31 replies to this topic

BrogueOne-p #21 Posted 22 January 2021 - 12:35 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 27171 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostDwarfOnDrugs-x, on 21 January 2021 - 11:11 PM, said:

What do you need to Archive that badly?

Also, if you don’t like someone. Just block them.

If you want an actual answer from a player that isn’t completely useless at the game, Discord is the place to go.

The majority of Forum/FB users are awful at the game and don’t understand the core mechanics of the game.

You’ve also missed the point and the broader context of the discussion.  There’s another post I made that is “archived” as part of this thread which you can reference in order to understand my response to Minto’s response to mine.  I am in no way disputing that intellectual conversation is available on Discord; I am broadly stating that the format makes it more difficult and/or frustrating.  

MyDogScooby4738-x #22 Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:33 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 11781 battles
  • [BNKR]
Minto what about my cyberpunk thread that i started??? You told me you moved it and when i asked where because I could never find it ,I never heard anything else.You guys are a joke

[BNKR]

Thegreateststorynevertold

http://thebunker.freeforums.net

MyDogScooby4738-x #23 Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:37 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 11781 battles
  • [BNKR]
wthis wrong with using this forum????? What is this forum here for???

[BNKR]

Thegreateststorynevertold

http://thebunker.freeforums.net

RabidSasquatch0-x #24 Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:44 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 23477 battles
  • [VYPER]

It's a different platform, no different than the unofficially official subreddit(?), official twitter and facebook etc.  I don't use facebook or twitter because I don't like the platforms, but they're not a bad place to be able to reach out to more people.  I think discord replacing the forums is a bad idea, but this does not seem to be the intention (discord is a messaging service vs a forum, both exchange information but very differently, and thus work better or worse depending on the situation) or the case.  If you want to ask Minto a question, I can see why a messaging service works a little better than a thread/comments section might.  Likewise, mass messaging update info can work, but its next to impossible to collect group feedback on a messaging service, especially one like discord where it's closer to a livestream chat than a Twitter thread.

I did notice that despite more of the active playbase being on playstation (roughly a 60/40 split, if the websites pulling from the API are accurate), but there are substantially more xbox players on the discord than playstation (1301 vs 524).  Makes me curious about representation here on the forums or on other platforms (AFAIK discord isn't on xbox, it would compete/pull away from xbl).  No point to this just something I found interesting.

SPUK4U-p #25 Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16522 battles

I'm on the Forum, Reddit, Twitter, Discord, Youtube and in Facebook.  When I compare those social media platforms then this forum is superior what comes to the finding information from game, new tanks and ops.  Reddit is close to this forum what comes to the discussion quality, but it's full of profanity and heavily biased by persons who got banned from the forum.   Twitter and Facebook are really in their way a bit limited for discussion and information finding, they are more suitable event information posting than constructive discussion about some game technical topic. For me Discord reminds going back in time when games have IRC channels and moderators that tried to keep discussion under control.  It failed mineable when people started to talk about different topics at the same channel.  Discord is suited best for live event's where information loses it's value when it has disappeared from your screen, not for long discussion with people that are on different time zones and in different day schedule.

Edited by SPUK4U-p, 22 January 2021 - 10:15 AM.

"Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?" - Six Sigma 

CY-Papa-p #26 Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26476 battles
  • [EARM]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 21 January 2021 - 08:16 PM, said:

Hello everyone!

For some time now I've been meaning to make a post here to draw attention to our Discord Community. For those of you that might not be aware, our Discord is growing and developing as the platform becomes more popular over time. I spend a lot of time over here as I find that Discord is really easy to use due to the fact that it works as an app on both my laptop, and my phone, so I have it everywhere I go. On top of that, there are options for voice chat and lots of other entertaining things like emojis, etc! So it's really easy for me to stay in touch with the community.

Anyhow, I'd love to see a few of you guys over there as the channel grows. I aspire that eventually, our Discord server will grow into something similar to what the World of Warships Legends team has done. To join our Discord server, all you have to do is follow this link. Then follow the instructions. If you have any questions, please reach out to me. My username there is MintoVimto#5874. 

All the best,

MV

discord its only chat like messenger. its not useful and not practical the way it is a forum with seperate topics and someone can find easy old posts and respond. so you obviously are going to close forums. to get less complainings topics. :bush:

Add Cyprus flag ingame! Keep Calm and Respect small countries!

EE-9 Cascavel Commander 2001-2003 Cypriot National Guard.

♰ RIP WOTC 1.0 December 15, 2020  /  WOTC 2.0 aka "Update" 6.0 Tester

THAT BLOKE 500-x #27 Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:14 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24224 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostCY-Papa-p, on 22 January 2021 - 11:27 AM, said:

discord its only chat like messenger. its not useful and not practical the way it is a forum with seperate topics and someone can find easy old posts and respond. so you obviously are going to close forums. to get less complainings topics. :bush:

Forum is an archive of questions people have asked (no matter how many are outdated) and a place for lengthier discussions. It is not being removed or shut down because it's an incredibly useful tool for  players seeking answers and a great place to post info such as patch notes.

Discord is for asking new questions, finding people to play with, and having live conversations about an issue of the game, playstyle, maps etc. with other experienced players (especially in competitive clan-heavy discords like the Russian one) to understand how to work around an issue or how abhorrent an update actually is (e.g. 6.0 linear tank grinding). Discord is broken up into separate channels for different topics and is mostly for people who want answers in the next few minutes instead of hours or days, and there are channels dedicated to listing server downtimes / linking WG forum posts.

You can use both or either, but Discord is more than a messenger clone - it's a platform as valid as the forums and reddit, and even more useful for those looking to find people to play with or get better at the game than the forum is. 

Dunkyc-p #28 Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:22 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6266 battles
Ive tried using discord and it doesnt like my ipad and on my phone it was difficult to see what was what. It maybe my age but i can browse through this far easier and locate the issues i want info on here with ease and i loaded both for the first time only recently. 
my sons may find it easier but being as i havent seen them in a long while due to me shielding i cant get their help

BrogueOne-p #29 Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:31 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 27171 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostDunkyc-p, on 22 January 2021 - 01:22 PM, said:

Ive tried using discord and it doesnt like my ipad and on my phone it was difficult to see what was what. It maybe my age but i can browse through this far easier and locate the issues i want info on here with ease and i loaded both for the first time only recently. 
my sons may find it easier but being as i havent seen them in a long while due to me shielding i cant get their help

Have you tried switching Discord to “Light Mode”??  That might make it easier to read... it might also blind you

thctomate-x #30 Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23417 battles
  • [LIEBE]
Only the next channel to destroy.
Google translator is my friend ;-)

Smaugone1-x #31 Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23753 battles
Discord is not compatible with Kindle, someone send me an ipad.
REMEMBER-It's just a game.

Haukkis-x #32 Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39241 battles
Not interested about Discord... 

Also tagged with World of Tanks Console, Discord

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users