Tech Tree and Line Upload System Problem

Tech Tree Line Upload System Problem

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Tech Tree and line system (77 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which tech tree and line system should WG implement?

1. WOT PC (17 votes [22.08%])

Percentage of vote: 22.08%

2. WOT Blitz (3 votes [3.90%])

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

3. Old Version (5.0) (57 votes [74.03%])

Percentage of vote: 74.03%

Vote Hide poll

ThorrOdinson616-p #1 Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles

I hope Minto, Max or any administrator sees this, because it is really important.

The problem of the tech tree is something that needs to be addressed immediately, the uploading of lines is more complicated than it was before.

CURRENT VERSION 6.0

TECH TREE

In the current version (6.0) the tech tree has completely changed its design, making it quite complicated to navigate and find the tank you want.

SYSTEM LINE

The system for upgrading tanks is linear, which is quite detrimental because we are not allowed to choose which module we want to upgrade first and we are required additional experience to make it elite (in the last version this did not happen), not to mention that forces you to develop tanks that you do not want to unlock the one you really want (We just saw recently with the Obj.430U that forced you to unlock the K-91 and Obj.430 without wanting it, so its operation did not make any sense).

OLD VERSION (5.0)

TECH TREE

In the previous version we could see that the tech tree was very similar to that of PC, the operation was exactly the same with the difference that instead of developing individual modules as in PC you developed packages.

SYSTEM LINE

When you reached a higher Tier your vehicle was automatically Elite without the need to gain additional experience and you could always choose which tank to develop.

This is in case of 1 tank that has more to unlock, like the Tiger (P):
-- VK 100.01(P)
-- Ferdinand 
-- VK 45.02(P) A

Another very striking case is that of Bat.-Châtillon 12 t:
-- AMX 13 90
-- AMX 30
-- Bat.-Châtillon 25t AP

The most recent case Obj.430II:
-- K-91
-- Obj.430
-- Obj.430U

And finally the most popular case in the game with the Conqueror Líne:

-- FV215b

-- Chieftain MK.6

-- Super Conqueror

We can not forget several tanks that have only 2 tanks, but it would still be the same case of the above.

Not to mention that when you unlock a module that you share with other tanks (engines and cannons), it significantly lowers the experience of the packs, making tank upgrades easier and more consistent.

And when you meet all the requirements (cannon and engine) the package will cost you 0 Experience, in the last version when developing all the Conqueror packages, Conway's first package cost 0 Experience because his engine and cannon were previously developed in the Conqueror.

WOT PC

In WOT PC and WOT Blitz when you unlock a module that you share with other tanks (engines and cannons), these will automatically be available without requiring to unlock them again, to equip packages you must first get the tracks (to support the weight) and the turret (in case the cannon is 1 Tier higher) making the tank upgrade easier and more coherent.

TECH TREE

LINE SYSTEM

WOT BLITZ

WOT Blitz uses a system similar to WOT PC with a few modifications.

In WOT Blitz, unlike PC, when developing a module it will be free and can be assembled at no cost, it would only be to develop and assemble the caterpillars to support the extra weight and the turret (in case the cannon is 1 Tier higher).

TECH TREE

LINE SYSTEM

EXAMPLE

I imagine many who want or already have the Super Conqueror line unlocked.

The penultimate engine and last gun of the Tier IX Conqueror respectively are the Rolls-Royce Meteor M120 (engine) and the 120 mm Gun L1A1 (gun), both engine and gun are shared with the Tortoise.

The last engine and the last gun of Tier IX respectively are the Rolls-Royce Griffon (engine) and the 120 mm Gun L1A1 (gun), both engine and gun are shared with the Conway.

In the 6.0 system it doesn't matter if you have unlocked the engines and gun, you have to unlock them again in both the Tortoise and the Conway.

In the 5.0 system this cannon was automatically unlocked for the Conway and the Tortoise it lowered the experience on their packages, the engines also lower the experience on both.

In the WOT PC and WOT Blitz system this gun was automatically unlocked and ready to mount on both the Conway and the Tortoise, the only thing would be to develop and buy the tracks for both to support the weight of the gun and the engine, after that small detail is fully ready to unlock both the FV4005 Stage II (by the Conway) as the FV215b 183 (Only in Blitz) and FV217 Badger (Only in PC) (by the Tortoise).

ThorrOdinson616-p #2 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles
IF I OMITTED SOMETHING PLEASE COMMENT KINDLY AND I WILL CORRECT IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THANK YOU.

USSWISCONSIN94-x #3 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13083 battles
  • [47R]

Don't forget once you research any of the things like tracks/gun/engine/turret for Blitz. You don't have to pay for it. once you unlock you get them for free. something PC and console needs to learn. the collector system that PC uses makes more sense to me than Blitz making them "collectors" but you need to pay gold AND you can only get them during events or if WG wants to. 

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

ThorrOdinson616-p #4 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:29 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94-x, on 22 February 2021 - 07:27 PM, said:

Don't forget once you research any of the things like tracks/gun/engine/turret for Blitz. You don't have to pay for it. once you unlock you get them for free. something PC and console needs to learn. the collector system that PC uses makes more sense to me than Blitz making them "collectors" but you need to pay gold AND you can only get them during events or if WG wants to. 

Thanks for the comment, I will correct it shortly.

Having collector tanks seems perfect to me, because those tanks are basically "premiums" that can be modified by WG whenever he wants without any problem.

That's how PC and Blitz do it to control the broken tanks that are premiums.

USSWISCONSIN94-x #5 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13083 battles
  • [47R]

View PostThorrOdinson616-p, on 22 February 2021 - 07:29 PM, said:

Thanks for the comment, I will correct it shortly.

Having collector tanks seems perfect to me, because those tanks are basically "premiums" that can be modified by WG whenever he wants without any problem.

That's how PC and Blitz do it to control the broken tanks that are premiums.

Yet the "collectors" on PC are not premiums. they are TT tanks they removed (as you see compared above) and put them in their own area to see. They don't get premium benefits either. nor can you grind any of the lines. you also NEED to have any tank to that tier of the vehicle removed before you can get them. so if you have a King Tiger at tier 8 you can buy any "collector" in the same or lower tier.

Collector tanks make sense to me and one thing i like about PC but they need to work on it more to be better

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

ThorrOdinson616-p #6 Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94-x, on 22 February 2021 - 07:51 PM, said:

Yet the "collectors" on PC are not premiums. they are TT tanks they removed (as you see compared above) and put them in their own area to see. They don't get premium benefits either. nor can you grind any of the lines. you also NEED to have any tank to that tier of the vehicle removed before you can get them. so if you have a King Tiger at tier 8 you can buy any "collector" in the same or lower tier.

Collector tanks make sense to me and one thing i like about PC but they need to work on it more to be better

PC is on the right track and is gradually balancing the lines as recently happened with the IS-4, E100 and T110E5.

Haukkis-x #7 Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 39285 battles

View PostThorrOdinson616-p, on 23 February 2021 - 03:39 AM, said:

PC is on the right track and is gradually balancing the lines as recently happened with the IS-4, E100 and T110E5.

True. But unfortunately we are "different". I'd love to see those buffs arrive on console as well at some point but I'm fearing that day will never come... 

ThorrOdinson616-p #8 Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:31 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles

View PostHaukkis-x, on 22 February 2021 - 09:20 PM, said:

True. But unfortunately we are "different". I'd love to see those buffs arrive on console as well at some point but I'm fearing that day will never come... 

The way the game is going, they may arrive in 4 or 5 years, in the best of cases and having a minimum of hope.

But with the direction it is currently taking I doubt it and it is almost impossible to happen.

ThorrOdinson616-p #9 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:01 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles

View PostHaukkis-x, on 22 February 2021 - 09:20 PM, said:

If you want to know here are the changes made to the E100, IS-4 and T110E5:

http://forum-console...e-100-and-more/

Pajonate-x #10 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:19 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13616 battles
  • [47R-2]

Good thread, and things well explained, but I wonder if any CCs or CAs will be willing to push this any further to the ears that need to hear about it @ WG.

I have sent a message to MintoVimto regarding linear progression especially after researching all the modules for the tank, and he had informed me that he is aware of that and he had put it on his list of issues to be reported to WG, but, of course, he was not able to give me any more info on the topic.

Examples of problems with LVP are also seen in the British line. Conqueror (tier 9) is blocked from researching the S. Conqueror, but you need to grind FV215B (I think), then the Chieftain, and then the S. Conq. So, instead of grinding ~300K XP for the S. Conq, you need to grind close to 1 mil XP to reach the S.Conq. The issue is that the Chieftain and the FV215B are not helping you to get faster to the S. Conq, since their XP generation is not counted towards the next tank.

British medium is another one. and that one was also a 2 week ops. Centurion AX, cannot be reached directly from the tier 9 medium Centurion 7/1, but there is another tank in between that needs to be grind, FV4202.

Fun times.

Edited by Pajonate-x, 23 February 2021 - 05:20 AM.

ThorrOdinson616-p #11 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:30 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles

View PostPajonate-x, on 22 February 2021 - 11:19 PM, said:

Good thread, and things well explained, but I wonder if any CCs or CAs will be willing to push this any further to the ears that need to hear about it @ WG.

I have sent a message to MintoVimto regarding linear progression especially after researching all the modules for the tank, and he had informed me that he is aware of that and he had put it on his list of issues to be reported to WG, but, of course, he was not able to give me any more info on the topic.

Examples of problems with LVP are also seen in the British line. Conqueror (tier 9) is blocked from researching the S. Conqueror, but you need to grind FV215B (I think), then the Chieftain, and then the S. Conq. So, instead of grinding ~300K XP for the S. Conq, you need to grind close to 1 mil XP to reach the S.Conq. The issue is that the Chieftain and the FV215B are not helping you to get faster to the S. Conq, since their XP generation is not counted towards the next tank.

British medium is another one. and that one was also a 2 week ops. Centurion AX, cannot be reached directly from the tier 9 medium Centurion 7/1, but there is another tank in between that needs to be grind, FV4202.

Fun times.

The issue here is not whether or not Minto passed the report, the real issue is how long and whether it will be solved in any way.

monkeyCOWman-x #12 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:41 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11247 battles
Great post!

Garage: TOGII*, Excelsior, Matilda Black Prince, Firefly VC, Sentinal I, FV4202(P)^, CentennialT/95, Matilda, Cromwell^, Comet^^Centurion 7/1^, CenturionAX, T1E6X, T1E6X-X1, T7 CC, M22 Locust, Ram II, M4 improved, M4A2E4, T78, Hellcat-105, MTLS B, M48-120, Pz38H, PzIID, PzIIJ, PzIIK, The Hidden, Krupp Styer, Pz T25, Hammer, FCM36pack40, AMX CDC^, Bourrasque, BDR G1B^^, ARL 44^, AMX 50 100^, AMX M4mle.45 T-127, BT7A-R, BTSV, T-29, Matilda IV, SU76i, T-34-88, Object 244, Motherland, Fatherland, IS-5, Object 777v2, Object 416^^Object 430-||, Object 430u, The Nameless, Ke Ne, Chi-Ri^, STA-1^, Type 61^, STB-1, Type 59^Skoda T25, Skoda T50, Strv m/42-57, L-60, Draugen, Leo, UDS 14 alt5, P.43 bis

*Elite*Premium*Grind*Tier 10*marks^*Bold(Favourite)

ThorrOdinson616-p #13 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles

View PostmonkeyCOWman-x, on 22 February 2021 - 11:41 PM, said:

Great post!

Thank you, it's good to hear and I hope it's helpful

Adi_Waw_PL-p #14 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:38 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9792 battles

Well done - I added a link to your post in my thread (with similar topics), only in another section :great:

Let’s Talk about - Linear Vehicle Progression Issue or BUG or ... Feature - Game Suggestions - Official Forum - World of Tanks Console

The more we talk about it, the more likely they will do something about it. MintoVinto mentioned recently:

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 19 February 2021 - 10:54 PM, said:

Literally just wrote in my report that now a lot of adjustments have been made to the HUD that the Tech Tree/LVP will be the next focus of the community :B

... Let's hope something moves on the topic.

Edited by Adi_Waw_PL-p, 23 February 2021 - 11:39 AM.

ThorrOdinson616-p #15 Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles

View PostAdi_Waw_PL-p, on 23 February 2021 - 05:38 AM, said:

Well done - I added a link to your post in my thread (with similar topics), only in another section :great:

Let’s Talk about - Linear Vehicle Progression Issue or BUG or ... Feature - Game Suggestions - Official Forum - World of Tanks Console

The more we talk about it, the more likely they will do something about it. MintoVinto mentioned recently:

... Let's hope something moves on the topic.

Thanks, hopefully Minto or Max will see this psot.

ThorrOdinson616-p #16 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles
And how do you think this problem will be solved?

Goddog-x #17 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26737 battles
  • [SDKFZ]
really wish we would just move back to the prior style tech tree. the current one again shows no peer reviewing going on. 

Winner 3rd place in the  [UNOFFICIAL CHALLENGE #2] Tier V Sturmgeschutz III

ThorrOdinson616-p #18 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles

View PostGoddog-x, on 23 February 2021 - 10:18 AM, said:

really wish we would just move back to the prior style tech tree. the current one again shows no peer reviewing going on. 

I think it would be the easiest thing to do, to go back to how the previous version was.

STEVEN S33 SKA-x #19 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 1724 battles

View PostThorrOdinson616-p, on 23 February 2021 - 04:22 PM, said:

I think it would be the easiest thing to do, to go back to how the previous version was.

Old Tech Tree but new Linear style. Researching multiple items before you get the tank gives everyone a potentially unfair advantage.

Has big gun from old tank, joins game boom sticks people.

Can't happen now until you have earned your stripes in that tank. Good on WGCB for that!!!!!

Edited by STEVEN S33 SKA-x, 23 February 2021 - 04:33 PM.

Premium Tanks:                     T14 - M6A2E1 - T34 - Churchill III - IS-2 Berlin - Fatherland IS3-A - Captured KV-1 - King Tiger

WOT PC Profile:                                          http://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/500290942-skaerials

ThorrOdinson616-p #20 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20491 battles

View PostSTEVEN S33 SKA-x, on 23 February 2021 - 10:32 AM, said:

Old Tech Tree but new Linear style. Researching multiple items before you get the tank gives everyone a potentially unfair advantage.

Has big gun from old tank, joins game boom sticks people.

Can't happen now until you have earned your stripes in that tank. Good on WGCB for that!!!!!

It would be better to use the tech tree and the PC system, for many it is more important to take out the gun and turret than the radio.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users