Tech Tree and Line Upload System Problem

Tech Tree Line Upload System Problem

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Tech Tree and line system (84 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which tech tree and line system should WG implement?

1. WOT PC (18 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. WOT Blitz (3 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

3. Old Version (5.0) (63 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Hide poll

MintoVimto-x #41 Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:28 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1272 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostPajonate-x, on 23 February 2021 - 12:19 AM, said:

Good thread, and things well explained, but I wonder if any CCs or CAs will be willing to push this any further to the ears that need to hear about it @ WG.

I have sent a message to MintoVimto regarding linear progression especially after researching all the modules for the tank, and he had informed me that he is aware of that and he had put it on his list of issues to be reported to WG, but, of course, he was not able to give me any more info on the topic.

Examples of problems with LVP are also seen in the British line. Conqueror (tier 9) is blocked from researching the S. Conqueror, but you need to grind FV215B (I think), then the Chieftain, and then the S. Conq. So, instead of grinding ~300K XP for the S. Conq, you need to grind close to 1 mil XP to reach the S.Conq. The issue is that the Chieftain and the FV215B are not helping you to get faster to the S. Conq, since their XP generation is not counted towards the next tank.

British medium is another one. and that one was also a 2 week ops. Centurion AX, cannot be reached directly from the tier 9 medium Centurion 7/1, but there is another tank in between that needs to be grind, FV4202.

Fun times.

Well, wonder no more! I am looking for feedback on these features now that we have gotten through most of the HUD, and in-game issues and adjustments.

I think that after over two months, I have to agree with what I have seen regarding the feedback so far, I think that the tech tree, and LVP need some adjustments next. I will continue flicking through the forums, discord, and reddit, and keep reading through my messages and be sure to put my findings in my next report! 

Thank you everyone!

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Wargaming Chicago - Baltimore

ThorrOdinson616-p #42 Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:52 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20649 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 24 February 2021 - 02:28 PM, said:

Well, wonder no more! I am looking for feedback on these features now that we have gotten through most of the HUD, and in-game issues and adjustments.

I think that after over two months, I have to agree with what I have seen regarding the feedback so far, I think that the tech tree, and LVP need some adjustments next. I will continue flicking through the forums, discord, and reddit, and keep reading through my messages and be sure to put my findings in my next report! 

Thank you everyone!

Thank you very much for answering Minto, let's hope that the technological tree and the system to climb lines will change completely, finishing a tank and then doing more experience to make it elite doesn't make sense.

STEVEN S33 SKA-x #43 Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 2685 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 24 February 2021 - 08:28 PM, said:

Thank you everyone!

Here is a simple thing to consider with your Tech Tree. You have 309 Premium tanks and someone thinks i'll buy one thats a Tier 5 or 8 or any type.

A new buyer will have zero clue about where there tank exists in a Tech Tree but in the very very old Tech Tree we had little branches that could be seen ie: T14 similar to a Sherman or a Sherman jumbo but were gold and only cost £5.95

Grind up to Tier 8 and thought. Well i'm chucking silver constantly so i'll get a Premium 8 Tank aswell. Can be expensive but i'm driving about and i'd like one.

Try working out any tank and where it exists in the Tech Tree now as Premium its just ridiculous. 

Brmm Brmm .... Pew Pew:                     T14 - M6A2E1 - T34 - Churchill III - IS-2 Berlin - Captured KV-1 

T92 - T77 - M60 -  IS-6 - Fatherland IS3-A - King Tiger  - Type 59-II

WOT PC PROFILE:                            http://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/500290942-skaerials

Adi_Waw_PL-p #44 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10339 battles

Thank you everyone!

Many thanks, Minto, your answer is optimistic ... I will not bother you with additional questions about LVP for the time being, and I will wait patiently for further developments. I am glad that we are starting to get more answers from Max and you - keep it up :great:

Haukkis-x #45 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39683 battles

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 24 February 2021 - 09:28 PM, said:

Thank you everyone!

Old package system was better in many ways imo. Today I went check some stats of T-54 which I don't have anymore in my garage and guess what, I can't! If I don't own a vehicle I can't check it's upgradable component's stats (reload time, penetration, view range etc.), previously you could easily check stats of different packages available for that vehicle. Now I have to use Tankopedia for that... that's just not right...  :(

FastSirleon-p #46 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 56141 battles
  • [IOPS]

Thank you everyone!

All very interesting

marinefish666-x #47 Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:29 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 48495 battles

It would be nice if the current tanks commander is automatically highlighted when you hit the Commander tab.

A filter that shows what commanders can go into a tank for free would speed things up.

Also put the name of the home tank he came from by the picture.

This will help keep the right skill setups in the right tanks.

I don't want a heavy crew in a light tank by accident.

Senior Technical Engineer, all reg tanks unlocked! All reg X tanks in garage.

ThorrOdinson616-p #48 Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20649 battles

View Postmarinefish666-x, on 24 February 2021 - 05:29 PM, said:

It would be nice if the current tanks commander is automatically highlighted when you hit the Commander tab.

A filter that shows what commanders can go into a tank for free would speed things up.

Also put the name of the home tank he came from by the picture.

This will help keep the right skill setups in the right tanks.

I don't want a heavy crew in a light tank by accident.

That should also be seen, it is too difficult to know the nation of any commander.

XxDark90SirenxX-x #49 Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:31 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 471 battles
  • [BUNNY]
There are 8 vacancies in the chicago branch of wargaming. Apply. Make the changes yourself https://wargaming.com/en/careers/

ThorrOdinson616-p #50 Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:20 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20649 battles

View PostXxDark90SirenxX-x, on 24 February 2021 - 07:31 PM, said:

There are 8 vacancies in the chicago branch of wargaming. Apply. Make the changes yourself https://wargaming.com/en/careers/

I had already told you that I was not going to take you seriously, if you want to draw attention to yourself, go somewhere else and don't waste any more of your time.

TATHAAGATA-p #51 Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32390 battles
they dont care but money

STEVEN S33 SKA-x #52 Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 2685 battles

View PostXxDark90SirenxX-x, on 25 February 2021 - 01:31 AM, said:

He won't listen. He has a playstation :)

View PostTATHAAGATA-p, on 25 February 2021 - 02:26 AM, said:

they dont care but money

Would it actually be so bad if it was World of (Premium) Tanks Console. I'd happily play it.

Brmm Brmm .... Pew Pew:                     T14 - M6A2E1 - T34 - Churchill III - IS-2 Berlin - Captured KV-1 

T92 - T77 - M60 -  IS-6 - Fatherland IS3-A - King Tiger  - Type 59-II

WOT PC PROFILE:                            http://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/500290942-skaerials

motor sw-x #53 Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:43 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17440 battles
  • [STRV]

The whole TT system is a mess. Everything from the graphical point of view to the user interface layout (who thought vertical tech lines was good idea?) and down to the linear progression. I can´t see minor tweaks make it better in any way.

The only way to make it better scrap everything and use WoTB or WoT PC as a template and work from that. But that is never going to happen since WGCB haves their own unknown agenda.

I´m still wondering why 6.0 had to happen? And in the state it was released? And why all the drastic changes? It´s mind boggling.

XxDark90SirenxX-x #54 Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 471 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostSTEVEN S33 SKA-x, on 25 February 2021 - 07:34 AM, said:

He won't listen. He has a playstation :)

Would it actually be so bad if it was World of (Premium) Tanks Console. I'd happily play it.

there's literally a job in UI design. As in User interface design for things like menus. He can literally put his money where his mouth is and apply to do it himself if he's going to make 4ish topics and counting showing how thirsty he is for wg attention.

FinlandRed-x #55 Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25115 battles

Thank you everyone!

Good to hear. I'm seeing less TT and more premiums at Tier VIII+ when I play my few games a day.

ThorrOdinson616-p #56 Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:58 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20649 battles

View PostXxDark90SirenxX-x, on 25 February 2021 - 02:26 AM, said:

there's literally a job in UI design. As in User interface design for things like menus. He can literally put his money where his mouth is and apply to do it himself if he's going to make 4ish topics and counting showing how thirsty he is for wg attention.

I don't give a damn what you say about me, until when will you understand it.

You take this video game so seriously that you need to attack and insult on a personal level.

AleTieCan05-x #57 Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52630 battles

"we have gotten through most of the HUD".... are you sure?... the lack of badges, the lack of complete post battle information, the restoration of all information on the red in front of you above the tank (as it was pre-6.0) and not in a side panel (including the option to hide it), and so on.... all these simple things are not provided?

FatGummyhead-x #58 Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18479 battles
nice job , i have been hounding this since day 1 of the update , it needs a total rework , i hope they read this and get the point ....

Xenith_Inc-p #59 Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8386 battles
The Tech tree is a mess. Most peoples TV's are wider than they are tall, so L-R scrolling displays more info. For some reason Baltimorians have vertical display TV's so they went with that, forgetting what the rest of the world has. 

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

motor sw-x #60 Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:50 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17440 battles
  • [STRV]

View PostXenith_Inc-p, on 25 February 2021 - 12:42 PM, said:

The Tech tree is a mess. Most peoples TV's are wider than they are tall, so L-R scrolling displays more info. For some reason Baltimorians have vertical display TV's so they went with that, forgetting what the rest of the world has. 

Ever heard of Vertical Video Syndrome? :trollface:

Sorry for going off topic :hiding:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users