Snakebite, how do you kit it out?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

yellowbussdad-x #1 Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15099 battles

Got it from one of cards, but I'm not a light tank player... would like to learn how to play lights though.

A lot of you are very knowledgeable in light tanks, so would like your helping hand to set this one up.

What would you use for equipment:

1.Fast reload?

2.Camo?

3.Advansed Visual?

Tank commander:

1.6th S

2.BL

3.Sit Awareness 

4.Rapid reload?

Tnx

Tempest fox3-x #2 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:04 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25282 battles
  • [JOCO]

i use the following;

Equipment: Vert stabs / Optics / Gun rammer / Enhanced targeting (If you're willing or able, you can drop this for Vents but I dislike playing without the highlights)

Skills: Sixth sense / Born leader / Steady Aim / Rapid Loading / Situational awareness / Off road driving / Camouflage Expertise / Run-N-Gun / Muffled shot

Playstyle:

Early game - Active scout and harrass enemies, try to pick up any free / cheap damage and kills but don't over expose and try to save your hitpoints as you'll need them later on. 

Mid / Late game - Flank enemy positions and circle isolated tanks to death, cause a general ruckus behind enemy lines and where possible spot/kill any arty and tds hiding at the back. 

Don't be shy about bringing a large amount of premium ammo and apply it liberally. The Snakebite is not a money maker as 91 pen won't achieve anything in the tier 7/8 games it gets (It is not able to be top tier)

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Super Bad Man 4-x #3 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24311 battles
  • [DOOMU]
The Snakebite is not a very forgiving light tank if your only just starting out in lights the speed will get you into trouble.

Take lots of gold ammo as 91mm of pen on standard is a joke. Also as the tank has bad matchmaking ie it always sees 7s very rare you get top tier think of it as reverse pref matchmaking I remember wargaming had an article on matchmaking listing it as always seeing at least tier 7 a few years ago and I don't think that ever changed.

Equipment and skills depend on if you want to be a passive scout or active.

Active take optics vents rammer (if vert stabs is available take that over rammer but I don't think it is

Skills
1. Sixth sense
2. Brothers
3. Situational awareness
4. Run n gun
5. Snapshot
6. Steady aim
7. Camo
8. Marked target
9. Rapid loading
Consumables take large repair Large med them either fuel or food (fire extinguisher is also valid)

Passive scouting optics vents camo net
Skills
1. Sixth sense
2. Brothers
3. Camo
4. Green thumb
5. Muffled (if you still want to shoot)
6. Steady aim
7. Snap shot
8. Run n gun
9. Rapid loading
Consumables Large repair kit Large med kit Food.

As I said its not a forgiving tank so find which style suits you.

Tempest fox3-x #4 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:08 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25282 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSuper Bad Man 4-x, on 23 February 2021 - 12:25 AM, said:

The Snakebite is not a very forgiving light tank if your only just starting out in lights the speed will get you into trouble.

Take lots of gold ammo as 91mm of pen on standard is a joke. Also as the tank has bad matchmaking ie it always sees 7s very rare you get top tier think of it as reverse pref matchmaking I remember wargaming had an article on matchmaking listing it as always seeing at least tier 7 a few years ago and I don't think that ever changed.

Equipment and skills depend on if you want to be a passive scout or active.

Active take optics vents rammer (if vert stabs is available take that over rammer but I don't think it is

Skills
1. Sixth sense
2. Brothers
3. Situational awareness
4. Run n gun
5. Snapshot
6. Steady aim
7. Camo
8. Marked target
9. Rapid loading
Consumables take large repair Large med them either fuel or food (fire extinguisher is also valid)

Passive scouting optics vents camo net
Skills
1. Sixth sense
2. Brothers
3. Camo
4. Green thumb
5. Muffled (if you still want to shoot)
6. Steady aim
7. Snap shot
8. Run n gun
9. Rapid loading
Consumables Large repair kit Large med kit Food.

As I said its not a forgiving tank so find which style suits you.

Vert stabs is available on all lights from tier 6 and up. Dpm is where the tank excels compared to other lights. If you're playing it in a passive role you're kinda doing it wrong imo. 

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416 - In order obtained

Spoiler

yellowbussdad-x #5 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:21 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15099 battles

Thank you!:great:

Will give a go and see if it suits my stile.

Haukkis-x #6 Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 39681 battles

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 23 February 2021 - 02:08 AM, said:

Vert stabs is available on all lights from tier 6 and up. Dpm is where the tank excels compared to other lights. If you're playing it in a passive role you're kinda doing it wrong imo. 

Actually, we don't have Vert Stabs anymore... it's replaced with Gun Stabilzer or something like that, it boost your base accuracy by 20% so it doesn't work like Vert Stabs did previously (made aim circle start 20% smaller in size so aim time was faster).

Tempest fox3-x #7 Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:14 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25282 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostHaukkis-x, on 23 February 2021 - 03:11 AM, said:

Actually, we don't have Vert Stabs anymore... it's replaced with Gun Stabilzer or something like that, it boost your base accuracy by 20% so it doesn't work like Vert Stabs did previously (made aim circle start 20% smaller in size so aim time was faster).

Semantics. Everyone knew which piece of equipment I was referring to. It's a more powerful effect anyway. Before it was only a reduction in your moving/turret traverse dispersion. Now it's a permanent 20% accuracy boost that's applied at all times. 

Spoiler

dzhey43-x #8 Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:09 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44238 battles
  • [GUCCI]

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 23 February 2021 - 03:04 AM, said:

i use the following;

Equipment: Vert stabs / Optics / Gun rammer / Enhanced targeting (If you're willing or able, you can drop this for Vents but I dislike playing without the highlights)

Skills: Sixth sense / Born leader / Steady Aim / Rapid Loading / Situational awareness / Off road driving / Camouflage Expertise / Run-N-Gun / Muffled shot

Playstyle:

Early game - Active scout and harrass enemies, try to pick up any free / cheap damage and kills but don't over expose and try to save your hitpoints as you'll need them later on. 

Mid / Late game - Flank enemy positions and circle isolated tanks to death, cause a general ruckus behind enemy lines and where possible spot/kill any arty and tds hiding at the back. 

Don't be shy about bringing a large amount of premium ammo and apply it liberally. The Snakebite is not a money maker as 91 pen won't achieve anything in the tier 7/8 games it gets (It is not able to be top tier)

I was playing it recently to 3 Mark and ended classic setup optics, camo and stabs. You do not shoot during entire game without releasing shoot button so gun rammer is not working as much, as camo. Also I use ramming skil to kill other lights fun, fast and efficient way.
Spoiler

Tempest fox3-x #9 Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:02 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25282 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postdzhey43-x, on 23 February 2021 - 07:09 AM, said:

I was playing it recently to 3 Mark and ended classic setup optics, camo and stabs. You do not shoot during entire game without releasing shoot button so gun rammer is not working as much, as camo. Also I use ramming skil to kill other lights fun, fast and efficient way.

I have it 3 marked too. Tho I play it very aggressively, getting in among the enemies and circling them. At those ranges you can make mostly every shot hit. Especially in 6.0.

Spoiler

SeeYou5uka-x #10 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:52 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 44674 battles
  • [IFEAR]
Its view range is bad..Its accuracy is bad. It needs BINOCULARS ..  drive around as fast as you can spamming gold . With view range nerf its a bad premium. Get a cromwel b or knight 

UltimoPit385186-x #11 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 35906 battles

View PostSeeYou5uka-x, on 23 February 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

Its view range is bad..Its accuracy is bad. It needs BINOCULARS ..  drive around as fast as you can spamming gold . With view range nerf its a bad premium. Get a cromwel b or knight 

Crommie B and Knight are hardly accuracy kings.

I may give mine a run out now we have new maps. Active scouting all the way!

Tempest fox3-x #12 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25282 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSeeYou5uka-x, on 23 February 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

It doesn't need Binoculars at all. It's an active scout. If you were sitting still long enough for Binocs to activate you're playing it wrong. 

Spoiler

Super Bad Man 4-x #13 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24311 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 23 February 2021 - 01:08 AM, said:

Couldn't remember if you could equip vert stabs on it and I never said I was a passive scout only told op how to set it up as one as he's new to the light role.

On the other point the snakebite actually makes an excellent passive scout as its got good camo speed to take advantage of early advanced positions and if your unwilling to spam the gold terrible pen values I play it as a hybrid mostly leaning towards active scouting depending on the situation.

SeeYou5uka-x #14 Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 44674 battles
  • [IFEAR]
Only reason to buy this tank was for the crew! Since crew rework its  pointless.  Remember ? Set up costs have increased so don't want make mistake .  

xxFUZZYDUNLOPx-x #15 Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39013 battles
  • [JOCO]
I barely played mine, primarily bought it for the crew via cheap war stories deal. It's great at ramming other lights

Haukkis-x #16 Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39681 battles

View PostSuper Bad Man 4-x, on 23 February 2021 - 02:06 PM, said:

Couldn't remember if you could equip vert stabs on it and I never said I was a passive scout only told op how to set it up as one as he's new to the light role.

On the other point the snakebite actually makes an excellent passive scout as its got good camo speed to take advantage of early advanced positions and if your unwilling to spam the gold terrible pen values I play it as a hybrid mostly leaning towards active scouting depending on the situation.

Snakebite's camo is not that good for a light tank... under average I would say. Even T-50-2 has better camo.

Super Bad Man 4-x #17 Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:42 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24311 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostHaukkis-x, on 25 February 2021 - 09:56 PM, said:

Snakebite's camo is not that good for a light tank... under average I would say. Even T-50-2 has better camo.

I've just been using a tank compare sight as I can't remember what I've actually got the Snakebite down to and xbox is down right now so I can't check.

Now keep in mind this sight is using old skills and equipment you can get stationary camo down to 0.67 using camo skill and net on the t-50-2 you get stationary down to 0.74 so it's only a difference of 0.07 less camo than your example of a tank with better camo. Keeping in mind this is with the old worser skills and with a camo net that deactivates on moving which doesn't happen in update 6.0.

If you set the Snakebite up for stealth it will happily do the stealth game the Snakebite is fast enough to get into an early advanced bush and will happily stay there until the enemies either push into your position or a light comes close enough to spot you I personally run it with fuel so it goes from 0 to 82 in seconds if I'm at a dead stop or trying to circle of death a tank or want the extra speed while scouting. 

Feel free to select both tanks and compare them for yourself I put both with camo skill and net I also put paint on the T-50-2 but no paint on Snakebite as it is already included. http://www.worldofta...nkProfiler.aspx

Snakebite's base camo is 0.28 an excellent start for any stealth build. T-50-2 is 0.3 not much better. I think that's enough of a point on why the Snakebite can play stealth unless you feel you can prove me wrong... 

Pit Friend-x #18 Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38892 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostHaukkis-x, on 25 February 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

Makes sense as the thing is actually a Cromwell and not built to be stealthy. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

MaxMiner11-x #19 Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24028 battles

I don't think I would set up a crew just for the Snakebite.  I use my UK light crew from the Manticore line.  If one doesn't have a light tank crew just put in a medium crew.

I have Optics, gun stabilizer and rammer.  Although now that advanced concealment works when moving, one could swap that instead of either the rammer or stabilizer.  Of the two, I would likely forego the rammer as my crews have rapid loading anyway.

Super Bad Man 4-x #20 Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:47 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24311 battles
  • [DOOMU]

Snakebite has a 2 second reload without rammer its not needed feel free to drop it for advanced concealment. I put my manticore crew in it and I had a few games testing different settings equipment and consumables and found the hybrid approach to be best for me early game I can take a bush or brawl with the other lights.

Edit I think I dropped the advanced target info for vstabs Im running optics net vstabs and vents as 91mm of pen I'm not sniping from a bush. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users