Is MM completely broken?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

MilitaryGoose05-x #1 Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17267 battles
So I played two whole games today. But I noticed something weird, in one game 2 minutes in things seemed to be going okay, 2 kills a side, then 30 seconds later my team was down to 4 tanks and it was a wipeout.

So i was looking at the team report in-match, and it's very hard to read now, but Green had 6 tier VIIIs, 3 Tier VIIs, and 6 tier VIs. While red had 13 tier VIIIs and 2 tier VIIs, with no tier VIs.

And then the match was over before I could digest this info, and of course on the new improved EBR it no longer tells you what tiers the various tanks were at all.

But in all my years playing this was about the most imbalanced MM I've ever seen. And I just wondered if this is a thing that's happening more and more now that WG have mysteriously made it much harder to parse which tanks are in a battle around you?

Anyway, gameplay is still awful, UI is still broken beyond belief, game is terrible. Fix your darned game Wargaming, fix your darned game.

RFCAN76-x #2 Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 53858 battles

View PostMilitaryGoose05-x, on 22 January 2021 - 10:24 AM, said:

So I played two whole games today. But I noticed something weird, in one game 2 minutes in things seemed to be going okay, 2 kills a side, then 30 seconds later my team was down to 4 tanks and it was a wipeout.

So i was looking at the team report in-match, and it's very hard to read now, but Green had 6 tier VIIIs, 3 Tier VIIs, and 6 tier VIs. While red had 13 tier VIIIs and 2 tier VIIs, with no tier VIs.

And then the match was over before I could digest this info, and of course on the new improved EBR it no longer tells you what tiers the various tanks were at all.

But in all my years playing this was about the most imbalanced MM I've ever seen. And I just wondered if this is a thing that's happening more and more now that WG have mysteriously made it much harder to parse which tanks are in a battle around you?

Anyway, gameplay is still awful, UI is still broken beyond belief, game is terrible. Fix your darned game Wargaming, fix your darned game.

What time of day did you play?   This looks like a player population issue at the moment you joined the battle.  So the MM did the best it could.  
"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."   

Jean Baptiste Poquelin (1622 - 1673]      301 tanks in the garage as of 01/06//2021

Spoiler Update 01/06/2021

MilitaryGoose05-x #3 Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17267 battles

View PostRFCAN76-x, on 22 January 2021 - 03:30 PM, said:

What time of day did you play?   This looks like a player population issue at the moment you joined the battle.  So the MM did the best it could.  

About 2:30pm GMT, EU server. So yeah, I did notice there weren't many players in the queue notification. 80-something. Still, this time of day during a lockdown, I didn't expect that to happen. But yeah, that's probably the explanation, thanks.

amanwiththree-x #4 Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 36476 battles

View PostMilitaryGoose05-x, on 22 January 2021 - 03:37 PM, said:

About 2:30pm GMT, EU server. So yeah, I did notice there weren't many players in the queue notification. 80-something. Still, this time of day during a lockdown, I didn't expect that to happen. But yeah, that's probably the explanation, thanks.

Worst possible time on EU server, I made the same mistake yesterday.

MilitaryGoose05-x #5 Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17267 battles

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 22 January 2021 - 03:45 PM, said:

Worst possible time on EU server, I made the same mistake yesterday.

Right, cheers man.

Shame, afternoons on week days was always when I had the time to do most of my tanking before 6.0. But good to know this is just a bad time now.

Bibo1GerUk-x #6 Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30541 battles

View PostMilitaryGoose05-x, on 22 January 2021 - 04:24 PM, said:

But in all my years playing this was about the most imbalanced MM I've ever seen.

The MM has always had it's issues, even when no platoons were involved.

Pre-update 6.0 I've experienced the same weird matchmaking.

If that match had no platoons it could have easily have made more balanced teams by swapping the tanks around but WG seems to prioritize speed over quality.

Concerning the times on EU, yeah, that can be a gamble.

Edited by Bibo1GerUk-x, 22 January 2021 - 03:52 PM.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

AUT_Roughnex-p #7 Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:51 PM

Private

• Players
  • 18114 battles
  • [-TEX-]

It so bad atm... 

and if it continues this way it will get worse... If I only finde "good" MM games in the evening i will look for other games and then the MM gets even worse :/

RAGNAR0K N ROLL-x #8 Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20923 battles
  • [JOCO]
Lucky; I hardly ever end up top tier in my VIII's anymore it was sparse before but it seems to be even worse now. 

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

amanwiththree-x #9 Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 36476 battles

Holy bottom tier space filler time Batman.

MM is showing some sort of trend, or it just really hates me today.

PLR65-x #10 Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41889 battles
The average quality of the player base is an all time low

That’s taking account of weekends, holidays, crossplay and anything else we’ve seen in 7 years

Allowing very average and inexperienced players to get hold of high tier premium tanks was a huge mistake

I have an alt account - I’ve played 500 games and I have premium giveaway tier x, ix, and 5 [edited]tier viii tanks. Absolutely [edited]ridiculous. In the day after 500 battles I probably had got to tier iv maybe tier v and realized very quickly I needed to learn the game before proceeding.

And there’s upgrade 6.0 which is generally appreciated by average and worse players with the loss of a lot of better players.

Anyway the consequence of the giveaways and loss of so many experienced and skilled players post 6.0 is the gameplay is [edited]awful.

TopHatters14-x #11 Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29409 battles
  • [OLDG]
MM is broken,silver is broken,in fact everything is broken.

MilitaryGoose05-x #12 Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17267 battles

View PostPLR65-x, on 22 January 2021 - 05:21 PM, said:

The average quality of the player base is an all time low

That’s taking account of weekends, holidays, crossplay and anything else we’ve seen in 7 years

Allowing very average and inexperienced players to get hold of high tier premium tanks was a huge mistake

I have an alt account - I’ve played 500 games and I have premium giveaway tier x, ix, and 5 [edited]tier viii tanks. Absolutely [edited]ridiculous. In the day after 500 battles I probably had got to tier iv maybe tier v and realized very quickly I needed to learn the game before proceeding.

And there’s upgrade 6.0 which is generally appreciated by average and worse players with the loss of a lot of better players.

Anyway the consequence of the giveaways and loss of so many experienced and skilled players post 6.0 is the gameplay is [edited]awful.

True facts man, true facts.

I can remember when I were a lad, and started playing this game, when all this were fields, the only premium tank I had for months and months was the tier III Locust. And I played so many games in it, because it was my only premium tank.

But now? People who have played the game a month can have a tier X tank? Crazy.

SILVRCAT-x #13 Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:08 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37833 battles

What you describe is the new daily norm. Blowouts, lemming trains, you’re up 5 tanks one second, then you loose the match.

Gameplay is absolutely bad. Specially in the EU server I really can’t stand it there.

Sad part is that a lot of these folks are now playing on the N/A server now so these cases are much more common there too.

LongingWinter88-x #14 Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53762 battles
  • [EGG]
it was bad before the update now its laughable i can say in the last 20 games i played 15 were wipeouts and i always seemed to end up in the wrong team lol

MilitaryGoose05-x #15 Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17267 battles

View PostSILVRCAT-x, on 22 January 2021 - 06:08 PM, said:

What you describe is the new daily norm. Blowouts, lemming trains, you’re up 5 tanks one second, then you loose the match.

Gameplay is absolutely bad. Specially in the EU server I really can’t stand it there.

Sad part is that a lot of these folks are now playing on the N/A server now so these cases are much more common there too.

See I'd barely played any games this year, so came back after a couple weeks off to see if any improvements had happened. And, yeah, ye gods, the gameplay is the worst I have ever seen.

And I mean, ever. And I include that time the Xbox One joined the game when every single Xbox One player got stuck in infinite loading and just sat at spawn waiting to be killed. Happy day that, happy day. So many kills. But at least it was still competitive, because the players who did have control had to fight for dominance and the right to slaughter the helpless seals.

I've never seen so many flanks left completely unguarded. And today I had two games on the sandy valley map where you're supposed to go to the top left to take that corner? I forget the name. Anyway that map. Two games. Both games my team just charged down into the valley and got slaughtered. Including an artillery! He drove down to the village in the middle on the small hill and got killed there. It was the weirdest thing.

People on the forum here have clearly not been exaggerating when they say gameplay has gone down the toilet.

f1mitku-p #16 Posted 23 January 2021 - 01:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57554 battles
The MM is the same utter crap as always. But probably now the players also are way less. And the most of the veteran players have left. So it’s like a perfect storm. But apparently it doesn’t seem to finish at all.

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

pilotguy79-p #17 Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21470 battles

If you are implying it’s because 6.0 . Then you haven’t been playing long at all. Terrible mm has been a problem for a couple years now.

the mm cannot balance terribad players. There have been many threads about this.

some suggest a stats based mm, but that would stick a good player with absolutely sh#t players. 

mm will continue to be broken for the long term because crap players are now in every tier and are not going anywhere.

The Psyclepath-x #18 Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21547 battles

The MM is terrible and always has been. The player base is less skilled and knowledgeable than ever.  With 6.o and all.the 6.0 buffs on accuracy, unless you really know how to play, if you are in a -2 game you are in for a beating.  

MilitaryGoose05-x #19 Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:44 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17267 battles

View Postpilotguy79-p, on 23 January 2021 - 02:21 AM, said:

If you are implying it’s because 6.0 . Then you haven’t been playing long at all. Terrible mm has been a problem for a couple years now.

Well I've been playing for almost 6 years, so I'm well aware the MM hasn't been good in a long time.

But I'd never seen a came like the one I had yesterday which was so massively unbalanced. So I was just curious if it was a one-off or if MM had been fiddled with in 6.0 to allow hugely one-sided matches like that to occur.

But I think the guy above suggesting it was just a very bad time of day to be playing was probably correct.

D34D o KingPin-x #20 Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13550 battles
  • [47R]
Yeah MM was a bit all over the place yesterday had many more bottom tier games than I typically would, don’t mind bottom tier some of the time ....but when your grinding the VK 45.02A with no prammo it’s rough with its meagre 168mm pen unless you managed to flank with the mediums which is not always viable.

I think I managed to even out my wins in the end but seriously on el halluf in one game just me and one other went up to the brawling area literally all the other heavies were camping at base wth! We were map pinging asking for help ...we manage to slay 5 tanks between us before getting wiped ...no one came

carried on watching the disaster unfold ...the light tank (tiger shark) was sitting back not spotting so our mediums tried to spot and were getting chewed up by the bush wankers..our light tank then pushed the AT15 right around the map instead of spotting for them lol :D..,both arty players literally didn’t move from spawn in so had no line of fire for the tanks that were spotted so completely ineffective in chewing out the campers

we had one draugen on the team which to be fair was trying to hold it together and spot for our borsig and did make some progress but ultimately couldn’t get through the defence with no support 

The result ..we lost

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users