• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

MintoVimto-x #1 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:16 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1282 battles
  • [WGW]

Hello everyone!

For some time now I've been meaning to make a post here to draw attention to our Discord Community. For those of you that might not be aware, our Discord is growing and developing as the platform becomes more popular over time. I spend a lot of time over here as I find that Discord is really easy to use due to the fact that it works as an app on both my laptop, and my phone, so I have it everywhere I go. On top of that, there are options for voice chat and lots of other entertaining things like emojis, etc! So it's really easy for me to stay in touch with the community.

Anyhow, I'd love to see a few of you guys over there as the channel grows. I aspire that eventually, our Discord server will grow into something similar to what the World of Warships Legends team has done. To join our Discord server, all you have to do is follow this link. Then follow the instructions. If you have any questions, please reach out to me. My username there is MintoVimto#5874. 

All the best,

MV

Edited by MintoVimto-x, 04 March 2021 - 04:55 PM.

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Wargaming Chicago - Baltimore

Jimmy3722-p #2 Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 61593 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 06:16 PM, said:

Hello everyone!

For some time now I've been meaning to make a post here to draw attention to our Discord Community. For those of you that might not be aware, our Discord is growing and developing as the platform becomes more popular over time. I spend a lot of time over here as I find that Discord is really easy to use due to the fact that it works as an app on both my laptop, and my phone, so I have it everywhere I go. On top of that, there are options for voice chat and lots of other entertaining things like emojis, etc! So it's really easy for me to stay in touch with the community.

Anyhow, I'd love to see a few of you guys over there as the channel grows. I aspire that eventually, our Discord server will grow into something similar to what the World of Warships Legends team has done. To join our Discord server, all you have to do is follow this link. Then follow the instructions. If you have any questions, please reach out to me. My username there is MintoVimto#5874. 

All the best,

MV

Following the link generates a message that the invite has expired, then a dialog box that will not accept entries to allow me to input my date of birth.

So I am unable to join you there.

Is this the same for all? 

IBROX 04-x #3 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23108 battles
  • [BNKR]
Tried it and don't like it. Thanks though Minto. Question thou, is it true that WGCB are closing the forum? 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

FastSirleon-p #4 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 56141 battles
  • [IOPS]
I don't like discord thanks

BrogueOne-p #5 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:24 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 27820 battles
  • [AP-EX]
Discord is all well and good for fast info, but the format is completely counterproductive for the purposes of detailed and constructive discussions(when people wish to be constructive that is).  It’s really hard to have a discussion on something like Commander skill builds for the T62-A vs Object 140(for example) when xXJohnBagsYerMumXx is randomly spamming anime emojis in the chat and some rando pops in halfway through the conversation to tell you how great the Maus is.  At least in the forums the pacing is such that a good discussion can play out over a few days/weeks.... in Discord everything typed becomes a fart in a hurricane.

fedupfed-x #6 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:29 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 46798 battles
This is nice, but most of us would prefer a concise paragraph posted here and on the website of the proposed updates and fixes.  There are already too many videos/streams that are entertaining, but non-informative.  My hat is off to those of you on the forum who are willing to sit down and distill 30 minutes into a 15 word sentence worth of updates/fixes. 

Edited by fedupfed-x, 21 January 2021 - 07:30 PM.

MintoVimto-x #7 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:46 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1282 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostJimmy3722-p, on 21 January 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

Following the link generates a message that the invite has expired, then a dialog box that will not accept entries to allow me to input my date of birth.

So I am unable to join you there.

Is this the same for all? 

Tested this just now with a bunch of people and it is working, so I'm not sure about this!

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

leedozer-p #8 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:47 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2043 battles
  • [SMEGS]

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 21 January 2021 - 07:13 PM, said:

Tried it and don't like it. Thanks though Minto. Question thou, is it true that WGCB are closing the forum? 

I think wg would love to close the forum, so could be on the way.

Jimmy3722-p #9 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 61593 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 07:46 PM, said:

Tested this just now with a bunch of people and it is working, so I'm not sure about this!

Thanks, were they first time users like me?

Expiration: Your invite link may have expired. In this case, please contact the server owner and ask them for a new invite.

Edited by Jimmy3722-p, 21 January 2021 - 07:57 PM.

MintoVimto-x #10 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:58 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1282 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 21 January 2021 - 02:24 PM, said:

Discord is all well and good for fast info, but the format is completely counterproductive for the purposes of detailed and constructive discussions(when people wish to be constructive that is). It’s really hard to have a discussion on something like Commander skill builds for the T62-A vs Object 140(for example) when xXJohnBagsYerMumXx is randomly spamming anime emojis in the chat and some rando pops in halfway through the conversation to tell you how great the Maus is. At least in the forums the pacing is such that a good discussion can play out over a few days/weeks.... in Discord everything typed becomes a fart in a hurricane.

Messages are how you have a good conversation, or at least that's how I do as the same can be said for here, it gets crazy at times

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

MintoVimto-x #11 Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:59 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1282 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 21 January 2021 - 02:13 PM, said:

Fair enough, might be worth checking out again soon as I'm adding a lot of new things to it. And the forum is still a huge channel, so while its an older was of running a community, its still important

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

MintoVimto-x #12 Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:01 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1282 battles
  • [WGW]

View Postfedupfed-x, on 21 January 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

This is nice, but most of us would prefer a concise paragraph posted here and on the website of the proposed updates and fixes.  There are already too many videos/streams that are entertaining, but non-informative.  My hat is off to those of you on the forum who are willing to sit down and distill 30 minutes into a 15 word sentence worth of updates/fixes. 

I wish I could give you 15 words about updates but I'm waiting on information. Wow, that sentence was 15 words too! Will have an update on stream tomorrow which, as always will be followed up with notes

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

MintoVimto-x #13 Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:02 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1282 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostFastSirleon-p, on 21 January 2021 - 02:16 PM, said:

I don't like discord thanks

That might be for the best, you'd definitely have been banned on Discord for the way you've talked to me in the past :trollface:

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

IBROX 04-x #14 Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23108 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 07:59 PM, said:

Fair enough, might be worth checking out again soon as I'm adding a lot of new things to it. And the forum is still a huge channel, so while its an older was of running a community, its still important

Thanks for answering. Yeah download the app again. Still don't know what I'm doing currently. I'll try it again tomorrow night with a wee glass of wine and try and figure it out, 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

BrogueOne-p #15 Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:03 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 27820 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 07:58 PM, said:

Messages are how you have a good conversation, or at least that's how I do as the same can be said for here, it gets crazy at times

DMs exclude other potential contributors to a public discussion.  If you guys actually had active moderators who enforced rules and encouraged good conduct we wouldn’t have you here justifying what sounds like a prelude to destruction.  These forums deserve to be burned to the ground for what your “moderators” have let it become and the palace of grief they let it be for 7 years

MintoVimto-x #16 Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:08 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1282 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 21 January 2021 - 04:03 PM, said:

DMs exclude other potential contributors to a public discussion.  If you guys actually had active moderators who enforced rules and encouraged good conduct we wouldn’t have you here justifying what sounds like a prelude to destruction.  These forums deserve to be burned to the ground for what your “moderators” have let it become and the palace of grief they let it be for 7 years

I mean there's plenty of folks on there having discussions right now, but I can appreciate it might not be to your taste

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Derekthetree-x #17 Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:19 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21997 battles
  • [BEARD]

Discord is for exactly that, chatting about stuff. Its fine for the people there at the time, but try to go back later and find useful info.

A forum is for sharing ideas in a structured way, to debate with others and to form a repository of what has been discussed.

If I want to know if the Eradicator is worth buying at 50% off, I search here and see the past conversations. How can I do that on discord?

Finally, any foreign language support?

I'm curious. Surely a more efficient way of community engagement is to post updates here, then distil the feedback from responses both here and to the dev team. Spending your time responding 121 to users on discord seems to only appease the one user, and leave out the general user base.

I'm sorry Minto, but this smacks of typical WGCB. "We like it this way, so the playerbase has to as well"

DwarfOnDrugs-x #18 Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38183 battles
  • [CRPT]
I was banned for posting a video of Farming Simulators competitive scene :teethhappy:

BrogueOne-p #19 Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:24 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 27820 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 09:08 PM, said:

I mean there's plenty of folks on there having discussions right now, but I can appreciate it might not be to your taste

You’ve missed the point... I’m a regular user of Discord.  I’m one of the official Moderators for the WoWSL Discord and chat with lots of other folks there all the time in other servers about other games including WoT.  I’m comfortable using it.  But it’s a poor place for substantive discussion when information flies away as soon as someone wants to enter #generaldiscussion and go off on a rant.  I don’t actively chat in the WoTC official Discord very often because it’s still full of the same toxic people that make the forums not-so-pleasant sometimes.  Why bother expressing something positive just to have someone immediately respond to call me an idiot?  As was also pointed out in the post before this one.. Discord is also has no real archival reference capabilities to make searching a particular topic or discussion easy or practical.

DwarfOnDrugs-x #20 Posted 21 January 2021 - 11:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38183 battles
  • [CRPT]

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 21 January 2021 - 10:24 PM, said:

You’ve missed the point... I’m a regular user of Discord.  I’m one of the official Moderators for the WoWSL Discord and chat with lots of other folks there all the time in other servers about other games including WoT.  I’m comfortable using it.  But it’s a poor place for substantive discussion when information flies away as soon as someone wants to enter #generaldiscussion and go off on a rant.  I don’t actively chat in the WoTC official Discord very often because it’s still full of the same toxic people that make the forums not-so-pleasant sometimes.  Why bother expressing something positive just to have someone immediately respond to call me an idiot?  As was also pointed out in the post before this one.. Discord is also has no real archival reference capabilities to make searching a particular topic or discussion easy or practical.

What do you need to Archive that badly?

Also, if you don’t like someone. Just block them.

If you want an actual answer from a player that isn’t completely useless at the game, Discord is the place to go.

The majority of Forum/FB users are awful at the game and don’t understand the core mechanics of the game.

Also tagged with World of Tanks Console, Discord

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users