• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

MaxChaos24-x #1 Posted 05 February 2021 - 04:11 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14349 battles
  • [CPTST]

Hello, Tankers!

We have recently made some adjustments to the map selection process. We have been monitoring the impact of these changes and wanted to share the results, findings, and what our plans are next. 

Data Set 1

We can see that the distribution of maps as a whole has improved from before. 

Example: Battle Tier 2

• Before:
    • 62.22% of the time you would play Himmelsdorf
    • 37.78% of the time you would play Mines
  • After:
    • 48.77% of the time you would play Himmelsdorf
    • 51.23% of the time you would play Mines

You can see that after this change, the chance at playing the available maps for this battle tier is much more equal. This is true throughout all Battle Tiers with the exception of Battle Tier 8.

(The chart shows the Before / After data per Battle Tier per Map. The data displayed is showing how often that particular map is played at that Battle Tier)

Data Set 2

Additional data showing the distribution of maps per Battle Tier has improved for all Battle Tiers with the exception of Tier 8. However, this is only a 0.15% difference. When looking at the data below, the lower the number, the better. 

Example:

Let's look at Battle Tier 2 again. 

• Before the Most played map shows up 62.22% of the time and the least played map showed up 37.78% of the. The max spread in distribution from the most played and least played map is 24.44 (62.22-37.78).
  • After the change, there is only a 2.46% difference between the most played and least played maps. Nearly an equal chance at hitting either map available at that battle tier. Remember, the lower the number, the better. 

(The chart shows the Before / After data per Battle Tier. The displayed data shows the difference between the most played and least played map for that Battle Tier)

Findings

The distribution of maps overall has improved and is providing a more equal chance at getting any particular map that is available for your Battle Tier. While this initially sounds good (and is good), it does not account for a player's individual rotation and experience. 

Based on the feedback received from players and investigating their individual rotations we can see that there are still concerns with map rotation.

1.  Players can still have stretches of seeing the same 4-5 maps in their play session and not seeing all maps that are available. 
  2.  Playing the same map back-to-back is now more common than before which is not a positive experience for a player. 

What's Next?

While the distribution of maps did improve, it did not have the positive impact we were hoping for on the individual player's map rotation. In fact, in some cases, it has negatively impacted their map rotation from the previous map selection process. Due to this, we will be reverting this change and learning from the data gathered.  This is a work in progress, and we are looking to make further adjustments in the future. 

Click to send in a Support Ticket!

BrogueOne-p #2 Posted 05 February 2021 - 07:46 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 27171 battles
  • [AP-EX]
Thanks for the update.  Did platooning effect rotation?  Would a larger overall pool of maps have been better?   Does changing tiers effect one’s rotation choices??

Usain Salt-x #3 Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10627 battles
  • [-PLEB]
:medal:Thanks for the information & posting it,i'm glad this is finally being addressed!!

MaxMiner11-x #4 Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23393 battles
Map rotation does seem better this week.  It seems like I get each of the maps more equally now.

Haukkis-x #5 Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39241 battles

View PostUsain Salt-x, on 05 February 2021 - 09:01 PM, said:

:medal:Thanks for the information & posting it,i'm glad this is finally being addressed!!

This.

IBROX 04-x #6 Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22884 battles
  • [BNKR]
I have a question, Many maps are currently in team training? Is it just the maps we have in rotation or is it more? 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

MaxChaos24-x #7 Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:44 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14349 battles
  • [CPTST]

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 05 February 2021 - 03:38 PM, said:

I have a question, Many maps are currently in team training? Is it just the maps we have in rotation or is it more? 

Same as what's in rotation.

IBROX 04-x #8 Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22884 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 05 February 2021 - 08:44 PM, said:

Thanks Max for answering. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

ThorrOdinson616-p #9 Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20424 battles
Max you should check my post of deleted maps, out of more than 90 maps available we don't have even 10% of all of them:

SHIRO SAN UA-x #10 Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:34 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22659 battles
  • [FEN1X]
omg, the fishing bay

SHIRO SAN UA-x #11 Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22659 battles
  • [FEN1X]

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 05 February 2021 - 04:11 PM, said:

Findings

The distribution of maps overall has improved and is providing a more equal chance at getting any particular map that is available for your Battle Tier. While this initially sounds good (and is good), it does not account for a player's individual rotation and experience. 

Based on the feedback received from players and investigating their individual rotations we can see that there are still concerns with map rotation.

1.  Players can still have stretches of seeing the same 4-5 maps in their play session and not seeing all maps that are available. 
  2.  Playing the same map back-to-back is now more common than before which is not a positive experience for a player. 

Can you add switch spawns rule if players are about to play the same map back-to-back?

Edited by SHIRO SAN UA-x, 05 February 2021 - 09:43 PM.

Sir_DeviLAsS-p #12 Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6687 battles

+1

Very nice MaxChaos24!

Thx for this information and the transparency.

Have a nice weekend :) 

Dunkyc-p #13 Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6266 battles
I am still playing the same few maps since dec 15th! Its getting boring at all tier levels you get the same few maps. It certainly doesnt seem any different with any changes this week, please put old maps back in

hansikcz7887-x #14 Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:34 PM

Private

• Players
  • 251 battles

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 05 February 2021 - 08:44 PM, said:

Thanks  for answering. 

IBROX 04-x #15 Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22884 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 05 February 2021 - 04:11 PM, said:

Hello, Tankers!

We have recently made some adjustments to the map selection process. We have been monitoring the impact of these changes and wanted to share the results, findings, and what our plans are next. 

Data Set 1

We can see that the distribution of maps as a whole has improved from before. 

Example: Battle Tier 2

• Before:
    • 62.22% of the time you would play Himmelsdorf
    • 37.78% of the time you would play Mines
  • After:
    • 48.77% of the time you would play Himmelsdorf
    • 51.23% of the time you would play Mines

You can see that after this change, the chance at playing the available maps for this battle tier is much more equal. This is true throughout all Battle Tiers with the exception of Battle Tier 8.

(The chart shows the Before / After data per Battle Tier per Map. The data displayed is showing how often that particular map is played at that Battle Tier)

Data Set 2

Additional data showing the distribution of maps per Battle Tier has improved for all Battle Tiers with the exception of Tier 8. However, this is only a 0.15% difference. When looking at the data below, the lower the number, the better. 

Example:

Let's look at Battle Tier 2 again. 

• Before the Most played map shows up 62.22% of the time and the least played map showed up 37.78% of the. The max spread in distribution from the most played and least played map is 24.44 (62.22-37.78).
  • After the change, there is only a 2.46% difference between the most played and least played maps. Nearly an equal chance at hitting either map available at that battle tier. Remember, the lower the number, the better. 

(The chart shows the Before / After data per Battle Tier. The displayed data shows the difference between the most played and least played map for that Battle Tier)

Findings

What's Next?

While the distribution of maps did improve, it did not have the positive impact we were hoping for on the individual player's map rotation. In fact, in some cases, it has negatively impacted their map rotation from the previous map selection process. Due to this, we will be reverting this change and learning from the data gathered.  This is a work in progress, and we are looking to make further adjustments in the future. 

menotomy max. Any plans for this? Seems the community is testing more and more stuff in-game since 6.0. Has this been talked about? Would seems strange or confusing if it hasn't. Basically this community is testing a new game. If you want the community to believe, then do something about it. Wee simple ops ain't gonna help.. 

KY PRO 2008-x #16 Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 48785 battles
The tech tree is utter trash btw plz revert it back likes it was

SHIRO SAN UA-x #17 Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:21 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22659 battles
  • [FEN1X]

View PostKY PRO 2008-x, on 05 February 2021 - 11:49 PM, said:

The tech tree is utter trash btw plz revert it back likes it was

The whole game is a wreck. Let alone it is so much different - its broken almost everywhere. Could(would) it just be different, without being broken?

SPITFIRE6-x #18 Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:14 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18748 battles

Is there any chance some of the old maps come into the rotation? I think this will help a great deal towards fixing the repetition of maps during game play. I'm quite frankly shocked you haven't thought of that. Instead you are trying to mess with the numbers. It's really a simple fix bring back more maps.       Or has the update damaged the player base so much that we don't have enough players to support the maps. If that is the case then maybe you should consider listening more to the community and maybe we can get some of those players back. You seem to be fixing stuff that a small percentage of people care about and not what the base is asking for. Just my opinion, I play regardless my fear is that you lose the base and eventually the game and then I lose a game I have invested into and love and can no longer play because your doors have closed due to stupidity. My biggest grip is the commander system but that is for a different thread. BRING SOME OLD MAPS BACK PLEASE!!!!!! That is just a start, keep going you are making it better as the little updates go by. 

MaxChaos24-x #19 Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:30 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14349 battles
  • [CPTST]

View PostSPITFIRE6-x, on 20 February 2021 - 07:14 AM, said:

Is there any chance some of the old maps come into the rotation? I think this will help a great deal towards fixing the repetition of maps during game play. I'm quite frankly shocked you haven't thought of that. Instead you are trying to mess with the numbers. It's really a simple fix bring back more maps.       Or has the update damaged the player base so much that we don't have enough players to support the maps. If that is the case then maybe you should consider listening more to the community and maybe we can get some of those players back. You seem to be fixing stuff that a small percentage of people care about and not what the base is asking for. Just my opinion, I play regardless my fear is that you lose the base and eventually the game and then I lose a game I have invested into and love and can no longer play because your doors have closed due to stupidity. My biggest grip is the commander system but that is for a different thread. BRING SOME OLD MAPS BACK PLEASE!!!!!! That is just a start, keep going you are making it better as the little updates go by. 

Hello, even with 100+ maps in rotation, players still had the issue of seeing the same maps repeatedly in the same session. This is not a new issue or something related to the number of maps in rotation, it's an issue with the core system of how maps are selected which is what our focus is on improving. :honoring:

psmobius1-p #20 Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35196 battles
  • [6O97H]
Ahh, information and data....that is what players like to see, share with us what you see. Great job and keep it coming. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users