Community Update Stream - Recap 02/19/21

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

Lysith3a-x #21 Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:56 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16513 battles
The battle HUD is still far from finished, and still a decided downgrade from what we had before. I seriously hope that there’s not a belief that it’s finished, or nearly finished.

- The enemy health bar needs to reflect (centrally) when YOU hit the tank. This needs to be distinguishable from when anyone else hits it.
- Enemy tank info grid - I still don’t see the point of this. Could we have an option to remove this from the HUD through customisation?
- Module grid - I’ll reserve judgement on this until I’ve seen the simplified version
- Camera reticle - this is pointless. It adds nothing but often overlaps the aiming reticle now. Please either widen it so as to make it permanently distinguishable from the aiming reticle or remove it altogether.
- Ribbons - I still think these are a far more efficient way of conveying in-battle performance than the constant XP pop ups.
- Kill counter - how is this NOT on the screen? Having it hidden away in a 2-click sub menu is unacceptable.

Moving away from the HUD:

PRBS - this needs more detail. The efficiency tab needs to return, the economy breakdown needs to return. Does damage blocked contribute to XP? If so this needs to be called out on the leaderboard screen alongside the kill, damage and assisted damage numbers.

Garage - yes, we all know it’s too sparse and too depressing.

Tech trees - vertical progression just makes it look a mess. Yes, the prem tree is the worst but the others are nearly as bad. Horizontal progression was far easier to navigate.

Tank info - all the lost stats need to be re-instated. Things like gun depression, shell velocities etc are vital information that we shouldn’t have to be sourcing externally.

Tank filters - can we please add a 2x filter so that we can disregard tanks that we’ve already got our daily 2x on?

Commander filters - any filters whatsoever would be nice, especially considering how laborious it is to move them around in the first place. Sort by nationality, assigned/unassigned etc would be good at a minimum.

Commander assignment - there should be an option to assign a Commander from the tank options - ie if you try to enter battle with no Commander you should have a pop up that asks the player if they want to proceed without a Commander or assign one - if they want to assign one then it pulls up Commanders eligible for that tank, ie same nation, and then another option to select a Commander from another nation. Also when placing a Commander and going back to the garage the highlighted tank should be the tank that you’ve just moved the Commander into. At the moment it tends to highlight the tank you’ve moved the Commander from.

Profile tab - MOE progression should be in there. Also, the basic information that is in there (ie when it tells you how many marks you have on a highlighted tank) isn’t always right. For example in the profile info it said I had 2 marks on a tank. I took the tank out, played it, and in the medals screen afterwards I had 1 mark and the % reflected that it couldn’t possibly have been 2 marks before the battle.

I aim to misbehave

Trevelsh-x #22 Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:20 AM

Private

• Players
  • 62451 battles

Hiya Minto have you been able to read this. Please assist. Plus just realised tanker rewards need to be completed in 28 days this Feb not the usual month. Should the number of points be less?

Hiya thanks for all the effort to the developers for bringing WOT consol more up to scratch. Soooooooo looking forward to better map rotation and more maps. Also enjoy the litle extras like birds flying below in arty targeting and many others added to game. When playing alot I notice things like animals running around, plane crashes, new building details etc. Nice to be suprised and impressed that it is done as probably all these little extras goes unnoticed in battle and some could not be bothered about such things.

After 6 years (524 days 6 hours 35min, a year and a half of my time, sigh) of playing the game i finally Reasearched all the 13 nations tech tree (420 tanks roughly not the current 362 only) a few days before my 55 birthday. I have played a very large % of all the tanks along the way, which i think deserves a badge all in it own class. At my age and modest to crappy skill level (but improving) a big deal.

Wargaming used to give out a pair of wargamming slippers to anyone who has achieved this. Please tell me they still do it would be fantastic. Have a damaged back and have to wear slippers to keep pain away (warmth) or anything else to mark the achievement as there does not seem to be a achievement badge for such a huge task? 

Thank you any assistace in this regard as support suggested to contact admins in forum as they could not help. I also have no reply on email.

Oh, I found on my xbox one if you increase the gamma to above 65% the tanks no longer look a little plasticy. Let me know if this works for anyone else?

Edited by Trevelsh-x, 22 February 2021 - 08:56 AM.

Trev

TATHAAGATA-p #23 Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31795 battles

View PostLysith3a-x, on 20 February 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

The battle HUD is still far from finished, and still a decided downgrade from what we had before. I seriously hope that there’s not a belief that it’s finished, or nearly finished.

- The enemy health bar needs to reflect (centrally) when YOU hit the tank. This needs to be distinguishable from when anyone else hits it.
- Enemy tank info grid - I still don’t see the point of this. Could we have an option to remove this from the HUD through customisation?
- Module grid - I’ll reserve judgement on this until I’ve seen the simplified version
- Camera reticle - this is pointless. It adds nothing but often overlaps the aiming reticle now. Please either widen it so as to make it permanently distinguishable from the aiming reticle or remove it altogether.
- Ribbons - I still think these are a far more efficient way of conveying in-battle performance than the constant XP pop ups.
- Kill counter - how is this NOT on the screen? Having it hidden away in a 2-click sub menu is unacceptable.

PRBS - this needs more detail. The efficiency tab needs to return, the economy breakdown needs to return. Does damage blocked contribute to XP? If so this needs to be called out on the leaderboard screen alongside the kill, damage and assisted damage numbers.

Tech trees - vertical progression just makes it look a mess. Yes, the prem tree is the worst but the others are nearly as bad. Horizontal progression was far easier to navigate.

Tank info - all the lost stats need to be re-instated. Things like gun depression, shell velocities etc are vital information that we shouldn’t have to be sourcing externally.

Tank filters - can we please add a 2x filter so that we can disregard tanks that we’ve already got our daily 2x on?

Commander filters - any filters whatsoever would be nice, especially considering how laborious it is to move them around in the first place. Sort by nationality, assigned/unassigned etc would be good at a minimum.

Commander assignment - there should be an option to assign a Commander from the tank options - ie if you try to enter battle with no Commander you should have a pop up that asks the player if they want to proceed without a Commander or assign one - if they want to assign one then it pulls up Commanders eligible for that tank, ie same nation, and then another option to select a Commander from another nation. Also when placing a Commander and going back to the garage the highlighted tank should be the tank that you’ve just moved the Commander into. At the moment it tends to highlight the tank you’ve moved the Commander from.

Profile tab - MOE progression should be in there. Also, the basic information that is in there (ie when it tells you how many marks you have on a highlighted tank) isn’t always right. For example in the profile info it said I had 2 marks on a tank. I took the tank out, played it, and in the medals screen afterwards I had 1 mark and the % reflected that it couldn’t possibly have been 2 marks before the battle.

you absolutely right,but they don't care

D1AVOLUS-p #24 Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17321 battles

View PostTATHAAGATA-p, on 20 February 2021 - 11:48 AM, said:

you absolutely right,but they don't care

I've been saying that for years. Unfortunately, I've been laughed at for this several times ...

Tägliche Live Streams

http://www.twitch.tv/d1avolus

PhonicKitty8825-x #25 Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20380 battles
  • [1CAB]
Don't you dare do something bad to my T-62a!!!!

D1AVOLUS-p #26 Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:44 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17321 battles
Will we ever get more Data Information back like Bullet velocity , Gun depression or other Information from the Result Screen like  driving miles/kilometer , spottet enemys, etc from all other Player? Why WG removed this? 

Tägliche Live Streams

Polski1024-x #27 Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:16 PM

Private

• Players
  • 13869 battles
Another week of changes going in the right direction, cheers MV !

Mr HIPP0-x #28 Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 35369 battles
  • [OLDG]

@Minto.

Thank you for the heads up on colour blind mode, this is great news.

Are there any change notes for the tanks being balanced?

OldGamerz.co.uk

OldGamerz.co.uk Mature gaming community for the over 30's

Playing for fun, not stats.

HUNCortez08-x #29 Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:33 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18611 battles
  • [1MPA]
What are you want to do with arty, Minto? Because its not normal what they are doing!

D1AVOLUS-p #30 Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17321 battles
The MM needs to be fixed...ASAP The MM ist the worst sh*t in the Game! Always with T8 (3 max on every Side) in T10 Games^^ Or Sometime 3 T8 on my side and the Reds have NO T8! But WG says NO! We dont change the MM! We change the whole UI to a bad one that no one wants!  

Edited by D1AVOLUS-p, 20 February 2021 - 01:40 PM.

Tägliche Live Streams

SandM9-x #31 Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 19 February 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

• When equipping a reserve consumable prompt to ask resupply currency.

So, if they can program a prompt why don't they just switch the default to silver instead of gold?

WoT has been randomly taking players gold for years and at this point it would be hard for WGC to argue they were unaware of the issue.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

D1AVOLUS-p #32 Posted 20 February 2021 - 05:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17321 battles

BTW: Pls more OPS for new Player where they can "win" a Premium Tank from Tier8 to Tier10. 

Today a Player, 5 Days in Game, driving with a Paladin on the own Redline and Sniper over El Haluf! 

Trust me WG, this is the best way to get more and more potential Players and get out the OG´s !

Tägliche Live Streams

D1AVOLUS-p #33 Posted 20 February 2021 - 05:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17321 battles

And another one:

When will u FIX the Replay Section? I got everytime an E:00G34 Error , it´s says WOT Service is unreachable.

Tägliche Live Streams

BlueTrout-x #34 Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22038 battles
  • [SPRTN]

View PostLysith3a-x, on 20 February 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

Please, dear lord of War Gaming, just do this. ALL of this. 

SamSlayer09078-x #35 Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:56 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 31973 battles
Can you please tell me what you are going to do with those 5 tanks, I really like the T95E6 and would be pretty upset if it gets nerfed.

Adi_Waw_PL-p #36 Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:13 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9792 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 19 February 2021 - 10:54 PM, said:

Literally just wrote in my report that now a lot of adjustments have been made to the HUD that the Tech Tree/LVP will be the next focus of the community :B

Good to hear that, thank you very much for the information. Hopefully under the Tree / LVP there is both a clearer tree structure and the removal of unjustified grinding on some vehicles ... It's nice that someone is finally watching this, I keep my fingers crossed. :great:-

Edited by Adi_Waw_PL-p, 20 February 2021 - 10:14 PM.

HybredXero-x #37 Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 37365 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 19 February 2021 - 04:29 PM, said:

Hello everyone,

Here is the latest Community Update Stream recap on WoTConsole Twitch.

More information will be available during the Insider Information Stream on Monday at 1400 CST (2000 UTC). 

Tuesday:

• 2 New maps, Vineyards and Highway.
  • The consumable price will remain at the current discounted price.
  • New matchmaking test, should even spread more with half the number of back to back:
    • Added maps to more tiers for greater variety.
    • Removed Assault mode from 3 maps as part of the test.
  • Moved spawns on 7 maps to address balance issues.
  • Green\Purple Colorblind option.
  • Balance changes to 5 tanks:
    • M41 Bulldog
    • M41B Brazilian Bulldog
    • Hollenhund / leKpz M41 90mm
    • T-62A
    • T95E6
  • When equipping a reserve consumable prompt to ask resupply currency.
  • Simplified module\crew damage icons for readability.
  • Tank class and name added to MVP screen, MVP no longer disappears.
  • Improved anti-aliasing on trees to fix ghosting.
  • Pulled out the furthest post mortem cam to better see around you.
  • Rollover recovery skill added – reduce flip time 50%.
  • The radial dial won’t bring up a player profile in the handbrake control scheme.

Stream:

DISCLAIMER - As with the Update Preview Notes, these notes are subject to change. Complete and final notes will be made available prior to any update.

All the best,

MV

What 7 maps are having their spawns moved?

What are the balance changes to the named tanks?  Why are only select tanks being looked at for balance changes and not all of them?

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

RFCAN76-x #38 Posted 21 February 2021 - 01:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 53858 battles
Now, what going to happen to the T-62A?  Not that I played tier 10 much due to the new feature's packed 6.0 WOTC new game, 
"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."   

Jean Baptiste Poquelin (1622 - 1673]      301 tanks in the garage as of 01/06//2021

Spoiler Update 01/06/2021

SteelWarriorSoul-p #39 Posted 21 February 2021 - 03:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53920 battles
  • [R0N1N]

View PostLysith3a-x, on 20 February 2021 - 06:56 AM, said:

THIS PLEASE! ^^^^^^^^^^

MintoVimto-x #40 Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:37 AM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1152 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostLysith3a-x, on 20 February 2021 - 04:56 AM, said:

Everything on this list has been reported, many of them I’m aware of work being done on them. Still lots to do absolutely, these aren’t forgotten even if we don’t talk about them for a few weeks. 

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Wargaming Chicago - Baltimore

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users