you, and the position we believe you have been put in with all this.

MinionsMeister-x #11 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:19 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12976 battles
  • [NUMB_]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 06:24 PM, said:

Speaking for myself, I've appreciated your attempt to put a good face on things and provide communication. Unfortunately after two weeks and maybe 2-3 games, I've played a hand full today and it's still no fun. There is still no variety on maps. HUD still sux. Tech tree is still broken. Commander system of assigning and find commanders still sucks. The only progress I've seen since day one was that they found a way to reintroduce the red/green colors. Before that, I couldn't even find the OPFOR with that awful orange.

Also the after action reports are still useless along with the lack of silver earnings.

Edited by MinionsMeister-x, 21 January 2021 - 07:20 PM.

D34D o KingPin-x #12 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:42 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13550 battles
  • [47R]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 06:23 PM, said:

I guess I'm the poor guy haha! I'm gathering some information together right now on what the team is currently working on with regards to fixes, and community inspired adjustments. I'm hoping that tomorrow I will be able to communicate this with you all. On Monday I am also working on an Insider Information stream that should be a little different and hopefully should help with some transparency. But I don't want to go into that right now as I'm still working on the details, and don't want to let anyone down.

difficult tight rope - say the wrong thing and peeps here won’t forget it, don’t say anything peeps here rightly complain about not being heard, say the right thing but can’t follow through with it - deffo peeps won’t forget it...a closed mouth gathers no foot, I get it and don’t envy your job right now.

How about though? keep pushing to us in a post here the stuff you’ve gathered from the community, that is something within your gift (I don’t even know where the fix list is or if you prioritise items above other, or if it’s up to date, or how you determine what’s a priority? that’s the sort of stuff you can give us easily...

what are the most discussed items of the week here and other outlets (silver, XP, UI are high up the list here right now) ...how are these being actioned in the list? Are they even in a list somewhere, ...again you have that list? Just getting [NAB] from Max is getting to be a bit annoying not even a why most of the time?

Outside of that you could caveat the absolute crap out of things you do communicate before some boss man rubber stamps approval  - they need to be a bit more flexible in demonstrating you are the voice of people and seen to us as the voice from them, it’s a two way thing and you’re the conduit between us....I refuse to believe there is no roadmap ....even loosely? no company I’ve ever worked with doesn’t have some view of a MTP, they have to budget for it for a start....and where that’s concerned the bean counters are tight as ducks [edited], so things are known to a degree.

we have multiple possibilities with these things ....nothing confirmed but get feedback early on ...what’s not gonna pan out etc.

bugs wise...these are the priorities - although something is a priority on our list we need a bit more time with these because of more complex interdependencies back end etc etc ...we are provisionally pencilling in the following fixes on these dates next week ...move it to a confirmed position when ready day before....type stuff 

balancing is coming but we have to sort these things first, we are working on UI in these ways but absolutes havent landed etc etc

We are data gathering isn’t gonna cut it if you wanna change the relationship with the many many disgruntled customers here and I suspect many other outlets 

fortunately I’m one of the peeps who actually don’t mind 6.0 I enjoy the gameplay after I got used to it, so I’m a little more in the accepted change curve part, sure there’s plenty of stuff to work on but it’s not the absolute doom and gloom I keep reading about still...communication from wargaming on the other hand ....that does need urgent attention.

Sentience-p #13 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 33389 battles
  • [ARROW]

Here’s to hoping that roadmap has a giant u-turn on it.

Best of luck with that communication plan. The team could certainly use a good one.

MintoVimto-x #14 Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:21 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1152 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostColderRacer107-x, on 21 January 2021 - 01:26 PM, said:

Could you set a way for us to see a road map once you guys get one?

Absolutely, we're pushing for it. I'm confident it'll happen in some way!

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Warsteiner 1-x #15 Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 48246 battles
  • [C-X-L]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 02:21 PM, said:

Absolutely, we're pushing for it. I'm confident it'll happen in some way!

no offense here , but the majority of other game developers just do roadmaps as an everyday practice....yet WG needs pushed ??

i dont get it anymore/

Edited by Warsteiner 1-x, 21 January 2021 - 08:24 PM.

XMAN530-x #16 Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 69430 battles

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

so the plan was to completely change the game, go on 2 weeks vacation, disenfranchise our long term players

And then we will work on a roadmap!!!!!

I would be laughing so hard, but I feel sad and pity the fool

Rubbelito-x #17 Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:48 PM

Major

• WoTC Community Contributor
  • 29576 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostWarsteiner 1-x, on 21 January 2021 - 09:24 PM, said:

no offense here , but the majority of other game developers just do roadmaps as an everyday practice....yet WG needs pushed ??

i dont get it anymore/

It's the decision makers that needs to be pushed into allowing it.

XMAN530-x #18 Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 69430 battles

View PostRubbelito-x, on 21 January 2021 - 08:48 PM, said:

It's the decision makers that needs to be pushed into allowing it.

Do the decision makers realize while they fiddle WOT burns?

OhJeeeze5638-x #19 Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14395 battles
Will you address the silver earning issue PLEASE?  What is the HONEST truth to why it changed? Playing tech tree tanks (the one we really workhard to get...not just purchase) is worthless now.  

HerdOfDonkeys-x #20 Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43821 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 01:23 PM, said:

The worst job in the world had to be that of President Trump's press secretary.  Enough said.... However, I think you may be in the running for the 2nd worst job in the world - trying to put a happy face on the tragedy that is 6.0.  Man...good luck with that.  :facepalm:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users